REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 07-31-2017, 01:27 PM   #2301
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,905 Times in 3,868 Posts
The kind of obnoxious turd that sits in the left lane for no reason on a 3 lane road, but finally decides to move to the middle/right lane right at the end of the merge section for the right lane that is ending. The people merging in from the lane that's ending need those spaces you imbecile.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #2302
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The kind of obnoxious turd that sits in the left lane for no reason on a 3 lane road, but finally decides to move to the middle/right lane right at the end of the merge section for the right lane that is ending. The people merging in from the lane that's ending need those spaces you imbecile.
Hahaha where is this? I fucking hate driving in this city I swear
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #2303
God of Unce

Fuckin idiot kid colleague decided to have 5 hard boiled eggs for lunch. He microwaved it without knowing it'll explode. Clean up your fuckin' mess.

How can a UBC grad be this stupid?
Old 07-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #2304

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjson View Post
Hahaha where is this? I fucking hate driving in this city I swear
West Kelowna, the lack of courtesy here is appalling.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 07-31-2017, 05:39 PM   #2305
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
People who slurp their food and people who make loud masticating noises while chewing.

Had this conversation with a coworker the other day. Do you guys think it's appropriate to cut your nails in public? Let's say a concert, bus or mall?

I never have had a problem with it but coworkers on the other end of the spectrum

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #2306
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Tree sap. There are so many of these trees that just ooze sap from their leaves in the summer in the Lower Mainland.

This sticky stuff is a pain to get rid of from my car.

-would rather park in the sun instead of parking my ride under one of these sappy trees.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #2307
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Left lane hoggers. These drivers drive me nuts. If you're gonna drive at the 50K speed limit, stay in the right lane!
I saw a semi-truck hog the left lane on a highway. I think I almost honked at the stupid fucker. Get outta my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Fuckin idiot kid colleague decided to have 5 hard boiled eggs for lunch. He microwaved it without knowing it'll explode. Clean up your fuckin' mess.

How can a UBC grad be this stupid?
My mom learned this the hard way when she was younger. Thankfully, she told me so I don't make the same mistake.

I mean, you aren't just expected to know this if no one told you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
People who slurp their food and people who make loud masticating noises while chewing.

Had this conversation with a coworker the other day. Do you guys think it's appropriate to cut your nails in public? Let's say a concert, bus or mall?

I never have had a problem with it but coworkers on the other end of the spectrum
Supposedly, in Japan, it's a good sign to chew and slurp noodles loud as it shows the noodles are delicious, but that started changing.

Otherwise, I keep quiet when eating. Dad made a big deal out of it, so I am now trained to not make too much noise. I have a friend who also makes a big deal out of chewing loud.

And no, no cutting nails in public. Do that crap at home.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #2308
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
When people post clist ads like this: https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/...243582960.html

Quote:
Price is per wheel and only sold as a set of four.
WHY would you post the price of one wheel, if it's being sold ONLY as a set of 4 smfh.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:44 PM   #2309
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Lack of phone etiquette. My co worker just burped twice at a caller during a phone conversation now.

No soft skills whatsoever.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #2310

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Piss me off when mature adults lack common sense at work elevators. Lower level number floors will get off first "OBVIOUSLY", must be dumbass to not know. So why would you go to the back of the elevator when you are going to get off first. "Excuse me, excuse me, please move out the way". I'm sorry your an idiot to go to the back of the elevator with your fat ass.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #2311
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Piss me off when mature adults lack common sense at work elevators. Lower level number floors will get off first "OBVIOUSLY", must be dumbass to not know. So why would you go to the back of the elevator when you are going to get off first. "Excuse me, excuse me, please move out the way". I'm sorry your an idiot to go to the back of the elevator with your fat ass.
What's worse is when the elevator gets to the lobby and there's someone standing 4" from the front of the door trying to get on before anyone can get out. Ditto for Skytrain, bus, etc.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #2312
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
When driving in neighborhood road that only fits one car. I pull to the side so he can get by. Then, they pulls to the side so I can get by. Like WTF? I already pulled to the side, just get the fuck across already.

People who blames and blames and keep talking about the past to make themselves feel innocent. Who fucking cares. Use the time and energy to think of solution for future problems instead.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-04-2017, 06:29 PM   #2313

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
when you need to make a right turn but the car infront of you wants to go straight through a busy ass intersection. Meanwhile their passenger just sits there rather than step out to press the crosswalk light
Old 08-06-2017, 12:12 AM   #2314
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

When drivers don't wave thank you when you pull in for them to drive through a small street. F u

When people chew their food out loud - even after you point it out to them lol disgusting
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #2315

When you go travelling in the states to majority Caucasian towns, and get bad service / stares because we're a group of Asians.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #2316
Need to Seek Professional Help

People who swerve to the right before making a left turn and vice versa. Are they trying to initiate a feint drift???
Old 08-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #2317
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
What's with people not using the right most lane to make a right turn these days? It's like all of sudden, this a thing.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #2318
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
When your parents complain that you don't go out hang out with friends or meet a girl and all I do is stay home and take care of my garden. When you do go out, they ask a thousand questions about who, where, what, when, why about that person.

When people assume you have Wonton soup because you are an Asian restaurant.... bruh.

When people triple park their carts in Costco, blocking the whole area. I'm starting to not give a fuck and pushing carts out of the way.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #2319
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
When your parents complain that you don't go out hang out with friends or meet a girl and all I do is stay home and take care of my garden. When you do go out, they ask a thousand questions about who, where, what, when, why about that person.
Always man. Always
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #2320

I've been seeing this a lot more with the increase in summer traffic. When the left lane is backed up because the left turn lane is backed up, so some pricks bomb down the right lane and then force their way into the left turn lane. Everyone else is waiting patiently, you aren't special so fuck off and wait like everyone else.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2017, 06:27 AM   #2321

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
...I was learning to drive stick, I did my first burnout by accident trying not to roll back into a truck that was way too close to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I think we all did accidental burnouts on hills when we started learning. I did one in my old Corolla before I got the handbrake trick down.
Well its been about a month and a bit. Hills and the fear of rolling back is still a little stressful. I can tackle most hills now, but I still haven't tried Kingsway x Boundary or Joyce x Kingsway, because I usually just drive slow and try to keep moving when it's red, then gas it when its green LOL

Honestly, I can confidently say I can hill start. When there are no cars behind me LOL. Accidental burnouts and launches were definitely a thing in North Van and on Terminal Ave -> 1st Ave in heavy traffic.

Quote:
... Reason? Forgot to put the car in first gear(a thing I always forgot in the beginning; it was in third when I tried to get it moving) ...

Another day, I stalled 3 times or so in a row...

It won't really grind my gears; hopefully, you don't grind yours, heh.
Shortly after posting this, I stalled 3 times in row on River Road, the tiniest hill. Initially, I always forgot that I needed to shift to second LOL. Coming from a CVT I'm used to the drone, and well not needing to shift.

There are times when I accidentally put it into 3rd instead of 1st, because the damn shifter in the 330ci is so sloppy. 5th looks like 3rd, 4th looks like 2nd, 3rd looks like 1st, and reverse you have to slam in.

Also I had my first gear grind last night fml

What figuratively grinds me gears is my failure in doing the proper procedures in buying a car. I let my emotions get too far into this, and it was more me fanboying the car than checking it out. Shocks are shot, and as a result I'm more slammed than I'm used to. Actually, anything is more slammed, I came from stock civic height. The irony here is that I don't even like slammed cars, yet I bought one. Sucks tho, cause everytime I hit a dip, I either rub, or in last night's case, the entire lip and bumper tore off. Fuck.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:49 AM   #2322

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Well its been about a month and a bit. Hills and the fear of rolling back is still a little stressful. I can tackle most hills now, but I still haven't tried Kingsway x Boundary or Joyce x Kingsway, because I usually just drive slow and try to keep moving when it's red, then gas it when its green LOL

Honestly, I can confidently say I can hill start. When there are no cars behind me LOL. Accidental burnouts and launches were definitely a thing in North Van and on Terminal Ave -> 1st Ave in heavy traffic.

Shortly after posting this, I stalled 3 times in row on River Road, the tiniest hill. Initially, I always forgot that I needed to shift to second LOL. Coming from a CVT I'm used to the drone, and well not needing to shift.

There are times when I accidentally put it into 3rd instead of 1st, because the damn shifter in the 330ci is so sloppy. 5th looks like 3rd, 4th looks like 2nd, 3rd looks like 1st, and reverse you have to slam in.

Also I had my first gear grind last night fml

What figuratively grinds me gears is my failure in doing the proper procedures in buying a car. I let my emotions get too far into this, and it was more me fanboying the car than checking it out. Shocks are shot, and as a result I'm more slammed than I'm used to. Actually, anything is more slammed, I came from stock civic height. The irony here is that I don't even like slammed cars, yet I bought one. Sucks tho, cause everytime I hit a dip, I either rub, or in last night's case, the entire lip and bumper tore off. Fuck.
Hand brake trick is pretty much mandatory on steeper hills. In a lot of countries with a separate license for MT drivers, hand brake start is on the driving test.

Pull up the handbrake, release the clutch to the engagement point, and rev to about 2k(higher if the hill is real steep), put down your handbrake, and slowly let the clutch out. If done right, you won't have burnout, burn your clutch or roll back at all. Try it on a small hill first.

I remember screwing up a couple of days ago. I started my RX-8 in 2nd gear on a slight slope. It felt really sloppy, then I looked at the shifter. Oops.

One of my friends said he prefers those manual shifters with a solid cover with the pattern on it. That way, it's super easy to tell which gear you are in, and it's less likely to misshift.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #2323

Quote:
Hand brake trick is pretty much mandatory on steeper hills. In a lot of countries with a separate license for MT drivers, hand brake start is on the driving test.

Pull up the handbrake, release the clutch to the engagement point, and rev to about 2k(higher if the hill is real steep), put down your handbrake, and slowly let the clutch out. If done right, you won't have burnout, burn your clutch or roll back at all. Try it on a small hill first.

I remember screwing up a couple of days ago. I started my RX-8 in 2nd gear on a slight slope. It felt really sloppy, then I looked at the shifter. Oops.

One of my friends said he prefers those manual shifters with a solid cover with the pattern on it. That way, it's super easy to tell which gear you are in, and it's less likely to misshift.
I don't like the handbrake trick. I actually rather use the clutch, than handbrake. Too much coordination, I was never good at sports or COD either. I dont burn the clutch, unless it's a really big hill, but I do have to ride it a lot.

What really figuratively grinds my gears is when you forget you're in gear and you let off the clutch, thus stalling.

|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #2324

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I don't like the handbrake trick. I actually rather use the clutch, than handbrake. Too much coordination, I was never good at sports or COD either. I dont burn the clutch, unless it's a really big hill, but I do have to ride it a lot.

What really figuratively grinds my gears is when you forget you're in gear and you let off the clutch, thus stalling.

I feel ya. Sometimes I get lazy and not use the handbrake.

If you are stuck in stop and go with a manual or dual clutch, don't move inch by inch. It's bad for the clutch. Avoid riding your clutch as you get better.

And very occasionally I still have the "Oops, I am still in gear" moment. It just happens.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:35 AM   #2325

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
the smell of cheap fucking perfume early in the morning....its just ruins the happy coffee smell.