REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-05-2021, 09:48 AM   #9401
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
antimaskers trespassing on private establishments starting shit starting shit: it's my right, you have to do what i say and i get to harass you
health authority coming to resto that doesn't follow health regs: you're trespassing you have no rights and have to leave, stop harassing me

like to see gov step in but we soft like charmin
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Last edited by GLOW; 04-05-2021 at 10:03 AM.
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2021, 10:21 AM   #9402
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Absolutely. Its impossible to make sense of, let alone argue with stupid.
"These are the rules, you don't get to to this"
Flips situation
"The rules don't apply to me. I get to do this"

Huh? What? I don't even.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:31 AM   #9403
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,912 Posts
Again .. AZ fail ... not instilling confidence and making people like CiC and anti-vaxxers look good. Apparently, 15m doses were ruined.

U.S. ousts AstraZeneca from vaccine factory, puts J&J in charge
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...-jj-in-charge/
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #9404
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,365 Times in 5,658 Posts
Weird, a rushed vaccine has had a bunch of issues? Didn’t see that coming...thought this was suppose to be tested to the point of not being an issue?..
Old 04-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #9405
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Weird, a rushed vaccine has had a bunch of issues? Didn’t see that coming...thought this was suppose to be tested to the point of not being an issue?..
Did you even watch the video from the link? Or did you just comment because you read AZ in the post?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #9406
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Testing doesn’t account for a human error in manufacturing. That’s like blaming the plywood supplier cause it fell off your truck on the way to the job site.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2021, 11:10 AM   #9407
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Albertans flood Nelson BC causes a restaurant to shutdown due to pushy crowd (towards his employees), and for them ignoring covid rules

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04...weekend-crowd/

Quote:
NELSON (NEWS 1130) – A Nelson restaurant owner is being applauded by the region’s MLA after he shut down his patio over the long weekend because of crowds of customers flouting COVID-19 orders.

Main Street Diner owner Nick Diamond took to Facebook on Sunday, saying he made the “incredibly tough call” to shut down his business half way through a “tremendously busy day for what I felt was in the name of community health and safety.”

Diamond says there was an “incredible influx of out of town visitors” moving through his restaurant on Saturday, with many described as “pushy, rude,” and not following public health guidelines.

“My staff were being pushed around and treated poorly,” he explained, adding it he abruptly decided it was time to shut down.

“I made this decision without even knowing about our new case totals for BC,” Diamond said, adding he also hadn’t had a chance to read breaking headlines about back-to-back record counts.

“I made my decision solely based on my experience throughout the day and the frustrations my staff were battling with,” he wrote, going on to detail a massive influx of out-of-town visitors, many from Alberta.

Story is longer but I'm too lazy to copy around all of news1130s ads
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2021, 03:42 PM   #9408
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
I see it as nothing but a good thing that bad batches of vaccines are being caught before they make it out to people... Think of the alternative!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:19 PM   #9409
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,413 Posts
Maga anti-vaxxer who got kicked off our hockey team group chat earlier last year posted this in his insta story:

Except the decrease starts happening perfectly timed 2 weeks after the vaccines in Texas start rolling out. So tempted to DM him something snarky about "oh wow the vaccine is working!" but didn't wanna waste my time arguing with him.

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2021, 02:09 AM   #9410
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,824 Times in 8,194 Posts
Your hockey buddy is a victim of literally "fake news". That site screenshotted is a known Russian troll news site. Their goal is to, well what we're seeing. Make people wrong, and make them fight about it. I found out when someone posted a bunch of their stuff here; it looked suspect so I looked into it, and sure enough...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2021, 07:49 AM   #9411

i binged watched homeland on netflix and i swear the last season on netflix is what's happening now :S

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #9412
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i binged watched homeland on netflix and i swear the last season on netflix is what's happening now :S
You need to watch Contagion
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #9413

seen that a couple weeks back b/c someone also told me this is eerily similar to what's happening now, also on netflix...

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 04-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #9414

You can pre-register for vaccination online now, even if you are not eligible yet. They'll reach out via email or sms on how to book an appt when you become eligible:

https://www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 04-06-2021, 11:22 AM   #9415

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
You can pre-register for vaccination online now, even if you are not eligible yet. They'll reach out via email or sms on how to book an appt when you become eligible:

Quote:
Do you identify as an Indigenous person?
Subtle SJW bullshit wording. You either got your status card or you don’t. I can identify however they want. Does everyone want their shot today?! Let’s go!! We’re all native!!
Old 04-06-2021, 12:24 PM   #9416
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Subtle SJW bullshit wording. You either got your status card or you don’t. I can identify however they want. Does everyone want their shot today?! Let’s go!! We’re all native!!
You'd have to be a pretty big POS to go down that route and effectively lie to jump the queue.

I'm pretty sure the SJW you're referring to are not the same group that would do what you're talking about. Keep in mind that getting your status card isn't as simple as determining lineage and not all Indigenous people can qualify despite their ancestry.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:29 PM   #9417
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

The vaccine booking system is not working right now. The process really comes in 2 parts:

- the registration
- the date/time booking

The registration part seems to be working, and I was able to get a confirmation code after entering the relevant information. I even received the date/time booking email and URL. But that's where the problem starts.

When the confirmation code and PHN are entered into the date/time booking system, it says that the patient info is not found. I am given the opportunity to manually key that info in again, and it still says their records don't match what I've typed in. Called up their support line, and the person told me they are running into some issues at their end, and just told me to keep trying online for now. And if I still can't get through by tonight, call in and they will help me manually book in over the phone.

I've been trying the damn date/time booking thing since 9am this morning, and it is still doing that now.

Fun times...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:32 PM   #9418
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
it's a loop hole - i think if you were a big enough scumbag you could push it. you'd have to be stone cold POS to be standing next to an obviously indigenous person in the line up claiming it. certainly wouldn't fly in a small town.

the worst case scenario is another shot ends up in another arm. Could this extend the number of jabs ahead of you? maybe but I think by an insignificant number.

where are we on true supply? people obviously pissy that the jabs were down over the long weekend. Also hearing that if you DO qualify, none of the locations are busy with plenty of appointments available. I think they need to extend the age parameters. Anybody who does qualify, but hasn't gotten their butts in gear should be passed over for now.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #9419
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
The vaccine booking system is not working right now. The process really comes in 2 parts:

- the registration
- the date/time booking

The registration part seems to be working, and I was able to get a confirmation code after entering the relevant information. I even received the date/time booking email and URL. But that's where the problem starts.

When the confirmation code and PHN are entered into the date/time booking system, it says that the patient info is not found. I am given the opportunity to manually key that info in again, and it still says their records don't match what I've typed in. Called up their support line, and the person told me they are running into some issues at their end, and just told me to keep trying online for now. And if I still can't get through by tonight, call in and they will help me manually book in over the phone.

I've been trying the damn date/time booking thing since 9am this morning, and it is still doing that now.

Fun times...
You already qualified to schedule an appointment?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 12:56 PM   #9420
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
You already qualified to schedule an appointment?
Doing it for my parents, man. And I am so glad I'm doing this instead of having them do it for themselves. They'd be going nuts or stressed out from the system not working since they aren't super computer savvy.

I am not the least bit surprised that the system buckled under production load, and it probably sucks to be the IT guys that are busting their ballz trying to fix the system right now...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:07 PM   #9421
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Predictably all my relatives that now could get the AZ shot for 55+ want to wait because they dOn'T wAnT tHaT oNe. Fucking boomers.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2021, 01:17 PM   #9422

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Predictably all my relatives that now could get the AZ shot for 55+ want to wait because they dOn'T wAnT tHaT oNe. Fucking boomers.
TBH, I don't blame them. Yes the risk is low, but if peace of mind for themselves or any other concerned family member means waiting a few more weeks, not a huge tradeoff.

Unless they are all YOLO in terms of going out and gathering in groups, in that case maybe it's less risky to take the AZ.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2021, 01:25 PM   #9423
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,912 Posts
Clear link between AstraZeneca and rare blood clots in brain, EMA vaccine chief says

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...-official-says

You really blame boomers? C'mon!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:28 PM   #9424

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Our workplace is getting allocations but it’s also the AZ, everyone who’s had the meeting has gone “no thanks”. Jesus

Edit: for those 55+
Old 04-06-2021, 01:45 PM   #9425
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Clear link between AstraZeneca and rare blood clots in brain, EMA vaccine chief says

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...-official-says

You really blame boomers? C'mon!
44 cases of clots out of 9.2 million doses. Is that even as common as the birth control risks of strokes?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: