REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-13-2019, 06:07 PM   #2576
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi7ch View Post
Anyone notice Derek Cains photography site is down. The timing sure is odd with the recent CTV article. I wonder if he was getting harassed on there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Damn I hope not. Everyone has a job to do and this stuff shouldn’t mess up his person life
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #2577
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Damn I hope not. Everyone has a job to do and this stuff shouldn’t mess up his person life
There is no highlight in article, that it comes from tiny minority anyway. He and his buds behaved as an outrage mob. Basically, I see it as outrage mob fights with outrage mob, and we are dragged in it without any reason... Can't find any simpathy for any of the sides... Not anymore
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2019, 08:25 AM   #2578
I am Hook'd on RS

Less than 5 yr old vehicles getting VI is silly. While the LEO are doing a poor job informing the public with non-court disputable tickets (VI's). Their term "Only OEM Parts" isn't 100% accurate. The exterior should have "DOT" approve parts, which include: eg. lenses, bulbs, LEDs, body kits, wings, tow hook attachments, wheel rims (most aftermarket name brands are DOT approved, keeping stock wheel diameter for accurate speed - eg. 16" 205-65-16=18" 215-45-18).

initial legal consul advice is under $200

Last edited by Carguru; 03-14-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add/spelling
Carguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #2579
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
probably not, his IG is back to public view after making it private for the longest time.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #2580
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I believe there was a member on here that managed to get his VI thrown out a few years ago
Old 03-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #2581
I am Hook'd on RS

Mufflers - From the tip to the canister has to be the same diameter. Under 3" and not widen at the tips. Aftermarket mufflers with some baffles are always louder than stock, but they can be under 83 decibels 1000,2000,3000 rpms. Any sound meters set "SLOW" on weighing "A" human ears vs "C" setting will be a lot higher.

The "A" weighted sound level discriminates against low frequencies, in a manner similar to the response of the ear. In this setting, the meter primarily measures in the 500 to 10,000 Hz range.

C Weighting is usually used for Peak measurements and also in some entertainment noise measurement, where the transmission of bass noise can be a problem

Last edited by Carguru; 03-14-2019 at 08:49 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #2582
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
99% of cars on the road have a tip larger than the actual exhaust tubing size.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:25 AM   #2583
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguru View Post
Mufflers - From the tip to the canister has to be the same diameter. Under 3" and not widen at the tips. Aftermarket mufflers with some baffles are always louder than stock, but they can be under 83 decibels 1000,2000,3000 rpms. Any sound meters set "SLOW" on weighing "A" human ears vs "C" setting will be a lot higher.
I haven't looked too carefully into the muffler- / exhaust-related sections of the MVA yet, but here is what a short section of it says:
Quote:
Section 7.03(4) -- Muffler - Alteration prohibited
No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler the exhaust outlet of which has been opened or widened.

Section 7.03(5) -- Noise increase or flames prohibited
No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler or exhaust system to which is attached any device which increases the noise of the expulsion of the gases from the engine or allows a flame to be emitted from the exhaust system.
I find the wording of these two sections to be rather vague and open to "interpretations" -- perhaps this is done intentionally so to allow some "flexibility" when the MVA is enforced.

If Carguru can point me to the sections where there is supporting evidence of "From the tip to the canister has to be the same diameter. Under 3"", I would greatly appreicate it.

Last edited by Traum; 03-14-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2019, 10:29 AM   #2584
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I take this as the ACTUAL muffler itself. Not the pipe after the muffler. Basically the way I read that is you can't cut the end off the muffler and put a larger pipe on it but if you had a 3" exit and made it grow to a 4" tailpipe, via pipe size increase that would be legal?

Muffler and Exhaust system are completely different.

Berz out.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM   #2585
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I take this as the ACTUAL muffler itself. Not the pipe after the muffler. Basically the way I read that is you can't cut the end off the muffler and put a larger pipe on it but if you had a 3" exit and made it grow to a 4" tailpipe, via pipe size increase that would be legal?

Muffler and Exhaust system are completely different.

Berz out.
If the LEO can put his foot into it... 4" is way too large, but the pipe exiting the muffler & tip should be the same size. Closest to the OEM size pipe. The larger openings of some vehicles is just a cosmetic piece, which covers the pipe inside it. 3" is already pushing it. The key word is widened Also a larger opening compared to stock would draw attention

Last edited by Carguru; 03-14-2019 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #2586
I am Hook'd on RS

There is specific laws and guidelines regarding the use of after market exhaust systems. The laws are as follows.
Mufflers
The following are the laws for exhaust systems for B.C.:
Section 7.03 (1) of the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act Regulations indicates that a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler consisting of a series of pipes or chambers which ensures that the exhaust gases from the engine are cooled and expelled without excessive noise.
Cut-outs prohibited
(2) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine when the muffler with which the vehicle is equipped is cut out or disconnected from the engine.
Part removal prohibited
(3) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler from which has been removed any baffle plate or other part.
Alteration prohibited
(4) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler the exhaust outlet of which has been opened or widened.
Noise increase or flames prohibited
(5) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler or exhaust system to which is attached any device which increases the noise of the expulsion of the gases from the engine or allows a flame to be emitted from the exhaust system.
Failure to comply with Unnecessary Noise, the excessive noise from exhausts systems, contrary to Section 7A.01 of the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations will result in a fine of $109.

Standards for the Approval of a Motor Vehicle
Vehicle noise
Section 27 of Standards for the Approval of a Motor Vehicle indicates that a motor vehicle shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler which complies with section 7.03 of the regulations.
The opinion of an inspector as to whether the engine and exhaust noise is greater than that made by other vehicles in good condition of comparable size, horsepower, piston displacement or compression ratio shall determine whether exhaust gases are expelled with excessive noise.
When tested in an inspection station, the vehicle engine, any auxiliary engine and exhaust level shall not exceed Table 3 standards.

Table 3

Class of Vehicle Maximum Allowable Sound Pressure Level DBA

Light duty 83

Gasoline-driven heavy duty 88

Motorcycles 91

Diesel-driven heavy duty 93
Old 03-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #2587
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
There is specific laws and guidelines regarding the use of after market exhaust systems. The laws are as follows.
Mufflers
The following are the laws for exhaust systems for B.C.:
Section 7.03 (1) of the B.C. Motor Vehicle Act Regulations indicates that a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler consisting of a series of pipes or chambers which ensures that the exhaust gases from the engine are cooled and expelled without excessive noise.
Cut-outs prohibited
(2) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine when the muffler with which the vehicle is equipped is cut out or disconnected from the engine.
Part removal prohibited
(3) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler from which has been removed any baffle plate or other part.
Alteration prohibited
(4) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler the exhaust outlet of which has been opened or widened.
Noise increase or flames prohibited
(5) No person shall drive or operate a motor vehicle propelled by an internal combustion engine equipped with a muffler or exhaust system to which is attached any device which increases the noise of the expulsion of the gases from the engine or allows a flame to be emitted from the exhaust system.
Failure to comply with Unnecessary Noise, the excessive noise from exhausts systems, contrary to Section 7A.01 of the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations will result in a fine of $109.

Standards for the Approval of a Motor Vehicle
Vehicle noise
Section 27 of Standards for the Approval of a Motor Vehicle indicates that a motor vehicle shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler which complies with section 7.03 of the regulations.
The opinion of an inspector as to whether the engine and exhaust noise is greater than that made by other vehicles in good condition of comparable size, horsepower, piston displacement or compression ratio shall determine whether exhaust gases are expelled with excessive noise.
When tested in an inspection station, the vehicle engine, any auxiliary engine and exhaust level shall not exceed Table 3 standards.

Table 3

Class of Vehicle Maximum Allowable Sound Pressure Level DBA

Light duty 83

Gasoline-driven heavy duty 88

Motorcycles 91

Diesel-driven heavy duty 93
Right but when you buy an aftermarket exhaust, and install it, you aren't widening anything. It's installed as it was made.

The wording needs to be more specific.

Also, #5 would ban a lot of the newer exotics, as they all shoot visible blue flame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #2588
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/driv...icketed-police

An article or news about this whole vi situation

Last edited by Whatheshrek; 03-14-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Whatheshrek is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 PM   #2589
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
Right but when you buy an aftermarket exhaust, and install it, you aren't widening anything. It's installed as it was made.

The wording needs to be more specific.

Also, #5 would ban a lot of the newer exotics, as they all shoot visible blue flame.

oversized muffler = "widened muffler"
It would be pretty hard to argue and claim you didn't know better.
buyer beware

Last edited by Carguru; 03-14-2019 at 04:32 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-14-2019, 05:26 PM   #2590
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatheshrek View Post

Damn... Just too bad this article is poorly written... "Drivers of modified cars..."
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #2591
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,535 Times in 1,154 Posts
"** • an hour ago
I am totally in favour of these idiots being targeted! 100%
"minding my own business"... no, your ridiculous and dangerous driving habits, including that hyper loud exhaust system, is very much my business, prick. If i was in charge, you'd be locked up."

Daily hive commenters...
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #2592
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
Damn... Just too bad this article is poorly written... "Drivers of modified cars..."
Even though I do know some good DailyHive journalists, it's hard to trust DailyHive to write a moderately competent article, especially when you reach out to them on Facebook. They probably put the newest guy on managing social media.

Also it doesn't help that it was people of VCC who reached out to them and I am very doubtful of that group's ability to give factual, objective information of the current situation. I'm biased, but I think the members on Revscene are much more capable of organizing an effective effort to make a change, while being considerate of various non-enthusiast stakeholder perspectives.

That DailyHive article took less than a week to produce. The CTV article has been a work in progress since October.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #2593

Why is anyone surprised @ the comments. I literally said this would happen 100 pages ago. You won't find sympathy.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #2594
PM me for my nudes

Quote:
oversized muffler = "widened muffler"
buyer beware
looks like someone needs to take english class again.
Quote:
Quote:
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM   #2595
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
"It looks like someone needs to retake English class, once again"
Old 03-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #2596
PM me for my nudes

Quote:
=

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2019, 10:05 PM   #2597
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Who are you?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:44 AM   #2598
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatheshrek View Post

I'm more concerned about it leaving out a lot of the finer points.

All this article really sounds like is it a bunch of street racers whining that police is targeting their loud exhausts. No shit no one's going to give their sympathies.

Logan Cote, who I assume is dukake, is a pretty poor representative for this case. One look at his car, and no one's going to give him sympathy. And most likely, his car did deserve a VI. His mods were more on the extreme side.

There was no mention about unmodified cars being VI'ed or cars with light modifications that complied with the MVA and/or CVSE ended up passing the VI.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2019, 07:48 AM   #2599

Told you guys this would happen.

No one got their facts straight, their story straight, got organized, and found a good representative to tell the story correctly. Now you have a bunch of of people getting reminded of the time a rice rocket waking them up at 2am. Just look at the comments.

"wish more police departments would enforce the loud aftermarket exhaust. Those drivers deserve tickets and the cars shouldn't be on the road."

Hate to say it, but I called this shit from 1000 miles away. Page 63, post : #1552

I fucking told ya.

Last edited by trollface; 03-15-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:23 AM   #2600
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Told you guys this would happen.

No one got their facts straight, their story straight, got organized, and found a good representative to tell the story correctly. Now you have a bunch of of people getting reminded of the time a rice rocket waking them up at 2am. Just look at the comments.
Read my fucking post. Those who reached out to DailyHive are not members of RS nor on my team that has been organizing this as of October. We've been developing a story with CTV since October, these guys at DailyHive created an article in the span of less than a week.

Did we get the facts straight, got organized, and found a good representative? Yes. Remember, DailyHive "journalists" aren't real journalists. Just look at the quality of work between the two.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote