REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #3026
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Probably means JT will have as long a run as PM as his dad. I'm no fan of JT (he's pretty meh IMO) and am surprised that he's had this much runway. Wonder if any internal Liberals will ever challenge him or if he'll consider stepping down for a break.
When even something as serious and obvious as the SNC Lavalin / JWR and WE scandal couldn't bring him down, it really makes me wonder how much it'll take to oust Trudeau as the Liberal leader...

I am certainly no fan of Trudeau at all, but when you look at the level of idiocy and lack of organization with the Cons, I'd have to say even the NDP and Jagmeet Singh are more deserving to be the official opposition party than the Cons are.

So yeah, like it or not, it looks like we're gonna be seeing JT as our Prime Minister for quite a few more terms to come...
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2022, 10:36 AM   #3027
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
On a different note, Horgan made his first public appearance since undergoing radiation treatment for cancer

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...cer-treatment/

For someone who has completed his round of radiation cancer treatment, I guess I'd have to say he looks good? He almost even looks healthy in the picture here:

https://twitter.com/jjhorgan/status/...7125569527809/

For his own health, however, I think he should really step down and retire. Radiation treatment is no joke for the toll it takes on the body, although I suppose it is still leagues and miles better than chemo.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2022, 10:37 AM   #3028
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Booked my ticket it sept to consider options outside of Canada.

At this point we’re gonna turn into one giant San Francisco real quick
Old 02-02-2022, 10:54 AM   #3029
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
GOD FORBID SAN FRANSISCO!
Glad Horgan is doing well. I don’t think he needs to retire just because he’s had cancer treatment. Plenty of people have to go through this and want to get on with their lives afterwards. He’s already done it once, hopefully he can do it again successfully.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #3030
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
The thing about O'Toole is that he actually did what he should have done ... tried to move the Cons to a more moderate social position and stay fiscally conservative. But it must have been the knuckle dragging cons ...

So who are some of the possible candidates to be next leader? I think Rona Ambrose would be good. Don't like any of the current Con MP's especially Pierre Poilievre. I heard someone suggest Caroline Mulroney go head to head with Justin Trudeau ... wouldn't that be interesting.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2022, 06:57 AM   #3031
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
I heard someone suggest Caroline Mulroney go head to head with Justin Trudeau ... wouldn't that be interesting.

I think we're all sick of political dynasties. Just because your daddy was PM doesn't mean you should be.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2022, 08:10 AM   #3032
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
^ Agreed, I'm even sick of it in sports... like 1 in 100,000 chance a hockey player can make it to the NHL but somehow the whole league is full of the kids of all the players we watched growing up. Makes the whole system seem totally rigged.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2022, 08:19 AM   #3033

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
And in Hollywood. Nepotism runs the world. It’s why the bootstraps argument is a fucking joke. You can work 10x harder and be 10x smarter than the kid of someone powerful and you’ll still end up behind them.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2022, 08:29 AM   #3034
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
And in Hollywood. Nepotism runs the world. It’s why the bootstraps argument is a fucking joke. You can work 10x harder and be 10x smarter than the kid of someone powerful and you’ll still end up behind them.
Reminds me of this comic:

https://www.upworthy.com/a-short-com...-ive-ever-seen

bUttT i WOrKeD hArD fOr tHiS!1!!!1!
Old 02-03-2022, 11:23 AM   #3035
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
thx, i've seen that comic in the past, and was actually trying to look for it, thanks so much for posting!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 11:53 AM   #3036
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ Agreed, I'm even sick of it in sports... like 1 in 100,000 chance a hockey player can make it to the NHL but somehow the whole league is full of the kids of all the players we watched growing up. Makes the whole system seem totally rigged.
Hockey these days takes a lot of money. If your parents don't have money good luck getting to the NHL Unless you are way way better than everyone else.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:41 PM   #3037
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,023 Posts
Quote:
I agree to most things but not hockey. You get recognized quicker in the lower leagues, but you still aren't going to make it into the big league if you aren't good enough.

This isn't F1 where Mazepin gets to buy his way in. And even then Mazepin is probably still better than 100% of RS in terms of driving skill.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:57 PM   #3038
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
I think the lineage in hockey has to do with A) having the money and wherewithal to get a child going at a young age, but B) the former pro also knows what it takes to make it.

A good portion of these former players kids are also top tier players. You don’t become. These top tier players just by having a dad who played
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2022, 01:58 PM   #3039

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Anyone read the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell? It does a fantastic analysis of the positive feedback loops that makes the most successful people successful.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #3040

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I agree to most things but not hockey. You get recognized quicker in the lower leagues, but you still aren't going to make it into the big league if you aren't good enough.

This isn't F1 where Mazepin gets to buy his way in. And even then Mazepin is probably still better than 100% of RS in terms of driving skill.
Many kids who play in leagues like the BCJHL, WHL, and OHL have parents who spent 6 figures to get there. Without that money, some of those players would not be playing in that league.

Having a parent who has played helps. Because they can help get the kid on the right teams with the best coaches.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:39 PM   #3041
Performance Moderator

It definitely helps to have an in.

Look at Mason Marchment... he's tearing it up right no on the Panthers... is he good? Yah he's looking to be a very good diamond in the rough now... but he wasn't even drafted and the Leafs, who just happen to be his dad's old team, gave him a walk on try for years before giving up on him...

How many players were just as good as him if not better, but never got a chance because daddy wasn't in the league/knew people?
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2022, 07:46 PM   #3042

This is the leader of the conservatives now.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:09 AM   #3043
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
No goddamned Americans in fucking Canadian politics. This includes MAGAts
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:02 PM   #3044
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,734 Times in 697 Posts
Just heard Pierre Poilievre is running for PM.

Is this guy legit or is he just a good showman? I can't tell if he actually has a plan or if he's just really good at sh*tting on Trudeau.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:17 PM   #3045

Old 02-07-2022, 07:49 PM   #3046
Performance Moderator

I wouldn't be opposed to an honest effort to bring like... accountability and ethical/moral improvements to the government as a whole... and perhaps a bit more fiscal responsibility / less apologizing for everything (that's not a veiled attack at the native reparations, just apologizing in general for everything always being 'offensive' all the time).... HOWEVER... I hate how all these goofs are just taking that idea and diving off a cliff using catchphrases they literally saw work for people like Trump and using him as a roadmap.

Some of the speeches I've seen some of the Convservative Party candidates gives the last few days, I'm surprised they can remember to even use the phrase "Prime Minister" instead of "President" because they're basically just talking like this is USA and it's almost word for word what morons like Hawley or Cruz would say.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2022, 08:26 PM   #3047
Need to Seek Professional Help

IMO, PP just seems like an attack dog so far. I haven't seen him talk about his own platform or ideas at all, and if he has, it certainly hasn't been publicized as much as his attacks on the Liberals and Trudeau. And from that perspective, it's just more of the same political bullshit theatre. They are more interested in slamming each other than actually working on solutions.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:51 PM   #3048

People made fun of JT for being a teacher. This guy never held a real job. He was elected at the age of 25. He also has a liberal arts degree. This guy is a good talker and that's about it.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #3049
Performance Moderator

Well… I mean…. That meme has said English degree too which is what I have. Should I be made fun of for what I went to school for?
Old 02-07-2022, 09:34 PM   #3050

Quote:
Well… I mean…. That meme has said English degree too which is what I have. Should I be made fun of for what I went to school for?
Cons like to bash people with a liberal arts degree. Now they want to make one PM.