REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 01-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #2101
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Pedestrians who take forever to cross the street while you are waiting to make a right turn without running over the fool.

I'm talking about millennials not seniors crossing the street.

Talk about milking all the time given to you by the chirping pedestrian light!
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2017, 02:33 PM   #2102
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
the ones that make me lose my shit are the idiots on pedestrian controlled lights where I'm waiting to go straight or turn left that just stand there and don't press the button.

the damn light isn't gonna magically turn red when you just stand there
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #2103
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Speaking of pedestrians, the ones who just cross any crosswalk without even a quick glance to see if a cars coming, they just start crossing...Who the fuck raised you? I know your phone is very interesting and it's a pain to pay attention to the real world, but even if you're in the right, you're still wrong when a car ends up putting you in a wheelchair.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #2104
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
I've seen people hit the button for the lights as they walk up and start crossing without even slowing down, then get mad when a car that never would've been able to stop in time nearly hits them. Bonus points if it's raining.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #2105
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Drivers at a intersection in the left turn lane waiting before the double solid line after the advanced flashing turn signal is over, who wont move up forward and wait to turn when it's clear even after a lite friendly honk. It's like they will only turn when the advanced turn signal is on otherwise forget it they ain't gonna enter the intersection.

But what I have done a few times when I seen that happen (I kno its wrong) is just assumed they are broken down and go around and move up infront them and enter the intersection to turn left.

Last edited by Ride; 01-09-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #2106

Shoe marks on the toilet seat in Richmond, like f'in seriously this is not a hole in the ground; be civilized and sit the fuck down!!!

Basically piss everywhere and shoe marks.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #2107
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Speaking of pedestrians, the ones who just cross any crosswalk without even a quick glance to see if a cars coming, they just start crossing...Who the fuck raised you? I know your phone is very interesting and it's a pain to pay attention to the real world, but even if you're in the right, you're still wrong when a car ends up putting you in a wheelchair.
You'd love commercial drive, pedestrians and cyclists both do as they please.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride View Post
Drivers at a intersection in the left turn lane waiting before the double solid line after the advanced flashing turn signal is over, who wont move up forward and wait to turn when it's clear even after a lite friendly honk. It's like they will only turn when the advanced turn signal is on otherwise forget it they ain't gonna enter the intersection.

But what I have done a few times when I seen that happen (I kno its wrong) is just assumed they are broken down and go around and move up infront them and enter the intersection to turn left.
Legally speaking they aren't required to enter the intersection until they want to, unless there's an advance green.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 01-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Legally speaking they aren't required to enter the intersection until they want to, unless there's an advance green.
So if there isn't a advanced green, then they can just be parked at the intersection as long as they want?
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #2110

-very inconsiderate co-worker who does not flush the toilet after taking a huge dump. Then this turd stuffs the toilet full of paper so that you cannot flush the mess down.

Seriously? You let your shit stay in the toilet??? This terrible behaviour pisses me off!!!

The bad news is that nobody in the office knows who is the culprit.

The janitors should make this turd clean his shit up himself!
Old 01-11-2017, 08:15 AM   #2111
God of Unce

People at work who act like they're still in high school, grow the fuck up. It really feels like i'm working with a bunch of kids.

I really hope the people we're hiring for the marketing team is much more mature as I will be working with them directly.

+

When someone says "like you know" in every sentence.

Last edited by Armind; 01-11-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Armind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #2112
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
edited. long story short, I have neighbors that suck filthy ass when it comes to their way of taking care of their animals.

Last edited by toehook; 01-12-2017 at 09:11 PM.
toehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #2113
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
(2) When the driver of a vehicle intends to turn it to the left at an intersection where traffic is permitted to move in both directions on each highway entering the intersection, the driver must

(a) cause the vehicle to approach the intersection in the portion of the right side of the roadway that is nearest the marked centre line, or if there is no marked centre line, then as far as practicable in the portion of the right half of the roadway that is nearest the centre line,

(b) keep the vehicle to the right of the marked centre line or centre line of the roadway, as the case may be, at the place the highway enters the intersection,

(c) after entering the intersection, turn the vehicle to the left so that it leaves the intersection to the right of the marked centre line of the roadway being entered, or if there is no marked centre line then to the right of the centre line of the roadway being entered, and,

(d) when practicable, turn the vehicle in the portion of the intersection to the left of the centre of the intersection.
Explains prohibited stops.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/...hicle%20Act%20[RSBC%201996]%20c.%20318/00_Act/96318_05.xml#section189

TL;DR Legally, you have to enter the intersection when making a left turn. Not advancing when there is a green is considered a prohibited stop.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #2114

When people wait until a green light to make a right turn, or wait until the yellow light to make the left turn. Even when there's a huge gap in traffic. Ugh.

And when people don't know that you're allowed to make left turns on red (onto a one-way street only). Don't know what they're waiting for LOL
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:31 PM   #2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
TL;DR Legally, you have to enter the intersection when making a left turn. Not advancing when there is a green is considered a prohibited stop.
Sorry but I'm not seeing anything in the section you quoted (a and b are before you've entered, c and d are while you're making the turn) or the section you linked to saying you must enter the intersection prior to making the turn.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #2116

For 2017, I am trying to be less salty and try to be less of a hot head. But some folks really grind my gear. Here comes the salt:

I'm not sure when nor what Superstore had done to their employees. Some of the people working there need to get their attitude checked real quick. Always tried to be the easiest and nicest customer to deal with because we all have dealt with shite customers before. What I didn't do tonight was have a quick chat with the manager, ain't no one in line has to deal with your shit attitude.

It still amazes me that people do the things you aren't suppose to do while driving. Saw an older lady (early 60s) driving while talking on speaker phone. One hand on the steering wheel, other hand full view with her phone in her hand. Or, have headphones in driving with no lights on at night. I always hear the older generations bickering about the young adults on their phone. They increased the fine not only for shitty drivers but for everyone. You can't just pull the "I'm old and didn't know you can't use your electronic devices while driving" card. Get caught, own it.

Sometimes watching this reminds that maybe we have it easy in Metro Vancouver... have a good night yall, I'm gonna fight this cold.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #2117

People who cut their fingernails with clippers at work. Disgusting! The work place is not your home, fool!
Old 01-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #2118
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
When you put your reputation on the line but office politics get in the way.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #2119
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Sorry but I'm not seeing anything in the section you quoted (a and b are before you've entered, c and d are while you're making the turn) or the section you linked to saying you must enter the intersection prior to making the turn.
When turning left, drivers must do steps a b c and d. C states that after entering the intersection, so it implies that you must enter the intersection and d states to advance when it is safe.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
When turning left, drivers must do steps a b c and d. C states that after entering the intersection, so it implies that you must enter the intersection and d states to advance when it is safe.
It doesn't say anything about when you must enter though, only what to do once you have.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #2121
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

people who are looking down at their cellphones texting/playing games when they cross the street.... seriously stupid.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #2122

People who are watching movies on their laptop while driving. -very stupid and dangerous.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #2123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Pedestrians who take forever to cross the street while you are waiting to make a right turn without running over the fool.

I'm talking about millennials not seniors crossing the street.

Talk about milking all the time given to you by the chirping pedestrian light!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
people who are looking down at their cellphones texting/playing games when they cross the street.... seriously stupid.

I find that people "think" they have the right away in any situation they are in. I believe that is the problem with the general population. It is placed into their mind that "I have the right away, I have the right away, I have the right away, they must stop for me." What disappoints me the most is seeing people not aware of their surroundings, it is taught when we are younger but not used when older. I had my fair shares of interacting with shitty pedestrians too. I wish there were more PSAs for pedestrians and cyclist. I see that it is more car related than the others, please fill me in if you can.

Now I have a question if all of you folks that can answer for me. Let's say I am at a crosswalk by VGH Emergency and there are cyclists zooming by. Do I have the right of way or do they have? During the day, I find myself playing Frogger or just waiting until there is no one left flying by.

edit: i fooound the photo! should get of these as a psa. have them wear a hat that says: I'm texting impaired.

Last edited by toehook; 01-18-2017 at 09:14 AM. Reason: puts in a photo
toehook is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #2124
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
^ like my sig says...
There are a lot of dead people who had the right of way.

Technically, i would say the pedestrian has the right of way at that crosswalk. Cyclists should yield to pedestrians wishing to cross using that cross-walk. But we all know most cyclists are walking, talking bag of dicks that only see sunshine and lollipops where street signs should be.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #2125

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
It is placed into their mind that "I have the right away, I have the right away, I have the right away, they must stop for me."
I am one with the right of way and the right of way is with me. I am one with the right of way and the right of way is with me. I am one with the right of way and the right of way is with me...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: