REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:30 PM   #9326
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Fucking hell man, so sorry to hear they had to go through that. How was your mom through it? Happy to hear your dad is on the mend and able to do what life is all about again (washing cars)
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #9327
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Fucking hell man, so sorry to hear they had to go through that. How was your mom through it? Happy to hear your dad is on the mend and able to do what life is all about again (washing cars)
mom was okay, just flu symptoms

thank you all for the kind words

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #9328
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'll go back to what I said. You just don't get it. I also don't get what you have to deal with so I'll try and keep an open mind. Restaurants prep thousands of dollars worth of food 24-48 hours before they open based on projected sales. Thats means I ordered 5k worth of food instead of $1000. I scheduled 8 cooks instead of 3. I had to call 20 people to say they might not be able to pay their rent, mortgage, etc over the next bit. Those hours, days, etc. made a big fucking difference, again.
We are in the same boat for sure lol...
Our sales were just starting to slowly climb up the hill and then we get kicked off the cliff ... all our hundreds of fresh oysters, fish, etc ...
I know it's going to be tough for a few of my young international staff who are literally living cheque to cheque to cover rent. I tried my best to keep them on some shifts but I can't be just giving away money either...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #9329
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
We are in the same boat for sure lol...
Our sales were just starting to slowly climb up the hill and then we get kicked off the cliff ... all our hundreds of fresh oysters, fish, etc ...
I know it's going to be tough for a few of my young international staff who are literally living cheque to cheque to cover rent. I tried my best to keep them on some shifts but I can't be just giving away money either...
If you need to offload some oysters........

All jokes aside, the vaccine has been a dinner table topic for the two of us quite often.
In my narrow sight of world, the process where we are vaccinating remote communities first is a very Canadian thing to do, where we are compassionate of every life. Those places do not have the medical capacity to handle an outbreak therefore we vaccinate them first to ensure they don't have mass casualties. Obviously that takes more time to and resources to do.

However my statistics mind tells me we should be vaccinating the big cities first. These big cities are how people are going to be contracting and bringing the virus to the small communities, if the big cities have immunity first and we stop the spread, then the small communities would have a smaller chance of having the virus brought in by accident. Vaccinating large urban centers first also means a much quicker roll out as people are more concentrated and have the right facilities and equipment to get it done; and things can go back to "normal" quicker, at the possible expense of people dying in remote communities.

Who am I kidding though... we can't even get frontline workers vaccinated at an efficient rate....
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:29 PM   #9330
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
^ well if you need help offloading some delicious food you know where to find help!

On a serious note, that's awfully thoughtful of you to know the international staff have it real tough.
I was on the flipside, working internationally and with covid the absolute first jobs to go were all the foreign staff. Double kicker is that most people's visas were tied to employment and they'd have to uproot and leave, absolutely devastating to so many families.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #9331
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,361 Times in 5,657 Posts
Damn Yray, considering he had previously had pneumonia it’s lucky he pulled through with covid. All the best to him and your family
Old 04-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #9332

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
fresh oysters eh.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:49 PM   #9333
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
parents got covid, sat across the able and ate with them, did not get covid

I got lucky...
If you were here, you would be in a government quarantine facility for 2 weeks starting from when they tested positive. That's the thing most people are scared of lol... The place is kind of like prison apparently
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:15 PM   #9334
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,185 Posts
The various restrictions really suck, but I hope people don’t have to go through what yray went through before taking the restrictions seriously. (Note: I am not saying that yray didn’t take the restrictions seriously)
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2021, 03:24 PM   #9335
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Ontario is closing for a month starting Saturday, they had 2557 cases in a day and supposedly that was the trigger

They've got 3X our population and just 2.5x the cases
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:35 PM   #9336
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
holy F the new strains ...crazy.

Gf's Boss got COVID 2 months ago. 31 people in a warehouse / production plant.
Got a call; even with the separators, and everything wiped down, good social distance.....
1 person got tested, everyone has to isolate due to the fact it's a P1 strain. EVERYONE. Not just close contact.

Few days later... guss how many people got tested positive?
100% EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE GOT the P1 variant... FALLKKKKKK
EVERYONE but the CEO / gf's boss cause he already got infected with COVID and recovered...
FALLKKK
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:52 PM   #9337

I didn't know the Brazil variant was here, wtf, how?! isn't it a mashup of the British and South African strain?
Old 04-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #9338
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

Got a call; even with the separators, and everything wiped down, good social distance.....
1 person got tested, everyone has to isolate due to the fact it's a P1 strain. EVERYONE. Not just close contact.

EVERYONE but the CEO / gf's boss cause he already got infected with COVID and recovered...
FALLKKK
Were masks used as well? Or did they rely on seperators?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #9339
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:

FALLKKK
The CEO/gf's boss should also get tested because you can still get COVID again even if you've been infected once already.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #9340

Yeah just read up ab the p1 strain, it can reinfect
Old 04-01-2021, 11:30 PM   #9341
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

FALLKKK
How severe were their symptoms, and how are they doing? (Looking for positives and hopefully the correlation between easier transmission + weaker strain...)
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:58 AM   #9342
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I didn't know the Brazil variant was here, wtf, how?! isn't it a mashup of the British and South African strain?
BC officially from Health Canada as of April 1.

B.1.1.7 (UK) 2214
B.1.351 (S. Africa) 50
P.1 (Brazil) 379

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/co...cases.html#VOC
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 AM   #9343

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Damn ... virus smarter than humans. Our race is effed.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #9344
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Received first dose of Pfizer this morning. No measurable side effects yet. Coquitlam Poirier site was efficient. Too bad it was a 20min drive when I live within walking distance to two other sites, lol.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:06 AM   #9345
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
P.1 virus can do reinfection and the natural antibodies won't even take care of it a 2nd time as it neutralize antibodies from regular covid 19.

worst case scenario, vaccines could be redesigned and tweaked to be a better match - in a matter of weeks or months, if necessary.

we're in the beginning stages of this mutation, there can be more verison's of covid 19 in the future more resistant than before as its happening now.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #9346

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Mother nature says to human beings, 'You want to pollute the world, kill the oceans, destroy rain forests? Hold my beer!'
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2021, 04:32 PM   #9347
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Mother nature says to human beings, 'You want to pollute the world, kill the oceans, destroy rain forests? Hold my natural glacier water!'
Fixed.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #9348
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,282 Times in 1,635 Posts
I really, REALLY wish every single person who has read this thread could just for a moment walk past an ICU bed and see with their own eyes the suffering this virus has caused and is still causing.

Seeing video on the news, photos, etc really doesn't hit hard enough for a lot of people. Imagine for a moment that's your family member or someone you love with every fiber of your being. Someone you would die to protect. Then, have the realization that you are completely helpless in this moment because it's too late. They're already infected.

Recently, it's the young people as we all know. It's really quite devastating to see someone who is close to your age and is relatively healthy be incapacitated, intubated and completely at the will of a virus. I know we're all sick of this shit. It's been 12+ months but, it's a virus. Our feelings, frustrations, and fatigue mean nothing to it.

Please, do the best you can to protect yourself and others. And for the love of whatever god you believe in, get vaccinated once you can. Let's end this damn pandemic asap.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:18 PM   #9349
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,818 Times in 8,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I really, REALLY wish every single person who has read this thread could just for a moment walk past an ICU bed and see with their own eyes the suffering this virus has caused and is still causing.

Seeing video on the news, photos, etc really doesn't hit hard enough for a lot of people. Imagine for a moment that's your family member or someone you love with every fiber of your being. Someone you would die to protect. Then, have the realization that you are completely helpless in this moment because it's too late. They're already infected.

Recently, it's the young people as we all know. It's really quite devastating to see someone who is close to your age and is relatively healthy be incapacitated, intubated and completely at the will of a virus. I know we're all sick of this shit. It's been 12+ months but, it's a virus. Our feelings, frustrations, and fatigue mean nothing to it.

Please, do the best you can to protect yourself and others. And for the love of whatever god you believe in, get vaccinated once you can. Let's end this damn pandemic asap.
inb4 someone calls you a "cuck"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #9350

Apparently a restaurant called Gusto tried to defy the ban on inside dining and got a big fine today - might also lose their business license.

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...ose_gusto_was/

Here's another Corduroy in Kits:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04...nt-defies-ban/
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote