REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #23951
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Bit the bullet and swooped in for her number.

Happened to walk by her store and she was standing right by the entrance, went up to her, made some small talk about work, then asked her again if she had two finals this upcoming week, she confirmed that was the case. I then acknowledged that she would be busy and I wanted her to focus on her finals, and asked if we could get bubble tea together after she’s done finals, she said yes.

I handed my phone to her already on the dial screen, told her we should text instead of using fb message (long story, my buddy was stupid and didn’t initially give her my number). Then I completely derped and asked her to text me, totally not realizing that she doesn’t have my number LOL.

So I texted her and said this better not be Pizza Hut, and told her how I derped
Winner. At least you don't have the sign-reading qualities of a brick, like myself.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:20 PM   #23952
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
I handed my phone to her already on the dial screen, told her we should text instead of using fb message (long story, my buddy was stupid and didn’t initially give her my number).
What's wrong with fb messenger? It's basically the same. I find it easier to talk on fb, I type faster. Oh maybe that's the problem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2018, 09:58 PM   #23953

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
What's wrong with fb messenger? It's basically the same. I find it easier to talk on fb, I type faster. Oh maybe that's the problem.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but texting just feels so much more personal and mysterious to me than going through any social media network.

I don't know about the rest of you, but getting a girl's number feels so much more special than getting her to add you on Facebook or Snapchat.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:44 AM   #23954
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
>old fashioned
>texting is personal

lol.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #23955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
>old fashioned
>texting is personal

lol.
Relative to the aforementioned alternatives
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 04-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #23956
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Only fob girls like traditional shit

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #23957
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Relative to the aforementioned alternatives
doesn't change the fact that texting a girl is considered "old fashioned" and "personal" now.. makes me feel older than i should haha

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #23958
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
I don't know about the rest of you, but getting a girl's number feels so much more special than getting her to add you on Facebook or Snapchat.
truth.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #23959
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Bit the bullet and swooped in for her number.

Happened to walk by her store and she was standing right by the entrance, went up to her, made some small talk about work, then asked her again if she had two finals this upcoming week, she confirmed that was the case. I then acknowledged that she would be busy and I wanted her to focus on her finals, and asked if we could get bubble tea together after she’s done finals, she said yes.

I handed my phone to her already on the dial screen, told her we should text instead of using fb message (long story, my buddy was stupid and didn’t initially give her my number). Then I completely derped and asked her to text me, totally not realizing that she doesn’t have my number LOL.

So I texted her and said this better not be Pizza Hut, and told her how I derped

I swear I was a nervous wreck.

Can you start a new thread for your updates?

I'm too emotionally invested now to key updates buried in this thread.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #23960
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but texting just feels so much more personal and mysterious to me than going through any social media network.

absolutely 100%

tried and true. (well unless some shit happens during texting)

get them to put the number in themselves on your phone

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #23961

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
absolutely 100%

tried and true. (well unless some shit happens during texting)

get them to put the number in themselves on your phone
That’s exactly what I did just handed the phone to her

She’s still terrible at responding to messages, but when she does, as usual, it’s all relevant info and she does give a long reply and answer most of the questions I ask

Gonna try and set a specific date for us to go out and meet for coffee or something.

Being heavily invested in watching Terrace House is giving me too many ideas hahaha

Old 04-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #23962
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:

wtf. old fashioned means you call a person on a rotary dial rather than texting. or you go back further and you fucking morse code the bitch. going even further back, string and two cans, and even further, just hit her in the back of the head with a club.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #23963
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
yes,

bring back the head with a club thing.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #23964
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Ya'll are hipsters.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #23965
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Man... if you're letting that from getting you laid...
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #23966
I STILL don't get it

Does anybody have any juicy stories or what
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #23967
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

RS is dead.

The End.
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #23968
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
Does anybody have any juicy stories or what
I can make up some juicy stories if you want? I'll even make them sound real! You just have to forget that they're made up.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:46 PM   #23969
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I can make up some juicy stories if you want? I'll even make them sound real! You just have to forget that they're made up.
gimmie da juuuuuuiiiice Traum
Old 04-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #23970
I STILL don't get it

Akinari, how's your korean drama love story going ?
i'm also irrationally emotionally invested in your love life
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #23971

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
gimmie da juuuuuuiiiice Traum
Remember this is all made up, but I'll make it sound as real as I possibly can.

The other day I was at H-Mart in Aberdeen, lining up at the check out counter. As I was just waiting, I noticed that 2 persons in front of was a familiar face -- my ex, J, from many, many moons ago. She was having some sort of quibble with the cashier, and she was obviously looking stressed out. I didn't want to call out to her, primiarily because she was already busy & stressed, and that she was a bit of a distance away from me, with additional people / strangers inbetween us. So I just kind of kept looking discretely at the situation, but was really mostly looking at how she is now. We were together in my much younger days, when I have just finished school, but haven't really landed myself any kind of solid employement or steady income. We broke up partly because of this, and through some mutual friends, I found out a few months later that she has started dating another person with a seemingly stable financial basis. At the time, the young and naive me was really stung by the fact that J gave up on me because of my lack of financial stability, even though she had openly admitted that I was the most loving and caring bf that she has ever had up to that point.

So as I kept looking at her, I noticed how generally tired and stressed overall she seemed to be looking. There were strands of loose, stray hair sticking out; she wasn't wearing any make up; her sweat top seemed a bit unkempt, etc. Her transaction appeared to have finally finished, and she took her 2 huge bags of groceries and walked off. I didn't really know what to make of the encountered, and then reality sank in -- the line was moving, and I was supposed to walk forward.

When I've finished paying off my stuff, I walked out into the hallway area right in front of H-Mart / Sura is. It was then when I heard a couple -- a family of 4, really -- where the parents were engaged in some sort of muted but obviously heated argument. One of the kids was running around making noises and doing what a typical kid-not-listening-to-his-parents would do. Another younger little girl was more or less alternating between crying / wailing, and sobbing while holding onto a parent's hand. The father was J's bf after me, and I knew they have gotten married some time, and had popped out a kid, but I didn't know they have had a second since I've basically lost all contact with her. A quick glance gave me the impresison that the father was looking rough -- in the sense that their days have not been the easiest financially, and probably in other capacities as well. Their argument continued, with the father looking unremorseful and agitated, but J was obviously looking strained, upset, and quite stressed out at that point.

My mind blanked out and my heart just kind of ached & clenched. I didn't know what or how I should feel. I just kept walking and headed back to my car.

(to be continued...)
Old 04-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #23972
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Remember this is all made up, but I'll make it sound as real as I possibly can.

The other day I was at H-Mart in Aberdeen, lining up at the check out counter. As I was just waiting, I noticed that 2 persons in front of was a familiar face -- my ex, J, from many, many moons ago. She was having some sort of quibble with the cashier, and she was obviously looking stressed out. I didn't want to call out to her, primiarily because she was already busy & stressed, and that she was a bit of a distance away from me, with additional people / strangers inbetween us. So I just kind of kept looking discretely at the situation, but was really mostly looking at how she is now. We were together in my much younger days, when I have just finished school, but haven't really landed myself any kind of solid employement or steady income. We broke up partly because of this, and through some mutual friends, I found out a few months later that she has started dating another person with a seemingly stable financial basis. At the time, the young and naive me was really stung by the fact that J gave up on me because of my lack of financial stability, even though she had openly admitted that I was the most loving and caring bf that she has ever had up to that point.

So as I kept looking at her, I noticed how generally tired and stressed overall she seemed to be looking. There were strands of loose, stray hair sticking out; she wasn't wearing any make up; her sweat top seemed a bit unkempt, etc. Her transaction appeared to have finally finished, and she took her 2 huge bags of groceries and walked off. I didn't really know what to make of the encountered, and then reality sank in -- the line was moving, and I was supposed to walk forward.

When I've finished paying off my stuff, I walked out into the hallway area right in front of H-Mart / Sura is. It was then when I heard a couple -- a family of 4, really -- where the parents were engaged in some sort of muted but obviously heated argument. One of the kids was running around making noises and doing what a typical kid-not-listening-to-his-parents would do. Another younger little girl was more or less alternating between crying / wailing, and sobbing while holding onto a parent's hand. The father was J's bf after me, and I knew they have gotten married some time, and had popped out a kid, but I didn't know they have had a second since I've basically lost all contact with her. A quick glance gave me the impresison that the father was looking rough -- in the sense that their days have not been the easiest financially, and probably in other capacities as well. Their argument continued, with the father looking unremorseful and agitated, but J was obviously looking strained, upset, and quite stressed out at that point.

My mind blanked out and my heart just kind of ached & clenched. I didn't know what or how I should feel. I just kept walking and headed back to my car.

(to be continued...)
Dont feel bad @ all. She left you for "money". She gave up the happiness you brought her. Too bad you didnt say hi.
Curious what she would have done.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #23973

In the story, I should add that:

As I grew older, I came to understand that most women would tend to have varying degrees of tendency to prefer some sort of financial / living stability. It is just how the female psyche is wired, because they are the ones that are stuck with bearing children for 9 months. Going back to their prehistoric primal instinct, being stuck with child bearing duties for that amount of time means they need spousal support. In the modern mind, that translates into the desire to seek financial / living stability. At least that is how evolutionary psychology would explain it. So nowadays, I do not blame J one bit for what has happened.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:55 PM   #23974
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
^ I'm guessing you're a single guy right now... or do you also have 2 kids also.

I'm single as fuck and happy; I see married people / couples totally changed from good looking to "being hit by a bus". I can't judge as I don't have kids at all; and I'm so scared when that day comes, my wife and I will turn old super fast too.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #23975
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Are you happy that she left?
You seem happier. Iono
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote