REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #576
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Instead of giving money to these people that have no financial skills, i.e. a high likelihood of why they're poor, provide them with child services like subsidized daycare, childrens clothing, school meals, early education programs.
And that was my point.
Taking money from higher earners and transferring it to low earners isn't some sort of achievement.
Saying it's "lifted x people out of poverty" is a half baked statement.

I could say people on the dtes are "lifted out of poverty" for one or two days out of the month every last Wednesday.
Doesn't make it sustainable or efficient.
Or completely accurate.
Advertisement
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 09-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:03 PM   #577
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
https://www.660citynews.com/2019/09/...ism-candidate/

Watch the video:

PPC candidate calls on madmax to denounce racists and to stop attacking 16 year old girls. PPC candidate gets the boot. I guess madmax will take support from anyone including racists.

Quote:
COQUITLAM (NEWS 1130) — A People’s Party of Canada candidate has been told he can’t run anymore after calling on the party’s leader to denounce white supremacy.

Coquitlam–Port Coquitlam candidate Brian Misera said he was tired of being called a Nazi. He posted a series of videos on Twitter Sept. 10, calling on the party — and Leader Maxime Bernier — to distance itself from racism. He said he was trying to find out why “there is human garbage in our ranks,” saying it’s not enough to just “expunge racist idiots.”

In a video, he had said the party needed to be clear about how they are different from hate groups, or he would leave.

“I don’t want anything to do with that crap. If you cant be adamantly clear about that, I don’t know how the hell you expect me to campaign for you. You’re putting the onus on me to show that we don’t do this,” he said in a video.

“I mean, you should understand how hard it is to go out and canvas and talk to people. I don’t want to be berated by people who think I’m an actual Nazi.”

The party removed him from its ranks the next day, Misera tells NEWS 1130.

“I woke up this morning and I got an email from PPC headquarters that said ‘we’ve revoked your candidacy status, you’re not allowed to campaign anymore, but we hope that you still support the party.’ That was it, there was no explanation given,” he said.

But he has an idea why he was removed: “I can only assume what it was, which was — I criticized Maxime.”

NEWS 1130 reached out to the PPC at 3:08 p.m. Wednesday requesting comment on his videos. At 3:46 p.m. the same day, Misera was told in an email that he can’t represent the party in the federal election.

Misera has also been critical of the party’s stance on climate change. He says he is “pro-science” and has has never denied climate change is real.

“This wasn’t part of the platform when he founded the party,” he says. “I would much rather, Maxime, that you stop picking fights with 16-year-old girls who want to save the world in order to push your point of view and those who share your point of view, and just instead accept debates with climate scientists.”

The now former-candidate says he’s devastated, as he’s spent nearly a year with the party.

He said the party’s stance on freedom of speech was initially what drew him to it.

Misera says he still supports the party.

A statement sent to the candidate and obtained by NEWS 1130 asked for his continued support:

It is with regret that we inform you that your status as an approved Candidate has been revoked. You will not be allowed to participate further in the electoral process as the PPC Candidate for Coquitlam–Port Coquitlam.

We hope that you will continue to support the People’s Praty of Canada.

Regards,

People’s Party of Canada.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:25 PM   #578
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
And that was my point.
Taking money from higher earners and transferring it to low earners isn't some sort of achievement.
Saying it's "lifted x people out of poverty" is a half baked statement.

I could say people on the dtes are "lifted out of poverty" for one or two days out of the month every last Wednesday.
Doesn't make it sustainable or efficient.
Or completely accurate.
I agree with your point. What would you do, other than giving out money?
Old 09-14-2019, 04:31 AM   #579

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
I agree with your point. What would you do, other than giving out money?
Personally, i don't think it's a government's job to take care of people. I think it's their job to provide an environment favorable for them to take care of themselves.
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2019, 06:57 AM   #580
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Just because the environments there doesn't mean ppl know how to make use of it though.. You've got to lead people by the hand for them to get it sometimes.

Just like kids at school, not everyone can read the textbook and get it, sometimes it needs to be read to them for them to understand, doesn't mean they're stupid, because they can excel once theyve learned, just means they need a hand.

We're never done growing
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #581

Sure. And when I use the term environment I mean basically ways of promoting people to become productive members of society. This can be through training, education, work incentives, a strong economy, etc..
Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. The term can be pretty broad
-Norm Franz
Old 09-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #582
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^
I don’t buy into that threat at all... they wanna live in the USA taxes isn’t what was going to drive them there. If they really cared about that they’d go somewhere with no taxes like Korea or HK or whatever.

If what your saying is true with any sort of prevalence then countries like Norway or denmark would have no affluent people living in them.

I didn't bring up what country people move to. infact, what you said is exactly what they did -- move to flat income tax countries to maximize their wealth.

you 'not buying into that threat' means nothing to the people that have already done so.

as I said, I personally know many people who have done this, specifically stating 'taxes are too high' as their reason to move.

but as you said, it may not be prevalent enough to make a difference (or it may, I don't know the stats) but there is a definite breaking point for most people.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #583

Another day another controversy involving racism for the right. This one involves con candidate Justina McCaffrey. she is besties with faith goldy. faith goldy is an alt right nut job who has been banned from facebook, twitter ect.

Here is the pitch video for the Reality show they wanted to do together.

Justina McCaffrey was suppose to be at an event with scheer today but instead she is running away from reporters. I wonder how long the libs had the video for and I wonder how many more videos they have.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b00d6905998f11
Old 09-15-2019, 01:29 AM   #584

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=sU8ErmZoHcM
Old 09-15-2019, 02:01 AM   #585

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Cancel culture as national political strategy? Yikes.

Listening to the CBC on the day the election was announced was interesting. Heard from most of the major parties. Yet Scheer (don't worry, I wouldn't vote for the little fake con faggot anyways) was heavily criticized for not giving his party message and attacking shithead Trudeau instead. Well his campaign plane was hindered by weather and had to divert, so CBC played his pre flight speech, before the election was officially called, in place of his official campaign speech. Sure enough the left wing reactionary cunts were quick to jump on him while ignoring the facts. Granted the liberal commentator was willing to point out that the Cons were hindered by weather at least. They all discussed the first upcoming debate saying Trudeau would not attend, while an empty podium would sit in his absence, and all I could think was why the fuck Bernier wasn't there in his place, especially since he has candidates is more ridings than the NDP and has raised more $. I don't even agree with Bernier on a lot of issues including climate change and net neutrality, yet I can see how shit the political system is in this country. I remember the old days of Reform party and Stockwell Day riding a seadoo and how biased CBC was against him (I hated him and was very left leaning at the time). You get shit leaders like Trump by ignoring reality. Stop voting for the establishment ( Hillary, Trudeau, Scheer, Jasmeet, Elizabeth, etc.) I really enjoyed hearing BC residents calling into the CBC about what matters to them, because many people were fed up with the system. Even that story about the "racist" op ed in the Province/Sun, the actual public calling into the show, much to the chagrin of the hosts, agreed with the sentiments of the op ed. Ignore what the legacy media tells you to believe. They have a self-preservation agenda.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:23 AM   #586

Would love to vote for a party not full of shit. Honestly, I have voted Reform(Preston Manning), NDP (Layton was god), Liberal (ABC - Anybody But Conservative), and Green (best chance to spoil the Con vote). Give me a reason to vote. Don't pull this bullshit of suppressing votes/parties, I have seen it for 20+ years and I'm not putting up with it anymore. Change the system if you have to.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:27 AM   #587

One caller into the CBC put it best, "I'm done voting strategically in order to get the government the most palatable, it's time to vote how you feel.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #588
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Cancel culture as national political strategy? Yikes.

Listening to the CBC on the day the election was announced was interesting. Heard from most of the major parties. Yet Scheer (don't worry, I wouldn't vote for the little fake con faggot anyways) was heavily criticized for not giving his party message and attacking shithead Trudeau instead. Well his campaign plane was hindered by weather and had to divert, so CBC played his pre flight speech, before the election was officially called, in place of his official campaign speech. Sure enough the left wing reactionary cunts were quick to jump on him while ignoring the facts. Granted the liberal commentator was willing to point out that the Cons were hindered by weather at least. They all discussed the first upcoming debate saying Trudeau would not attend, while an empty podium would sit in his absence, and all I could think was why the fuck Bernier wasn't there in his place, especially since he has candidates is more ridings than the NDP and has raised more $. I don't even agree with Bernier on a lot of issues including climate change and net neutrality, yet I can see how shit the political system is in this country. I remember the old days of Reform party and Stockwell Day riding a seadoo and how biased CBC was against him (I hated him and was very left leaning at the time). You get shit leaders like Trump by ignoring reality. Stop voting for the establishment ( Hillary, Trudeau, Scheer, Jasmeet, Elizabeth, etc.) I really enjoyed hearing BC residents calling into the CBC about what matters to them, because many people were fed up with the system. Even that story about the "racist" op ed in the Province/Sun, the actual public calling into the show, much to the chagrin of the hosts, agreed with the sentiments of the op ed. Ignore what the legacy media tells you to believe. They have a self-preservation agenda.
Was that really necessary?
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
They all discussed the first upcoming debate saying Trudeau would not attend, while an empty podium would sit in his absence, and all I could think was why the fuck Bernier wasn't there in his place, especially since he has candidates is more ridings than the NDP and has raised more $. I don't even agree with Bernier on a lot of issues including climate change and net neutrality, yet I can see how shit the political system is in this country. I remember the old days of Reform party and Stockwell Day riding a seadoo and how biased CBC was against him (I hated him and was very left leaning at the time). You get shit leaders like Trump by ignoring reality. Stop voting for the establishment ( Hillary, Trudeau, Scheer, Jasmeet, Elizabeth, etc.) I really enjoyed hearing BC residents calling into the CBC about what matters to them, because many people were fed up with the system. Even that story about the "racist" op ed in the Province/Sun, the actual public calling into the show, much to the chagrin of the hosts, agreed with the sentiments of the op ed. Ignore what the legacy media tells you to believe. They have a self-preservation agenda.
The debates commission, devised by our liberal government, has had its head, David Johnston, hand picked and paid for to the tune of a $10M grant to his foundation.
https://www.rhf-frh.ca/federal-gift-...nstons-legacy/

I find it funny how one of the stipulations to enter is polling popularity, yet there's almost never a mention of the ppc in survey questions.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #590

I also find it a little farcical that someone who garnered over 49% of conservative party member support, is now completely irrelevant in popularity.

And to those conservatives, or what have you, arguing about splitting the vote; it's only splitting it if you're voting against someone.
I'm prepared to accept another four years of this government so long as i know i voted for someone and not against.

https://business.financialpost.com/o...-conservatives

Quote:
Close to half of the Conservative party members who voted Saturday supported Bernier and his relatively moderate libertarian agenda of less government and lower taxes. The official count, based on the ballot-point system, was Andrew Scheer 17,221 points (50.95 per cent) versus Maxime Bernier 16,578 (49.05 per cent).

That’s close. But if accounts from the frontline are accurate, Bernier would have won the leadership were it not for vote-rigging infiltrators from the farmers’ unions and associated backers of supply management.

One source says that as many as 3,000 points went to Scheer, mostly in Quebec and Ontario, as a result of an organized campaign in which farmers temporarily joined the Conservative party and then cast votes against Bernier.

Bernier didn’t lose the leadership vote; it was stolen from him by a concerted campaign organized by members of Union des producteurs agricoles (UPA) and farmers in Ontario. Via Facebook, Quebec farmers and others were urged to join the Conservative party and vote for Andrew Scheer.

Three Quebec ridings tell the story. One is Beauce, Bernier’s home riding. Right off the bat, in the opening round of the ranked ballot, Scheer collected 46.63 per cent of the points against 47.5 per cent for Bernier. By the end of the final round, Scheer was at 51 per cent versus 48 for Bernier — in a riding where Bernier is a local hero among Conservatives and hardly anyone would even know Scheer’s name.

Or take Saint-Hyacinthe–Bagot, a riding just south of Montreal. Scheer led from the first ballot with 61.4 per cent. Scheer ended the final ballot at almost 76 per cent. Is it a coincidence that Saint-Hyacinthe, Que. is home to a branch of the Institut de technologie agroalimentaire, a provincial agri-food training centre where professors and students would be heavily behind supply management? Also in the riding is an Agriculture Canada research centre, where supply management is embedded policy

In another farm riding — Lévis-Lotbinière — Scheer took 47 per cent on the first ballot against 32 per cent for Bernier. Scheer moved up to 54 per cent in the final ballot.

Again, in places where nobody knew his name, Andrew Scheer won the ballot contests.

Few of these ballot forms would have been filled out by loyal or longstanding Conservatives — or Conservatives of any kind. It is unlikely any have ever voted Conservative in the past. In these three crucial ridings, and others in Quebec, native son Maxime Bernier was defeated by fake Tories, drive-in drive-out party crashers whose sole motive was to defeat Bernier and uphold their supply-management racket.

The farm campaign was reportedly organized by a farmer via Facebook. He attracted thousands of followers and explicitly advised people to join the party and vote for Andrew Scheer.

The president of the UPA — the Quebec farmers union — claimed victory in an interview with Le Soleil. “There aren’t very many of us, agricultural producers, so the fact that we succeeded in mobilizing ourselves to affect the results in Quebec means that the number of Conservative Party members in Quebec is relatively small.”

As William Watson noted in this space yesterday, Bernier scored a major victory for pro-market economics. Even with the farm-vote shenanigans, he still accomplished the impossible. He made libertarianism mainstream in Canada. Is there another country where explicitly free-market ideas received such national attention — or as much support?

Bernier was defeated by fake Conservatives. Real conservatives with free-market objectives can take heart in knowing that they won the Conservative party’s ideological battle.
-Norm Franz
Old 09-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #591

As much as I like to call out a racist this is a bit much. The local con candidate John Hirst who is in his 30's is in trouble for this post.

https://twitter.com/HedyFry/status/1...rmDd_e18esLx9Y
Old 09-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #592
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Not saying that guy's not racist, but that meme is not racist
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #593

Maxime Bernier invited to participate in official commission debates.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/max...tion-1.5285162

and this. LOL!!!

Video:
https://twitter.com/Brucesask/status...with-family%2F

someone is going to get fired.

Last edited by Manic!; 09-16-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #594
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
i dont think that's racist at all to use the meme, but it is pretty damn stupid when you're a politician.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #595

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i dont think that's racist at all to use the meme, but it is pretty damn stupid when you're a politician.
He posted that years ago when he was not a politician. The guy is only 32.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #596
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
He posted that years ago when he was not a politician. The guy is only 32.
When you are running for office, ANYTHING is fair game. Political staffers will deep dive the shit out of the internet to find one morsel of bad publicity in order to negatively portray a member of the opposition. That candidate probably forgot to mention this little tidbit when Conservative party staffers were vetting him.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:07 PM   #597
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
JT in a little bit of trouble .. just leaving this for Manic! and Welfare to sort out.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ghts-1.5289165

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #598
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
The blackface thing, I could care less, he was wearing a costume, it's a non-issue. However, the virtuous left would be ALL OVER SCHEER if the situation was reversed.

Hopefully this stimulates a celebrity boxing match between Trudeau and Jaggy, would love to watch those two throw hands.

Another note - JWRs book is out next week, could be quite the read as the election approaches.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #599
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,856 Times in 890 Posts
Maybe Robert Downey Jr should apologize for Tropic Thunder.

In 2 years time, if your spray tan is too dark, you'll have to apologize too.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbinka View Post
Maybe Robert Downey Jr should apologize for Tropic Thunder.

In 2 years time, if your spray tan is too dark, you'll have to apologize too.
The future is here:
Quote:
‘Where’s Jennifer?': Aniston’s dark skin color on InStyle cover upsets fans
When we asked for south Asian representation in the media this isn’t what we meant,” said one commenter. Others left brief thoughts: “Very brown.” “Blackface.” “I didn’t know she was a person of color.” “That’s a wax figure. Where’s Jennifer?”

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 09-18-2019 at 07:16 PM.
This post thanked by: