REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

Mr.HappySilp 01-31-2020 03:18 PM

Can someone from HK/China confirm that people buying this Chinese meds coz there is some post online saying it will help with the coronavirus? Saw some post people in China re lining up to get the meds..... which is stupid coz people should stay away from crowded place......

Y2K_o__o 01-31-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8972954)
Can someone from HK/China confirm that people buying this Chinese meds coz there is some post online saying it will help with the coronavirus? Saw some post people in China re lining up to get the meds..... which is stupid coz people should stay away from crowded place......

from biology standpoint
once a person is infected, a virus can't be destroyed but only be suppressed with meds
If he is uninfected, vaccine can provide protection

SkinnyPupp 01-31-2020 03:54 PM

Finnair, Delta and American Airlines canceled all flights to China (remember AA pilots were threatening to sue)

Cathay staff threatening to strike if they don't cancel China flights (remember they weren't even allowed to wear masks from when the protests started, until last week)

US not allowing any foreigners into the country who have been to China in the last 2 weeks. Kuwait also banning Chinese (and HK) nationals

Also, the top court in China confirms in their ruling that people should have listened to the 8 whistleblowers in Wuhan, instead of arresting them FailFish

Digitalis 01-31-2020 04:45 PM

Heard some rumors from inside that there are certain apartment complexes having their doors welded shut and boarded in...

Y2K_o__o 01-31-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8972964)
Finnair, Delta and American Airlines canceled all flights to China (remember AA pilots were threatening to sue)

Cathay staff threatening to strike if they don't cancel China flights (remember they weren't even allowed to wear masks from when the protests started, until last week)

US not allowing any foreigners into the country who have been to China in the last 2 weeks. Kuwait also banning Chinese (and HK) nationals

Also, the top court in China confirms in their ruling that people should have listened to the 8 whistleblowers in Wuhan, instead of arresting them FailFish

That's essentially the problem here
Provincial & City government think they can handle the situation. The mentality is "If we can solve it, why bother disclose the problem and put myself in a bad situation that possibly affects my promotion"

The infected number, in reality, is ALWAYS much higher than what was officially announced. They purposely keep the number low to maintain so-call "social stability" and prevent people from panickink, but when everybody thinks the number was purposely underestimate, that creates more social panic...........

I just don't get it.......

whitev70r 01-31-2020 06:26 PM

Don't know whether to laugh or cry ...

Guy needs to step up his chirping game to cover his fat pot belly ass.
Lady cannot be so polite when calling out idiot. "Hi ... I'm .. .I'm so sorry but I think that's a very racist comment."

Verdasco 01-31-2020 07:58 PM

laugh or cry? I think outraged tbh.. He only did it cause its a girl. Do it to another guy and he gets his ass whooooooped.... whooped by all 19 of my nguyen, dao, vi, pham, tran, vu, and dongs :fuckyea:

/s

eclipseman 01-31-2020 09:16 PM

Man...can't believe hand sanitizer is sold out across town here...

Someone selling a bottle of hand sanitizer for $300 on craigslist... lol.

whitev70r 01-31-2020 10:35 PM

Oh Lord, say it isn't so.

Masks sold from vehicle in Richmond parking lots

https://www.richmond-news.com/news/m...ots-1.24066205

https://images.glaciermedia.ca/polop...ask-seller.jpg

ilovebacon 01-31-2020 10:42 PM

^License plate = address = box of masks = profit.

UnknownJinX 02-01-2020 07:13 AM

My brain cells dying from all the stupidity will kill me long before the coronavirus.

Some of the mask use is understandable, like if you are a kid, old, weak, already ill or you work closely with patients, then yeah it makes sense. If I am in Vancouver now, I wouldn't wear one because I don't fit into that bracket.

Mr.HappySilp 02-01-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8972964)

Add Italy to the list.

StylinRed 02-01-2020 07:27 AM

Vietnam n Singapore etc

Flying out of here soon else I won't get back into Canada :lol

buhdeh 02-01-2020 08:28 AM

spoon.ek9 02-01-2020 08:55 AM

kind of naive to think anything on wechat is actually private, no?

Mr.HappySilp 02-01-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buhdeh (Post 8973034)

Lol is wechat all conversion is monitor. Ie if you use the China version of wechat you can't type certain things like 1989, 1964 incidents but of you use the oversea version you can. Also some sensitive information when I message relatives in China they simply won't get that message.

Mr.HappySilp 02-01-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8973030)
Vietnam n Singapore etc

Flying out of here soon else I won't get back into Canada :lol

You are trying to get out while I am trying to get in in March.

keifun 02-01-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8973041)
You are trying to get out while I am trying to get in in March.

I'm flying to Vietnam next week connecting from Taipei. Now I'm thinking if I should cancel my trip and ask for a refund:okay:

Mikoyan 02-01-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keifun (Post 8973064)
I'm flying to Vietnam next week connecting from Taipei. Now I'm thinking if I should cancel my trip and ask for a refund:okay:

Going to Singapore via Taipei in April. Seeing how things go or we may cancel as it's a family trip with elderly and preschool kids.

SkinnyPupp 02-01-2020 03:32 PM

Are you kidding, now is the best time to go on a trip! There will be THOUSANDS of mainland tourists NOT THERE PogChamp

Mainland visitors to HK are down to 19.5K and 16K on the first two border control days (Jan 30, 31). The few days before this, it was 27-29K daily

It's not enough for some (edit: most actually. Polls show 80% people responding want a closed border), and the new hospital union plans to strike on Monday

In response, the govt plans to control further, but still no full border closure

Unfortunately the problem si the govt won't negotiate with the people, just tell them what's best for them, and do whatever they can under Xi's thumb. I mean we've seen this since June, and this is just an extension of it.

My opinion on this is a full closure is unnecessary at this point, and would lead to severe issues in daily life, if logistics and food supplies are shut down. I think people are being way too drastic. Shutting out all tourists is a good idea, and be strict with temperature checks and travel histories of everyone else.

AstulzerRZD 02-01-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8972977)
Guy needs to step up his chirping game to cover his fat pot belly ass.

Having to ask for a Yaris sedan at a dealer is already fairly undigifying... AFAIK the leases were more expensive than the new Corolla sedan and the MRSP is within a thousand or two.

yray 02-01-2020 04:17 PM

did the border close during sars?

keifun 02-01-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8973071)
Are you kidding, now is the best time to go on a trip! There will be THOUSANDS of mainland tourists NOT THERE PogChamp

Oh don't get me wrong. I still want to go to Vietnam very much next week. The lack of mainlanders is great! I'm worried about getting there as the airline is currently suspending flights from Taiwan/HK/China. Oh wells, guess I gotta wait for any changes.

SkinnyPupp 02-01-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keifun (Post 8973078)
Oh don't get me wrong. I still want to go to Vietnam very much next week. The lack of mainlanders is great! I'm worried about getting there as the airline is currently suspending flights from Taiwan/HK/China. Oh wells, guess I gotta wait for any changes.

BTW Vietnam rescinded their ban on HK and Taiwan after the govts convinced them they're not actually China LUL

SkinnyPupp 02-01-2020 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yray (Post 8973077)
did the border close during sars?

Nope, and 300 people died (almost as many that were reported in China)