REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #476
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

My first job in highschool was at triple o's @ pacific coliseum for PNE. ALWAYS ask for packets of ketchup. We ran out of ketchup @ the pump thing so I was going to refill it. I screw off the pump top and look into the tube that draws the ketchup out of the container and it was FILLED with bugs. Those things rarely get cleaned and are always just refilled.

Also, while I was working there, the health inspectors were on our ass cause there was no hand soap nor dish soap at the sink. Things just got rinsed if they weren't going into the dishwasher
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
November is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #477
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
when i used to work at the panago call centre and you were waiting to order, you were usually on mute because i was too busy talking to a coworker or i'd tell you to hold so i could talk to my coworker haha
when were you at panago? do you remember the internet hack?

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #478
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by November View Post
My first job in highschool was at triple o's @ pacific coliseum for PNE. ALWAYS ask for packets of ketchup. We ran out of ketchup @ the pump thing so I was going to refill it. I screw off the pump top and look into the tube that draws the ketchup out of the container and it was FILLED with bugs. Those things rarely get cleaned and are always just refilled.

Also, while I was working there, the health inspectors were on our ass cause there was no hand soap nor dish soap at the sink. Things just got rinsed if they weren't going into the dishwasher
Posted via RS Mobile

I used to work at the coliseum too (7-8 years), but where I worked, we always pulled pumps apart to wash them and always rotated food items. So no incidences there.

Triple O is sick tho. Nobody wanted to clean, just wanted to get out as fast as possible.

Because of this place, I wanted to become a health inspector.. hahah
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #479
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Dont worry no one thought you paid for those DB tattoos with hard earned honest money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I'm disappointed that 15 years ago I did something that makes you have less respect for me now.
Sorry bud never came across a bill. Bills are usually kept in wallets and don't get tossed around the interior of cars to be forgotten about or sucked up by vacuum cleaners.....

Berz out.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #480
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutozamAZ-3 View Post
when were you at panago? do you remember the internet hack?
Internet hack? Wonder if there's such thing in the normal stores
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #481
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Few things that I remember while working at Playland..

- We don't get stat pay (only stat pay I was eligible for was labour day but didn't get any)
- During fair, I knew a few ride attendants that would pocket some tickets
- Whenever our rides had no people, phones were being pulled out left, right and center
Posted via RS Mobile
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #482
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

If you rename a file to have the extension as my name, the icon changes to a picture of my face. Likewise with a couple programmers that were around way back then.

The easter egg has been live for at least 5-6 years.

EDIT: SHIT, it got dropped in our redesign last month. Just tested it
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #483
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
If you rename a file to have the extension as my name, the icon changes to a picture of my face. Likewise with a couple programmers that were around way back then.

The easter egg has been live for at least 5-6 years.

EDIT: SHIT, it got dropped in our redesign last month. Just tested it
...?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #484
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
why waste people's time? If you are a lazy worker just say whatever's on the shelf is all we got.
People will say can you check the back?
You could say I know what's in the back I sort that shit all day.
People will still ask you to check.
If you come back too fast they will say you didn't look.
Usually the only way to satisfy people is to go to the back and goof off for 5 mins and then come back out out of breath like you just searched the whole warehouse for a box of cereal.
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #485
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
When I worked at PNE/Playland.. I knew people who pocketed ~$100-$200 a night working at those cotton candy stands..

Nat Bailey Stadium, concession was typical burgers/hotdogs that's been there for however long until they sold. Nothing new here..

"Fresh-cut" deli meats at grocery stores tend to stay in the display case as long as it takes to sell.. days, weeks, months... You're usually safe if you're just after the "normal" stuff like ham, roast beef, turkey, etc.

Earls on Broadway and Fir.. Most ridiculous place I've ever worked. People's behavior made me sick. Don't eat at this one. Just.. don't. Ever.
Every time a customer had any honest simple request - for a different spoon because theirs was dirty, or to heat up their soup a little more.. they will mess with your food. I've even seen managers do it and laugh with the workers. Given this was maybe about 4 years since I've worked there, so maybe things have changed. But I still sure as hell am never going back there. If you're ever forced to go there for a party or something alike, just be as kind as possible, and don't ever send food back. Even a wrong look at a waiter can get you some sort of body fluid in your food. Oh, and keep your receipts and match your credit card statements too. They'll change your tip amount. (Not sure if they switched to the wireless card machine now.)

Chemical levels in any swimming pool/hot tub is almost impossible to keep in the right range. Always, always, always shower with shampoo/soap immediately after you come out of the pool.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 07-28-2011 at 08:21 AM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #486
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Whenever I am tired and a customer asks for something. I just walk around the back and say we don't have it in stock yet and make up a random day we will get it.
TRDeol is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #487
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
^ when I worked at play land for the alligator game, we had to pocket some money. It was the rainiest season and one of the days I only made $2 commission for a 13 hour day. We only got paid in commission and the manager rips us off.

Win a prize every time. That was 7 years ago.
Posted via RS Mobile
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #488
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

So I went there sent the food back three times then told them i'd pay only if the guy that came out had a taste of the food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
Earls on Broadway and Fir.. Most ridiculous place I've ever worked. People's behavior made me sick. Don't eat at this one. Just.. don't. Ever.
Every time a customer had any honest simple request - for a different spoon because theirs was dirty, or to heat up their soup a little more.. they will mess with your food. I've even seen managers do it and laugh with the workers. Given this was maybe about 4 years since I've worked there, so maybe things have changed. But I still sure as hell am never going back there. If you're ever forced to go there for a party or something alike, just be as kind as possible, and don't ever send food back. Even a wrong look at a waiter can get you some sort of body fluid in your food. Oh, and keep your receipts and match your credit card statements too. They'll change your tip amount. (Not sure if they switched to the wireless card machine now.)

Chemical levels in any swimming pool/hot tub is almost impossible to keep in the right range. Always, always, always shower with shampoo/soap immediately after you come out of the pool.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #489
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
^

That doesn't really work because what if the guy bringing your food spat in it himself. No biggie to him right?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #490
PJ

Was he giving you a hard time? Do you remember who it was?

Seriously, these people had no decency or respect. One time someone asked if she could have a glass of water with no ice - she had sensitive teeth because of a medication she's on. He forgets and serves her a glass with ice. She restates that she can't have anything with ice, he goes back, scoops the ice out with his hands, and reserves it to her.

I had to quit. I couldn't work with these people. Even the managers were corrupt. And the worst part is, there's almost nothing you can do. You can't prove anything, unless you caught it all on camera..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #491
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Great posts.

It makes me realize that most people in entry level food service/handling positions really do not care. You are always taking your chances.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #492
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

* Starbucks at least USED to have the best food handling standards of any place I'd ever worked in. Also they give their employees a performance based raise every 6 months and you only need to work 20/week average to qualify for benefits.

* If you were to have gone to Planet Lazer about 13 years ago and ignored the teenage girl that was yelling at you to slow the hell down then found yourself having gun problems in the next game.... we had a magic little box that could do anything to your vest/gun. Though we always hid it from customer's sight.

* Medical supplies are EXPENSIVE and while a lot of people mistakenly believe this is the medical companies inflating the prices to get government bucks this is not the case. I sold x ray, mri and ultra sound and the margin isn't large (especially on the supplies such as films and gels and things where the margin can be as low as 3%). These things are just insanely complex and advanced technologies that legitimately cost a ton.

* Accounting is soul killing work.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #493
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by November View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
i was at the mcdonalds across from from north surrey secondary and some girl went to pump the ketchup into those little containers and out came a swarm of fruit flies after that i always get packets
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #494
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
* Accounting is soul killing work.
i wish i never read this because im thinking of having a career change into accounting because i loved it in highschool
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #495
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Mcdonalds on Kingsway + Victoria

Never order Veggie patties. Only 2 are made for the entire day. They are never fresh - kept in the warmer all day. This could be generalized to other locations as well.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #496
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
i wish i never read this because im thinking of having a career change into accounting because i loved it in highschool
accounting is great if you have a passion for business. accounting integrates all business into a set of numbers. a new challenge every day.

*opinion maybe be biased, because i am an accountant

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #497
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
wtf mcdonalds have veggie patties?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #498
PJ

^+1 LOL I had no idea either.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #499
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Liquor Store
... That 14 bucks you spend on that 6 pack of Corona actually costs less than a doller
Dont buy "asian liquor" or saki or asian beers in cities not populated by a large asian culture becquse it usually means the beers been on the shelf for 6 months
If you get beer in cans wash the tops before having a drink even if you pour it in a glass. Mice, rats and bugs are common in the warehouse
Posted via RS Mobile
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #500
PJ

Profit margins are no secret.. that's business.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by: