REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

jackmeister 02-04-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkgsr (Post 8973294)
Why are Canadian-Chinese people not wanting to leave China to come back to Canada? Is it the risk of expose on route?

A lot of people I've talked to, its not going out from home/hotel to airport that is scary, but the 12hr plane ride with recirculated air that is scary.:heckno:

Not to mention, on those flights that are still coming back through Japan/HK/Korea are a lot of people that are connecting from China.

Traum 02-04-2020 10:53 AM

There are 2 somewhat related issues that are boiling me up in different ways.

The first is China's continual refusal to give Canada a clear pass to evacuate Canadians stuck in Hubei. As far as I know, Global Affairs Canada has arranged for a flight and stand ready to pick those guys up from Hubei, but officially, China is citing some BS excuse of how the Wuhan / Hubei airport and airspace are closed, so our Canadian chartered plane cannot go there to pick the Canadians up. Well... that closure certainly hasn't stopped US, UK, Germany, Japan, etc. from evacuating their citizens...

Of course I have zero proof over this, but I can't help but think that despite being in a time like this, China is still trying to play games with us over the Meng Wenzhou detention and snubbing us.

Another baffling issue is, when these said Canadians are ready to be flown out of Hubei, supposedly they'll be taken to CFB Trenton in Ontario for a 14 day quarantine. That is absolutely the right thing to do, but in the face of that sound policy, our Canadian ports of entry continue to only require self declaration of whether someone has recently been to Wuhan. Right now, the epidemic has already spread so far and wide beyond Wuhan & Hubei. And we continue to keep our borders wide open.
FailFish

If we are gonna quarantine Canadians for 2 weeks when they return from Hubei, why aren't we doing the same to travellers who have been to China in the last 2 weeks?

belka 02-04-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8973330)

If we are gonna quarantine Canadians for 2 weeks when they return from Hubei, why aren't we doing the same to travellers who have been to China in the last 2 weeks?

That would be deemed racist. We have the fucking idiotic drama club running the country, only concerned about feelings and empty platitudes.

Assholes in Toronto gifted us this shitty government only to get the coronovirus in return. Ironically, the same people that voted for these clowns will get infected.

68style 02-04-2020 12:08 PM

^
That be a pretty impressive virus if it knew how to seek out and infect liberal party voters :lol

Rallydrv 02-04-2020 12:45 PM

feel extremely lucky having just (relatively) come back from my trip to Thailand and Japan on the Jan 13th (via Taipei). reading story how some Korean woman picked up the virus in thailand. WutFace

in Japan and was debating picking up some masks as they r super cheap there (prob quality is better also). but didn't . did pickup some Japanese whisky tho. :lol

feels like having dogged a bullet. :heckno:

Manic! 02-04-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8973332)
That would be deemed racist. We have the fucking idiotic drama club running the country, only concerned about feelings and empty platitudes.

Assholes in Toronto gifted us this shitty government only to get the coronovirus in return. Ironically, the same people that voted for these clowns will get infected.

Better than a chai wallah.

pastarocket 02-04-2020 01:06 PM

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/02...rus-second-bc/

Second case in BC. :heckno:

Mr.HappySilp 02-04-2020 01:11 PM

Looks like there is a paitent from Wuhan in VGH

ImportPsycho 02-04-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8973351)

Vancouver Coastal Health region again
Richmond? lol

SkinnyPupp 02-04-2020 03:31 PM

So another rumor started spreading on online after a guy collapsed in front of HK BBQ Master in Richmond. Dude passed out from an epileptic seizure and people are freaking out.

I want people to take this seriously, but don't be an idiot. FailFish

Hondaracer 02-04-2020 03:43 PM

This is prime time for some YouTube bait videos

Head to Richmond Costco and start coughing up fake blood everywhere

SkinnyPupp 02-04-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8973374)

Nah you'd just get a circle of people taking pictures to post on Social Media, I doubt it would be very exciting to see

fliptuner 02-04-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

She caught it from friends visiting her from Wuhan......and are still here. :heckno:

Gumby 02-04-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Tell that to the idiot who did this on a plane 2 hrs into a flight from Toronto to Montego Bay...
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...nd-flight-back

320icar 02-04-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

I’m not first aid anymore so IDGAF lol

Razor Ramon HG 02-04-2020 06:52 PM

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...hnk/index.html

2500 passengers that all have a good chance of catching the coronavirus.

ImportPsycho 02-04-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 8973391)
Tell that to the idiot who did this on a plane 2 hrs into a flight from Toronto to Montego Bay...
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/unit...nd-flight-back

https://toronto.citynews.ca/wp-conte...K-PHILIPPE.jpg

Looks like total idiot too

Hondaracer 02-04-2020 07:22 PM

Says he flies to Jamaica 4 times a year to shoot “music videos”

Pulling that Type of shit on a plane it sounds like you’ve never flown before period, what a fucking idiot

fliptuner 02-04-2020 07:43 PM

Send him to Wuhan

ilovebacon 02-04-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8973289)
Have you talked to her about it since? Some places are more at risk than others, even when not locked down. I wouldn't want to be in Guangzhou for instance

Its Guangzhou...

twitchyzero 02-04-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belka (Post 8973332)

are you this hard in real life?

ilovebacon 02-04-2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8973291)
I have relatives all over the world looking for mask; and here are some complaints.

1) Most shipments of masks from China are locked down; unable to ship out from China to outside. Customs will just take them. There were 10 boxes declared lost.
2) With masks being shipped out, there has been thefts also. When you call the courier company; they will pay you insurance + 15% of declared value. Tons of anger but you can't not declare them as mask and you can't over declare the content's value.
3) My uncle is going to fly to Indonesia to personally pick up mask to bring back to HK.
which I think is f-ed up.... to go thru all this for a mask. Desperate times I guess.

Those idiots are shipping maks out of china?? Why on earth would a person do that when China needs it most than anywhere... Sounds stupid.

ilovebacon 02-04-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

"Henry adds if the people from Wuhan test positive, they will be put into the local health system, saying the Richmond hospital where they may go does have protocols in place to protect health workers there."

:heckno: Not hanging around in Richmond anymore...

ilovebacon 02-04-2020 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 8973381)
She caught it from friends visiting her from Wuhan......and are still here. :heckno:

Really? I heard it was not related to coronaviruses. There was a posting floating around on Wechat about how it was just a seizure.

fliptuner 02-04-2020 08:09 PM

^^^ 2 different events