REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-03-2021, 07:59 AM   #4751
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Really. Wow.
Advertisement
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:12 AM   #4752
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,207 Times in 2,420 Posts
How the hell is that even legal? Driveway is private property, whose to say the owner parked it and was going to fix the VI issues the next day?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:13 AM   #4753
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
I saw Cain pull over another white FRS the other day on Kingsway/Fraser. Looked like it had an exhaust but it wasn't very loud, quieter than some BMW M Performance exhausts.

I WAnder what's the story with this most recent one? Do the police have jurisdiction to issue VI's to cars parked on private property that aren't even being driven?
Old 02-03-2021, 08:57 AM   #4754
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
I saw Cain pull over another white FRS the other day on Kingsway/Fraser. Looked like it had an exhaust but it wasn't very loud, quieter than some BMW M Performance exhausts.

I WAnder what's the story with this most recent one? Do the police have jurisdiction to issue VI's to cars parked on private property that aren't even being driven?
The story on FB is that the neighbour made a noise complaint on this car.
Owner was woken up at 7 am by his dad saying the PoPo was there looking for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 09:01 AM   #4755
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^Neighbours narc'd him out. Police were attending a noise compliant, and have right to enter premise to attend the situation. Although I don't know if I agree or disagree the car owner had to be obligated to start his car in private premise.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 09:09 AM   #4756
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ exactly, noise complaints can be filed and the ticket that was given was for non-compliant. The box 1 was issues for aftermarket exhaust and clear sidemarkers (Which we know is illegal).

Let's look at some facts here, his exhaust setup consists of Catless UEL headers, Invidia overpipe, Invidia catless frontpipe, Invidia R400 catback.

That has got to be pretty loud, and living next to that wouldn't be the most fun. Now we don't know when he goes out/home so let's not comment on that but having a loud neighbour in the middle of the day still sucks.

Edit: if you read the thread on FB, dad answered the door and called his son (owner of the vehicle) by this description he was let in.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #4757
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,115 Times in 422 Posts

Owner clarifying things

2000 Honda Civic SiR Vogue Silver Metallic [EM1]
2001 Infiniti QX4 Tuscan Beige Metallic[R50]
Scoots
01' Honda Dio 50cc [AF27]

01' Honda Dio 72cc Big Bore [AF27]
89' Honda Elite R 49cc [SE50]
TopsyCrett is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #4758
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Just reading that exhaust setup hurts my ears.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:49 AM   #4759
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,082 Times in 561 Posts
i mean on one hand i get it... he got the book thrown at him since he re-modified his car after the initial box 2

but then again.....
That’s BS.

What if you just swapped on your exhaust there to showcase to your friends, and you want to uninstall it later? As farfetched as that sounds, if there’s no hard evidence, don’t think a VI is valid

or

maybe i was going to just park it ... isnt it my freedom to just plate it but not drive it

can't ticket for future offense

i think its one thing to stake out at his house and pull him over the moment he pulls out.... ita another to knock on his door and perform the said above on his private driveway

im no lawyer... but i dont think thats how innocent until proven guilty works....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier

Last edited by dark0821; 02-03-2021 at 10:58 AM.
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #4760
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I understand that there was an open noise complaint, but I agree with the sentiment of the reasonable doubt that the offending components may be coming off. It sets a bit of a dangerous precedent that VPD can now go all Minority Report on cars on private property.

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 02-03-2021 at 12:14 PM.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #4761

Don't these assholes have better things to do like patrol Strathcona park for all the illegal activities there? Redirect VPD resources to more important issues than fucking loud exhaust ffs.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #4762
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,932 Times in 3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
i think its one thing to stake out at his house and pull him over the moment he pulls out.... ita another to knock on his door and perform the said above on his private driveway

im no lawyer... but i dont think thats how innocent until proven guilty works....
When someone has called in a noise complaint that's a bit different though. Especially during COVID when people aren't driving much it seems massively inefficient to have someone sit there waiting for the guy for days or weeks when you can just go knock on the door and ask his dad.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:41 PM   #4763
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,734 Times in 899 Posts
What if the car is in the garage? Do you have to let them in?
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:44 PM   #4764

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
What if the car is in the garage? Do you have to let them in?
Nope, they would need a warrant to go into your place. But if you let them in without one, then they have the power.

Just like roadside checks. technically they can't search your car for drugs without a warrant unless they have probable cause. No fishing expeditions.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 02-03-2021, 01:41 PM   #4765
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Nope, they would need a warrant to go into your place. But if you let them in without one, then they have the power.

Just like roadside checks. technically they can't search your car for drugs without a warrant unless they have probable cause. No fishing expeditions.
I've been through some road checks before and they always stick their head right up and sometimes in the window to take a quick sniff.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 02:46 PM   #4766

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
I've been through some road checks before and they always stick their head right up and sometimes in the window to take a quick sniff.
Yup, if they can smell it then that supposedly gives them the power to search your car or do road side screening to make sure you are not under the influence.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 02-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #4767
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
This is honestly sad. I understand his exhaust may be extremely loud just by seeing the mods but as far as knocking on his door to respond to the noise complaint at 7am, entering his house and issuing him a ticket, when he was not driving the car that day... It seems this reporting system can just be abused...

Like maybe I can start blindly reporting that undriven 68 Charger that lives a block away from me for noise... Maybe they'll get annoyed enough and finally sell me the car lol.

Last edited by prelude_prince; 02-03-2021 at 05:14 PM.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 05:26 PM   #4768
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Don't these assholes have better things to do like patrol Strathcona park for all the illegal activities there? Redirect VPD resources to more important issues than fucking loud exhaust ffs.
Normally I'd be like "traffic cops gotta traffic" but seriously. The amount of people I see on cell phones every single day, the amount of drunk drivers I see coming home from work on weekends, the people weaving in and out of traffic, passing dead stopped traffic at 80km/h in the bus lane during rush hour on Georgia, etc. What the fuck is this city that is apparently eleventy trillion dollars over budget "cause of Covid" doing with their fucking police budget if this is the way they are spending it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 06:26 PM   #4769

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude_prince View Post
This is honestly sad. I understand his exhaust may be extremely loud just by seeing the mods but as far as knocking on his door to respond to the noise complaint at 7am, entering his house and issuing him a ticket, when he was not driving the car that day... It seems this reporting system can just be abused...

Like maybe I can start blindly reporting that undriven 68 Charger that lives a block away from me for noise... Maybe they'll get annoyed enough and finally sell me the car lol.
Exactly, the issue isnt if the FRS deserves a VI... I think we all know the answer to that... a catless invidia exhaust all the way from the headers down... yea.. I think we all know how loud that is...invidia is totally the brand that is known for quiet exhausts, am i right?

The issue is... this sets a rather slippery slope of the precedence where...

VPD doesnt have to catch you in the act, dont have to prove anything with hard evidence. And don't have to wait until you are on a public road apparantly...

All they need is a complaint, and there... charged and guilty.

Like Prelude said above ^, the system can totally be abused if there arn't any checks and balances, does the VPD even go to the neighbor first and see if there are any substaintial proof?

WHAT IF... and I am saying... WHAT IF there is a car very much that looks like your neighbor's car (but it isn't) that lives half a block down from you. You get woken up everyday and you look out the window and be like.. FUCK NEIGHBOR A and his car, I am gonna call the cops and fucking get his car off the road. When in fact it was neighbor B that lives 10 houses down from you is the car that you are after. (Yes, chances are slim, but you know what else? The average guy that cant tell a white civic, from a white corolla, from a white elantra while standing by their window in their house)

The cops shows up at neighbor A's door, says we have a complaint that your car is not compliant, here is your ticket and VI, doesnt matter if your car is not the same car. We have a description here saying it is your car driving on this road yesterday at this time, and your car was nosiy af.

No, you dont have to start your car now.

No, we wont need to do a decible test.

You are now being given a VI with no recourse. It is now your responsibility to pay out of your pocket to prove your car is compliant.

Have a nice day.

See how that sounds? Does this sound like Canada to you?

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:10 PM   #4770
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Can we just report some big wig with exotics for loud noise and get them VI'd. They'll have the cash to fight Cain
ButterFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 08:23 PM   #4771
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFingers View Post
Can we just report some big wig with exotics for loud noise and get them VI'd. They'll have the cash to fight Cain
...Or just keep filing those noise complaints to his house... just sayin'
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #4772
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
Exactly, the issue isnt if the FRS deserves a VI... I think we all know the answer to that... a catless invidia exhaust all the way from the headers down... yea.. I think we all know how loud that is...invidia is totally the brand that is known for quiet exhausts, am i right?

The issue is... this sets a rather slippery slope of the precedence where...

VPD doesnt have to catch you in the act, dont have to prove anything with hard evidence. And don't have to wait until you are on a public road apparantly...

All they need is a complaint, and there... charged and guilty.

Like Prelude said above ^, the system can totally be abused if there arn't any checks and balances, does the VPD even go to the neighbor first and see if there are any substaintial proof?

WHAT IF... and I am saying... WHAT IF there is a car very much that looks like your neighbor's car (but it isn't) that lives half a block down from you. You get woken up everyday and you look out the window and be like.. FUCK NEIGHBOR A and his car, I am gonna call the cops and fucking get his car off the road. When in fact it was neighbor B that lives 10 houses down from you is the car that you are after. (Yes, chances are slim, but you know what else? The average guy that cant tell a white civic, from a white corolla, from a white elantra while standing by their window in their house)

The cops shows up at neighbor A's door, says we have a complaint that your car is not compliant, here is your ticket and VI, doesnt matter if your car is not the same car. We have a description here saying it is your car driving on this road yesterday at this time, and your car was nosiy af.

No, you dont have to start your car now.

No, we wont need to do a decible test.

You are now being given a VI with no recourse. It is now your responsibility to pay out of your pocket to prove your car is compliant.

Have a nice day.

See how that sounds? Does this sound like Canada to you?
So, you're all assuming the kid who still lives with daddy but spent all his (or daddys) money on making his car louder for..literally no reason other than to make it louder to make sure people look at him...isn't lying or exaggerating?

And you admit "we all know how loud that car is" but are still crying "cops don't know how loud that car is"?

This went from "don't VI stock cars" to "well maybe the guy installed the invidia exhaust that actually makes it quieter than stock and we should do a db test"? I guess it didn't occur to you that they might've seen the mods, or the neighbors have their own evidence, or the idiot kid even admitted all his mods?

Nah lets believe that he's 100% innocent cause I read it on the internet and it fits my narrative.
mikasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:38 PM   #4773
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^^ I don’t think anyone is having sympathy for the FRS kid. The point is the potential abuse of power with no recourse.

What if the cop picks on you and issues VI every month because you or your car rubs him the wrong way?
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2021, 10:43 PM   #4774
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

There are just so many unknown factors here. If a police officer ran the history of the driver/vehicle, will it come up with noise complaints, poor driving, impaired driving, collisions, drug trafficking, etc. Officers are more likely to be aggressive on people that probably should not be on the road or are repeat offenders. Has the driver previously been warned, given boxes, tickets, but still chose to ignore it. Is the vehicle that unbearable, police are genuinely receiving many complaints?

I get that sometimes good drivers aren't lucky enough to get a break, but you always have bad drivers with rep sheets screaming they are the victim and police are the bad guys.
forcedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:44 PM   #4775

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikasaur View Post
So, you're all assuming the kid who still lives with daddy but spent all his (or daddys) money on making his car louder for..literally no reason other than to make it louder to make sure people look at him...isn't lying or exaggerating?

And you admit "we all know how loud that car is" but are still crying "cops don't know how loud that car is"?

This went from "don't VI stock cars" to "well maybe the guy installed the invidia exhaust that actually makes it quieter than stock and we should do a db test"? I guess it didn't occur to you that they might've seen the mods, or the neighbors have their own evidence, or the idiot kid even admitted all his mods?

Nah lets believe that he's 100% innocent cause I read it on the internet and it fits my narrative.
I assume you are trolling here, but what the heck, I will entertain you lol.

No one has a problem with his FRS getting a VI, a catless exahust is illegal in BC, clear markers are illegal in BC, so a VI is warranted 100% of the time.

This is exactly why I didnt name any names in general, I am addressing VPD as a whole.

Like I mentioned in my original post and my subsequent post. It is one thing to pull over the individual when his car reaches the public road. It is something very different issuing it on a private premise.

My examples are extreme and far fetched, but not illegal.

The scenario of modifying your car on your premise just to impress your friends or purely for your own amusement, and de-modifying it before you hit the road again to be road compliant is 100% legal.

Based on the description, our assumption is that the FRS is loud af, but that's just it. It is our assumption, our assumption dont hold any consequences. But assumptions by the VPD or any public servant do have direct consequences.

Do you want the police to charge you with murder based on assumption because your neighbor saw you with a gun after he heard gun shots? Or do you want them to charge you because they found bullet casing that are matched to your gun beside the victim?

We are not here to argue if the FRS VI is valid. We are here to argue

1) if VPD should start to take action based on assumptions, and not based on hard evidence and facts.

2) If VPD issueing traffic violations on private premise is a good idea. "Traffic Violation" by definition should be targeting cars/users that are in traffic, ie public BC roadways. Hence why you dont see speeding tickets given out on track days. Because it is on a private race track, and not a road way.

In conclusion, I wouldnt have a problem if
1) The VPD waited for the owner to start the car and pull him over once he is on public road way

2) The VPD used a decible meter to test his car (even using the wrong method, but that is another topic).

At least in the above scenario, the VPD will be taking action based on evidence (even if the collection method of the evidence is wrong), and reinforcing traffic violations on public roads, where the space is shared with other road users (ie. in traffic).

And not by a "report" they heard from a neighbor who may NOT be an expert, and just take it as 100% true without any investigation on their end. Kicking the ball to the alleged violator to spend their time/resource/money to prove their innocence.

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD