REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-12-2021, 09:00 PM   #4826
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Seems he loves hanging around East Van and the Knight Street Bridge area.
Saw him tonight around 8pm around Fraser and 26th after he pulled a focus rs over.
Advertisement
Kayci is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2021, 10:31 PM   #4827
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,761 Times in 3,870 Posts
Wasn’t me phew
Old 02-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #4828
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
constable cocksucker and sergeant semen
This made my day
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #4829
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I think DT / Kits / Arbutus area isn't that bad. I drove the shitbox M3 that's slammed to the ground through those areas on Saturday. I was basically asking for a VI. Luckily, I didn't get cain'd LOL
They are always on Granville with speed traps, but that is them doing real work following legitimate processes as far as I know. I have heard about a couple of possible VIs in the area as well. And I have seen members of the traffic unit meeting up at the nearby gas stations.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:25 PM   #4830
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Live in the area of Broadway and Arbutus for the past 10 years. I drive to North Burnaby for work daily and usually take 12th. So far it's been good with no traffic cops during afternoon hours. I once did get pulled over around mt pleasant area in the side streets because I was accused of "speeding" by a traffic cop and he did a random exhaust test and told me to change it because it was too loud. Best thing was he never gave me a ticket or VI. The worse thing was he was smoking a cigarette the whole time during the traffic stop. He literally blew smoke into my face and also have the dash cam footage of him smoking. I was so confused of the whole situation like if he was doing his job or not?
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:07 PM   #4831
I subscribe to Revscene

i got VI a month ago around 3pm at 12th and kingsway. Just be careful guys.

FS: Jordan XX8, GMP Vi, AM1 Atmos Safari, bunch of Supreme stuff
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68857...2Arare%2A.html
daval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:04 AM   #4832
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
be careful even if you live 2 cities away they might come knocking at 7am
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:13 AM   #4833
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daval View Post
i got VI a month ago around 3pm at 12th and kingsway. Just be careful guys.
I see him on Kingsway all the time at around Nanaimo. I've also seen him pull someone over near Victoria and 41st several times and yes, I've seen him using his decibel meter during those times.

I've also seen a VPD truck in front of Metrotown before too with someone pulled over. Don't know if that's Cain or not as it was not an unmarked one.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:12 PM   #4834

Thanked 1,737 Times in 901 Posts
It would be a shame if

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/5-confi...ting-1.5314681
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:32 PM   #4835
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #4836
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,761 Times in 3,870 Posts
Local focus got hit with a VI today by Cain. Base model focus, minimal mods (yes exhaust) driven by mature owner. Apparently didn’t even take out the DB reader, just cited for loud exhaust and given box 2 needing inspection. He’s not happy
Old 02-19-2021, 07:36 AM   #4837

Thanked 3,116 Times in 980 Posts
https://twitter.com/baldguy1363/stat...KiKe3soW9JXcYg
Old 02-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #4838
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
I mean this deserved the VI... this is the type of vehicles that VI should be targeted towards. Bald tires and bad behaviour.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2021, 08:41 AM   #4839
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
lol
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:05 AM   #4840
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
straight pipe exhaust 3 inch exhaust mustang.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:27 PM   #4841
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,242 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
I have zero problems with that, sounds like they are actually doing their job and pulling off a car that shouldn't be on the road.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:48 PM   #4842

Thanked 1,737 Times in 901 Posts
Meanwhile at vpd

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video-s...tion-1.5326200
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #4843
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Got pulled over by Buckingham who was waiting at the Shell gas station on Granville and 41st. This was Feb 11th around 6:30pm. He snuck behind me from the gas station and pulled me over 2 blocks later. Went for my exhaust right away, (STI with catback) and my rear fog lamp, which is always on when headlights are on, car is otherwise stock. He spent 20 minutes on his bike, looking through his book of violations. I wondered what took him so long to give me a VI, but he ended up slapping on 4 violations on top of a Box 2 ($109 per violation). 3 exhaust related and 1 for rear fog lamp. No decibel test. Before he let me drive off, he asks if I had coilovers, car is stock height bro... seems like he was trained to look out for select things but uncertain at the same time

1 - Unnecessary Noise **straight forward**
2 - No/Inadequate Exhaust Muffler **Cat back still retains 2 mufflers and resonator in midpipe**
3 - Prohibited Alteration (Opened/Widened) of muffler exhaust outlet **I measured the actual outlet vs stock outlet, identical except the tips are bigger for cosmetic purposes**

Kinda pissed about the violations because they are points towards my license, because having a louder car means I'm a danger on the road? Went to file dispute at ICBC last week and found out he already cancelled the violation for the rear fog lamp. What are my chances of successful dispute for all 3 exhaust violations if he didnt do db test? Also, he wrote on the VI form that I have to do my inspection at a Subaru dealership. I know VI only affects me re-insuring my car, what if I get it done somewhere else? I've already disabled the lamp and put my stock exhaust on.

Last edited by Synapz; 02-26-2021 at 08:18 PM.
Synapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:14 PM   #4844
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Sorry to see that you got nabbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapz View Post
Went to file dispute at ICBC last week and found out he already cancelled the violation for the rear fog lamp. What are my chances of successful dispute for all 3 exhaust violations if he didnt do db test? Also, he wrote on the VI form that I have to do my inspection at a Subaru dealership. I know VI only affects me re-insuring my car, what if I get it done somewhere else? I've already disabled the lamp and put my stock exhaust on.
I can't comment on your chances of disputing the tickets since I know very little about that process. But the standard answer on which DIF you can get your VI done is -- in theory, you should be able to get the inspection done at any licensed DIF. And assuming that you passed your VI at a non-Subaru dealership, your successful inspection would be good enough to allow you to renew your autoplan insurance -- the computer systems doesn't care where your inspection was done as long as the place is a licensed DIF.

The bit that pisses off every normal person is -- VPD can find out where your inspection was done, and being the a$$holes that they are, if they noticed your inspection wasn't done at a Subaru dealership as they have written, they can always come and get you a 2nd time, and this time the tickets won't be pretty. They'll hit you with a "failure to comply" violation ticket, which I think is in the $600 range. They'll also hit you with a Box 1 VI and take away your plates. I do not know of any successful precedence where where a person was able to fight off the "failure to comply" ticket. (This just means I don't know -- maybe there was someone successfully fighting it off, and it was just that I didn't know about it.) And the Box 1 VI is exactly just that -- there is still no way to fight against the BS VI system and the cops can repeatedly come VI our cars as often as they like. All they need is their subjective "professional opinion" to suspect that a car may not be up to road safety standards, and they can send you to an inspection.

Good luck in your quest to get this BS resolved.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:47 PM   #4845
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,188 Times in 7,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
People should really pay attention to this despicable display of disrespect from members of the VPD. It happens way too fucking often. From punching bicyclists in the face for running a red light, to slamming indigenous youth for peacefully protesting, to this.
Of course not all VPD are bad people, nor are most of them, but they need serious consequences for the officers that act with complete disregard and disrespect for the public, as the trust in them is dwindling to nothing.
Those officers should be fucking fired and dragged over the coals. It's absolutely pathetic, unprofessional and embarrassing for the whole organization.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #4846
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
All they need is their subjective "professional opinion" to suspect that a car may not be up to road safety standards, and they can send you to an inspection.
But they're not professional mechanics by trade. They're using their right to reasonable doubt to unfairly enforce their personal subjectivity over mechanical fact. It would be like me claiming to a chef that my well done steak is undercooked because of my "professional opinion" as someone in the automotive industry because I saw the tiniest bit of red.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:57 AM   #4847

Porsche club: ya using the meter wrong
vpd: guess we won’t use them then
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2021, 09:05 AM   #4848

Thanked 1,194 Times in 483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synapz View Post

1 - Unnecessary Noise **straight forward**
2 - No/Inadequate Exhaust Muffler **Cat back still retains 2 mufflers and resonator in midpipe**
3 - Prohibited Alteration (Opened/Widened) of muffler exhaust outlet **I measured the actual outlet vs stock outlet, identical except the tips are bigger for cosmetic purposes**

From the FB groups, info being relayed is that unnecessary noise is a behaviour type violation, not because you have a bigger louder exhaust and driving normally. The problem lies within your ability to prove to the judge you were driving normally because it's a he said she said.

Inadequate muffler may be due to no catalytic converter... Does your aftermarket one have it?

Haven't seen many people report that they got a ticket for widened tip, but I'm curious if the bylaw pertains to only the inner diameter of the tip and the outer tip doesn't matter.

Get the car passed at any designated facility, but as traum mentioned there are potential consequences for doing that. If you get pulled over again, the result of another VI will be the same where ever you go for inspection cuz vpd has been seen to remove your inspection sticker. Difference would be whether or not they ticket for failure to comply.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:35 PM   #4849

Just spotted a grey S2000, white TE37, big wing on a flatbed, south granville, undercover F150 that looks like Christensen in the drivers seat.
gramser57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:15 PM   #4850

it was cain
This post thanked by: