REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 06-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #2251
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Drivers, who are stopped briefly at a stop sign, that try to turn right into a street expecting the vehicles in front of them to stop for them.

Where the fuck is your patience and obedience to the traffic rules? Stop behind the stop sign and wait for your turn to turn right when there is a safe distance to turn right!

Idiotic, impatient drivers with a sense of entitlement!

I see many drivers pull this stunt every day in the Lower Mainland. SUV and truck drivers are the worst with this bad habit!!

I just speed up on the road to ensure that driver facing the stop sign cannot just cut right in front of me and ignore the stop sign.
(Sorry for hijacking your rant)

Richmond is a great example of this. Anywhere around Aberdeen LOL. I wouldn't be so mad if they sped the fuck up after they turned out, but nah they taking it slow anyway. What was the point?
Advertisement
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #2252
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

pedestrians, joggers, etc who walk on the road despite there being one or two unoccupied sidewalks??? i get that some roads only have one sidewalk but how hard is it to cross the road when you get to where you need to cross? Is it hard as a group to travel in single file or pairs on the sidewalk?? They're literally in the lane of travel as they're walking on the road past parked cars.
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2017, 09:41 PM   #2253
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
^ there's an older guy here on a mobility scooter who will do that. He'll use the bike lanes, but if there's no bike lane he just goes down the road, instead of using the massive sidewalks on each side of the road. I'm not sure if he's mentally ill or a prick.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #2254
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Crazy drivers who speed in school zones. How fast? I'm talking about over 60km.

Slow the fuck down! It's drivers like these turds who turn students into roadkill.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #2255

When there are two left turn lanes, but everyone goes into the rightmost one first, blocking off access to the half-empty leftmost lane. Idiots like that are the reason traffic gets so backed up.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #2256
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Year-round school work while working full-time

My brain has turned to mush, days/weeks/months blur together.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #2257

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Having nose irritation/allergies on nice summer days. Yesterday left side nose like a leaking faucet, now today is my right side...
Euro7r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #2258
God of Unce

People who abandon their dog for at least two days alone in a condo. The dog's been barking non-stop and they left the balcony door open. You can hear the barking echo throughout the night, and having the window opened due to the weather doesn't help.

Fuck you. I hope you get evicted or your fuckin' dog gets taken away.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #2259
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
ppl who take up two lanes when making a right turn, been happening a lot lately.. is it really that hard to change lanes fully before making your fucking turn
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #2260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
People who abandon their dog for at least two days alone in a condo. The dog's been barking non-stop and they left the balcony door open. You can hear the barking echo throughout the night, and having the window opened due to the weather doesn't help.

Fuck you. I hope you get evicted or your fuckin' dog gets taken away.
Call bylaw or the SPCA?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #2261
God of Unce

The neighbours on that floor already reported to strata (no pet policy unless grandfathered from the start).
Old 06-29-2017, 03:23 PM   #2262
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
They need speed bumps at stop signs. people blow by stop signs 3/4 of their car's length before they even check if there's on coming traffic. Some just blow by them completely. Jesus, stop signs are becoming mere suggestions. cops would have easy pickins if they just ticket these fuckers.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2017, 10:44 PM   #2263
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
They need speed bumps at stop signs. people blow by stop signs 3/4 of their car's length before they even check if there's on coming traffic. Some just blow by them completely. Jesus, stop signs are becoming mere suggestions. cops would have easy pickins if they just ticket these fuckers.
It would be cool if they could replace some of the 3 way or 4 way stops in Richmond with roundabouts . Every so often someone fucks up the order and no one knows who is next to go.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #2264
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
It would be cool if they could replace some of the 3 way or 4 way stops in Richmond with roundabouts . Every so often someone fucks up the order and no one knows who is next to go.
Yeaaaaaaah but probably GG with people (not) YIELDing to traffic already in the circle lmao
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #2265

People keep doing burnouts near my house, now it smells so bad that I can't tell if it's a burnout, skunk, or gas leak

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2017, 12:25 AM   #2266
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
I don't think people comprehend roundabouts either
double0seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #2267
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double0seven View Post
You're suppose to yield to the person to your right... right?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #2268
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
ppl who take up two lanes when making a right turn, been happening a lot lately.. is it really that hard to change lanes fully before making your fucking turn
There are right turn lanes that are also HOV lanes.

One time, my buddy was in the right turn lane on Grandview Hwy towards boundary. The moment he changed lane just before the Wendy's entrance, a bicycle cop pulled him over. The officer stated that he is not suppose to make a lane change until he does the turn. This was during rush hour. True story.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:57 PM   #2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
You're suppose to yield to the person to your right... right?
Who cares, someone will stop for you when you go
double0seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #2270

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0seven View Post
I once saw a truck pull up to a roundabout and do this to make what used to be a left turn:

roundabout.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
There are right turn lanes that are also HOV lanes.

One time, my buddy was in the right turn lane on Grandview Hwy towards boundary. The moment he changed lane just before the Wendy's entrance, a bicycle cop pulled him over. The officer stated that he is not suppose to make a lane change until he does the turn. This was during rush hour. True story.
I'm not sure if it's a provincial law or a bylaw, but here you're allowed 2 blocks in the HOV lane before/after a turn.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-12-2017, 03:46 PM   #2271
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
- People who are busy talking/ texting and stand on the corner of the street. Sometimes I yell out the window if they are going to cross or not. Stand back and doing your thang.

- People who mistake you for an employee. For example; When I go to Costco I usually bring my gloves (we usually buy our stuff there) and people think when you move boxes of romaine lettuce, you must work there. When you don't give them the bag of lettuce that is in YO hands, they get mad. I should get a t shirt with the back saying "No, I do not work here." but then again I like to fuck with them and then tell them I don't work there. The face changes from "Customers are always right" to "Oh sorry, you don't work here?". Love that shit.
Old 07-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #2272

- Cars that slow down too much(or better yet, brake) for no reason when going uphill. Looking at you, Prius taxis.

- People who are capable of walking fast that take too much time to cross the street.

- Cyclists that ignore traffic rules and think they are better than cars.

- BC Transit in Victoria in general. Slow(good luck going anywhere on weekends), unreliable, expensive for a public transit system, and tried to run into me twice. I have never called buses bad names before coming to Victoria, but now every time I see one, I say them.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #2273

This is gonna be something that grinds most people's gears

Sorry in advance to anyone I piss off when I stall. Learning manual.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #2274

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
- People who are busy talking/ texting and stand on the corner of the street. Sometimes I yell out the window if they are going to cross or not. Stand back and doing your thang.

- People who mistake you for an employee. For example; When I go to Costco I usually bring my gloves (we usually buy our stuff there) and people think when you move boxes of romaine lettuce, you must work there. When you don't give them the bag of lettuce that is in YO hands, they get mad. I should get a t shirt with the back saying "No, I do not work here." but then again I like to fuck with them and then tell them I don't work there. The face changes from "Customers are always right" to "Oh sorry, you don't work here?". Love that shit.
can i ask?

why do you wear gloves while shopping
Old 07-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #2275

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
This is gonna be something that grinds most people's gears

Sorry in advance to anyone I piss off when I stall. Learning manual.
This reminded me of the time when I first learned MT in an old Corolla, ho boy.

One night, I stalled like 4 times in a row. Reason? Forgot to put the car in first gear(a thing I always forgot in the beginning; it was in third when I tried to get it moving). There was no car behind me, though.

Another day, I stalled 3 times or so in a row. It was on a fairly steep hill, so I ended up panicking and stalling a lot. The lady with a new Accord behind me was super nice and patient though, never honked or anything, just waited until I moved away. Really wanted to shout a loud "Thank you!"

For this reason, I tend to be a bit more patient if it looks like the person in front of me is a MT noob that stalled. We all go through that stage, and it's great to see someone taking up this art. It won't really grind my gears; hopefully, you don't grind yours, heh.

Watch out for pickup trucks and Jeeps though. They tend to be more impatient and honk at you if you stall. Some Prius taxis also can be aholes about it.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: