REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-08-2021, 01:09 PM   #9501
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
This just in:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04...ef-businesses/

TL;DR:

Yes, it's a drop in the bucket, but something is always better than nothing, right?

(On an unrelated note, yay to more provincial tax hikes later down the line~ But we'll worry about that when we get there...)
Definitely better than nothing. If we get the max that will cover 2 days worth of sales drops out of the 3 weeks (that will actually be 10 weeks) to put that in perspective.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #9502
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,699 Times in 877 Posts
Don't sell, leverage the house for other investments, Supply drops to zero prices goes up??? Profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Wait until capital gains is applied to primary residences to pay for all this. That will be fun
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #9503
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Dr. Bonnie is going full science mode today. Wow, I have never seen so many circle graphs and bar charts in a news conference in a long time.

1293 new cases.

Her two pie charts are clearly showing that the BC residents in age groups 20 to 29 and 30 to 39 have the highest number of P.1 Brazilian variant cases now.

She is stressing even more importance to strict adherance to Covid protocols for work safety practices.

-talking about working more closely with WorkSafe BC.

-expedited workplace closure measures today, as part of WorkSafe BC.

When three or more employees have Covid, as part of the measures to limit the spread of Covid, BC Public Health can close the workplace right away. -paraphrasing Dr. Bonnie now.

Worksafe BC can support Public Health to close the workplace and work with Public Health to help a workplace improve its safety standards in terms of enhanced Covid safety protocols - as per Dr. Bonnie.

She said:

"Please do not go to the ski hills just because you have a ski pass"

"We do need to step back, and stop going to social gatherings in order to support our front line medical workers"

Dr. Bonnie is trying hard to hold back tears after talking about her conversations with doctors, nurses, and other front line medical workers.

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-08-2021 at 01:48 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #9504

Better returns than stonks, we doing fine guys only 1300 a day less than a week after Easter

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/b-c-add...-000-1.5379220
Old 04-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #9505

2000 cases a day by end of April we're gonna beat Ontario
Old 04-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #9506
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
we have already beaten both Florida and Ontario per capita

Brazil numbers?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #9507
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Yesterday sack of shit Adrian Dix was on the Lynda Steele show going on about vaccine numbers drop over the weekend due to the long weekend holiday

Meanwhile, during that long weekend the US vaccinated more people than Canada has since December.

This is getting to be so gross. I don’t want to say I hope it gets worse to really show how poorly the govt. has handled this, but I’m bordering on that.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #9508

I sure as fuck don’t. Don’t feel like having my nose cut off to spite my face. That said, the last month has solidified that No matter what political party it is, they can’t get shit done here in Canada.
I really did, and still do believe that to the best of peoples knowledge, the govt handled it well up until like December, but the vaccine rollout, the lack of enforcement of rules, the blame shifting to the working class. It’s all a clusterfuck now and we are worse off currently than any country we should be comparing ourselves to.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 02:26 PM   #9509

^^ but human rights, freedom, China bad urgurs, farmers in India, Huawei. Canada needs to shut the fuck up and fix it's own problems first before they start dicking around with either people's problems.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 02:36 PM   #9510
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
I think @ 1500, there's gonna be a lock down

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #9511
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
In the last few days I’ve run into some, let’s say acquaintances

2 people were offered AZ and turned it down. The other 2 are going to simply turn down any vaccine going forward until there’s more long term data.

These people are not overly intelligent people. However, this seems to be a common sentiment now

Add to that, in the last month or so I’ve run into customers at work who are questioning whether or not people are even in the hospital..lol
Whoever said this can fuck right off. I just had the busiest day I've seen at the hospital in probably the last 12 months. It's not just covid, people are coming in large groups for various reasons. The increased amount of covid cases does NOT help. This is exactly what we were advocating to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Apparently it's the 2nd dose that kicks your ass. Friends that had both all said they were fine after the 1st shot but the 2nd one they felt sick after.
I want to reiterate that this isn't the same experience for everyone. Again, I will list the reactions I (and many, many others) had.

1st dose: Sore arm, sleepiness
2nd dose: Sore arm

That's it. Yes, some people had more "severe" reactions to their second dose but I want people to know that there were also a ton of us who got the second dose and went straight back to work next day without any issue.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #9512

^ so this weekend?
Old 04-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #9513

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
I think people need to chill out a bit on Dr. Henry, though. People vote bombing her winery and all that shit, it's excessive.

The way people keep talking about her like she's Hitler's daughter, one of these days some asshole is going to try to inflict actual physical harm on her. I think people need to calm the rhetoric against her a little bit here. I bet at this point the woman regrets even being in this position at this stage.

On a side note though, our entire government seems so weak and feckless as a whole. I read a report that an anti-masker was on the ferry yesterday causing a ruckus, the ferry had to turn around, and the guy was given a 1-day restriction on riding the ferry.

A single fucking day restriction to fuck up a whole sailing and have it turned around?! Why aren't they banning these Karen and Kens for a whole fucking year, if not lifetime ban?

There seems to be little to no consequence whatsoever in terms of being a total prick here.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:10 PM   #9514
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
I keep seeing "the second dose is worse" but never from people who have actually gotten the second dose.

I'm getting mine on Monday and will report. First dose had me pretty light headed and anxious for 2 days. Wife had bad pain in her arm, all the way from the neck to the fingertips, lasting about a week. We're wondering if she should switch arms, or if maybe that arm is more 'conditioned' now... When I started TRT I would get post injection pain at first, but after a while it went away
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #9515
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I keep seeing "the second dose is worse" but never from people who have actually gotten the second dose.

I'm getting mine on Monday and will report. First dose had me pretty light headed and anxious for 2 days. Wife had bad pain in her arm, all the way from the neck to the fingertips, lasting about a week. We're wondering if she should switch arms, or if maybe that arm is more 'conditioned' now... When I started TRT I would get post injection pain at first, but after a while it went away
Which vaccine do you get in HK?
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #9516

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I think people need to chill out a bit on Dr. Henry, though. People vote bombing her winery and all that shit, it's excessive.

The way people keep talking about her like she's Hitler's daughter, one of these days some asshole is going to try to inflict actual physical harm on her. I think people need to calm the rhetoric against her a little bit here. I bet at this point the woman regrets even being in this position at this stage.

On a side note though, our entire government seems so weak and feckless as a whole. I read a report that an anti-masker was on the ferry yesterday causing a ruckus, the ferry had to turn around, and the guy was given a 1-day restriction on riding the ferry.

A single fucking day restriction to fuck up a whole sailing and have it turned around?! Why aren't they banning these Karen and Kens for a whole fucking year, if not lifetime ban?

There seems to be little to no consequence whatsoever in terms of being a total prick here.
You guys should love this thread

It's a list of every jail sentence given to people who are breaking quarantine orders, etc, in HK

Total local cases yesterday: 2 (1 in quarantine already)
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 03:19 PM   #9517

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Which vaccine do you get in HK?
We can choose between BioNTech mRNA (Pfizer/BioNTech in Canada) or Sinovac inactivated virus. I went with BioNTech
Old 04-08-2021, 03:21 PM   #9518

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

All that winery shit was such low hanging fruit for the lowest common denominator Uhg..

Yea, Bonnie kept her fucking tasting room open because she needs dat tasting room cheddahhhhh...those 10 people that come in throughout the day and buy nothing are really lining her pockets..uhg
Old 04-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #9519

Got some data here.
5042 cases in VCH from March 2-April 2
Household contact - 56.5%
International travel - 0.5%
Clusters - 6.1% (restaurants account for 1.9%. 1% being workplace transmission, .9% being from guest to guest)
Community transmission - 41.7% (now this is vague, and could add to any of the known groups)
Sounds like the government can’t control where the issues are, and can’t get the message out, so time for them to figure something out.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #9520

It's already figured out, send Cain out to slap anyone breaking none essential travel rules with an excessive noise and box 1 to take their plates? Can't dispute and they can't transmit now if they don't have a car to travel.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #9521
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,108 Times in 5,002 Posts
Cain's an anti-masker, he's not going to help the government with Covid... never see that guy wearing a mask on any of his VI's
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:13 PM   #9522
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
i don't know if we can blame gov't at all.

Canada tried to double down and order tons of vaccines but keeps getting bumped down.
Why the F are we trying to compare outselves to US anyways.

For once they screw themselves over and we say they are stupid.
Now they get vaccines all in order cause they possibly bought the most and most of them are done / manufactured in USA, of course they are going to get stuff faster.

Do you think Trudeau really wants to hide information; you think gov't ain't on the phone every week trying to get a forecast call on roll outs.

what the fuck do you want the gov't to do to make these people happy? There will never be full disclosure on ANYTHING.

There is a reason why we don't get why "skytrain is delayed"... it's cause there's probably someone trying to jump in front of the skytrain.

There's a traffic jam on Granville bridge... cause there's a jumper.....

There is zero benefit for the gov't to NOT roll out asap, no reason to hide vaccines, no reason to not distribute.. so i'm just going to trust them they are doing the best they can.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #9523
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Sounds like the government can’t control where the issues are, and can’t get the message out, so time for them to figure something out.
They've had a whole year to figure shit out and all they're doing now is throwing shit at a wall and trying to find something that sticks.

Make sure to be calm and be kind. We'll all get through this eventually /bonnie
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #9524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
They've had a whole year to figure shit out and all they're doing now is throwing shit at a wall and trying to find something that sticks.

Make sure to be calm and be kind. We'll all get through this eventually /bonnie
Anyone know why they're so reluctant to just copy the countries that have it under control?
Old 04-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #9525

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
i don't know if we can blame gov't at all.

Canada tried to double down and order tons of vaccines but keeps getting bumped down.
Why the F are we trying to compare outselves to US anyways.

For once they screw themselves over and we say they are stupid.
Now they get vaccines all in order cause they possibly bought the most and most of them are done / manufactured in USA, of course they are going to get stuff faster.

Do you think Trudeau really wants to hide information; you think gov't ain't on the phone every week trying to get a forecast call on roll outs.

what the fuck do you want the gov't to do to make these people happy? There will never be full disclosure on ANYTHING.

There is a reason why we don't get why "skytrain is delayed"... it's cause there's probably someone trying to jump in front of the skytrain.

There's a traffic jam on Granville bridge... cause there's a jumper.....

There is zero benefit for the gov't to NOT roll out asap, no reason to hide vaccines, no reason to not distribute.. so i'm just going to trust them they are doing the best they can.

While this comes from the opposition it doesn’t make it any less valid.

The current situation isn’t one where “oh it is what it is”

The current situation is one that really couldn’t have been handled worse. From PPE, to vaccine procurement, to provincial and federal mask guidelines. There have been HUGE misteps at almost every step.

It’s very clear that turd didn’t prioritize paying top dollar for the vaccines when they became available, and here we are. Begging for a lock down when the rest of the world opens up as a result of their vaccination program. A country like Canada should not be where they are on that list regardless of who is in power. The liberals attitude obviously contributed to this state.