REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 12-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #23726
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,280 Times in 1,968 Posts
I don't waste my time with anyone who uses emojis or twitter style short-speak. Talk to me in fucking English. You're killing my brain cells with your Alphabet Soup texts.

Hell, if I wanted throat cancer, I'd daisy chain Virginia Slims rather than read your texts out loud.

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #23727
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I don't waste my time with anyone who uses emojis or twitter style short-speak. Talk to me in fucking English. You're killing my brain cells with your Alphabet Soup texts.

Hell, if I wanted throat cancer, I'd daisy chain Virginia Slims rather than read your texts out loud.
Actual conversation seems to be a dead art these days..
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #23728
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I just hate people who bail especially since it was their idea to go in the first place
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2017, 05:59 AM   #23729
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Actual conversation seems to be a dead art these days..
I agree.

Over this holiday, i met 2 awesome random people from ... Russia. 26 & 42.5, both were super awesome people, mature for their age and can hold their conversation. It's really based on the people you meet. I spent an entire day talking and taking her around town.

It's true, there are still unicorns out there.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:54 AM   #23730
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

LOLOL co-worker invited a bunch of people to his new place for an xmas celebration... discovered he invited too many people and un-invited them the day before.... wow, just wow.

Classy af.

Last edited by Kamui712; 12-28-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #23731
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
(Crosspost) I will probably never complain about driving to whistler in the snow, driving in richmond in the snow, or the cold in general after experiencing the Coquihalla. That was insane, esp in rwd. You'd be going uphill, 1st/2nd/3rd slip, 4th lugging LOL.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #23732
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Im sorry im not your person anymore. Wish you'd still talk to me if you needed someone to talk to, but i also understand the emotional mess that would bring you, and heck probably even me. I just want you to be happy, so i can be happy knowing you're gonna be alright

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 AM   #23733
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
i just wanted to go out for NYE...y u do dis to me work , no one likes spending it driving drunk people around LOL
Looks like we're in the same boat

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:40 AM   #23734
Throw yo paws in da air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Looks like we're in the same boat
i did a shift trade with a friend Downtown here i come! lol

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 01-02-2018, 05:13 AM   #23735
I STILL don't get it

So when i went to Vegas I bought my bf some limited edition Highland Mint prints of Lebron and Durant.....both teams have won playoffs. Only 2500 of each print was made, not to mention I bought it on one end of the strip and hauled it all around the fuckin city then home for him lol. Since I gave it to him in July, its been hidden away in the closet.

Contemplating selling it? Would make some decent coin. Dont even think we have space for it anywhere cuz he has alot of framed stuff up already.

What do you basketball fans think?? Should i let it go or what? Lol
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #23736
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
So when i went to Vegas I bought my bf some limited edition Highland Mint prints of Lebron and Durant.....both teams have won playoffs. Only 2500 of each print was made, not to mention I bought it on one end of the strip and hauled it all around the fuckin city then home for him lol. Since I gave it to him in July, its been hidden away in the closet.

Contemplating selling it? Would make some decent coin. Dont even think we have space for it anywhere cuz he has alot of framed stuff up already.

What do you basketball fans think?? Should i let it go or what? Lol
Keep the prints. They might go up in value one day given that Lebron and Durant are superstar players. Just take down some of the older framed staff and put the prints on a wall. Out with the old, in with the new for 2018.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #23737
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Keep the prints. They might go up in value one day given that Lebron and Durant are superstar players. Just take down some of the older framed staff and put the prints on a wall. Out with the old, in with the new for 2018.
True. I forgot they might be worth something later on. All the current framed stuff is all Michael Jordan related so i dont think thats ever coming down hahaha. Bf is a total hoarder and im trying to cut down on all his accumulated "treasures" LOL
Thanks

Last edited by MSREE; 01-02-2018 at 10:36 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #23738
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
And just like that, the winter break is over. School starts tomorrow
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #23739
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
how does woman just turn off feeling like its a faucet?

One day it was i love you, life was good.

Next day… she wants nothing to do with me.

How, how does one do that. Is there a life hack trick to this that I have not learn in the decades i have been alive? an on and off switch hidden somewhere?
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #23740
Throw yo paws in da air!

fuck...

Spoiler!

1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #23741

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post

How, how does one do that. Is there a life hack trick to this that I have not learn in the decades i have been alive? an on and off switch hidden somewhere?
For people who can just walk away, I see it under 2 categories.
1) Emotionally strong type. You cheat, you lie, you do something stupid; NO BS, they walk away, point blank. They cut their ties and drop u like a bad habit.

2) "A dime a dozen" type. Those who can walk away fast is cause they know they can get it easy.

Best way to describe is when you know there are TONS of options out there. Fuck this, I jump ship, onto the next. Similar to when people just quit their job and just walk way; don't give a fuck cause there are tons of jobs out there.

Men don't normally fall under this category cause men are always hunting / looking for a girl, desperately looking for a gf.

THE ONLY time and place men can just point blank walk away; titty bars joints / Thailand type go-go bar places. Girl dance with you all night, you start having a connection and bam, you just walk away cause there are so many prettier girls just around the corner.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #23742
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
For people who can just walk away, I see it under 2 categories.
1) Emotionally strong type. You cheat, you lie, you do something stupid; NO BS, they walk away, point blank. They cut their ties and drop u like a bad habit.

2) "A dime a dozen" type. Those who can walk away fast is cause they know they can get it easy.

Best way to describe is when you know there are TONS of options out there. Fuck this, I jump ship, onto the next. Similar to when people just quit their job and just walk way; don't give a fuck cause there are tons of jobs out there.

Men don't normally fall under this category cause men are always hunting / looking for a girl, desperately looking for a gf.

THE ONLY time and place men can just point blank walk away; titty bars joints / Thailand type go-go bar places. Girl dance with you all night, you start having a connection and bam, you just walk away cause there are so many prettier girls just around the corner.

way to simplify shit. but i have been with girls that can get option and those can't get just have options. its all the same. when it stop it just stops.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:57 AM   #23743
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
way to simplify shit. but i have been with girls that can get option and those can't get just have options. its all the same. when it stop it just stops.
My impression is that a lot of girls are pretty picky.. as in they try not to let themselves really feel that connection completely until they're sure you're what they want
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:12 AM   #23744
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

mostly because people nowadays dont know what real love is lol. love isnt a feeling you get, it's a choice that you make every day. real love isnt conditional and it's not something you just "turn off". if a chick only "loves" you when things are going well, she's not the one and it's not real. you want the one who's gonna stick by you when you have nothing and no one.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:20 PM   #23745
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
When your mom/boss doesn't know when the end of a conversation is. Comes into my room to bitch at me about something work related. Ok that's fine.

Keeps bitching. I'm like OK I got it. Keeps bitching. OK I fucking got it, now leave my fucking room.

She leaves, comes back to bitch again about the same fucking topic that was already discussed. Ends up being a what don't you fucking understand about ok I got it, the conversation is over, to a "just fuck off".

In any other English speaking conversation, you say what you want to say. Other person receives. End of conversation. Ffs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #23746
I STILL don't get it

So I went to a last min interview today from the place that called me back. I had to draw my eyebrows in 3 times.... The first time they look like ( ) LOL second time the color of my pencil was off. The third time I used a stencil from Daiso LOL. Im seriously the worst at this.

Anyways, i was super nervous at the interview as it was my first one since 2014 hahaha. It was for a 3 month contract. They needed Tues start and I said yes but inside I actually was panicking because I felt it was way too soon lol. I ended up not getting it and SURPRISINGLY i was RELIEVED!

It would have been nice financial wise but if theres one thing ive learned from the past year is to always listen to your gut! My body was surely telling me not yet lol. And the search continues i have another interview on Tues at 10am im grateful i got to have the scary first one over with so i know now what to tune up. Its harder this time around since my anxiety is so much worse but as long as i remember everything will happen in time, hopefully im ok.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #23747

^ that is why I keep telling people to go to 2-4 interviews a year to keep ur skills up.

Know what you're worth and always great practice.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:00 PM   #23748
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Meet this girl back in Oct. Short story , it seems she still can't forget her ex even though she knows they have no chance of being together. Yet she still cries over him daily (she came over yesterday for dinner and started crying for 2 hours on and off when we were chatting about it.). One of the reasons she move from Ontario to Vancouver to get away from him. Yet this asshole keeps messaging her on a weekly basis asking how she is doing and even saying if she wants to see him he will come to Vancouver to visit her........ To make things worse he sent her a picture of the dolls they have together when they were still together saying he still have them in his bed every night to remind him of her.... yet he said they can never be together. They can still be friends......

I feel like this dude is toying with her and basically get her to come back to him without doing what he promise her. They almost got marry but the girl wanted to purchase an apartment together at the very least (there are some things she really want him to change). In the end he said he feels fine just renting and he doesn't want to get a mortgage because is too stressful......

I do have feelings for her and want to see if we can go farther. She knows this as well but she also said right now she still misses her ex and can't start a new relationship..... What's weird is that she came over for dinner and chat and cook for me. During new year eve she came over with a bunch of friends and when is time to leave one of my friends offer to give her a ride home but she rather stay overnight. I didn't want to take advantage of her so I let her have the bed and slept on the couch. She was graceful and give me a kiss for not taking advantage of her.

I feel bad for her since she doesn't have a lot of friends in Vancouver and her job hunting isn't exactly going well , cope with her ex keeps messing up her mind and she is having skin allergies. I don't want just leave her alone while she recovers but I don't want her to see me as just a friend. What should I do?

Edit:I feel like even though her ex said he wants to best for her and wants her to be happy I feel like he is doing the exact opposite. Being an asshole and toying with her. Seems like he doesn't even care.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:25 AM   #23749
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Meet this girl back in Oct. Short story , it seems she still can't forget her ex even though she knows they have no chance of being together. Yet she still cries over him daily (she came over yesterday for dinner and started crying for 2 hours on and off when we were chatting about it.). One of the reasons she move from Ontario to Vancouver to get away from him. Yet this asshole keeps messaging her on a weekly basis asking how she is doing and even saying if she wants to see him he will come to Vancouver to visit her........ To make things worse he sent her a picture of the dolls they have together when they were still together saying he still have them in his bed every night to remind him of her.... yet he said they can never be together. They can still be friends......

I feel like this dude is toying with her and basically get her to come back to him without doing what he promise her. They almost got marry but the girl wanted to purchase an apartment together at the very least (there are some things she really want him to change). In the end he said he feels fine just renting and he doesn't want to get a mortgage because is too stressful......

I do have feelings for her and want to see if we can go farther. She knows this as well but she also said right now she still misses her ex and can't start a new relationship..... What's weird is that she came over for dinner and chat and cook for me. During new year eve she came over with a bunch of friends and when is time to leave one of my friends offer to give her a ride home but she rather stay overnight. I didn't want to take advantage of her so I let her have the bed and slept on the couch. She was graceful and give me a kiss for not taking advantage of her.

I feel bad for her since she doesn't have a lot of friends in Vancouver and her job hunting isn't exactly going well , cope with her ex keeps messing up her mind and she is having skin allergies. I don't want just leave her alone while she recovers but I don't want her to see me as just a friend. What should I do?

Edit:I feel like even though her ex said he wants to best for her and wants her to be happy I feel like he is doing the exact opposite. Being an asshole and toying with her. Seems like he doesn't even care.
most phones these days have a "block number" feature and most social media sites also have a "block feature". Suggest you learn these and do it for her.

gl.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:24 AM   #23750
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

She obviously has strong feelings for him still. Sadly there is not much you can do except give it some time, most likely she's sticking around you because she's lonely.