REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #326
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I am torn between keeping this girl's privacy intact, and the hilarity of simple comments like these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
pics of girl
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #327
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
I am torn between keeping this girl's privacy intact, and the hilarity of simple comments like these:
Dude, the girl's privacy is totally safe with me. PM me her pics and I will let the rest of RS know what I think........

Approval ratings and such. She sounds like a keeper. Go for it. There's a reason why this came about.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #328
PJ

Regarding picture.. not sure if srs

A side note.. I never believed in "signs", but some stuff that happened yesterday really started to freak me out.

She saw that I have "Continuum" tattooed on my left forearm, she said she just finished doing PR for a theatre production called Continuum.

I noticed she has a music note tattooed on her hand, like near the webbing between her index finger and thumb. I was going to get the EXACT same tattoo in the EXACT same spot last year, but held off. Imagine if I actually got it..

She had drawings of lotus flowers and Japanese waves etched into her laptop case.. I have a similar drawing tattooed on my right arm.

When she was Skype chatting me yesterday evening, I asked what she was up to. She said she was watching the new episode of House. Sure enough.. I was watching the same thing. :maximumpokerface:

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #329
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
take the hints and go with it, whats the worst that can happen? things don't work out but at least you can say you tried so you won't have any possible regrets.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #330
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
The only reason a girl you just met calls at 1am is for bangin'.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #331
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Wowow

Coincidentally meet this lonely attractive white girl who loves pho and sushi, who messages you at 1am, and there is starting to be some signs that you two are meant to be

Sounds like a damn movie...

Next thing you know your current girlfriend is going to get involved and you choose between the two.

Write a book, itll be the next best drama film ... i can totally see it
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #332
MG1

Whoa.......... just got pic of the girl from PJ. Here are my thoughts. She looks very nice. I can tell from the great smile that she has effervescent qualities. Very euro looking.

My man, you need to persue this. It looks like she looks after herself without looking like she's high maintenance. You've got a great catch on your hands. I would not throw her back into the water. She is definitely a keeper. You sure you deserve this girl?

Definitely a girl I would approve of if my son brought her home to meet the family.

Also, I never thought you would actually send me a pic. Not to worry. Secret is safe with me.

I think I should set up a RS service where guys send me pics of girls for ratings, LOL.

The girl is attractive, not slutty. Looks down to earth with a great smile. Looks intelligent, which is very important. Nothing worse than a bimbo.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #333
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

If you don't see yourself marrying your current g/f.. I'd say go for it (the new gal)..

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #334
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Pj's story needs a thread of it's own
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #335
In RS I Trust

a mod can split it up...
Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #336
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Definitely a girl I would approve of if my son brought her home to meet the family.
Will not let you down.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #337
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
Pj's story needs a thread of it's own
Agree. It's starting to look that way, but it's not as if anything else is going on. Plus, anytime you do something like that, it kills the momentum/continuity.

What should we call this new thread?
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #338
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Will not let you down.
August 25th..............
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #339
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Agree. It's starting to look that way, but it's not as if anything else is going on. Plus, anytime you do something like that, it kills the momentum/continuity.

What should we call this new thread?
Pj's Payoff
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #340
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

To those that continually give and give... how does one prevent from becoming jaded from certain experiences that may have not turned out the way you had hoped? I'm sorry if this is a vague question, but I find that I approach unknown situations/people cautiously and more bluntly as of late. I guess I've just learnt that not everyone has good intentions. How does one approach to "unlearn" that?
MeetHanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #341
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I've learnt to give without receiving. I've stopped tallying the things I've done for people. For the world to be a better place, someone has to give first.

Some guy needed a ride to class and I barely knew him. I picked him up out of my way and drove him there and back home. He offered me a meal in return. I kindly told him, "hey thanks for the meal man. But there are other people who really need it more than me. I did this expecting nothing in return. Now if you really want to repay me, do something for the next guy".

This girl gave a really good speech for a club I had. I really thought it was a great speech. One day I saw her sitting alone in the cafeteria. I said, "Hey, listen I really thought you did a great speech that day. I hope you make that position. It was crystal clear and I felt your passion to help out the club and I know you'd try your best to make it happen".
She was really happy after I'd said that. She told me she wasn't sure if anyone liked it and it made a really big difference to her that someone came up and said her speech was great.

These are some examples I give not to show I'm all that, because I'm not great. I'm still learning and trying to become a better person. But what my point is is that, sometimes you don't have to give money or expect anything in return. You do it because it makes the world a better place. Someone out there needs a little compliment to boost up their day. Little things matter in this world, even if it's a compliment or doing someone a favour.

I'm learning how to give without receiving and the benefits are tremendous. They feel good and you feel good. As well, once I've started doing that, people have began offering me food and services. I politely turn them down and tell them that if they want to do something, just pass the deeds on.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #342
My homepage has been set to RS

Laughing so hard right now.

PJ just got a crap load of revsceners acting in good faith now (Hoping for their encounters Lol)
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #343
PJ

Haha WOW, I did not expect such a large following of responses.

Regarding my story..
@MG1, I wasn't going to send it, but I was like ahh why the hell not. It's displayed on her Skype. It's not like I'm giving out her name and contact.
Anyways, I just went for drinks and food with her a couple hours ago. Learned more about her. Personality wise, she's suuuuper friendly, and she can really hold her own. She's struggling pretty bad right now, but hey, she's still on her feet. Think I'm really starting to like her. Fuck.

Regarding selfless acts..
I'm always a very friendly person. It's simple, really.. I treat people the way I'd like to be treated. I never expect anything in return. I think a few pages back I posted that an old lady fell down coming off the bus and no one helped her, so I went to help her up. I was so surprised that the 20+ people that passed her didn't even stop to help her up. My mom's getting old, and I couldn't help but wonder how I'd feel if God forbid, that happened to her. That lady I helped must've been someone else's wife/mom/whatever, so my helping her is kind of just what I hope someone else would do if a family member of my own needed help.

In this situation with the girl I just helped.. No, getting her number and everything was not the first thing on my mind. Everything that ended up happening just kind of fell into place organically. Like I said above, of course, her being attractive made me slightly more inclined to help her, but we're all humans here. But even if it was some old chinese man I don't think I would've acted any differently. (Initially, of course.. not including the Skyping and all )

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #344
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
...do you actually want me to split it into another thread?

What? I don't only use my RS Jesus powers for evil...
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #345
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
...do you actually want me to split it into another thread?

What? I don't only use my RS Jesus powers for evil...
I don't think that'll be necessary.. Unless people truly are interested in what happens next (if anything even does).. For all I know, I might not hear from her for another x amount of days/weeks/who knows..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phozy View Post
Wowow

Coincidentally meet this lonely attractive white girl who loves pho and sushi, who messages you at 1am, and there is starting to be some signs that you two are meant to be

Sounds like a damn movie...

Next thing you know your current girlfriend is going to get involved and you choose between the two.

Write a book, itll be the next best drama film ... i can totally see it
The last thing I need right now is for this encounter to go viral and somehow, someway, this gets onto my gf's computer screen.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #346
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Im interested in what happens next
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #347
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
I don't think that'll be necessary.. Unless people truly are interested in what happens next (if anything even does).. For all I know, I might not hear from her for another x amount of days/weeks/who knows..

The last thing I need right now is for this encounter to go viral and somehow, someway, this gets onto my gf's computer screen.
Man Pj...Pj...Pj...

You aren't even taking your sig for heart - might as well take it off.

"You only live once" - exactly. It seems like you two already have a lot in common and hit it off.

Or, just p4p
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #348
PJ

God damn. My own signature thrown in my face again.

I have fun with my current gf, but things are just kinda hanging in the balance right now. Don't know if I wanna jump into something completely new right away.

I'll probably just let things be, and whatever happens happens..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #349
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboda View Post
Little things matter in this world, even if it's a compliment or doing someone a favour.
Absolutely correct.

Just this morning, I talked to an old friend who came by work to shoot the breeze. He has a friend who volunteers at the hospital. She told him that she doesn't feel her work is making a difference and that nobody thanks her or says anything, for that matter. She's a little depressed. I told my friend to go tell her ASAP that what she does absolutely makes a difference. From my experience, the voluteers at hospitals make a helluva difference.

When I heard this from my friend, I was a little worried. Are people that grumpy or tired these days to take two seconds out of their lives to thank someone who gives of their time to make other people's lives better?

Lamboda, we need more people like you. This world sucks ass, but we can all do something to make it a better place. No matter how small or insignificant it may seem, it all adds up. Make it contagious so to speak.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #350
MG1

Quote:
I'll probably just let things be, and whatever happens happens..
Yup, you can just be a good friend. Nothing wrong with that. She sounds like she can take care of herself, but may just need someone to rely on from time to time being new and all.
This post thanked by: