REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #11376
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Did the events centre have both shots available or only one? Going there next week
They had pfizer n moderna

And a note on the front door saying which dose you would be getting

"1st dose pfizer, 2nd dose pfizer"
"1st dose moderna 2nd dose moderna"
1st dose AZ, 2nd dose pfizer or moderna I can't remember

Since I didn't lineup I only got a passing look at the signage

Also, to note, my arm was a little sore the night of the shot, less so than the first dose, and I don't feel anything at all today
Advertisement

Last edited by StylinRed; 07-05-2021 at 10:40 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2021, 10:19 PM   #11377
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
I don't understand where this notion of "being forced" into mixing vaccines is coming from. No one is telling you to sit down, shut up and take what we tell you to. It's literally what's available and if you choose to decline that's not an issue whatsoever. So how is anyone actually being forced into taking a different brand?

again:

1. this is what's available right now
2. you can decline if you wish

literally no one has control over what is being supplied other than the manufacturers themselves. you can't blame the gov't for not being able to acquire something the manufacturer cannot provide at any moment in time.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 10:52 PM   #11378
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
I don't think anyone is really complaining about being 'forced' to do it.. I think the issue is that some people don't want to blend vaccines (and unlike other vaccines, we're not talking about 'using two different vaccines' like when you get different shots as a baby - but instead different technology methods the efficacy of which hasn't been studied yet).

Many of these people don't mind waiting until they can get the same one, but there are no assurances that they will be able to do that, if ever.

It might be totally fine, and most are sure it's not going to be dangerous, but it's something we don't know about. And out of all the retarded anti vaxx stuff you see, there is at least some validity to arguing against using drugs we don't know much about.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:20 AM   #11379
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Ontario reported thousands of cases of ppl leaving their second dose appointments because they would be getting moderna instead of pfizer

Sure u can do that, but doesn't that dose go to waste then? Since they've brought it out of their cryo fridges

people should know what they're getting before they go, so the doses aren't wasted if that's the case
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:31 AM   #11380
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I think the Moderna doesn't require cryo freeze, just regular refrigeration for certain amount of days.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news...vid-19-vaccine
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2021, 07:15 AM   #11381
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I don't understand where this notion of "being forced" into mixing vaccines is coming from. No one is telling you to sit down, shut up and take what we tell you to. It's literally what's available and if you choose to decline that's not an issue whatsoever. So how is anyone actually being forced into taking a different brand?

again:

1. this is what's available right now
2. you can decline if you wish

literally no one has control over what is being supplied other than the manufacturers themselves. you can't blame the gov't for not being able to acquire something the manufacturer cannot provide at any moment in time.
No one is “forcing” anything but I think a lot of people who are unsure about mixing or even feel they might not want to have no other choice when they show up and only one or the other are offered

People don’t have the time to keep cancelling and rebooking appointments until they randomly get the same shot as the first. Thus you feel pressured into taking what’s offered.

The fact that a choice is offered at some locations and not at others just goes back into the ineptitude of the govts. Roll out. Adrian Dix was called out on why they couldn’t provide info as to which was offered where to avoid people showing up and declining and he essentially said it was too much work. Great.

I’d say if mixing wasn’t a big deal or wasn’t somthing that people should be able to choose, why offer a choice at all?
Old 07-06-2021, 07:27 AM   #11382
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
They had to have known it was going to be more difficult with the second shots having to match first dose. Instead of figuring out a way to at least inform people of what facilities will have what shots on any given day they just hope people will shut up and settle for what's offered to them because they already took the time to get there. Sure most people might not give a shit but I'm sure there's plenty who do.

I don't feel forced to take anything I just think it's very sloppy in the way they are going about this.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:44 AM   #11383

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
One thing might be cuz you can't travel down the road if you mix and match? Countries have the right to not recognize the vaccine you got. Just like how the China Russian ones aren't recognized by Canada. Or USA doesn't recognize az.
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:54 AM   #11384
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
^ certain event organizers in the USA said they might not recognize AZ and then backtracked… accuracy matters
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:19 PM   #11385

Well i clicked reschedule for my second dose at Langley Event Centre and they had one spot for literally 1 minute later. I live a couple mins away so I took it. Guy at the door said they have both shots but walk ins will most likely get Moderna. The funny thing is once I got inside they didn't care if I had an appointment or not they just asked what your first shot was and you got a white sheet for Pfizer and a yellow sheet for Moderna.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #11386
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Wait you can just walk in to get your shots?

Is this new or have been living under a rock?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #11387

I don't think it's something they advertise but it sounds like they've been letting people walk in at certain places. I know a few people that went with someone for their second shot and they asked if they wanted to get their shot as well while they are there even though they didn't have an appointment.

It could depend on location and how many doses they got that day.
Old 07-06-2021, 05:41 PM   #11388
Need to Seek Professional Help

it depends on where you're "walking in".

some have a certain allotment each day whereas others are just fully booked...if you're walking in now though they have more supply for Moderna so you're likely going to get moderna for now as a walk in

some will try in the morning or near the end to catch any cancelled appointments or any unused vaccines

heck even the timing doesnt make much of a difference...just book the day you want and pretty much go in anytime...the timing is there for "crowd control" so that not everyone shows up at the same time
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 05:54 PM   #11389

I'm sure most people are content just waiting for their appointment so the amount of people just going there to ask if they have any extra doses is probably pretty minimal which is why they accommodate them.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #11390
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
if u are 7 weeks into the game, you can walk into some of the places to get a shot.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #11391
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Seems like many of you guys have gotten your vaccine. Who has NOT taken the vaccine? I haven't taken mines yet or have plans to yet anytime soon. I only go out once a week to do groceries and see gf, other than that, pretty much at home working.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #11392
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Don't be a freeloader. Get your vaccine. It's a quick process.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #11393
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Get your groceries delivered.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2021, 10:46 AM   #11394

No Rs meat for you, vaccinated members only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Seems like many of you guys have gotten your vaccine. Who has NOT taken the vaccine? I haven't taken mines yet or have plans to yet anytime soon. I only go out once a week to do groceries and see gf, other than that, pretty much at home working.
Old 07-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #11395
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I got the text to book my second shot at 2am, exactly at 7 weeks since the first shot and right when the site said I'd be able to. It seems like everyone just looks at their default location because that one has no slots at all left in July and the other two I could pick from had plenty of openings starting next week.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:52 AM   #11396

At this point I don't think there's any benefit to delaying getting the shot, I sure don't want to die cuz I got coughed at by an anti masker. And as the other variants continues to brew I'm sure we will need updated vaccines which makes the unvaccinated even more vulnerable.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #11397
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Missouri is getting crushed by the Delta variant

Quote:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — As the U.S. emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, Missouri is becoming a cautionary tale for the rest of the country: It is seeing an alarming rise in cases because of a combination of the fast-spreading delta variant and stubborn resistance among many people to getting vaccinated.

Intensive care beds are filling up with surprisingly young, unvaccinated patients, and staff members are getting burned out fighting a battle that was supposed to be in its final throes.

The hope among some health leaders is that the rest of the U.S. might at least learn something from Missouri’s plight.

“If people elsewhere in the country are looking to us and saying, ‘No thanks’ and they are getting vaccinated, that is good,” said Erik Frederick, chief administrative officer at Mercy Hospital Springfield, which has been inundated with COVID-19 patients as the variant first identified in India rips through the largely non-immunized community. “We will be the canary.”

The state now leads the nation with the highest rate of new COVID-19 infections, and the surge is happening largely in a politically conservative farming region in the northern part of the state and in the southwestern corner, which includes Springfield and Branson, the country music mecca in the Ozark Mountains where big crowds are gathering again at the city’s theaters and other attractions.

While over 53% of all Americans have received at least one shot, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, most southern and northern Missouri counties are well short of 40%. One county is at just 13%.

Cases remain below their winter highs in southwestern Missouri, but the trajectory is steeper than in previous surges, Frederick said. As of Tuesday, 153 COVID-19 patients were hospitalized at Mercy and another Springfield hospital, Cox Health, up from 31 just over a month ago, county figures show.

These patients are also younger than earlier in the pandemic — 60% to 65% of those in the ICU over the weekend at Mercy were under 40, according to Frederick, who noted that younger adults are much less likely to be vaccinated — and some are pregnant.

He is hiring traveling nurses and respiratory therapists to help out his fatigued staff as the rest of the country tries to leave the pandemic behind.

“I feel like last year at this time it was health care heroes and everybody was celebrating and bringing food to the hospital and doing prayer vigils and stuff, and now everyone is like, ‘The lake is open. Let’s go.’ We are still here doing this,” he said.

There are also warning signs across the state line: Arkansas on Tuesday reported its biggest one-day jump in cases in more than three months. The state also has low vaccination rates.

Lagging rates — especially among young adults — are becoming an increasing source of concern elsewhere around the country, as is the delta variant.

The mutant version now accounts more than 20% of new COVID-19 infections in the U.S., doubling in just two weeks, the CDC said Tuesday. It is responsible for half of new cases across a swath that includes Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

“The delta variant is currently the greatest threat in the U.S. to our attempt to eliminate COVID-19,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert. He said there is a “real danger” of local surges like the one in Missouri in places with deep vaccine resistance.

To help counter the threat, administration officials are stepping up efforts to vaccinate Americans ages 18 to 26, who have proved least likely to get the shot when it’s available to them.

Elsewhere around the world, Britain, with an even higher vaccination rate than the U.S., has postponed the lifting of remaining restrictions on socializing in England because of the rapid spread of the variant. Israel, another vaccination success story, is reacting by tightening rules on travelers.

In Missouri, Republican Gov. Mike Parson has taken the position that it is better to ask people to take “personal responsibility” than to enact restrictions.

Missouri never had a mask mandate, and Parson signed a law last week placing limits on public health restrictions and barring governments from requiring proof of vaccination to use public facilities and transportation.

Missouri Health Department spokeswoman Lisa Cox said the agency is encouraging people to get vaccinated, but confessed: “This is the Show-Me State and Missourians are skeptical.”

Frederick said some people in the heavily Republican state are resistant because they feel as if Democrats are pushing the vaccine.

“I keep telling people, while we are busy fighting with each other, this thing is picking us off one by one,” he said. “It takes no sides. It has no political affiliation. It is not red. It is not blue. It is a virus. And if we don’t protect ourselves, we are going to do a lot of damage to our community.”

Steve Edwards, CEO of Cox Health, lamented in a tweet that while a number of major news organizations have contacted the hospital about the rise in cases, Fox News was not among them.

“Fox,” he tweeted, “is the most popular cable news in our area — you can help educate on Delta, vaccines and can save lives.”

Lisa Meeks, 49, of Springfield, is among those who haven’t been vaccinated. She said that she is a Christian and that God gave her a strong immune system.

“As of right now, nobody knows anything long term or short term about these vaccines because they are brand new,” she said, despite months of real-world evidence that the vaccines are highly safe and effective. “And so people are now basically the lab rats.”

An offer of free beer from Mother’s Brewing Co. in Springfield for those who get vaccinated drew a disappointing 20 to 50 people to each of the first three clinics.

“We keep trying,” said Jeff Schrag, owner and founder of Mother’s Brewing. “It is a game of inches.”

As immunizations slow, the delta variant has become the predominant form of the virus in the region. Aaron Schekorra, a spokesman for the Springfield-Greene County Health Department, said it makes up 93% of the random sample of cases that the county is sending for analysis, up from 70% three weeks ago.

He said that unvaccinated people gathering for graduation celebrations and Memorial Day festivities also fueled the spread of the virus. The events came just as the community lifted its mask mandate.

“My concern,” he said, “would be that this is a preview of what is to come in other parts of the country that don’t have higher vaccination rates.”
Old 07-07-2021, 11:48 AM   #11398
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Anyone been to Fortius lately? Offering both shots?

My second scheduled for 5
Old 07-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #11399
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Anyone been to Fortius lately? Offering both shots?

My second scheduled for 5
My mom went few days ago and got to choose.
ryany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:58 AM   #11400

had my 2nd shot appointment at porrier yesterday

they had both shots but there wasn't a choice. P-P, M-M, AZ-M

AZ first shot so they were going to give me moderna. asked the guy for pfizer and he asked his supervisor, she asked me why, i gave a couple reasons and they let me go in that line

VERY slight pain right where the shot is today, ZERO other symptoms. maybe a touch tired but who isn't these days with the heat and general life.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote