REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #22826
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
k i got a grade 1 ac sprain on my right shoulder this passed saturday..

my shoulder feels like its at 80%-90% now but im not sure if i should lift heavy even when the pain is gone...

is it okay if i start lifting once the pain is gone... kuz the docs have mixed answers
probably safer to back off going heavy and work your way up from a moderate weight..
Advertisement
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #22827
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Okay... Im gonna rant about club16 in bby a bit here....
Srsly...
If you gotta use straps for 100lb lat-pulldowns and act tough by swinging the bar; you're a fucking weak faggot. Respect ur equipment and fellow members and they'll respect you.
Theres definitely to many guidoes there standing around taking up space... Its not my fault if my 90lb dumbells fall on your feet if ur standing at my feet watching ur "bro" workout.
Members there have no idea wtf was a deadlift was and what a hack-squat is... Im making noise because im actually lifting heavy... Not pussying around pretending to be cool.
Shit I thought SC was mediocre... Club16 is terrible; its stuffy, crowded, no working space, no power racks and the members there like to grab weights and chat about there cool new headphones.
If you're not lifting; Get the fuck out of the way so that people want lift... Can lift without hitting u in the knee when they're deadlifting..
Lucky its only a 12day free trial. After this trial... Deff happy to be at SC even though they have broken equipment...
Rant end.
Posted via RS Mobile
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #22828
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
Srsly...
If you gotta use straps for 100lb lat-pulldowns and act tough by swinging the bar; you're a fucking weak faggot. Respect ur equipment and fellow members and they'll respect you.
Theres definitely to many guidoes there standing around taking up space... Its not my fault if my 90lb dumbells fall on your feet if ur standing at my feet watching ur "bro" workout.
Members there have no idea wtf was a deadlift was and what a hack-squat is... Im making noise because im actually lifting heavy... Not pussying around pretending to be cool.
Shit I thought SC was mediocre... Club16 is terrible; its stuffy, crowded, no working space, no power racks and the members there like to grab weights and chat about there cool new headphones.
If you're not lifting; Get the fuck out of the way so that people want lift... Can lift without hitting u in the knee when they're deadlifting..
Lucky its only a 12day free trial. After this trial... Deff happy to be at SC even though they have broken equipment...
Rant end.
Posted via RS Mobile
I feel you bro, i work out there too only because its hella cheap, and i work in downtown most of the time. But their equipments are lacking big time. If you go in the morning/afternoon its not as busy. All the troll lifters are there usually after 7-8.
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #22829
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Srsly...
Rant end.
Posted via RS Mobile

I feel your pain man

but honestly dude this is how i see it. the gym is about you and your own goals and your own style. Really who the fuck cares if we have these fuck tards that are not going anywhere and making no gains ever. I see it every day dude these guys that come in and have there pump day for arms and they never grow a single inch or make any progress what so ever. The way i look at it also is when i work out and when the d bags look at me they know to look away cause i am one bad ass mother fucker in the gym i got my hat over my eyes and its all gym nothing else. People probably think im a fucking asshole but in reality im just working harder then anyone in the gym and do not got time to stand on top of the squat rack doing shit you see in a cross fit circle jerk. These idiots are never going to be like people that actually train there asses off. I love when these fucks looks at me and think omg he just cycles what a loser, No you guys just are fucking morons and have no respect for proper training methods. It does not take a rocket scientist to get a nice 5 days split and make some serious gains. I have been going to the same gym for about 4 years now and in my time i have met 7 serious people that train like me and the rest are just idiots ( and my gym on a busy day has prob 200-250 people in it.

In the end don't worry about what those fags are doing. They just give me a boost in my work out for when i take a break and need a good laugh
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #22830
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
I feel your pain man

but honestly dude this is how i see it. the gym is about you and your own goals and your own style. Really who the fuck cares if we have these fuck tards that are not going anywhere and making no gains ever. I see it every day dude these guys that come in and have there pump day for arms and they never grow a single inch or make any progress what so ever. The way i look at it also is when i work out and when the d bags look at me they know to look away cause i am one bad ass mother fucker in the gym i got my hat over my eyes and its all gym nothing else. People probably think im a fucking asshole but in reality im just working harder then anyone in the gym and do not got time to stand on top of the squat rack doing shit you see in a cross fit circle jerk. These idiots are never going to be like people that actually train there asses off. I love when these fucks looks at me and think omg he just cycles what a loser, No you guys just are fucking morons and have no respect for proper training methods. It does not take a rocket scientist to get a nice 5 days split and make some serious gains. I have been going to the same gym for about 4 years now and in my time i have met 7 serious people that train like me and the rest are just idiots ( and my gym on a busy day has prob 200-250 people in it.

In the end don't worry about what those fags are doing. They just give me a boost in my work out for when i take a break and need a good laugh
Solid post, but it's a shame these fucking goof balls get in the way of your goals.

For example:
Phaggots curling in the squat/power rack
Phaggots doing their phaggy time bro-huddle by the DB area
Phaggots leaving their DB's all over the place
Phaggots smelling like ass, which makes you want to puke
Phaggots who just fucking piss you off by looking at them..thinking they're hot shit with their 1 plate deadlift, or 1 and a half plate 1/4 rep squat with a belt and bitch pad.

Phaggots gonna Phaggot
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #22831
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I think it would be worth going to a more expensive gym where these kids can't afford to go. Unfortunately though, with gyms "more expensive" means "more useless fancy equipment" and "less freeweights"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #22832
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Got a much longer winter than 3 weeks.
going back to school in Jan + working, gonna be hard to get my cals
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #22833
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Just came back from RMT... much better than foam rolling. Gonna squat tomorrow.

Quote:
Spoiler!
lololol 12 day trial? Time to sign up and do oly lifts
Old 12-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #22834
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
MuscleTech NeuroCore at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for NeuroCore

For you neruocore fans, it's buy one get one free right now.

Thought I give you guys a heads up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #22835
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Friend introduced me to Turkish Get Ups today. Felt kind of derpy rolling around on the kettleball mat at the Oval figuring them out, but they're an entertaining exercise thats a nice change from squat/press/bench/clean/deadlift all week.

kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #22836
I STILL don't get it

got sloppy on one of my deadlift reps 2 weeks ago and my back is still in pain/weak. feelsbadman. hopefully i can start deadlifting again soon.
truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #22837
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Srsly...
Rant end.
Posted via RS Mobile
I thought club16 was trying to appeal to the non bodybuilder/ power lifters. So pretty much women, and fitness noobs. Of course you'll see a bunch of people like that there. Actually, what gym isn't really focussed on the general public. Its all about money and getting numbers signed up. The only way you aren't going to get annoyed is going in when its at the non peak hours, or set up a gym in your home.
Posted via RS Mobile
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #22838
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
is this club16 over in highgate? i was just about to sign up there this coming week...not sure if i should now

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #22839
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Solid post, but it's a shame these fucking goof balls get in the way of your goals.

For example:
Phaggots curling in the squat/power rack
Phaggots doing their phaggy time bro-huddle by the DB area
Phaggots leaving their DB's all over the place
Phaggots smelling like ass, which makes you want to puke
Phaggots who just fucking piss you off by looking at them..thinking they're hot shit with their 1 plate deadlift, or 1 and a half plate 1/4 rep squat with a belt and bitch pad.

Phaggots gonna Phaggot

This exactly describes "Team Bicep Curl" at the Richmond Fitness World
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #22840
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
haven't seen soccer fan.. wonder what happened to his trophy
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #22841
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

somebody split the deal with me BUY 1 GET 1 FREE deal with me
MuscleTech NeuroCore at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for NeuroCore

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #22842
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:

my shoulder feels like its at 80%-90% now but im not sure if i should lift heavy even when the pain is gone...

is it okay if i start lifting once the pain is gone... kuz the docs have mixed answers
Don't risk it man, lift light to start off with for 1-2 weeks begore going heavy again. I know lifting light kills your ego, but trust me, when you go for a cycle of lifting lighter weights, the transition back into heavy will be so much smoother.
Posted via RS Mobile
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #22843
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think it would be worth going to a more expensive gym where these kids can't afford to go. Unfortunately though, with gyms "more expensive" means "more useless fancy equipment" and "less freeweights"
I worked out at richmond oval on Monday. I was disappointed in that the flooring was slippery and there were just 2x 2.5lb weights in that 1 area.
I was expecting to find more than SC.
SC has what I need. Squat racks and benches
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #22844
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Don't risk it man, lift light to start off with for 1-2 weeks begore going heavy again. I know lifting light kills your ego, but trust me, when you go for a cycle of lifting lighter weights, the transition back into heavy will be so much smoother.
Posted via RS Mobile
dont listen to this nonsense. yell YOLO and dive right into PR sets
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #22845
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
dont listen to this nonsense. yell YOLO and dive right into PR sets
QFT. Words of wisdom
Posted via RS Mobile
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #22846
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:

lift what you feel comfortable with. if you feel pain in your shoulder go down to lighter weight. i have had shoulder pains for a long time and now i just lift what i know i can, a good spotter will go a long way for chest days
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #22847
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts

this guy post here?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #22848
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
is this club16 over in highgate? i was just about to sign up there this coming week...not sure if i should now
Don't do it. Ive been there for almost a year and I can't wait for January when I go back to goodlife.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #22849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
Damn, that's some crazy shit.

That's the thing, you really have to take advantage of that high test during teenager years. The gains and transformation is incredible during this period.

Unfortunately, I never knew about lifting until a year ago.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #22850
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Wonder if he rode the bike though..
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: