REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-19-2018, 10:26 PM   #24001
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,425 Times in 920 Posts
What did you do @Kamui

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:29 PM   #24002
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
4 months ago chatting with my Manager

--Me: Hey so 2 Sr.'s left our team and now I'm taking on all of their work, I'd like to be promoted to a Sr.
--Manager: *laughs and walks away*
--Me:

After that I said fuck it and left the company for a new job

Today...

Still receiving texts from ex co-workers and ex manager for help. LOL should've paid me more or given me a promotion

Same thing happened to me. I stepped up. Didnt get any credit for it. Except pat on the back.

I walked out. Then quit. Felt great. Unfortunately I haven't found work and it's been 4 months and counting.

Talking to ex co-workers. They need more skilled workers and strong leader. I told em. I'm done with that place.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #24003
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Same thing happened to me. I stepped up. Didnt get any credit for it. Except pat on the back.

I walked out. Then quit. Felt great. Unfortunately I haven't found work and it's been 4 months and counting.

Talking to ex co-workers. They need more skilled workers and strong leader. I told em. I'm done with that place.
just did the same thing.

second time for me actually with the same company.

all my ex-coworkers were telling me they were drowning and needed a strong leader to help them outta it. all the mangers said "we were good"

came back for a bit helped them around and got dicked around.

finally left that place on monday for good
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:07 AM   #24004

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
just did the same thing.

second time for me actually with the same company.

all my ex-coworkers were telling me they were drowning and needed a strong leader to help them outta it. all the mangers said "we were good"

finally left that place on monday for good
Nice. Yeah nothing worse then going to a job you dislike.
I learned alot though. Never be loyal to a company
Old 04-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #24005
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post

It is a two headed sword. I'm not picking on you; just a statement in general Some people say
1) "I stepped up"; that was 1 time for 1 freaking week, ain't no body going to be giving you a raise.
2) "I'm doing their job, I should be a manager"; it also tough for 2 reasons. a) not all corp companies can just promote you and b) you might be doing 80% of a manager's day to day job; the other 20%, you still gotta prove in a time frame for them to recognize. Eg// sometimes it'll have to be 6-12 months before you MIGHT get sometime.

I'm going thru it now. Stepped up / volun-told for now 1.5 yrs now. It's ok, just suck it up, the day will come.

Sorry to hear about this. Again, for those who walked out; I assume you have a solid background, tenure, connections etc to do so. Of course if you're just a 8-5 worker with minimal experience and you don't know your landscape of your industry, finding something is going to be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
once you left you can't go back. that's the message. All respect is lost once you go back.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #24006
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,318 Times in 2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I'm going thru it now. Stepped up / volun-told for now 1.5 yrs now. It's ok, just suck it up, the day will come.
Kudos to you for stepping up. But in your case, if you've "stepped up" for a solid 1.5 yrs already, and nothing has changed (ie. you're still working under the more junior title while taking on the more senior duties), then at a minimum, I suggest you talk to your superiors about this. If you don't let them know this is not OK, you're basically allowing them to short change you. Sometimes, the higher ups might be genuinely oblivious to how you have taken on additional responsibilities beyond your pay grade. Other times, they are consciously ripping you off. After 1.5 yrs, you deserve to go find out yourself, and at least make them aware that you are aware of this, and you want to be rewarded for your extra efforts.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #24007
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

@all, to clarify. I didn't pack my bags over night and quit. I immediately started networking, upgrading my skills and applying to different jobs.

I quit AFTER signing a contract with a new employer.

Please don't quit your job based on my story. Always have a plan.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #24008
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^+1
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #24009
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Girls in Vancouver are funny.

They flaunt their goods any chance they get but the moment you speak with them, they run to their safe space since they can't handle conversation beyond emoji spam and broken text speak.

I generalize but we all know it's true.

#metoo
or you could be 25 and still staying with parents and Princesses don't like that at all you don't have full independence with own house & don't drive 2 cars.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #24010

Thanked 4,559 Times in 1,524 Posts
The "Vancouver girls" are bred like that from a young age. Obviously, those that immigrated from Mainland China/Hong Kong with a rich family have outrageous expectations.

Went out for a cruise a couple month ago, last one of the season. Spotted a friend of mine on Seymour, who was with his girlfriend AND his girlfriend's best friend ( L O L ). Friend was driving his girlfriend's parent's e90 325i, which gf's friend didn't approve of. They met up with all of us, and the first thing that girl asked was who has the fastest car, and can she get a ride back to richmond, bc the car she came in is "too slow". We all said, "S2K is the fastest car" but she thought it was my 330ci bc BMW. She ended up getting a ride back in my car, but she didn't talk the entire time lmao.

Later I found out that she was bitching at my friend while gf was in the car. "You don't deserve to date my best friend, if you don't own your own BMW. Look at your friend, he has his own BMW."

Little does she know, it was only 5.6K LOL Needless to say, I don't remember her name LOL.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #24011
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I've been dating this girl for 2 months. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this new relationship already.
I come from a working class family. I learned few weeks after our first date that our economic backgrounds are quite different. I make ends meet with my salary - but she makes quite a bit more than I do, with the opportunity to double my income over the next few years. Income aside, her family is quite wealthy. It makes me feel embarrassed and overwhelmed because I can't keep up with her lifestyle. She doesn't exactly live frugally but she definitely does not flaunt herself.
We went out for lunch the other day at a restaurant she really likes. I've never been there. The bill came out to $130 before tips -- at a Chinese restaurant! We didn't even order drinks. Never in my entire life have I spent over 40 bucks for a lunch meal. She paid it but she said this amount is common when she hangs out with her friends for a meal. It was a real eye opener for me to realize the difference in the way we spend our money. I know I should check my ego at the door but I don't know how I could keep up with her lifestyle. I could probably and will have to stomach the fact that she is the breadwinner in the relationship but it it isn't easy.

Last edited by jinxcrusader; 04-20-2018 at 06:51 PM.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #24012
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,428 Times in 483 Posts

Last edited by Fafine; 04-20-2018 at 06:58 PM.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #24013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
It is a two headed sword. I'm not picking on you; just a statement in general Some people say
1) "I stepped up"; that was 1 time for 1 freaking week, ain't no body going to be giving you a raise.
2) "I'm doing their job, I should be a manager"; it also tough for 2 reasons. a) not all corp companies can just promote you and b) you might be doing 80% of a manager's day to day job; the other 20%, you still gotta prove in a time frame for them to recognize. Eg// sometimes it'll have to be 6-12 months before you MIGHT get sometime.

Sorry to hear about this. Again, for those who walked out; I assume you have a solid background, tenure, connections etc to do so. Of course if you're just a 8-5 worker with minimal experience and you don't know your landscape of your industry, finding something is going to be tough.

once you left you can't go back. that's the message. All respect is lost once you go back.
i totally agree with you. i didnt mention. i stepped up for 5-8 years straight. they kept hiring outside. i didnt leave because i didnt know which career i wanted to take. plus i had it good there. i just wished i left sooner haha.

lesson i will never forget
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #24014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxcrusader View Post
I've been dating this girl for 2 months. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by this new relationship already.
I come from a working class family. I learned few weeks after our first date that our economic backgrounds are quite different. I make ends meet with my salary - but she makes quite a bit more than I do, with the opportunity to double my income over the next few years. Income aside, her family is quite wealthy. It makes me feel embarrassed and overwhelmed because I can't keep up with her lifestyle. She doesn't exactly live frugally but she definitely does not flaunt herself.
We went out for lunch the other day at a restaurant she really likes. I've never been there. The bill came out to $130 before tips -- at a Chinese restaurant! We didn't even order drinks. Never in my entire life have I spent over 40 bucks for a lunch meal. She paid it but she said this amount is common when she hangs out with her friends for a meal. It was a real eye opener for me to realize the difference in the way we spend our money. I know I should check my ego at the door but I don't know how I could keep up with her lifestyle. I could probably and will have to stomach the fact that she is the breadwinner in the relationship but it it isn't easy.
give it some more time?
seems like you feel less manlier because she makes more. but hey. what normal guy wouldnt?
if the love is there and she doesnt care about the way you live, then keep her. very rare in Vancouver for a girl to keep a guy around that makes less mooola.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #24015
God of Unce

jinx is a giggalo
Old 04-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #24016
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
I was sorta in your position a few months back, i make enough where i don't have to be frugal but i was seeing this girl and the differences between our family's was hard since her parents are phd graduates and they make substantially more, while my parents are self-made village folks with china gr 2/3 education (not to seem ungrateful, i'm proud to have them).
Her parents had wanted to meet me so we set everything up and had dinner. It was a whole new kind of awkward since they questioned me on everything, i've had to meet parents before but this was next level shit... when all the questions were done and i offered to pay for dinner, they refused it which was okay, but the way they refused it was kinda offending because they belittled me and my family... i don't understand why since i'm currently pursuing a bachelors with a major in finance, I showed up for dinner well dressed and in the bimmer also since it was the first time meeting them and i wanted to give them a good impression, i even brought out the gold AX...

The Girl figured i was offended/hurt so we went for dessert and some shopping to fix my bruised ego, even let me pay.

Maybe they wanted to see a Ferrari
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #24017

Quote:
I don't know how I could keep up with her lifestyle. I could probably and will have to stomach the fact that she is the breadwinner in the relationship but it it isn't easy.
Yup. It just gets harder and harder. It won't really work to be honest. Unless you swallow your pride and the girl truly understands. I was making close to 6 figures many years ago; dated a girl who's family was multi millionaires.
While she works as a gov't worker, lifestyle of food, shopping, traveling, home payments were way beyond my reach.

I earn hard for my money and saved a heck of a long time until I got my first car, motorcycle, luxurious vacation etc. Then you got a significant other who would just go on a 5k trek, buys a motorcycle out of the blue.....

Sometimes it's just not meant to be.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #24018
I STILL don't get it

Interesting lol i dont get that about families wanting a wealthy partner? How much money you make and the car you drive doesnt say anything about what kind of person you are?

You can be rich, drive a Ferrari and still be a dick lol
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 06:29 PM   #24019

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
yeah i thought that was fucked up too...are you guys asian?..srs question..

i legit met white girls who's folks owned hotels around the globe and she was the most down to earth regular person i've knew...didn't give a shit to ask such personal questions of wealth or make instant judgments on the spot.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #24020
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
^ that’s the impression I get from white folk parents too.

Asian is really a few notch above for expectations

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #24021

Yes I'm asian. They are retarded when it comes to
1) my kids needs to be married by 25 or else they are failures (Taiwan, China, HK included).
2) Money is everything. It means my daughter will be well taken cared of.
3) Girl gets married and thought it was unicorns and rainbows. BAM, didn't realize just cause he has money, doesn't mean they family money is theirs.
4) The girl got divorced shortly.

*Last note, GUYS with money will spend it on hookers & cheat like there's no tomorrow. I know a boat load of husbands with money and the party like there is no tomorrow. Wife closes a blind eye and hopes to be able to just live the lifestyle of doing nothing.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #24022
I STILL don't get it

Tired of cleaning up after my bf when he has a bunch of priorities that come before me/his home on his days off (gym, video editing, skateboarding, posting on ig)
Its like he just comes up with new ways to leave the house and leave me to clean up his shit ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME.

If you can show off for instagram to get followers and likes, why cant you clean your own apartment you lazy +*××÷$&#@%/÷=

How do you get guys to clean?
Im super unhappy and feel like hes treating me like a maid......that doesnt get paid
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #24023

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
Tired of cleaning up after my bf when he has a bunch of priorities that come before me/his home on his days off (gym, video editing, skateboarding, posting on ig)
Its like he just comes up with new ways to leave the house and leave me to clean up his shit ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME.

If you can show off for instagram to get followers and likes, why cant you clean your own apartment you lazy +*××÷$&#@%/÷=

How do you get guys to clean?
Im super unhappy and feel like hes treating me like a maid......that doesnt get paid
He doesnt clean because your cleaning. Once you stop. Hopefully hell get his shot together. Your not his mother. Your his S.o
Old 04-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #24024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
yeah i thought that was fucked up too...are you guys asian?..srs question..

i legit met white girls who's folks owned hotels around the globe and she was the most down to earth regular person i've knew...didn't give a shit to ask such personal questions of wealth or make instant judgments on the spot.
Yea. White girls rock man. When I met mine. She was broke and a mess. Didnt have a path. She grew over the years. Now I'm broke and a mess and jobless. And now she taking care of me. No questions asked. And the sex is just crazier too. Haha
Old 04-24-2018, 09:07 AM   #24025
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
All of the posts above are exactly why I gave up on dating Asian women.

Maybe I just had bad luck, but every Asian girl I dated was very impulsive, materialistic, and had very unrealistic expectations. Not to mention a lot of them are very disloyal especially if money or status is a deciding factor. A lot of the ones I've met had no goals or ambitions in life, basically just wanted to party their way through their life and have some guy pay for it all.

One too many negative experiences and I started dating white girls. As a culture, I find that they have more realistic expectations, they are down to help you reach your goals, very caring and kind, down to earth and not materialistic at all.... and the booty too. So much booty. You've never lived until you've cuddled with a thick white girl. Bomb AF!

P.S: As a Filipino guy I never realized how racist Asian families can be, especially Chinese people. For all the generalizations regarding how "only White people can be racist" I can honestly say I've never been discriminated against by Whites as I have by Chinese....

Last edited by Tone Loc; 04-24-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: