REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-17-2021, 06:20 PM   #9026
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,823 Times in 8,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...m_source=share

Gotta love Vancouver. Also apparently medical exemption is no longer valid?

"You do not get to put your hands on me, I'm a female, back up! This is assault."

Apparently it's assualt when you're resisting arrest trololol

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I lasted 20 seconds of listening to her voice
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:30 PM   #9027
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I lasted 20 seconds of listening to her voice
I stayed to hopefully see her get tased or taken down

Spoiler alert: didn't happen

She just screamed bloody Mary as she got arrested

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #9028
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
So in BC when you get the vaccine are you told which one you’re getting?
Old 03-17-2021, 07:20 PM   #9029
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
^ fraser health online system tells you which one is available

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
You seem to be contrarian on all my posts, so whatever. If it's something personal, message me, we can deal with it.

It is simply not realistic to expect any system or call center to support that many interactions on launch date.

If you waited a damn year, you can wait a few fucking days.
nope nothing personal, though i admit i've been more critical of the govt as patience dry up

again, the 4 other health authorities had a relatively smoother rollout, VCH was the only one without a backup plan despite having the largest resources

i agree with your sentiment what's another few days if you've waited this long IF we weren't discussing the one of the most vulnerable population

Last edited by twitchyzero; 03-17-2021 at 07:28 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 07:27 PM   #9030
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Vaccinated will get flexibility to do more activities according to Horgan, no specifics yet

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vaccinated-peo...says-1.5351478
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #9031

Giving incentives for vaccinated people rather than punishing non vaccinated is the correct way to handle it for now. Things like only vaccinated can travel, be in groups, etc.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:38 PM   #9032
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
^

Yup... I mean... I fully intend on getting the vaccine as soon as it's available... but here comes the dichotomy... unfortunately society is already aggravated enough in its disparity between haves and have nots, this will just add fuel to that fire

I fully believe you're going to start seeing things "cost extra" to attend with limited openings and stuff.......... going to be a lot worse in the USA, at least in Canada access to a vaccine isn't based on economic means at all.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 07:44 PM   #9033

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^

Yup... I mean... I fully intend on getting the vaccine as soon as it's available... but here comes the dichotomy... unfortunately society is already aggravated enough in its disparity between haves and have nots, this will just add fuel to that fire

I fully believe you're going to start seeing things "cost extra" to attend with limited openings and stuff.......... going to be a lot worse in the USA, at least in Canada access to a vaccine isn't based on economic means at all.
Yup and if you remember we were talking about exactly that in this thread, probably around exactly 1 year ago, when people were suggesting ID cards or trackers of some sort for the vaccinated.

It literally is separating the "haves" from the "have-nots" and only those who "have" will be able to be part of society. And it's all tracked with who knows what technology? It's the Cyber Punk slippery slope we all worry about.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #9034
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
So in BC when you get the vaccine are you told which one you’re getting?
I just got my shot last week at RGH. Hospital staffs outside of the actual injection area briefed everyone what to do and that we will all be given the pfizer one. Once I was seated next to the RN, she told me that I will be given the pfizer vaccine again. The official receipt that you get has 3 tick boxes: pfizer, moderna and other.

I heard that within the lower mainland, there are still lots of stock of pfizer vaccine which is good. All of my coworkers got the pfizer ones at other locations like VGH too.

TBH I will be really hesitant if they tell me it's the Janssen or Moderna one, I will probably just refuse and wait til everyone had their first shot, so I can choose either pfizer or moderna.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 09:55 PM   #9035
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
my wife got her shot on monday. no symptoms of anything which is good. only soreness in the arm on the day of the shot. She also got the pfizer one.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #9036
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Yup and if you remember we were talking about exactly that in this thread, probably around exactly 1 year ago, when people were suggesting ID cards or trackers of some sort for the vaccinated.

It literally is separating the "haves" from the "have-nots" and only those who "have" will be able to be part of society. And it's all tracked with who knows what technology? It's the Cyber Punk slippery slope we all worry about.
at the risk of going down another slippery slope, I would remind you that many of the "have nots" are receiving their vaccines ahead of the haves.

this is not a socio-econmic argument. I agree that the vaccine should be distributed where it can have the greatest immediate effect - such as the DTES, and the remote communities that would be best served by mass vaccination.

I'm simply saying that NOBODY in canada will be denied this treatment. this will be the one thing that does not separate us as a society. If you want it, you will get it.

6 months from now (barring production delays) the only people who won't have the vaccine will be the people who refuse it. I think that's selfish AF but this is the world we live in *

bring on the yellow cards - I will happily show evidence that I accepted the 100% free treatment that allowed me to get back to my life and livelihood

(*i guess I have to say that some people can't get it for medical reasons - I feel badly for the genetic hand they have been dealt)
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:07 PM   #9037
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
I just got my shot last week at RGH. Hospital staffs outside of the actual injection area briefed everyone what to do and that we will all be given the pfizer one. Once I was seated next to the RN, she told me that I will be given the pfizer vaccine again. The official receipt that you get has 3 tick boxes: pfizer, moderna and other.

I heard that within the lower mainland, there are still lots of stock of pfizer vaccine which is good. All of my coworkers got the pfizer ones at other locations like VGH too.

TBH I will be really hesitant if they tell me it's the Janssen or Moderna one, I will probably just refuse and wait til everyone had their first shot, so I can choose either pfizer or moderna.
FYI, now that you got Pfizer, second needs to be as well.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2021, 10:08 PM   #9038

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
at the risk of going down another slippery slope, I would remind you that many of the "have nots" are receiving their vaccines ahead of the haves.

this is not a socio-econmic argument. I agree that the vaccine should be distributed where it can have the greatest immediate effect - such as the DTES, and the remote communities that would be best served by mass vaccination.

I'm simply saying that NOBODY in canada will be denied this treatment. this will be the one thing that does not separate us as a society. If you want it, you will get it.

6 months from now (barring production delays) the only people who won't have the vaccine will be the shit birds that care more about themselves, and the attention that it brings than anybody else *

bring on the yellow cards - I will happily show evidence that I accepted the 100% free treatment that allowed me to get back to my life and livelihood

(*i guess I have to say that some people can't get it for medical reasons - I feel badly for the genetic hand they have been dealt)
I wasn't making a socioeconomic argument, I was just saying that this would split people apart, literally between t hose who have the vaccine, and those who don't.

We're already seeing how the fringe is reacting to simply wearing a mask, imagine what it will be like when they're told to get vaccinated?

Even here, where people generally "do the right thing" to avoid social stigma, they're having a hard time getting people to get the vaccine, simply because they don't trust the government. I don't know what bad things they expect to happen, but there it is.

I predict rough times ahead, in various ways, all around the world. Except China
Old 03-17-2021, 11:23 PM   #9039
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
my wife got her shot on monday. no symptoms of anything which is good. only soreness in the arm on the day of the shot. She also got the pfizer one.
same, very sore and painful to lift the arm. No other side effects.

Also found a useful page. Looks like only pfizer and moderna will be used for phase 2 which is where we are at currently. Once it gets down to the general population especially ones aged from 20-50, it will be hard to say which brand will be given to you as the first dose.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/c...9/vaccine/plan
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 09:24 AM   #9040
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
And it's all tracked with who knows what technology? It's the Cyber Punk slippery slope we all worry about.
I mean everyone is already being tracked by private companies purely for the companies financial gain, at least this would give us something useful. Though it seems like it could be a waste of effort if the vaccinations are successful at eliminating community transmission and outbreaks.

Quote:
I wasn't making a socioeconomic argument, I was just saying that this would split people apart, literally between t hose who have the vaccine, and those who don't. We're already seeing how the fringe is reacting to simply wearing a mask, imagine what it will be like when they're told to get vaccinated?
Should we really care if the lunatics choose to drive themselves further from normal society? They're already split themselves off from their friends and family who can't take the BS anymore so why should the rest of us be forced to have to make concessions for them? If they don't care about other peoples health enough to wear a mask or get vaccinated why should I care if they don't get to participate in society *by choice*? At what point do you draw the line and stop allowing people to willfully harm others?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #9041
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/polit...ada/index.html

Spoiler!

So nice to have our friend the USA back again
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #9042
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Finally. I have to admit I was getting very aggravated with the US refusing to offer any help to Canada in weeks prior. Especially after dealing with the last four fucking years of still remaining diplomatic during that mess.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:31 PM   #9043
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Breaking news: https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/03...rs-covid-shot/

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – The province says more than 300,000 frontline workers, including first responders, grocery store employees, teachers, and child care workers will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccinations in April.

Beginning in April, people in priority groups identified by public health and the COVID-19 Workplace Task Group will start to receive their first dose of the AstraZeneca/SII COVISHIELD
(AZ/SII) vaccine. These groups include:

•first responders (police, firefighters, emergency transport)
•K-12 educational staff
•child care staff
•grocery store workers
•postal workers
•bylaw and quarantine officers
•manufacturing workers
•wholesale/warehousing employees
•staff living in congregate housing at places such as ski hills
•correctional facilities staff
•cross-border transport staff

Breaking: #covid19 vaccinations by age continue to be ahead of original schedule.
Old 03-18-2021, 12:35 PM   #9044
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,729 Posts
^And yet you'll still have some asshat Canadians that support/supported Trump. If I can think of any literal cutting your nose off to spite your face, this would be it.

A president comes in that puts precedence on international relationships, and in mere weeks you see additional vaccines sent out to neighboring countries.

Elections matter, god damnit.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #9045

Not gonna lie. Fucking butthurt grocery store staff, warehouse workers and postal workers are in that group and restaurant workers aren’t.
I don’t even care if I get it, but servers interact with far more people per day in a direct setting than any of those groups I mentioned.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 12:48 PM   #9046
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
Edit nvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #9047

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/polit...ada/index.html

Spoiler!

So nice to have our friend the USA back again
Biden dumping all the garbage AZ vaccines on Canadians and Mexicans
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #9048
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Not gonna lie. Fucking butthurt grocery store staff, warehouse workers and postal workers are in that group and restaurant workers aren’t.
I don’t even care if I get it, but servers interact with far more people per day in a direct setting than any of those groups I mentioned.
i dont remember the last time i've dined out at a restaurant...its gotta be over a year ago maybe 15+ months...while some of my friends may eat in a restaurant its gotta be like maybe once a month if that...most will just ubereats it or whatever.... not sure where you get the idea of calling grocery store staff "butthurt" but if anyone deserves a vaccine in that list its definitely them IMO....theyre the ones that kept working through this maybe even against their will esp when the city shut down restaurants and pretty much motioned them to do pickup/delivery in order to survive

The warehouse/postal workers...well while theyre not interacting with people as much and could possibly be following social distance rules..but you know it can transmit through surfaces/packages right?!?!
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #9049
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
re read what he wrote

he's saying he's butthurt, he's not being disparaging towards those other workers.

I 100% agree with him BTW - why you would make that list and not include restaurant workers I don't know. Technically I could get myself on that list, and I interact with almost nobody.

Postal workers and warehouse staff working in tight quarters on production lines is a huge issue. They should be at the top of the list to contain outbreaks.

the only upside here is that the schedule is accelerating so quickly that it won't really matter.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-18-2021, 03:26 PM   #9050

A comma would have helped me state it more clearly, but yeah. I’m butthurt, I’m not calling the grocery store staff butthurt. Those people absolutely deserve to get vaccines, as do the restaurant workers that are interacting with customers.
Quite frankly, no one gives a fuck if you haven’t gone out. People still are going out, which means servers are still interacting with people, as have your delivery drivers that have delivered to you, who also should be in that group.
As usual, here’s an example of someone using their personal experience over the actual basis of reality.
Also, lol at your transmission through packages. They aren’t delivering with their mouths.
The basis of this group of vaccinations is people who
A) work in close proximity to others
B) work directly with public who are not necessarily covered in PPE
C) people who can not work from home
It’s pretty cut and dry that restaurant workers/coffee shop/other hospitality workers fit in that category.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by westopher; 03-18-2021 at 03:37 PM.
This post thanked by: