REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #2226
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
One of my teammates suggested that in cases like this, just be a social loafer. Do the work, and go with what they fuck up. Cause at the end of the day, you stress out more than its worth.
I thought of that, but my work depends on his and by the end of the month, I'm going to have to fix it because my grade depends on it.

A class we have taught us risk analysis and suggests that at the beginning of any project, put in minimal amount of work to produce the skeleton of the project so that if it gets cancelled, you lose very little. That's what I should have done.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:01 PM   #2227
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Fast food joints. Bring on the fucking robots already maybe then I won't have to pull over and wait for 10 minutes after the drive thru and then have to run inside because they fucked up the order.

Or I could just start eating better I suppose.
I got a free McFlurry and small fries because the first window cashier left without telling anyone so I drove to the last window. Dude hands me the food and said thanks for coming. Had the money in hand but who says no to free food amrite
Spoiler!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:40 AM   #2228
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
this weather

fuck this weather, fuck every drop of rain, fuck every cloud, fuck the past winter, fuck the snow

from a weather's perspective, fuck this year
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2017, 08:53 AM   #2229

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
When people dont pull forward to the last pump at the gas station.

Drives me fucking mental.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #2230

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
What the hell is up with people not letting people merge in from the middle lane to the right most lane?

I tend to merge in at the right most lane more or less before the 600m sign to Willingdon so that I can exit and every other morning there's some dipshit who'll aggressively close the gap and not let me merge in. The kicker is that most of the time, these dipshists don't even end up exiting at Willingdon.
or you could just merge in when you see /past the 1200m sign
Old 05-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #2231

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
When people dont pull forward to the last pump at the gas station.

Drives me fucking mental.
what if the car infront of them left while they were already pumping gas

#WrongPlace #WrongTime
Old 05-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #2232
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
When you go to bed early and your SO comes home after you've been asleep for a couple of hours, loads up a movie on Netflix in the bedroom, wakes you up because she's bored, and falls asleep half an hour into the movie ...
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:31 PM   #2233
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
The only acceptable situation is if she chilled with the Netflix. Otherwise tell her to eff off
Old 05-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #2234

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
The only acceptable situation is if she chilled with the Netflix. Otherwise tell her to eff off
Zero chill
Old 05-17-2017, 03:08 AM   #2235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
When you go to bed early and your SO comes home after you've been asleep for a couple of hours, loads up a movie on Netflix in the bedroom, wakes you up because she's bored, and falls asleep half an hour into the movie ...
You shouldn't have TV/computers/laptops in your bedroom. I realize sleeping hygiene is so important when you get older, as it becomes harder to fall asleep or get enough sleep.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #2236
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

single lane traffic, overtaking someone (old man was driving slow) on a broken yellow line, and then he decides to accelerate to match my speed. like... Trust me it was totally safe to cross into the opposite lane as absolutely no cars were travelling on the other side of the lane.

After passing him, he then decides to tailgate me and honk continuously like a mad-man. I can only assume he forgot about the rules regarding solid/broken yellow lines.
Posted via RS Mobile
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:44 PM   #2237

people who work phones and can't hear for shit

if i have to spell shit out for you more than three times and you STILL get it wrong, you need help.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #2238
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
People who lack respect for others but want to be treated as Kings and Queens. If you cannot calm down and freak out like a 12 year old at me, fuck off. Don't tell my big customer to "learn how to drive", how about you learn to shut your big fat vagina. No one needs to hear the shit spewing out of there.

But all in all, I showed face and nicely to park this spot or outside. And also calmed down my big customer in Cantonese, not to deal with them. Getting angry over parking is redonkulous. Got my salt out, good vibes only. Peace!
Old 06-04-2017, 05:13 PM   #2239

Places that accepts cash only......especially when HST was a thing.

That and places that ask for more tip when the service was exceptionally bad, they would literally argue about it and would not let you leave the restaurant. ** cough Bamboo Grove in Richmond**
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #2240

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracrunchie View Post
Places that accepts cash only......especially when HST was a thing.

That and places that ask for more tip when the service was exceptionally bad, they would literally argue about it and would not let you leave the restaurant. ** cough Bamboo Grove in Richmond**
Call the police for forcible confinement. As long as you paid your bill, tip is optional. You could leave $0 and there isn't shit they can do about it. The exception to this is that restaurants may, at their option, require a mandatory tip for large parties (6 or more), which would be added to your bill.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #2241

Quote:
Call the police for forcible confinement. As long as you paid your bill, tip is optional. You could leave $0 and there isn't shit they can do about it. The exception to this is that restaurants may, at their option, require a mandatory tip for large parties (6 or more), which would be added to your bill.
Funny thing was the owner was the one that suggested to call the cops and I really wish they did though I dont think the cops would come and we didnt want to wait hours.

My sis gave them more tip on a separate transaction on her credit card then did a chargeback. They made it sound like we were in the wrong, it was a awful feeling for sure.
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #2242

Condos that splits two ways when you arrive at a floor and doesn't tell which side has what range of apartment #.

I'm about to bring a sharpie with me every time and just fucking write it on their wall.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #2243

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
When you're sitting in your 2500sqft home.. and a fucking fly feels the need to fly within a 5ft radius of you non fucking stop.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #2244
God of Unce

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
When you're sitting in your 2500sqft home.. and a fucking fly feels the need to fly within a 5ft radius of you non fucking stop.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #2245

When your teacher changes the goal posts on an assignment 5 hours before it's due, resulting in you being up until midnight on a work night to change it.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2017, 08:07 AM   #2246

Quote:
When your teacher changes the goal posts on an assignment 5 hours before it's due, resulting in you being up until midnight on a work night to change it.

prolly what i would've done

i was a shitty student

Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #2247

craigslist lowballers

Just shut the fuck up with your cheap ass shit...i don't need a lecture from you on the market.
I have a price, take it or leave it. You don't like it? Too fuckin bad for you.

fuckin hate these cheap fucks who think everything can be had on the cheap
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #2248

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
craigslist lowballers

Just shut the fuck up with your cheap ass shit...i don't need a lecture from you on the market.
I have a price, take it or leave it. You don't like it? Too fuckin bad for you.

fuckin hate these cheap fucks who think everything can be had on the cheap
LOL at the petty people that take time out of their day to do this

if you don't like the price just keep scrolling
Old 06-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #2249

pretty much

especially hate the ones who go throw out some lowball shit then says "cash, picked up right now"

OH REALLY, CASH?! THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!
like, bitch, how else were you gonna pay? bottlecaps? credit? cheque?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #2250
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Drivers, who are stopped briefly at a stop sign, that try to turn right into a street expecting the vehicles in front of them to stop for them.

Where the fuck is your patience and obedience to the traffic rules? Stop behind the stop sign and wait for your turn to turn right when there is a safe distance to turn right!

Idiotic, impatient drivers with a sense of entitlement!

I see many drivers pull this stunt every day in the Lower Mainland. SUV and truck drivers are the worst with this bad habit!!

I just speed up on the road to ensure that driver facing the stop sign cannot just cut right in front of me and ignore the stop sign.