REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #426
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

What is the exact release date for G-Note II??? my contract is up november or december,.. gonna suck if its not released by then, I want something worth of a WindTAB..
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #427
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
What is the exact release date for G-Note II??? my contract is up november or december,.. gonna suck if its not released by then, I want something worth of a WindTAB..
Middle East/Asia is releasing next month. We should get it by November to capitalize on the Holiday shopping season.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #428
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I still have the Holiday miracle plan. If I sign up windtap for a new phone, do I have to choose a new plan or can I keep my holiday miracle plan?
604_Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #429
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604_Snooze View Post
I still have the Holiday miracle plan. If I sign up windtap for a new phone, do I have to choose a new plan or can I keep my holiday miracle plan?
i think you should be okay... if you have an existing wind tab you may have to pay that off first
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #430

I don't have any Wind tab now, I pay monthly.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #431
HELP ME PLS!!!

Getting on a WindTab with existing plan shouldn't be an issue then.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #432

Quote:
I don't have any Wind tab now, I pay monthly.
i think you may have misinterpreted that question. hopefully i'm not misinterpreting your post..

did you purchase a phone from wind? if so, did you buy it outright, or did you get a reduced price, and thus, put on a windtab
Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #433

I didn't join the windTab, I bought a cellphone with regular price. It is an old Huawei u1250 and I want to upgrade to a newer andriod phone.

If I want to join windtab to get a new discounted phone, does that mean I will have to choose the current plans available? I want to keep my miracle holiday plan.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #434
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
I didn't join the windTab, I bought a cellphone with regular price. It is an old Huawei u1250 and I want to upgrade to a newer andriod phone.

If I want to join windtab to get a new discounted phone, does that mean I will have to choose the current plans available? I want to keep my miracle holiday plan.
You can keep your Miracle Plan.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #435
HELP ME PLS!!!

Confirmed: LG to release the Optimus 4X HD with WIND

Quote:
Last week we let you know that the LG Optimus 4X HD was heading to WIND Mobile and Quebec-regional carrier Videotron. Today, via a press release, it’s been confirmed. There’s still no price, or a clear date, but LG noted that “the Optimus 4X HD will debut in Canada in October and will be available through WIND Mobile and Videotron.”

The specs of the 4X HD will make this Android Ice Cream Sandwich device the most powerful one on each of their network. LG is pushing the quad-core spec hard, along with the 4.7-inch HD display (720×1280 resolution) and battery life. We hear that it’ll eventually be upgraded to OS 4.1 Jelly Bean, but LG noted that “In a future upgrade, LG will introduce Eco-Mode specifically for the Optimus 4X HD which will allow users to manually shut down any of the Tegra 3′s cores for even more control over power consumption and performance.”

We’ll have more info on this release soon, hopefully pricing.

SRC: Confirmed: LG to release the Optimus 4X HD in October, Quad-Core ICS coming to WIND and Videotron | MobileSyrup.com
Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #436

Quote:

then yea you should be able to keep the plan. just say you wanna buy whatever phone and put it on a windtab. should work like that.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #437
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Galaxy Note II

Wind pre register here:
WIND Mobile | Samsung Galaxy Note II
Old 09-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #438

register to reserve? or just emial notification when arrived
Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #439
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Anybody recently switch from mobilicity to wind? Considering making the switch before the September deal is over
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by d1; 09-28-2012 at 02:01 PM.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #440
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Turbo E has, and if you look through the past couple pages, he seems pretty happy overall.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #441
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:

The last time I talked to someone there, they wouldn't let me keep the Holiday Miracle Plan and said I had to chose a new existing plan, so I never got WindTab and just bought a unlocked T-Mobile phone.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #442
HELP ME PLS!!!

That person was probably trying to BS you. I highly doubt that.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #443
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
^ problem with Wind is their advertising is never clear or the sales person is completely misinformed.. and its part of their tactic

i was looking at peoples' post on the wind fb page and alot of people are complaining regarding their 1 year promo package that they signed up for a year ago and they were never actually told by the sales people its only a limited promo

or their current $29 deal says its unlimited text+data and LOCAL talk on any of their network, people are asking if Wind actually meant you can use your data and text canada wide but will pay for calling when in other region.. no one can confirm it and even some employees are unsure on fb

although both of their deals that is about to expire in 2 days are confirmed that its permanent as long as you have an account and not just a 1 year plan

some people have it at worst luck with Wind in other regions.. its actually entertaining to read the comments
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/WINDmobile?fref=ts

still though im satisfied.

Last edited by dub.g; 09-28-2012 at 08:04 PM.
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #444
The Lone Wanderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
The last time I talked to someone there, they wouldn't let me keep the Holiday Miracle Plan and said I had to chose a new existing plan, so I never got WindTab and just bought a unlocked T-Mobile phone.
If I were that interested in a windTab, I'd probably call corporate.

In the fine print of most of these new-customer deals is that existing customers can switch over, as long as they call the corporate line and switch to post-paid, and pay a plan-switch fee.

But most retail reps just say "Sorry, it's for new customers only." Not sure why, either.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #445
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
^ problem with Wind is their advertising is never clear or the sales person is completely misinformed.. and its part of their tactic
Go to a WIND Corporate store on Robson and Thurlow, the sales reps will be able to answer your questions with knowledge (and the least BS) they know, or if you're lazy, simply give them a call. They work for headquarter and not an individual licensed dealer, so there's less conflict of interest.
Quote:
i was looking at peoples' post on the wind fb page and alot of people are complaining regarding their 1 year promo package that they signed up for a year ago and they were never actually told by the sales people its only a limited promo
I don't know what the customers were looking at, but I am currently on that 1 year promo deal and even I know it's only a year at the time of signup. I remember the web ad distinctively highlighted that it's only a promo. It's either the sales rep were bs'in them at the time of sale at the store, or they clearly have comprehension issues from the paper and web ads. If you saw those ads on Metro, or 24, or on WIND Mobile site. It clearly indicates on the ad and fine print that it's a promo.

Quote:
or their current $29 deal says its unlimited text+data and LOCAL talk on any of their network, people are asking if Wind actually meant you can use your data and text canada wide but will pay for calling when in other region.. no one can confirm it and even some employees are unsure on fb
OK, their $29 plan is Unlimited Text, data, and local voice, meaning that you can talk to anyone in Vancouver, if you're in Vancouver, and if you're in Toronto, you can text, talk and data is unlimited locally in Toronto, even if you have a 604 or 778 mobile number. If you are outside of those areas or if you make long distance calls (in Toronto back to Vancouver, with a 604 or 778 number) in the WIND ZONE then it's roaming. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Their NATIONWIDE plan means you can call and text someone in Toronto FROM Vancouver for Free. If I fly to Toronto tomorrow then I am in the WIND ZONE (HOME), so it's free data, calling, texting, everything.[/quote]

Quote:
although both of their deals that is about to expire in 2 days are confirmed that its permanent as long as you have an account and not just a 1 year plan
The current WIND promo is PERMANENT as long as your account is ACTIVE.

and.. I don't work for WIND.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #446
The Lone Wanderator

Last summer, when I got my plan, it was
Quote:
Get our $45 plan for $29 for 12 months! After 12 months, it goes back to $45, which is still better than the big guys!
...and then I got a text saying I'm grandfathered at $29. w00t!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #447
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Last summer, when I got my plan, it was

...and then I got a text saying I'm grandfathered at $29. w00t!
Damn I didn't get that text. Oh well! I am planning to switch this weekend anyway.

In addition, I have updated original post once again with some new information. Hopefully that will help you all to gain a better understanding of WIND's plans.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #448

will they bring out the 29$ plan again?... damn it my rogers contract is up in beginning of december...
Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #449
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
why dont you just get the $29 plan now so you dnt have to worry later..

chances are likely Wind might bring it back, they've done it a few times.. but who knows..
Old 09-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #450
Rs has made me the man i am today!

anyone know if the promo is being ext'd?
-vancityguy- is offline   Reply With Quote