REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-05-2019, 12:12 PM   #2426
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi7ch View Post
DDE just got pulled over on the Burrard street bridge by an undercover VPD. Curious if any VI's were handed out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Could be for distracted driving. In his last video he is driving a manual lambo with one hand because his other hand is holding a camera.

Advertisement
Old 03-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #2427
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quick and boring administrative update -- received the following acknowledgement from the Vancouver Police Board:

Quote:
RE: Service & Policy Complaint #2019-004 (XXXXX); OPCC File #2019-15985

This letter acknowledges receipt of your Service & Policy Complaint regarding member training on the Motor Vehicle Act and the Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement Vehicle Safety and Inspection Standards.

The Vancouver Police Board will now formally consider this complaint at the June 13th meeting of its Service and Policy Complaints Review Committee. The meeting will immediately follow the Board’s regular meeting, which will beheld at the Jewish Community Centre, starting at 1:00 pm at 950 West 41st Ave. Both meetings are open to the public and are live-webcast on the Board’s website: www.vancouverpoliceboard.ca .

The agendas and papers for both meetings will also be available online from Tuesday, June 11th 2019. I will advise you in writing of the action taken by the Committee with respect to this complaint.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns about this matter or the process that the Vancouver Police Board uses in its oversight of Service and Policy complaints, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,

Patti Marfleet, Executive Director
I will try to take some time off from work to attend this.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #2428
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
Good, I've been saying that this has to blow and become bad press for changes to happen. Maybe the Vancouver auto show will help if they vi everyone there.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #2429
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I'd suggest everyone who can attend to go. The more people they have in attendance the more inclined they will be to take it seriously...

Just maybe carpool in someones van or something, avoid the headache.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #2430

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
I'd be down for a rs city meeting meet. But I will drive a none vi able car
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #2431
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
DDE lucky af today. No VI but 6 vehicles = 6 speeding tickets

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #2432
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,189 Times in 362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
I'd be down for a rs city meeting meet. But I will drive a none vi able car
Take one of Modo's Abarths or FRS ..... would be really funny if that got a VI
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #2433
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
did he just liked his own posts?

kinda dick move for VPD to pull half a dozen vehicles mid-span during peak hours though
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 08:36 PM   #2434
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Who knew a Hummer H1 was capable of getting a speeding ticket LOL!
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:09 PM   #2435
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

FWIW just got a ticket for no front plate by richmond RCMP at a roadblock. Haven't had it on in 3 years and cops never seemed to care.

He was going around with a flashlight around my whole car, and took like 10 minutes in his car writing me up. Really thought I was getting a VI so maybe I got off a bit easy. Thought RCMP didn't care about this kind of stuff. Guess front plate will be going back on..

btw anyone know how many points it is? 3.011(a). Been goggling for a while now and still can't find the points. Seen the section in the mva and everything but not how many points.
clevernickname is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #2436
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevernickname View Post
FWIW just got a ticket for no front plate by richmond RCMP at a roadblock. Haven't had it on in 3 years and cops never seemed to care.

He was going around with a flashlight around my whole car, and took like 10 minutes in his car writing me up. Really thought I was getting a VI so maybe I got off a bit easy. Thought RCMP didn't care about this kind of stuff. Guess front plate will be going back on..

btw anyone know how many points it is? 3.011(a). Been goggling for a while now and still can't find the points. Seen the section in the mva and everything but not how many points.
It’s zero points. Dispute the ticket anyway.
yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:02 AM   #2437

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
DDE lucky af today. No VI but 6 vehicles = 6 speeding tickets

The officer on the right is named Fransisco or something dumb like that. Stopped me at the end of the viaduct heading eastbound for no front plate in my Evora. Realized he couldn’t give me a ticket and i was on my way.

Nevertheless, these DDE guys are just obnoxious and annoying to be around in person. I had the pleasure of having some conversation with a few at LSW last year. It’s like a 17 year old brain stuck in a 45 year old mans body that’s found a co signer with good credit.

You are all in a convoy of loud supercars, in a city that hates supercars, with an obnoxious wrap, huge wing, being obnoxious, on a bridge where someone was killed in an Audi R8, and you are suprised you are getting a speeding ticket and are mad the officer used visual estimation to assess your speed, which by law he is allowed to do. Any reasonable adult would have a sense of self accountability, and just take the ticket like a man. Instead it goes online as an act of police misconduct that should be investigated by the IIO.

If you can’t figure out why you got a ticket, just kill yourself.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:08 AM   #2438
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
The officer on the right is named Fransisco or something dumb like that. Stopped me at the end of the viaduct heading eastbound for no front plate in my Evora. Realized he couldn’t give me a ticket and i was on my way.

Nevertheless, these DDE guys are just obnoxious and annoying to be around in person. I had the pleasure of having some conversation with a few at LSW last year. It’s like a 17 year old brain stuck in a 45 year old mans body that’s found a co signer with good credit.

You are all in a convoy of loud supercars, in a city that hates supercars, with an obnoxious wrap, huge wing, being obnoxious, on a bridge where someone was killed in an Audi R8, and you are suprised you are getting a speeding ticket and are mad the officer used visual estimation to assess your speed, which by law he is allowed to do. Any reasonable adult would have a sense of self accountability, and just take the ticket like a man. Instead it goes online as an act of police misconduct that should be investigated by the IIO.

If you can’t figure out why you got a ticket, just kill yourself.
kill “yourself”. You mean, suicide, or you? Lol.

I’ve never seen their “show”? Is it a show? Anyhow the more drama the better for their product.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 AM   #2439
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
It's a youtube channel and you can follow their ongoing antics and drama. They don't claim to be car experts so don't expect to learn much.

They figured out a formula to make money and have fun owning sports cars and exotics. It is pure entertainment and the more drama (police involvement, donuts, revving) the better. Their top video is Beverly Hills PD abusing power and is at 13 million views. Between youtube advertising, sponsored advertising, selling branded products, and monthly pay for exclusive content they are doing very well.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 07:08 AM   #2440

I get an officer who talks to me like i'm a fkn moron for not having a front plate, basically daring me to talk back and staring me down. Meanwhile this guy is able to take a selfie with them?!
Old 03-06-2019, 07:24 AM   #2441

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevernickname View Post
I get an officer who talks to me like i'm a fkn moron for not having a front plate, basically daring me to talk back and staring me down. Meanwhile this guy is able to take a selfie with them?!
But i think if car registered in BC you are obliged to have one. I remember my friend got a ticket for not properly mounted the front plate (it was under the windshield)
nexusxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #2442

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
kill “yourself”. You mean, suicide, or you? Lol.

I’ve never seen their “show”? Is it a show? Anyhow the more drama the better for their product.
Kill me, kill themselves, I don’t care as long as I don’t hear about them anymore.

It’s not drama at all. It’s a couple if useless traffic cops doing their jobs and a bunch of grown children playing victim.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #2443
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusxv View Post
I remember my friend got a ticket for not properly mounted the front plate (it was under the windshield)
I'm glad he did. That's the one ticket that does some civil justice. In case you didn't know, in an accident, it's dangerous to place the plate on the inside of your car. It's also why CDs around your rear view is dangerous (aside from visibility) - it becomes a flying projectile.

For that matter, even a passenger w/o a seatbelt is dangerous.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #2444
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusxv View Post
But i think if car registered in BC you are obliged to have one. I remember my friend got a ticket for not properly mounted the front plate (it was under the windshield)
I agree that a fine should be placed for people who don't put a front plate on, as it is clearly stated in the MVA (3.011). However, I think it is stupid for cops to ticket someone who places their plates on the side or not dead center.

regarding those DDE folks, I spotted them driving down Kits area after dinner reving at every stop light and gunning it on 4th. These guys are lucky they haven't had their cars impounded yet. DDE loves the cops attention though, it's how they make money off their youtube with clickbait titles/images.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #2445
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Don't have front plate : Check
Get pulled over for no front plate : Activated

Proceed to complain on internet : Boosters at 100%
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2019, 10:21 AM   #2446
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberR17 View Post
Who knew a Hummer H1 was capable of getting a speeding ticket LOL!
Ya there's no way that 6.5 is doing any speeding without a long stretch of road with the peddle to the floor.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #2447
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
They figured out a formula to make money and have fun owning sports cars and exotics.
It's pretty easy these days to make money via ad revenue if you have zero self respect.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #2448
GS8

Thanked 7,281 Times in 1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's pretty easy these days to make money via ad revenue if you have zero self respect.
Tons of crap on youtube which ironically becomes addicting (like sugar & crack) for so many people. I find a lot of these car channels aren't even focused on the cars anymore but rather the spastic cringey personas in front of the camera. Deluded narcissists who think the world owes them something because they have a 'large following'.

Sorry, but when most of your following aren't even old enough to drive, let alone understand what traffic laws are, no one owes you anything.

Crooked cops, my ass. When you post videos of yourself acting like a dense cabbage behind the wheel, expect the cops to watch you with eagle eyes.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:50 PM   #2449

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Don't have front plate : Check
Get pulled over for no front plate : Activated

Proceed to complain on internet : Boosters at 100%
Hmm don't think I really complained. Didn't even talk about disputing or anything.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2019, 02:02 PM   #2450
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
just kill yourself.
Yikes that escalated quickly.
mikasaur is offline   Reply With Quote