REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hal0g0dv2 09-25-2010 09:10 PM

jesus jay cutler again fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

incubus 09-25-2010 11:13 PM

Yeah syntha 6 is probly one of the best tasting proteins

Xpand is on whey cheap pretty legit pwo too
Posted via RS Mobile

incubus 09-26-2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EX-R (Post 7119881)
i weigh 158 at 5'7 right now. i took a body composition test and my fat mass is at 25.6lbs. im pretty content with my muscle mass right now but i have a really bad belly which is my main reason of losing weight. ive also been bulking up since the past 3 months. went from 148lbs to 161lbs and just started cutting just less than a week ago.

oxy elite pro is supposed to be really good but highly potent and makes you feel like your on speed lol

chinook79 09-26-2010 05:39 AM

fucking annoying EI dude in the gym.... He never puts weight back in the rack after he's done his sets nor does he ever wipe his sweat off the bench. Normally I wouldn't care much but this guy sweats so much and I don't feel comfortable using bench after him unless I wipe it out first..
Literally he leaves 3 different pairs of dumbell hanging around the gym floor and off he goes to other weight machine.

hal0g0dv2 09-26-2010 07:45 AM

^^ say something or he will continue to do it

RRxtar 09-26-2010 10:25 AM

switched up dumbell shoulder presses yesterday from traditional to rotating. palms facing ears at bottom, facing forward at the top. i guess basically half an arnold press

really enjoyed them

Oleophobic 09-26-2010 12:17 PM

Hey this is a question for skinnypup.
I know you were able to lose about 30 lbs going on zero (or trace) carbs and eating only proteins and fat. My question is though, if you're not counting calories wouldn't you still need to be at a deficit to lose fat? I know you were able to do it (congrats btw) but could it be due to your experience or whatnot you were able to eat at a decifit without really counting?

I'm about to embark on no carb diet (except PWO) but what would happen if I end up eating at a surplus without realizing it? Since protein + fat will be eaten and fat is calorie-dense, it wouldn't be hard to end up at a surplus despite the HIIT cardio. Everything I've read, whether it'd be from iron addicts or t-nation or any bb site all reinforces the idea that you need to be at a deficit to lose fat, even if your macro-nutrient profiles are correct. This is why a keto, or timed carb diet can all be used to mass...you just need to add calories.

Just wondering do things just end up working out or did you have to adjust your intake as you went along?

thanks

hud 91gt 09-26-2010 12:47 PM

Someone correct me if i'm running in the wrong direction, but eliminating carbs from your diet is putting your body into a stage of "Ketosis". Your body uses Carbs for energy, if it has no carbs available your body will learn to use the next best thing. Fats.

If you frequent any body building boards, you will see people on "keto diets". Basically people going nuts on anything they wants as long as they are taking in 0 carbs (I mean watching what they eat, chewing gum has carbs in it). High fat diets filed with red meat, bacon, cheese, anything you can dream of and these people seem to still loose fat as your body is using it's fat storage as energy.

It seems like a fairly extreme change and i've never tried it, but it works for some.

hud 91gt 09-26-2010 12:49 PM

Took my BP this morning, and it was a little high so i'm going to start throwing some cardio into my routine. Started with 35 minutes on the elliptical machine keeping my HR at about 157.

I then carried on to the bench and powered out 215 x 5. Next time i'm going to go for 2 plates, the big milestone. I'm pretty pumped. I followed up with seated row, incline flyes, and DB rows. Overall pretty happy for a sunday morning.

Hondaracer 09-26-2010 06:16 PM

Hud that's basically the general idea

Proteins and fats are not turned into the sugars that flow through your blood as carbs are, so by eating straight protein your body uses it's stores of fat for energy rather than the constant intake of carba your normal diet would have

As skinny usually says, fats are not as bad for you as sources makes them out to be and in alot of cases not bad at all
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 09-26-2010 06:18 PM

i did no carbs well 50G of carbs for close to a month and yeah it killed me but i did it for a reason, now i carb load and such, i still eat carbs but only oat meal, sweet potatoes and other traces, i go threw so much oat meal on high carb days, but i find this way is working pretty well and back to my normal self in the weight room but 40pounds less after my cut, ( then again i am not human )

hotong 09-26-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7121010)
i did no carbs well 50G of carbs for close to a month and yeah it killed me but i did it for a reason, now i carb load and such, i still eat carbs but only oat meal, sweet potatoes and other traces, i go threw so much oat meal on high carb days, but i find this way is working pretty well and back to my normal self in the weight room but 40pounds less after my cut, ( then again i am not human )

w0w

SkinnyPupp 09-27-2010 04:39 AM

Just did my first workout after the trip. Feels like I didn't miss a beat.

The good: I DL'd more than last week (95 kg)
The bad: my grip was starting to feel weak by the
20th rep or so.

I had to hike my shorts up to free movement, and I noticed that my legs have gotten thicker since starting. I guess that's much of the 6 or 7 lbs I gained.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 09-27-2010 08:39 AM

Had to buy some more of that AmiNO Energy, I love that stuff! I bought grape this time, and also got another Hydro whey so I could get another free bottle of fruit punch. I need some chocolate whey anyway, so I just see this as getting a 3.5 lber for $35 :)

Also got some CHEAP SUPPLEMENTS Leucine and BCAA. KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID!

gdoh 09-27-2010 08:44 AM

has anyone ever had pain in thier calf the next day after running on the tredmill??

its effecting my training ability, at the end of class my calf gets so sore that the pain goes to my knee. help plz

SkinnyPupp 09-27-2010 08:59 AM

If that happens, stop running. Humans weren't meant to run for long distances anyway. Row, use the eliptical, kickbox, do aerobics, whatever

gdoh 09-27-2010 09:12 AM

but i want to run QQ and i already do kickboxing

does the eliptical get good cardio like running??

SkinnyPupp 09-27-2010 09:16 AM

Probably better

If you like to run, why are you on a treadmill?

gdoh 09-27-2010 09:26 AM

cuz i have gym membership and its easier for running uphill i got bad knees, but there are alot better now that ive been biking

incubus 09-27-2010 10:44 AM

Mayb invest in a knee brace or sleeve?

Intrabolic is on whey cheap pretty good intra, halo didn't u have some in your stack lasttime u showed us pixs or ur stack
Posted via RS Mobile

jmvdesign 09-27-2010 10:48 AM

gdoh - I have a similar problem with bad knees and I prefer doing the elliptical more than running for cardio. It's easier on the knees and you can crank up the settings to burn more calories.

JSilver 09-27-2010 11:51 AM

First hit of ZMA and I'm feeling good.

I would usually wake up and slack around for a bit. But this morning I got out of bed and felt fresh. I think I'm liking this stuff already.

hal0g0dv2 09-27-2010 03:23 PM

^^^^^^ i live off that stuff

hal0g0dv2 09-27-2010 03:28 PM

ohhh shit

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9495/001fk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hondaracer 09-27-2010 03:58 PM

today was the first day i did all my "running" on the eliptical to give my knee's a break and i was sweating way more than i would be running on the track

the only thing i think you miss on the eleptical is the vibrations your body feel from hitting the hard ground rather than the fluid motion of an elepitcal, i think it might be my new thing though now, save my knees