REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #3051
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,393 Times in 5,088 Posts
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings -Optimus Prime (ironically, also a truck)

Freedumb fighters currently taking great leeway with the meaning of the word sentient.
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2022, 10:40 AM   #3052
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Has anyone watched the House of Commons on CPAC before? This is actually the first time I've really tuned into one and holy crap its just a bunch of shouting, cheering, and talking over each other between the the two main parties.

EDIT: Link if anyone wants to tune in, LIVE at the moment.

https://www.cpac.ca/articles/today/20220214

Last edited by TOS'd; 02-14-2022 at 10:52 AM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:27 AM   #3053
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Link if anyone wants to tune in, LIVE at the moment.

They showed the official photos of the members and goddamn, everyone is fucking yassified in their pics.

Despite the best efforts using Kardashian-level technologies, we have elected a LOT of ugly people to government.

No wonder they're so angry. They caught a glimpse of themselves in the mirror.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2022, 12:47 PM   #3054
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
-listening to Turd's speech now.

Canada is providing a 500 million dollar loan to Ukraine.

-also providing "lethal" weapons to the Ukrainian military as a deterrent to Russia.

Hmmm.
Old 02-21-2022, 09:08 PM   #3055
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,896 Posts
Not exactly sure what the point of the exercise today was in ratifying the Emergency Act. I thought it was enacted and used to clear the blockade. Is it necessary anymore to prevent protests like the one in Ottawa in the future or are we somewhat done with this and can rescind it or cancel it now? It seems a bit moot.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 11:53 PM   #3056
Performance Moderator

^ If you watched the process at all, the case was made that the protestors have camped in a farm outside the city to stock up on fuel and supplies and are waiting for the measures to be rescinded so they can move back into the city again.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 12:46 AM   #3057
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^^ there are allegedly multiple (at least 2, possibly 3) known farms/truck stops all just outside of Ottawa where they are making camp.

EDIT: posted this in the other thread

Last edited by TOS'd; 02-22-2022 at 12:59 AM.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 07:34 AM   #3058
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Has anyone watched the House of Commons on CPAC before? This is actually the first time I've really tuned into one and holy crap its just a bunch of shouting, cheering, and talking over each other between the the two main parties.

EDIT: Link if anyone wants to tune in, LIVE at the moment.

Welcome to our parliament, it's always been like that. Yelling, screaming, banging on desks. It's actually really surprising how unprofessional it is.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 08:39 AM   #3059
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,139 Times in 7,148 Posts
It’s disgusting how partisan it is too. The current system leaves it impossible for anything to move forward in Canadian politics. If Libs have a good idea the opposition simply labels it communism, and if the roles were reversed and the cons had a good idea they’d label it fringe politics. The whole system needs to be blown up. It’s a game for a team to win, without any of the publics best interests in mind. It’s a fucking joke.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 08:45 AM   #3060
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Question Period has always been a raucous affair, but debates on legislation have become increasingly partisan over the last few years. Parliamentary privilege allows people to completely fabricate the truth.

It's all about getting soundbites that can be amplified on social for the likes.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #3061
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
I'm still surprised nothing came out of Trudeau calling all the cons basically nazi's and nothing coming out of it. If the tables were turned you know shit would hit the fan.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:10 AM   #3062

They’ve literally been calling him a tyrant dictator over the emergency act this whole time, even though they haven’t done anything absurd with the powers whatsoever. The tables are 100% turned and it’s the exact same shit. Like tapioca said it just gets people cumming their pants over sound bites for social media.
Nobody comes to the table with solutions in parliament anymore. They just come with attacks about how the other parties are pieces of shit and they are some godsend for the people.
There are so many pieces of fucking trash on both sides who should get out of politics asap and get those 6 figure consulting jobs they have waiting for them for passing legislation that makes their party donors more profitable. It’s better for them and better for Canadians. Get the big donations from corporations out of politics or continue to live this bullshit until we die.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by westopher; 02-22-2022 at 10:17 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2022, 10:40 AM   #3063
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
The Cons are just blatantly making stuff up now, big surprise.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/02/...bank-accounts/

There are growing questions over claims made by two Conservative MPs who say the financial accounts of some of their constituents have been frozen for making donations to the trucker convoy.

Chilliwack-Hope MP Mark Strahl wrote on social media Sunday about a person named Briane who he says only made a small donation to an online fundraiser but has now been targeted under the Emergencies Act.

“Briane is a single mom from Chilliwack working a minimum wage job. She gave $50 to the convoy when it was 100% legal. She hasn’t participated in any other way. Her bank account has now been frozen. This is who Justin Trudeau is actually targeting with his Emergencies Act orders,” Strahl said on Twitter.

Marilyn Gladu, the MP for Sarnia-Lambton, responded with a tweet of her own making a similar claim.

However, in a news release Monday, the RCMP said only those who have been actively participating in the protests have had their financial accounts impacted.

“Under the Emergency Economic Measures Order (Emergencies Act), the list that was provided to financial institutions included identities of individuals who were influencers in the illegal protest in Ottawa, and owners and/or drivers of vehicles who did not want to leave the area impacted by the protest,” it wrote Monday.

Stating, “At no time, did we provide a list of donors to Financial Institutions.”

Following his tweet, several people pointed out that a “Briane” is not listed on the leaked document which alleges to show the names of those who donated to a now frozen online fundraiser.

When asked to provide evidence that she exists, Strahl said he was protecting her identity so that she is not harassed online.

CityNews has reached out to Strahl for comment but has not received a response.

As of Monday, the RCMP says, “this effort has culminated in the freezing of 219 financial products; the disclosure of 57 entities; the addresses of 253 Bitcoin shared with virtual currency exchangers; and, the proactive freezing of the account of a payment processor for a value of $3.8M by a financial institution.”

Both the prime minister and the finance minister also questioned the validity of the claims by these MPs.

“The measures we have put in place are designed and focused on ensuring that people in the current illegal occupations leave, that has been the intent and the focus right now. If there are specific cases that Conservative ministers can bring forward to highlight where that is not the case we will happily look at them and resolve them,” Justin Trudeau said.

Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland cautioned against spreading misinformation.

At a time which is very fraught, it’s important for all of us to be very, very careful to get our facts exactly right in each circumstance and I would urge all of us to take that care in every situation,” Freeland said. Adding, “these measures applied only as of the 15th of February, that is when financial support of these illegal blockades and occupations began to be sanctioned,” she said.

“For anyone who is concerned that their accounts may have been frozen because of their participation in these illegal blockades and occupation, the way to get your account unfrozen is to stop being part of the blockade and occupation,” she said.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 12:49 PM   #3064
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
I laughed so hard that he claimed one of his constiuents had their bank frozen over a $50 donation (also noting the person in question was low income, of course, cue the heartstrings).

When asked to provide evidence to that, he simply said no

Welcome to the world of 2021 US conservative politics. Say a lie, propagate that lie online and through rightwing media, provide no proof to substantiate, rinse and repeat.

Truth and reality no longer matters in the internet age.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2022, 01:14 PM   #3065
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
If I were O'Toole right now, I'd be really relieved that I am no longer required to take care of damage control for these idiots.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2022, 11:54 AM   #3066

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Good news!

Independent MPP Randy Hillier not running again

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...-running-again

Quote:
In a lengthy video posted on Facebook, he said it was time to take his battle for freedom and free speech elsewhere after 15 years in the Ontario legislature.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:15 PM   #3067

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Cons shoot themselves in the foot again. Looks like JT has another term.

https://pressprogress.ca/conservativ...s-on-abortion/

Quote:
Conservative MP Calls on Leadership Candidates to Consider ‘Legal Restrictions’ on Abortion

Arnold Viersen circulates petition calling on Conservative leadership candidates to take a position on laws restricting abortions
Old 03-18-2022, 03:19 PM   #3068
Performance Moderator

WHY DO SO MANY OLD MEN FEEL LIKE THEY NEED TO TELL YOUNG WOMEN WHEN TO HAVE BABIES?????
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2022, 03:22 PM   #3069
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
WHY DO SO MANY OLD MEN FEEL LIKE THEY NEED TO TELL YOUNG WOMEN WHEN TO HAVE BABIES?????

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 03:49 PM   #3070
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Cons shoot themselves in the foot again. Looks like JT has another term.

https://pressprogress.ca/conservativ...s-on-abortion/
I'm a con-lib flip flopper and was hoping for a con government recently, but these Neanderthals need to get with the times
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 04:33 PM   #3071

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Between not giving up on abortion and the PPC crazies taking what used to be Conservative votes will the Cons ever win again?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 07:54 PM   #3072
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Between not giving up on abortion and the PPC crazies taking what used to be Conservative votes will the Cons ever win again?
Forget winning, I'd be surprised if the current conservative party stays in tact instead of breaking off into two separate entities with a more progressive con group and a more right way but not quite Maxime Bernier crazy group.

Effectively having 3 parties to choose from.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 08:45 AM   #3073
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,973 Times in 1,896 Posts
^ So back to Preston Manning Reform Party & Conservative days and undo the marriage.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 09:35 AM   #3074

It would add some more real competition for the liberals. The majority of people in Canada are centre/centre left. Cons going further right makes me think they assess their voter group by watching fox news and trucker convoys more than following the actual data.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #3075

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
The more parties the better I say.

I was always worried that Canada was moving more towards the Right/Left (Republican/Democrat) style of viable party politics of the States.

This is bad for everyone if that continued to be the case (we were very much going in that direction pre-Covid).

To see them break apart into multiple parties is a good thing.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: