REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 09-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #2351
God of Unce

When you spent at least a month rebranding the company's logo and it turns out not being used. Wtf is the point of this in the first place if your minds aren't in it in the beginning?

Unorganized and a big waste of time when there's multiple projects that only rely on my skill sets here.

Feels like i'm doing spec work, fuck.
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2017, 11:26 AM   #2352
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
left turn lanes with no left turn light

1 lane intersections with no left turn light

I recall there was an intersection in downtown Vancouver where you had to turn left and it was single lane. No advanced left, so you just have this long ass line of cars waiting for pedestrians until yellow light, where one or two cars can finally make the turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui712 View Post
people in front of condo's that double park on the side of the road and turn on their hazard lights then just sit there.

example of what I mean:

UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #2353
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
this goddamned fucking haze and heatwave

i've never looked forward to 10C days and endless rain so badly in my life
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-08-2017, 07:45 PM   #2354
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
People not typing in full sentences has been pissing me off lately. Then blames me for not understanding their text...
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #2355
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
People who fucking back into one-way parking spots designed for pulling in.

You fucking idiots.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2017, 02:04 PM   #2356
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
People who fucking back into one-way parking spots designed for pulling in.

You fucking idiots.
The Safeway on West 4 does this... poorly. It's a one way parking lot with the stalls faced in the wrong direction. Like wtf???
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #2357
I STILL don't get it

lost my damn debit/visa card for the 2nd time in a year.
i know i put it away before i left for Vegas... now i just can't remember where i hid it.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #2358

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
lost my damn debit/visa card for the 2nd time in a year.
i know i put it away before i left for Vegas... now i just can't remember where i hid it.
Better than that one friend I have who left his card in the ATM. When he went back to look for the card, it was gone. He had to call the card company right away to cancel it.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #2359
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Better than that one friend I have who left his card in the ATM. When he went back to look for the card, it was gone. He had to call the card company right away to cancel it.
i'm w/ RBC so they have separate Visa/Debit cards from your actual debit card. it's useless for anything other than online purchases lol. Last year (the first time I lost it), I actually dropped my wristlet at Commercial Stn on my way home with all my cards and $200 cash in it that I had made from tips that night. Someone turned it into Translink (with the cash still inside), but I didn't get the letter til after I had already reported it all lost and replaced everything I was happy i got everything back tho, i went to the nearest starbucks and paid for a round of drinks for everyone in line
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #2360

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Annoys me when stupid coworkers ask me stupid questions that an entry level staff would ask. Someone that's been working for 5 yrs should know the answer and make the correct judgement calls.....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #2361

When people think signaling for turns is a thing to do just because they were told to when they were practicing for their road test, THEN they get mad because I honked at them. Sorry, if I randomly see brake lights with no turn signal, you deserve this honk. FFS turn signals are for warning the drivers around you what you're doing.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:44 AM   #2362

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
When people think signaling for turns is a thing to do just because they were told to when they were practicing for their road test, THEN they get mad because I honked at them. Sorry, if I randomly see brake lights with no turn signal, you deserve this honk. FFS turn signals are for warning the drivers around you what you're doing.
I honk the fuck out of those types of people. They stop and look at me like what's my problem LOL.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #2363
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Was it a Beemer?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #2364
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
I use my turn signals all the time.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #2365

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Was it a Beemer?

I think it was an X5, looked brand new too, with an asian lady (ofc) driving it. Either that or it was the X-series looking Benz. She used the turn signal, just not before braking.

I must make all the BMW drivers look bad by using my indicators LOL
Old 09-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #2366
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Me too, I feel like it is all muscle memory. Same goes with when the street lights turn on, lights on. I still see cunts with no lights on at night. Then they get mad at me because they "didn't know" you had to turn them on manual.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #2367
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:

Saw some guy double parked on Howe during rush hour, jammed up the streets for blocks.. fucking pos
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #2368
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehook View Post
Me too, I feel like it is all muscle memory. Same goes with when the street lights turn on, lights on. I still see cunts with no lights on at night. Then they get mad at me because they "didn't know" you had to turn them on manual.
Then the government has to waste money to develop new regulations for manufacturers to follow, all because people are too stupid to figure out how the light switch in their vehicle works.

New safety rules aim at 'phantom vehicles' running at night without lights - Politics - CBC News

The federal government is targeting the growing number of "phantom vehicles" that pose a safety hazard on Canada's roads and highways.

Transport Canada says many Canadians have written to the department warning about the dangers of vehicles that travel in the dark without their tail lights illuminated, making them hard to spot.

The reason? Daytime headlights and dashboard lights are automatically lit when most modern vehicles are started, and too many drivers erroneously assume their tail lights are also illuminated when darkness falls.

"The vehicle's illuminated dashboard can give the driver a false sense that their outside lights are activated, when they are not," says a memo to Transport Minister Marc Garneau.

"The department has received a continuous high influx of letters from the driving public raising concerns about the increasing amount of phantom vehicles on the roads."
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2017, 04:55 AM   #2369
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
People who post naked pictures of their clearly not infant children on Facebook. Like what the fuck? I don't want to wake up to pics of naked 6-year-olds.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #2370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
Then the government has to waste money to develop new regulations for manufacturers to follow, all because people are too stupid to figure out how the light switch in their vehicle works.

New safety rules aim at 'phantom vehicles' running at night without lights - Politics - CBC News

The federal government is targeting the growing number of "phantom vehicles" that pose a safety hazard on Canada's roads and highways.

Transport Canada says many Canadians have written to the department warning about the dangers of vehicles that travel in the dark without their tail lights illuminated, making them hard to spot.

The reason? Daytime headlights and dashboard lights are automatically lit when most modern vehicles are started, and too many drivers erroneously assume their tail lights are also illuminated when darkness falls.

"The vehicle's illuminated dashboard can give the driver a false sense that their outside lights are activated, when they are not," says a memo to Transport Minister Marc Garneau.

"The department has received a continuous high influx of letters from the driving public raising concerns about the increasing amount of phantom vehicles on the roads."
Saw a lot of idiots like that.

Don't they just realize how little they can see?
Old 09-14-2017, 04:01 PM   #2371

Thanked 1,225 Times in 223 Posts
People who want to add extra meat or vegetables to their dish but doesn't want to pay the extra dollar or two.

People who go "Increase in price, I'm never coming back!" We haven't increased our prices for nearly 2 years. Everything is going up in prices; vegetables, meat, gas, minimum pay. Look at Deer Garden, bowl of noodles were $9.25 a couple years back, now it is 11 something. Side dishes were 1.50, now it is 3 dollars. Everyone is increasing the prices, it is the only way to survive in Metro Vancouver.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:17 PM   #2372
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I use my turn signals even when no one else is around lmao
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #2373

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
people that take up 2 parking spots on the street

move your car up a bit FFS
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 AM   #2374
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
All the debris that seems to be landing to the road lately. Yesterday my wife got a screw in a 4 month old tire on her way home, that's the second time in the last year. Apparently it's too close to the sidewall so we're just going to chuck on the winters and deal with it in the spring.

Quote:
Saw a lot of idiots like that.

Don't they just realize how little they can see?
In town you don't really need headlights with all the street lights, especially with DRLs.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #2375

When people take up two lanes to make a fuckin right turn. Fuck you.
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote