REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #23876
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
I tried counseling. Couldn't open up to them because I can't trust them. That same issue is why everyone new I meet gets pushed away.
that's kinda ironic; you open up to a bunch of strangers on the RS forum. why pay counselors at all?

ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2018, 11:49 PM   #23877
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,103 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
that's kinda ironic; you open up to a bunch of strangers on the RS forum. why pay counselors at all?
Don't be so harsh. Some find it hard to open up to counselors as they are strangers. Letting the shit spill online is another form of venting.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:28 PM   #23878
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Don't be so harsh. Some find it hard to open up to counselors as they are strangers. Letting the shit spill online is another form of venting.
Didn't mean for that to be harsh or facetious.

I gotta admit that I went to a psychologist as well and had mommy issues as well. I could have told anyone straight up that talking to people who are near and dear to you, like friends and relatives beats paying some person who's qualified on paper, but who will never, ever truly know your backstory; it's a waste of money.

But then he's trying stuff out so power to him for trying to fix the issues. Figure out works for you, corner, then do more of that to take your mind off shit. Life is a lot easier when you have less fucks to give.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:40 PM   #23879
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
Didn't mean for that to be harsh or facetious.

I gotta admit that I went to a psychologist as well and had mommy issues as well. I could have told anyone straight up that talking to people who are near and dear to you, like friends and relatives beats paying some person who's qualified on paper, but who will never, ever truly know your backstory; it's a waste of money.

But then he's trying stuff out so power to him for trying to fix the issues. Figure out works for you, corner, then do more of that to take your mind off shit. Life is a lot easier when you have less fucks to give.
i think your psychologist was trash then.

cause the one I went to when dealing with high stress from workplace, death in the family (long drawn out cancer), and lost of drive and motivation, I went to a professional that gave me a different perspective. Something that I could not obtain from family or friends. I didn't want to place that burden on them, and want them to "truly" know how I feel.

I went there to grieve and to use external support cause I knew I had to be strong for those around me in these difficult times.

They'll know the backstory, if you take the time to let them in, and communicate with them.

Just putting this out there as to not deter anyone from seeking professional counseling if you are going through some sht..
Gh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #23880
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Good thing parenting is a long way down for me, evidently I'm not ready for this shit.

My 15 y/o brother's such a retard. He's like "so my friend asked me to climb a bridge and take pics with him". Then he gets upset that I yelled at him. No shit I'm yelling at you, what kind of retard climbs a fucking bridge, when there's a risk of death, FOR FUCKING INSTAGRAM LIKES. Kids are so stupid these days.

I remember having a discussion/debate amongst my peers in Grade 9/10 about the negative impacts of social (not really increasing social attempts) media. Seems like all kids these days care too much about their image on social media and how "cool" they are.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #23881
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
LOL~

It's how kids are, and have always been. The only difference is the platform on which they express / expose themselves is now different than what we were used to. Having IG and SnapChat now just makes it easier to show more people about the idiot teen stuff they do now.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2018, 12:47 PM   #23882

So ultimately, teens have always done things because they thought it would be a cool thing to do. That's fine. I think I'm not okay with the fact that people are doing stupid shit FOR likes on IG.

Man I have so much respect for you guys that are parents.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #23883

LOL~

What I'm saying is, IG or whatever is just a means to get greater exposure. If IG wasn't there, teens are still going to do the same thing for likes / kudos / cheers etc. from their friends, except that those friends will probably be there in person. Or maybe if they're not all there in person, in your lil' brother's case, he'll be the support guy / wingman there, and his friend will be the one pulling the hijinks. Afterwards, your brother will be the human form of IG to spread the word around to make his friend look cool.

Kids and teens will always be kids and teens. There is really no difference in the nature of stupid stuff they do. Youth is meant to be wasted on the young.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #23884

Damn... Adulting sux...
Old 03-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #23885
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Any recommendations for a good coffee/drinks location in Richmond to meet someone for the first time and chat? (Richmond for convience)
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:48 PM   #23886

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Any recommendations for a good coffee/drinks location in Richmond to meet someone for the first time and chat? (Richmond for convience)
Blenz garden City, Chatime garden City/Alexandra, waves at London drugs on #3,

On a good day:
waves or Rocanini (if you're into that basic bitch thing) in steveston.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2018, 03:57 PM   #23887
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Tims on 3 and cambie and go for walk on dike

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #23888
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
----

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:43 AM.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #23889
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Good thing parenting is a long way down for me, evidently I'm not ready for this shit.

My 15 y/o brother's such a retard. He's like "so my friend asked me to climb a bridge and take pics with him". Then he gets upset that I yelled at him. No shit I'm yelling at you, what kind of retard climbs a fucking bridge, when there's a risk of death, FOR FUCKING INSTAGRAM LIKES. Kids are so stupid these days.

I remember having a discussion/debate amongst my peers in Grade 9/10 about the negative impacts of social (not really increasing social attempts) media. Seems like all kids these days care too much about their image on social media and how "cool" they are.
I graduated high school in 2001, shortly before social media. Hell, most kids didn't even have a cell phone then.

They still did the same stupid shit.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #23890
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
RIP friend.

Makes me realize to live life to the fullest because you never know when that day may be your last day.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #23891
ZN6

Quote:
Cafe Savoureux Coffee Shop Capstan way
Old 03-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #23892

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
waiting on story......
Pk no updates?
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:31 PM   #23893
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

W
FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:34 PM   #23894

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I've come to the realization that I should probably be single and just go out and meet people and make more friends through coffee or whatever.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #23895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
I've come to the realization that I should probably be single and just go out and meet people and make more friends through coffee or whatever.
Have you considered travelling?
Old 03-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #23896
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
---

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:44 AM.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2018, 02:35 PM   #23897

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
updates with my love life? nothing!

Broke up with her for good in January
I always told myself that she doesn't understand me on the deep level that i needed her too.
but then she said something and it was the deepest understanding she has ever had of me, and she was right about it
she said "You don't really like me that much" when she said that I actually felt relieved.
There was something missing in her and I couldn't pinpoint it (still can't)

On paper she was perfect. but in reality I wasn't in love with her. I didn't have that click with her.

maybe I'm just looking for the wrong thing. I grew up thinking love would be this magical thing and with her, i didn't feel any magic.
Maybe the media has just fucked me into planting this image of love in my head that doesn't exist.
just another hopeless romantic. Eventually, youll find the perfect one.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2018, 03:28 PM   #23898

I think I failed the course again. Fuck my test anxiety. The irony is that I'm in that industry and I don't have issues at work.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2018, 11:48 PM   #23899

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
Have you considered travelling?
I definitely have.

My goal was when I was finished with my Element build, I would start saving up for a lengthy Asia trip with my ex gf. Then I broke up with my ex, and then my Element got totaled literally the day after I considered my build complete, and then I got together with my current gf, so that's three wrenches thrown into my initial plan.

Had to use my vacation savings to get my shit back together, get another car (and subsequent build), and now that I'm thinking of ending things with the gf, and I graduate from 6 years of undergrad in literally a week, I can seriously realistically start looking at travelling which I currently have planned for 2020 for the Tokyo Summer Olympics.

I've been talking recently with my closest friends and coworkers about my situation, and how I really need time by myself, with friends, just to catch up and talk over beer or dinner or what not. I've come to the realization now that I'm nearly 24, that it's impossible for me to truly appreciate and love anyone else if I don't appreciate and love myself as much as I should, and I'm almost becoming closer with my family again.

I took a look at myself in the mirror last night before I showered, I was honestly pretty disgusted by what I saw, goals that I've set for myself haven't been achieved yet, both in my personal and professional life, and my physical condition is nowhere near where I want it to be.

So for April, my birthday month, I've promised myself that I'm going to learn to love myself more, treat myself right, and just put myself out there and live my life without any regrets, whether that means hanging out by myself, hitting the gym as much as I possibly can, eating healthy, ending the relationship I'm in right now that I'm unhappy with, and heck I wouldn't even be against meeting girls to go out for dates or coffee or whatever theoretically speaking.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back

Last edited by Akinari; 03-31-2018 at 11:53 PM.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2018, 07:33 AM   #23900
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Uggh i want to go travel again... Went back to China for New years and had the time of my life, now i want it back.
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote