REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 12-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #2076
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
places that don't take credit card but will take debit
I think that's a cost thing. Taking CC (they pay the fee) costs them more than taking debit (you or your bank pays the fee).
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2016, 09:24 PM   #2077
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
People who leave their dogs out nearly all year round. They are opposite of a guard dog, all they want you to do is to play with them. Everyone in the neighborhood knows the reputation of those two animals.

I just came back from filling up the car, and both dogs are outside in this weather and time. I have never seen a dog house nor a water bowl, fuck these people.
Pretty sure you can report these people to SPCA and they do a home check. Especially if you tell them they're left out all year with no shelter and no visible sign of food/water. People like that should not own animals -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #2078
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Drivers who drive very fast on streets while there are large piles of snow mixed with dirt and other shirt, or streets with large puddles of water.

I remember this douchebag, hopefully nobody on RS, who drove his FR-S really fast on a downtown Vancouver street. His car went through a puddle really quickly while I was walking down a sidewalk which was beside the puddle.

-entire pants was wet from the puddle even as I tried to quickly move away from the puddle before that FR-S drove through it.

Co-worker was covered in snow mixed with who knows what after a bus driver drove quickly through a pile of melting snow. Again, she was walking on the sidewalk. I wanted to laugh at her misfortune but something similar happened to me with the rain puddle.

No driver courtesy!
Old 12-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #2079
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Pretty sure you can report these people to SPCA and they do a home check. Especially if you tell them they're left out all year with no shelter and no visible sign of food/water. People like that should not own animals -_-
We've seen the BC SPCA come over a couple of times over the last 2-3 years. I've called in the SPCA when one of their dogs escaped from their gated home. Richmond bylaws came, had a chat with the guy, gave some information and he took some pictures. Didn't see the dogs for a couple days and now after that incident they keep the garage open when they are home.

One is a skinny ass husky and the other looks like a puli mix? I always remind our dog that it is lucky to be inside and gets belly rubs.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #2080
God of Unce

People who kept on bothering you not to do this and that cause they have so much pride in their work.

You're pretty much a road blocking me to do what I get paid for. At first I was being considerate, now i'm just gonna butcher your entire work and redesign things my way. Fuck your pride, stupid pest.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:05 PM   #2081
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
the fact that i'm signed up for all this shit spam mails and i can't get in on random targeted coupons.

fucking useless. the only reason i subbed in the first place was for this shit. And the moment I unsub, I'll miss out on some deal they sent to exclusive email subscribers.

fuck having no luck with these things
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #2082

People who do not shovel the snow on the sidewalk in front of their houses! This is so inconsiderate! Letting that snow turn to ice so that a pedestrian faces the danger of slipping on to ice.

Lazy asses who do not wanna get up and shovel snow???
Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #2083
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
From COV
I'm not sure of the actual implications and the full detail (ie. in cases of condo buildings other bigger buildings)

Quote:
REMOVAL OF SNOW OR ICE FROM SIDEWALK
76. The owner or occupier of any parcel of real property shall, not later than 10:00
a.m. every day, remove snow and ice from any sidewalk adjacent to such parcel
for a distance that coincides with the parcel's property line and for the full width
of the sidewalk.

76A. If an owner or occupier of any parcel of real property fails to remove snow and
ice, as required by section 76, the City Engineer may authorize the removal by
another person and the costs of such removal shall be at the expense of the owner
or occupier as the case may be, and the city may recover such expense by action
in a court of competent jurisdiction.
From a law firm site

Quote:
To prove that an occupier is liable to you for your injuries if you slip and fall, you have to establish that the occupier didn’t live up to a reasonable standard of care in keeping the path free of snow and ice. An occupier of property doesn’t have to keep pedestrian routes totally clear of ice and snow at all times to avoid being sued; they just have to have a regular, reasonable clearing system in place. In the words of one court decision, “the proper standard does not require the occupier to eliminate every possibility of danger.”
God forbid, if I or anyone in my family slips as a result of someone not doing their part, I will sue the living daylights out of them.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #2084

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
idiots who park in 2 parking spots

Old 12-21-2016, 02:57 AM   #2085
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
help push a guys car out of the snow.. mine gets stuck, he doesnt even wait/help lol fuck sakes
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #2086

People who wait until the last minute to buy gifts for Christmas. This is why I plan and buy everything before shit week starts. Went to Richmond Center; shit show inside and out. Lansdowne; Camry homez couldn't wait for me to park, shove all you want. Just wait a second... i could of stayed home but was dragged out for gift shopping. The salt level has gone down.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:20 PM   #2087
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
When people can't even be decent human beings on Christmas Eve. Some asshole parks with his rear end in half of my garage space. I can't even leave if I wanted to.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:58 PM   #2088

I mean you can call a tow truck...

Spoiler!

Last edited by toehook; 12-25-2016 at 12:08 AM.
toehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:13 AM   #2089

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
I mean you can call a tow truck...

Spoiler!
Same problem as always :/ management won't allow any car to be towed unless they called. And most of them this happens is after hours - 5pm and on
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:44 AM   #2090
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
When your watching rogue one and the kakarott behind you is eating sunflower seeds. Loudest shit ever cracking the shell and throwing them on the floor.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 AM   #2091
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Same problem as always :/ management won't allow any car to be towed unless they called. And most of them this happens is after hours - 5pm and on
can't you just do it anyway and let the tow truck come in? one of those situations where it's better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
and also complain to strata.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:54 AM   #2092
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Fucking idiot drivers who zooms by you while you're backing out of a parking lot. I find this is like a norm in Richmond Aberdeen parking lot.

And idiots who walk by your car while you're backing out, especially when your windows are all fogged.

Do these idiots not know to make sure the drivers SEES them first?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2016, 02:04 AM   #2093
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Fucking idiot drivers who zooms by you while you're backing out of a parking lot. I find this is like a norm in Richmond Aberdeen parking lot.

And idiots who walk by your car while you're backing out, especially when your windows are all fogged.

Do these idiots not know to make sure the drivers SEES them first?
can try backing into the parking spots at aber so you wont have trouble leaving the spot after.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 02:28 AM   #2094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
can try backing into the parking spots at aber so you wont have trouble leaving the spot after.
Under some circumstances, especially at Aberdeen parking lot, people follow you so close you can't even back in or your spot might get stolen.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2017, 04:10 PM   #2095

people who don't clean up after themselves and leave their fucking garbage behind

its 2017 and people can't even clean up after themselves. goddam neanderthals.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #2096

Some homeless people in Icecouver who yell at people after they commit an act of kindness despite receiving words of gratitude in return.

Example: I see a homeless dude hold a door open for a lady and her child walking out of a McDonald's on Hamilton street in downtown.

The lady says "Thank you". Homeless guy yells back "What??? No tip???" "Cheapskate!"

The lady walks away.

-so aggressive!
Old 01-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Some homeless people in Icecouver who yell at people after they commit an act of kindness despite receiving words of gratitude in return.

Example: I see a homeless dude hold a door open for a lady and her child walking out of a McDonald's on Hamilton street in downtown.

The lady says "Thank you". Homeless guy yells back "What??? No tip???" "Cheapskate!"

The lady walks away.

-so aggressive!
Here's a tip, get a job.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #2098

when people have their phone call on speaker in public

aint nobody wanna hear that shit
Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 PM   #2099

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
customer service - why do i have to get mad before they start listening??...i have to explain to them step by step then They say something else still not hearing you...i threatened to contact they're District manager next THEN they hear me whats wrong....Numb skull.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:15 PM   #2100
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

People walking on the road because of the snow... dumb idea.

I get that its because some sidewalks are not clear, I'd rather take my chances on the sidewalk over getting hit by a car.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: