REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #23976
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
Does anybody have any juicy stories or what

Old 04-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #23977
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Quote:
Akinari, how's your korean drama love story going ?
i'm also irrationally emotionally invested in your love life
Long story short, doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

After some back and forth conversation, attempted to meet her in person to set a specific date to meet up, but she had finals so she wouldn't be working till Friday (I asked her on Monday when she'd be working), which is the day I wanted to meet up with her.

So I figured I'd call her instead, didn't pick up, texted back 7hrs later saying "what's up?" and that she's not a call person and would prefer if I texted, so I did.

Texted her asking what she was doing after work on Friday, was told she was hanging out with her sister, she asked again "why what's up?", so I said since we talked about getting bbt together, I was wondering if she'd like to meet up Friday after she was off work, or grab lunch/dinner if she was hungry.

No response, even though I replied immediately after she texted back. I thought well fair enough, she did tell me earlier that she was having a hard time with studying, I can totally understand that, plus she had two finals back-to-back.

The next morning, I texted her good luck with finals.

It's been 48hrs and no response, so at this point I'm not expecting much.

The deadline I've given myself is tomorrow night. If she hasn't texted me back then I'm just gonna drop it, not worth my time or energy to continue pursuing if she's not interested.

EDIT: also this is probably for the better, as I made an amazing(ly lame) music reference (she said lived briefly in Norwich ON) that I thought was absolutely perfect ("wow you're a legit small town girl, have you ever taken the midnight train going anywhere?) but not only did she not comment on it at all, when I called her out for not commenting she gave a super non-genuine response that basically implied that she didn't get it
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back

Last edited by Akinari; 04-12-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #23978
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Haven't done a SIO in a while and I was feeling pretty content in life.

Started a new job a couple months ago and it feels good to finally have a life again. Was able to better myself mentally, physically, and financially. Went on a few dates through tinder this month and while I've felt that they were attracted to me, I simply dont feel the same. It's a weird feeling now that I'm no longer the one that's getting rejected. I've also noticed that being single actually gives you so much more freedom . Starting to appreciate that more now.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 12:54 AM   #23979
I STILL don't get it

Traum man, my heart strings. Are you sure the story is made up???? Sounds pretty legit in this day and age with the need for financial stability???? Still.. My heart... i cry.

TOs'd, what is your juicy story? Out with it!

Akinari, first off who the fuck doesnt get that music reference?????? Even if shes young....theres still Pitch Perfect lol. And yeah if she doesnt text back in the words of my idol Big Sean.... Fuk dat bitch (respectfully). Theres plenty of girls and spring is just around the corner. Summer is the best time to get your flirt on *a tear for the long term relationships*

Btw thanks for indulging me, bros. I need the gossip to fuel me for house chores
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #23980

Quote:
Akinari, first off who the fuck doesnt get that music reference?????? Even if shes young....theres still Pitch Perfect lol. And yeah if she doesnt text back in the words of my idol Big Sean.... Fuk dat bitch (respectfully). Theres plenty of girls and spring is just around the corner. Summer is the best time to get your flirt on *a tear for the long term relationships*
Thing is, it just happened by chance that this girl kinda walked into my life, then immediately walked out

Otherwise I'm not actually looking for anything remotely resembling a serious relationship right now. Just want to put myself out there like I've never done before, meet a bunch of great people, drinks lots of coffee and beer, and see where life leads me. If life wants me to get back into a relationship, then so be it.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 04-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #23981
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts
I dont frequent this often, but damn Traum

thats in the feels.

but im sure after the break up, you've become a better/ different / more succesful person.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #23982
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Should've revved your lambo in front of her Traum.
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #23983
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,792 Times in 3,326 Posts
as dark as it sounds "living well is the best revenge"

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #23984
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
---

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:32 AM.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 12:23 PM   #23985

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Walk away!

shes not into you, and you're starting to look creepy

you're trying too hard
I really hate it when people see things that way, saying us guys look creepy when we're just trying to reach out and meet people. I'm very certain I did not overstep any boundaries, even more so after getting input from both male and female friends. I know I did my best to try and reach out, and clearly the result was not in my favour, so I'm walking away. Not a big deal to me.

People like you who say things like that are just reinforcing male insecurities about meeting people, like what Cornering is experiencing right now.

This is not about me getting defensive, trust me at this current point in time I couldn't care less about how others see me.

Come on man.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #23986

^ Fuckin' slut.

dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-14-2018, 07:06 AM   #23987

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I'll join on the beer too. In fact, I got first round.
You still owe me one for the Gin and something we had at cactus when you bounced early shit was 9$ not 5 LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
^ Fuckin' slut.

Its true he is a complete man slut
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey

Last edited by kross9; 04-14-2018 at 07:25 AM.
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #23988
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
I really hate it when people see things that way, saying us guys look creepy when we're just trying to reach out and meet people. I'm very certain I did not overstep any boundaries, even more so after getting input from both male and female friends. I know I did my best to try and reach out, and clearly the result was not in my favour, so I'm walking away. Not a big deal to me.

People like you who say things like that are just reinforcing male insecurities about meeting people, like what Cornering is experiencing right now.

This is not about me getting defensive, trust me at this current point in time I couldn't care less about how others see me.

Come on man.
You should put yourself in her shoes, would you feel creeped out if someone messaged you so much? personally i would because i've done it before and looking back man was i clingy for attention.

There's a difference between, being initiative and desperate. From what i've read you're leaning more to the desperate side, then again i'm bad at this stuff.
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)

Last edited by EvoLove; 04-15-2018 at 09:07 AM.
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2018, 01:34 PM   #23989

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLove View Post
You should put yourself in her shoes, would you feel creeped out if someone messaged you so much? personally i would because i've done it before and looking back man was i clingy for attention.

There's a difference between, being initiative and desperate. From what i've read you're leaning more to the desperate side, then again i'm bad at this stuff.

when i was younger in my teens i only did this without realizing it over msn messenger....i got the sign hard when she flat out said "Why Do You Always Text me?".....Remember that shit when it popped up on your right hand screen is and you could instantly open a chat window...thats what i kept doing

i swear its stupid as shit to try spend your time with someone who doesn't value it in the slightest...Lesson learned,move on.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 04-15-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #23990
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Haven't done a SIO in a while and I was feeling pretty content in life.

Started a new job a couple months ago and it feels good to finally have a life again. Was able to better myself mentally, physically, and financially. Went on a few dates through tinder this month and while I've felt that they were attracted to me, I simply dont feel the same. It's a weird feeling now that I'm no longer the one that's getting rejected. I've also noticed that being single actually gives you so much more freedom . Starting to appreciate that more now.
I actually got promoted recently. They didn't even ask me first, just hired my replacement first, texted me and that was it.

I make quite a bit more ($50 more per day) but actually have to focus on my work now. Didn't really want the new position but I'm getting the hang of it. I just get older now and have lost interest in climbing the employment ladder. I make enough to pay the bills so I'd rather have free time to enjoy my hobbies.

What can I say? Being single is addicting. Now to decide what to do with the additional money that'll just get parked since I live a cheap ass lifestyle (grew up lower middle class).

I still lust for a V8 RWD sedan
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #23991
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
I really hate it when people see things that way, saying us guys look creepy when we're just trying to reach out and meet people.
That's a very "Vancouver" mentality unfortunately with a lot of the women in town. No wonder we are known across Canada for our shitty dating culture....
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #23992
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
IMHO, putting in effort doesn't work. Just do something simple like go for coffee. If you can get that far, you're halfway there. Get their contact info, and don't contact them for a few days. Then, set up a date, and you're good to go. Also, don't text back and forth if you want to have stuff to talk about when you're on the date.
Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #23993
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
You still owe me one for the Gin and something we had at cactus when you bounced early shit was 9$ not 5 LOL
LMAO oh yeah I totally forgot about that hahaha

Also, the rare times when I think EvoLove is right, something is definitely fucked up. Akinari, sorry man. I know you'll bounce back up real quick but probably best to forget about this girl you're texting/seeing at the nearby store and ignore her future texts too. Those texts are stringing you along and wasting your time.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2018, 03:55 PM   #23994
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 1,048 Posts
"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

It's how I managed to get to a second date (and only that far because I'm a complete retard) when online dating actually worked for me for a bit. Arcade first, then food/coffee. Unfortunately, even in my limited experience, this girl has her priorities elsewhere. Still better than what I attempted, though. Of course, Presto got it right, talking too much before meeting is grounds to make shit awkward. Someone offering 20 questions is making a huge mistake.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:49 PM   #23995

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
Also, the rare times when I think EvoLove is right, something is definitely fucked up. Akinari, sorry man. I know you'll bounce back up real quick but probably best to forget about this girl you're texting/seeing at the nearby store and ignore her future texts too. Those texts are stringing you along and wasting your time.
She's already dead to me...

...especially since I have a few dates already set up with other people

This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2018, 12:34 AM   #23996
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I think it's sometimes difficult meeting new people in Vancouver, some people are very cliquey. Maybe it's just me
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2018, 06:02 AM   #23997
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
I think it's sometimes difficult meeting new people in Vancouver, some people are very cliquey. Maybe it's just me
Trust me is not you. People in Vancouver tend to just stay in their group of friends. If takes a while to break into them. Even when I was traveling to China and Japan people are actually more friendly and more willing to speak to you.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #23998
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Girls in Vancouver are funny.

They flaunt their goods any chance they get but the moment you speak with them, they run to their safe space since they can't handle conversation beyond emoji spam and broken text speak.

I generalize but we all know it's true.

#metoo
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #23999
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

4 months ago chatting with my Manager

--Me: Hey so 2 Sr.'s left our team and now I'm taking on all of their work, I'd like to be promoted to a Sr.
--Manager: *laughs and walks away*
--Me:

After that I said fuck it and left the company for a new job

Today...

Still receiving texts from ex co-workers and ex manager for help. LOL should've paid me more or given me a promotion

Last edited by Kamui712; 04-19-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:48 PM   #24000
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
^ LOVE it. just amazing how companies do not appreciate their staff until it's too late. Loyalty is only valuable if people sticks it out.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: