REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

gdoh 09-24-2010 11:58 AM

i dont think its supposedto sit on ur neck go youtube it and get a better idea or you could always use something like a towel for cushion

hal0g0dv2 09-24-2010 12:18 PM

i find the bar sits best on my lower traps and almost my shoulders kinda, if its on your neck its going to fucking kill u

hal0g0dv2 09-24-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 7118320)
how long does it take for a trueprotein order to get delivered?

mine got shipped Tuesday and still not here the last time i got one its was like 5 days i really itching for this one to come got some sweet shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RacePace 09-24-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 7118422)
ok ppl r gonna call me out for being a bitch but I've always used the pad the cushion my neck/shoulders/traps when squatting. I just switched gyms so I do it without the pad. but next day it fucking hurts. I'll probably get used to it to the point that I'll feel no pain but thats got to be bad for you somehow?... having all that weight coming down on a condensed area? or am i just trippin... buddy told me to move the bar further down my back

well if it's sitting on your neck then of course it's going to hurt. it should be sitting on your traps, where you (hopefully) have muscle to cushion it. nothing wrong with using a pad imo, but even if you are letting that weight sit on your neck with a pad, it'll cause injury

ws6ta 09-24-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7118454)
mine got shipped Tuesday and still not here the last time i got one its was like 5 days i really itching for this one to come got some sweet shizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

details on "sweet shizzz" :D:D

does your tracking number work?

ws6ta 09-24-2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdoh (Post 7118335)
have u tried 1mr

No, if I take too much caffeine I start feeling sick so I decided not to try it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhari (Post 7118341)
try blackpowder, its pretty good as well. it makes me less jittery than superpump and i dont feel like sleeping/passing out as soon as im done working out.

Tried blackpowder. Good but I prefer white flood over it.

If white flood did not exist I would go with Jack3d. 3rd would be blackpowder.

The worst one I personally tried has to be scivation's vasocharge. Still got one sealed tub and one I used for 3 days. Probably good for those very sensitive to stims.

!Yaminashi 09-24-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 7118562)
No, if I take too much caffeine I start feeling sick so I decided not to try it out.

You could always try half a scoop. First time I tried that, my energy seemed endless that day, AND....it was BACK day that day:D:D

jeffh 09-24-2010 03:22 PM

yeah im too much of a puss for no pad squats
had to do a couple sets the other day, no fun

back in the gym tonight, still feeling a little under the weather
just gonna do arms tonight, my chest back and legs are all still killing from tues and weds

sonick 09-24-2010 03:23 PM

Fuuuuu friends are all busy tonight, no plans. Might just go to the gym

hotong 09-24-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 7118645)
Fuuuuu friends are all busy tonight, no plans. Might just go to the gym

the only friend i have is the gym

hud 91gt 09-24-2010 05:17 PM

Careful with the bar guys. I loved doing squats with no pad, it was great until the next day I tried to workout and had completely no strength in my left arm, and the forearm was numb to the touch. After some research on the internet I determined it to be a pinched nerve. I don't keep the bar high at all, but I guess there wasn't quite enough muscle on my traps (or too much weight :p ) and it still put a little pressure on my spine. I felt no discomfort at the time, but I regretted it for the next 3 weeks I took off from the gym. I now use the pad, and it just feels awkward, but better safe then sorry.

DC5-S 09-24-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 7118776)
Careful with the bar guys. I loved doing squats with no pad, it was great until the next day I tried to workout and had completely no strength in my left arm, and the forearm was numb to the touch. After some research on the internet I determined it to be a pinched nerve. I don't keep the bar high at all, but I guess there wasn't quite enough muscle on my traps (or too much weight :p ) and it still put a little pressure on my spine. I felt no discomfort at the time, but I regretted it for the next 3 weeks I took off from the gym. I now use the pad, and it just feels awkward, but better safe then sorry.

am I the only one that doesn't use pads for squats? I don't feel any pain ever, I rest it in between the shoulder blades and traps
Posted via RS Mobile

RRxtar 09-24-2010 05:45 PM

tried no pad squats this week. about 185lbs felt ok but any more than that was too uncomfortable to do. mighta been because i did shrugs the day before and my traps were sore

in any case ill stick with the pad. theres no real reason not to

hal0g0dv2 09-24-2010 05:57 PM

http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fitshow/2010olympia/

hal0g0dv2 09-24-2010 07:04 PM

back and biceps today
solid sesh

deadlifts
45 x 5
2 45's x 5
3 45's x 5
3 45's and 25 for 5
then i tried to do 5 plates failed so did 4 plates and a 25 will get 5 plates next week tho
dunbells rows, rowed up to 120 kept mostly high reps
v hook pull down superseted with pull ups

L0uie69 09-24-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws6ta (Post 7118320)
how long does it take for a trueprotein order to get delivered?

I always get my order the following week thursday. They usually ship on a thursday, takes about a week.

RRxtar 09-24-2010 08:09 PM

good workout tonight. no increase in any weights but felt good all around for the most part

bench press, cable row, deadlifts, chins, flys, dumbell row

mc25 09-24-2010 09:14 PM

I used to use the manta thing ( i could never balance that well with the pad). Recently, past 6 months, I started using no pad, and at first it hurt the traps, but now i dont notice it. THen again, my squats are weak (for now, i dont train that area enough)

Solid chest and tri day today. Decided to stay in the zone with tris after doing a good bench.

I have been gaining weight, seems like mostly fat. I think i have to keep eating the amount i am (maybe a bit better of a meal plan though) and increase cardio.

ws6ta 09-25-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 7118794)
am I the only one that doesn't use pads for squats? I don't feel any pain ever, I rest it in between the shoulder blades and traps
Posted via RS Mobile

I find if strange using the pad. I guess it's all about what you get comfortable with.
Posted via RS Mobile

StealthFighter 09-25-2010 01:04 AM

i don't use the pussy pad. it doesn't hurt when i rest it on my traps. when you retract your shoulder blades, your traps create a cushion anyways.

Quote:

If your back hurts excessively while squatting, then chances are good you aren't flexing your upper back muscles sufficiently to "pad" your skeleton. When you grip the bar, you must keep your hands in toward the body as closely as possible while gripping the bar BEFORE you unrack the bar and start squatting.

In other words, get under the bar, bring your hands in as closely as possible along the bar, grip the bar with a thumbless grip, lift your elbows back and up, and step under the weight. By keeping your hands close and your elbows back and up, the muscles of your entire shoulder girdle, as well as your trapezius muscles, will all "bunch/hunch up", which will provide significant padding for the bar. Ensure the bar is kept in the "low bar position" at the lower-rear portion of your traps and rear deltoids, and you should be fine.
here's a quote from the starting strength wiki.

Quote:

The main problem with the pad, in addition to making you look like a wuss, is that it tends to throw the center of gravity off. For an experienced trainee, this won't be a problem, they can compensate (and they probably wouldn't ask to use a pad anyway). For a novice trainee, this can be VERY detrimental to proper technique and balance development inherent in the learning process of the squat. So, all joking aside, the pad might help your upper shoulders "feel better" while squatting, but once you get to heavy weight, that little pad won't do jack squat, except for throw off your technique! If you have a shoulder injury, then the pad won't help at all. Look into using a Buffalo Bar, a Safety Squat Bar, or a Manta Ray

BlackV62K2 09-25-2010 04:47 AM

Looked at the pre judge pics for Mr O and I think it'll be a close battle between Phil and Jay for 1st.

hal0g0dv2 09-25-2010 07:08 AM

^^ yeah phil looks nutty I'm surprised Dexter was in top 4 also , shitty for Kai
Posted via RS Mobile

ws6ta 09-25-2010 09:25 AM

How it should go down: 1) Phil 2) jay
How it will go down: 1) jay 2) phil
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 09-25-2010 09:29 AM

^^ haha, dexter is looking money tho that guy has the fucking skinniest waist ever man, yeah it sucked im sure the judges are all pro JAY

keepz1 09-25-2010 10:15 AM

went to go workout last night at sports central and they got someone to paint a huge picture of arnold on the wall..kind of motivated me