REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 04-05-2017, 10:08 PM   #2201
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
practice until you can perfectly say "sorry i don't speak any mandarin" in fluent mandarin and then calmly walk away like

might as well troll 'em
I just know "我不知道 Wǒ bù zhīdào" plus the word for mandarin or I just throw up gang signs saying I can't speak it. Usually people figure it out and flag someone else down.
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #2202
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
i just say wo bu duong? n the word for mando
duong would mean understand
so itll translate to i dont understand mando
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #2203
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Say it in a really really bad accent like pronouncing the pinyin in regular english LOL
Wo bu dong = whoa boo dong hahaha

If I really don't want to try or out of my ability, i just look at them and say uhhhhh. Thing is half the time they speak so fast i have no idea what happened. Usually here in North Van at least they try to use their English haha
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #2204
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,376 Times in 1,228 Posts
Wouldn't the best response to someone barking you in Mandarin (in Canada, no less) be:

Ni Hui Shuo Yingwen ma? (Do YOU speak English?)

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:54 AM   #2205
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
when my work password expires after 90 days

and it got smart and won't let me use sequential numbers anymore

fuck changing passwords
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #2206
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^OHHHH SHIT SAME HERE OMG

And also the fact that it doesn't let you use the password you've used in the last 5 times just fucking boils my blood
jjson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #2207
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I know that feeling

I have one PW to log in, then 4 other programs that I need to use on a daily basis which all have different passwords with different time frames between pw changes + limitations.
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2017, 10:04 PM   #2208
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
when my work password expires after 90 days

and it got smart and won't let me use sequential numbers anymore

fuck changing passwords
My work password expires every 35 days, can't use sequential letters or numbers, requires minimum 1 capital and 1 lower-case and 1 number and 1 symbol, can't reuse a password ever, minumum 8 characters.

Work phone also has the same restrictions but it can't be the same password as your account password.

Grinds my gears: BCIT - I'm pretty sure school is braining my damage. No summer break for online courses, either. 11.5 months to go!
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #2209
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
As much as I hate having to change my password at work all the time, corporate data security is pretty important.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:46 AM   #2210
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
As much as I hate having to change my password at work all the time, corporate data security is pretty important.
It's actually shown to lower security, because people feel the need to write down their passwords since they don't remember the latest combination of letters, numbers, capitals, can't-be-anything-like-what-you-used-before passwords.
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #2211
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCA-Dave View Post
It's actually shown to lower security, because people feel the need to write down their passwords since they don't remember the latest combination of letters, numbers, capitals, can't-be-anything-like-what-you-used-before passwords.
Where do most security breaches come from these days? Someone physically accessing the machine, or someone connecting via the internet? The person trying to gain access with the password you've used for every account you have and never changed can't see the sticky note on the bottom of your screen.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #2212
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Where do most security breaches come from these days? Someone physically accessing the machine, or someone connecting via the internet? The person trying to gain access with the password you've used for every account you have and never changed can't see the sticky note on the bottom of your screen.
Man in the middle/Evil Twin is a famous way to sniff passwords. The attacker would set up a rogue access points near wireless access points. The rogue access point is identical to the wireless access point. Users who wants to connect to the wireless access point will have to scan for the nearby network, say Starbucks. The rogue access point would output a stronger signal, which the scanner would pick up on first. Then, users will connect to the rogue, which acts as Starbucks. Any data going to Starbucks will go through the rogue, where he decrypts all the packets of data and then encrypting it before sending it to Starbucks and back, rinse and repeat.

This is why changing passwords regularly is important. Especially after logging into a bank account at a wifi hot spot, or even on your mobile network.

Luckily, a lot of sites and clients are coming out with two way confirmation security. People who have battle.net accounts and battle.net authenticator will know what I'm talking about.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2017, 10:58 PM   #2213
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
allergies... fml
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #2214

lmao my passwords are written in a notebook inside my desk
but i at least lock it before i leave every night

i come in 10 mins late to work this morning cus of traffic and the lazy dipshit who spends all day browsing facebook, buzzfeed and playing with his goddamned phone and switch when the he knows he can get away with it has the galls to say "oh you're a little late today"

i've never had to exercise so much self control to stop myself from punching a bitch square in the throat
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #2215
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

what bugs me the most about passwords is so many for different things. I rarely use my phone but every so often someone will call and leave me a voice mail. For the life of me can never remember the password and to lazy to call help desk to reset it.
Dharminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #2216
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Terrible phone etiquette is so hard to hear.

When you hear a co-worker talk loud to another person, it's time to bring headphones to work. The worst part is that this dude sometimes makes a loud burp at the caller!

That's like a two for one special for the person on the other line.

-hearing his lunch order every work day from the same shitty restaurant is funny though:

"Hello Congee Noodle House? I want to order take out. Stir fried beef with rice and bitter melon. My number is XXX-XXX-XXX. That is all!" Hangs up the phone.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #2217
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Terrible phone etiquette is so hard to hear.

When you hear a co-worker talk loud to another person, it's time to bring headphones to work. The worst part is that this dude sometimes makes a loud burp at the caller!

That's like a two for one special for the person on the other line.

-hearing his lunch order every work day from the same shitty restaurant is funny though:

"Hello Congee Noodle House? I want to order take out. Stir fried beef with rice and bitter melon. My number is XXX-XXX-XXX. That is all!" Hangs up the phone.

Our team is very diverse but what pisses me off the most is when people start speaking there native language and are shooting back and forth (cubical setup) headphones are a must here or I will strangle someone
Dharminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #2218
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Working with indecisive teammates. AHHH! Make up your fucking mind.

It's okay to be indecisive sometimes, but when the damage of their decision is larger than their needs, don't they even have any consideration of that?

Then, they go wondering why you're fucking pissed and grumpy.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 PM   #2219
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Working with indecisive teammates. AHHH! Make up your fucking mind.

It's okay to be indecisive sometimes, but when the damage of their decision is larger than their needs, don't they even have any consideration of that?

Then, they go wondering why you're fucking pissed and grumpy.
One of my teammates suggested that in cases like this, just be a social loafer. Do the work, and go with what they fuck up. Cause at the end of the day, you stress out more than its worth.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:48 AM   #2220

the stretch of Lougheed/Barnet in Coquitlam where the lights are in 4 cycles

fuck this stretch hard
Old 05-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #2221

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
people that don't fucking clean up after themselves and leaving their garbage behind
Old 05-04-2017, 01:10 AM   #2222
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,490 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
When people assume you can speak mandarin and then look dumbfounded you can't. I am already having a hard time speaking in Cantonese to strangers.
Was at metrotown T&T when a mastercard guy comes up from behind me and starts doing his pitch in mando.
I kept a straight face and let him do his pitch until finally I burst out laughing

I apologized and let him do his pitch in english
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:14 AM   #2223

What the hell is up with people not letting people merge in from the middle lane to the right most lane?

I tend to merge in at the right most lane more or less before the 600m sign to Willingdon so that I can exit and every other morning there's some dipshit who'll aggressively close the gap and not let me merge in. The kicker is that most of the time, these dipshists don't even end up exiting at Willingdon.

Quit being cunts. Let people merge in. You're not gonna gain precious time. It makes you a dumb piece of shit.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 PM   #2224
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
HEU

Fuck off, I'm not in your union. Stop calling me 3 times a day to tell me who to vote for.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #2225
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Fast food joints. Bring on the fucking robots already maybe then I won't have to pull over and wait for 10 minutes after the drive thru and then have to run inside because they fucked up the order.

Or I could just start eating better I suppose.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: