REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

DC5-S 09-19-2010 07:47 AM

its called testosterone
Posted via RS Mobile

ws6ta 09-19-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 (Post 7110915)
No u shrink when u do legs
Posted via RS Mobile

unless you take celltech :D :p

http://www.funnystuffblog.com/images/cell-tech-boy.jpg
http://www.funnystuffblog.com/images/cell-tech-2.jpg

jimzilla 09-19-2010 11:44 AM

For the guys dead-lifting and squatting 500+ lbs, do you guys use a belt? If so, where did you get yours and was it reasonably priced?

I've been looking at lever belts from Inzer ($90, 13mm) and Toro ($70, 10mm) and was wondering if any of you guys have any input into this matter.

nns 09-19-2010 01:15 PM

For you guys who take creatine, during your deloading phase, do you still take pre-workout shakes that contain creatine in it? EG: NO-Xplode.

incubus 09-19-2010 02:56 PM

theres very little creatine in pwo

u mean deloading creatine, alot of ppl say theres no need to do that a bunch of my buddies go 2 or 3 months on and take a 3 week break no need to load,

if your scared to take creatine wit a pwo just take it post

hal0g0dv2 09-19-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimzilla (Post 7111138)
For the guys dead-lifting and squatting 500+ lbs, do you guys use a belt? If so, where did you get yours and was it reasonably priced?

I've been looking at lever belts from Inzer ($90, 13mm) and Toro ($70, 10mm) and was wondering if any of you guys have any input into this matter.

i have never used gear when dead lifting or squatting just cause it looks more bad ass, elites fts has a ton of gear if that is what u r in to
http://elitefts.com/

L0uie69 09-19-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimzilla (Post 7111138)

i use a 13mm buckle belt from inzer

dim_sum 09-19-2010 08:23 PM

to those doing deadlifts, do you guys use straps? i find that i'm always losing grip on my 4th and 5th sets. i feel that using straps won't develop the forearms

hal0g0dv2 09-19-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dim_sum (Post 7111688)
to those doing deadlifts, do you guys use straps? i find that i'm always losing grip on my 4th and 5th sets. i feel that using straps won't develop the forearms

very good

DaFonz 09-19-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpuGen (Post 7109781)
So.. I had a work related accident a few years ago, and recently had a checkup with the Surgeon/Doctor.

I was having trouble with strength and asked him what I could do about it, and he told me to just compensate with pecs and shoulders.

Long Story short, I have half a right bicep and no Brachialus in my right arm....I'm having trouble getting an even build for my arms since that's like half of my upper arm that's missing.

So... Anyone have suggestions for a Shoulder/Pec workout that focuses on strength?
I'm doing Benches, free weight Bench, Incline Military press, Deadlifts, and squats.
I haven't seen much improvement after the first 3 months of working out again.. I can do more weights, but my right arm just drops the weight unexpectedly sometimes. I can't do rows at all, which sucks.

Suggestions?

Also: Been running for the past year. An hour 3 days a week. Crunches with weights, incline situps, Full body workout every other day I'm not running.
I've cut down ALOT on my carb intake to the point where I only eat Meat, Veggies, and Fruits. I stopped drinking Coke, but I'll have the beer every once in a while. My gut is not going away.

I'm stuck at 166. I'm 5'7. I look.. bulky.

More Cardio?

Go on stronglifts.com and do the 5x5 program. Skip the cardio. You should be progressing your loads which it doesn't sound like you are. Every other day for a full body workout (assuming you do squats every workout) sounds like a bit much - 4x a week of heavy squats is... insane.

Cycle carbs. More protein, more fat.

DaFonz 09-19-2010 09:42 PM

Had a ridiculous pig out session (it was planned) where I ate 7k calories of crap. Went to the gym and KILLED it.

New PRs set
Deadlifts = 355 lbs.
Squat = 260 lbs. 240 was something I'd been struggling with all week, but it felt freaking light. Tried for 3 plates.. but alas, no love. Should be there by November if everything goes to plan.

SkinnyPupp 09-19-2010 09:56 PM

About to head out to the gym now. Going to attempt front squats again - they always feel so awkward to me so it will be difficult.

strykn 09-19-2010 10:44 PM

Anyone try vitastack?

hud 91gt 09-20-2010 07:16 AM

Day 3 in a hotel room for work. On the plus side it has a decent gym for a hotel. Did bit of a random workout today consisting of the leg press, leg curls, pull ups (Finally feeling my lats work :) ) and shoulder press. Back home tomorrow!

I've also been eating a bit more and I tipped the scale at 189lb this morning. Up from 183 about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately i'm loosing definition.

SkinnyPupp 09-20-2010 07:32 AM

Finally figured out how to do front squats. I was having trouble at first, but I grabbed my phone and looked at some videos on Youtube. I could have asked a trainer I suppose, but they were all busy teaching people how to do curls and use the smith machine for squats.

I actually prefer front squats to back, and look forward to really increasing the amount of weight I can do.

Heading to Thailand tomorrow. Will have to get 2 workouts in this week at the hotel. I hope I can get around to it! My diet will be shit, that's for sure. I'll be in the land of dudes who are 130 lbs at most ;)

po.chac.co 09-20-2010 07:48 AM

this may seem awkward but im certain it has happened to most of you...
how do you prevent/avoid sweaty ass? it shows on the seats and is quite embarrassing tbh :S
is there special type of undergarment youre suppose to wear or what? cos this happens almost every time i get a good workout in.

hal0g0dv2 09-20-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenryuubito (Post 7112078)
how do you prevent/avoid sweaty ass? it shows on the seats and is quite embarrassing tbh :S
is there special type of undergarment youre suppose to wear or what? cos this happens almost every time i get a good workout in.

dont work out that will probably help, sweating is natural im fucking soaked after the gym

hal0g0dv2 09-20-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7112069)
Finally figured out how to do front squats. I was having trouble at first, but I grabbed my phone and looked at some videos on Youtube. I could have asked a trainer I suppose, but they were all busy teaching people how to do curls and use the smith machine for squats.

I actually prefer front squats to back, and look forward to really increasing the amount of weight I can do.

Heading to Thailand tomorrow. Will have to get 2 workouts in this week at the hotel. I hope I can get around to it! My diet will be shit, that's for sure. I'll be in the land of dudes who are 130 lbs at most ;)

yeah skinny front squats are legit, i find it gets the front quad more into inner tight area, i still love back squats tho :D

ws6ta 09-20-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

HAHAHA know the feeling. just wear sweatpants that are thick. like the ones from nike. the thinner they are the easier sweat will get through. nike/jordan sweatpants are the shit!

sonick 09-20-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

People don't care, just make sure to wipe it down real good when you're done.

SkinnyPupp 09-20-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

The answer is don't be a pussy

hal0g0dv2 09-20-2010 09:03 AM

just did a fatty true protein order cant wait

SkinnyPupp 09-20-2010 09:07 AM

I think I might order some more of that ON Essential Amino stuff. I love it as my caffeinated drink instead of Coke Zero :)

hal0g0dv2 09-20-2010 09:10 AM

^^ yeah i told my friend that i know some guy that uses it ( you ^^) he picked it up and he loves it

ws6ta 09-20-2010 09:39 AM

I'm failing so bad at my diet LOL. I've been saying I'm going to lose weight for months now!

August 30 = 211.6

got as low as 207.6 in the middle.

September 20 = 215.00

I think it was like june when I was 213 and wanting to lose weight.

going to take this seriously now. use fitday.com to monitor calories. Going to try to hit 200.
\