REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2013/2014 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685584-official-2013-2014-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

Mike Oxbig 03-24-2014 10:31 AM

Canucks needs to do this right now:
-Play our prospects to give them nhl game experience and fall in the standings
-Draft #6-10 for a nhl ready top six winger

Most can agree that we are short 2 top 6 forward on this team

highfive 03-24-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 8442819)

It is extremely rare to draft a nhl ready player in general unless your team is Calgary/Edmonton/Florida/Buffalo.

We have higher chances of signing our top 6 winger or even Fox or Jensen making it.

Ch28 03-24-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Earl (Post 8442819)

We've been short top 6 talent ever since Gillis started. He's consistently failed to get us a top 6 player to play with Kesler for how many years now?
Posted via RS Mobile

highfive 03-24-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8442827)
We've been short top 6 talent ever since Gillis started. He's consistently failed to get us a top 6 player to play with Kesler for how many years now?
Posted via RS Mobile

Can't help it when Kesler doesn't pass....:troll:

Ch28 03-24-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highfive (Post 8442829)
Can't help it when Kesler doesn't pass....:troll:

Can't help it when our GM is completely useless and can't flip 2x #1 goalies for a player we need.
Posted via RS Mobile

Gumby 03-24-2014 11:17 AM

Can't help it when our players get injured repeatedly. :troll:

spideyv2 03-24-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8442834)
Can't help it when our GM is completely useless and can't flip 2x #1 goalies for a player we need.
Posted via RS Mobile

Strong this

"It's a process"
Posted via RS Mobile

Ch28 03-24-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8442843)
Strong this

"It's a process"
Posted via RS Mobile

The only process right now is his double chin
Posted via RS Mobile

highfive 03-24-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8442845)
The only process right now is his double chin
Posted via RS Mobile

You mean whatever the fuck beard he's growing right now.
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 03-24-2014 12:29 PM

so are we cool with kesler for coho + + ? :troll:

gillis needs to be replaced, i think we can agree on that; with who though.... that's the question.

pastarocket 03-24-2014 12:44 PM

Gillis has to go in the offseason or this team is going nowhere without a veteran general manager.

If Aquaman doesn't realize that MG doesn't have the ability and the right vision to build a Stanley Cup contending franchise, I can say that we have an owner who cares more about dollar bills than winning a championship.

It would not surprise me one bit if Aquilini is influencing the player roster decisions in terms of players and coach hiring decisions.

Some co-workers told me that they used to work for this dude in the past. He's got a big ego because all his success in running his other business lines like real estate development and blueberry farms tells him that he knows how to build a profitable NHL team that can win a championship.

They tell me he's a sleazebag in terms of his treatment of workers. Do a google search of his blueberry farms in Langley and you'll find a host of Worksafe BC violations.

We got a Canucks owner that I think micromanages the team in terms of player and coaching decisions because he thinks his success in the business world, despite his mistreatment of workers, means he knows a thing or two about building a championship contender.

MG keeps talking about a rebuild, a "bold move". Who says it's just Gillis who is mainly responsible for this team's performance?

Aquaman and MG messed up this team! Either Aquaman changes his ways of running this team or I hope that a billionaire who lets a good GM run the team buys the Canucks. That's a proper reset for the Canucks.

UFO 03-24-2014 01:38 PM

All yous complaining about aquaman and how we need a rich owner who doesn't care... Likely don't remember the 'true' dark ages when the Canucks were this far away from leaving town. How's that for a proper reset
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 03-24-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8442736)
If you can't draft worth shit there's no difference between 16th and 23rd.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...997_4114_n.jpg

:fullofwin:

Ch28 03-24-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 8442902)
All yous complaining about aquaman and how we need a rich owner who doesn't care... Likely don't remember the 'true' dark ages when the Canucks were this far away from leaving town. How's that for a proper reset
Posted via RS Mobile

At least I wouldn't have to watch this shit show of a season.
Posted via RS Mobile

jeedee 03-24-2014 03:05 PM

Henrik out 2 weeks lulz

@renlavoietva
Henrik Sedin (lower body) should be out for 2 weeks. #canucks #tvasports

fliptuner 03-24-2014 03:22 PM

By the way he reacted, it's probably a knee or ankle

UFO 03-24-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 8442921)
At least I wouldn't have to watch this shit show of a season.
Posted via RS Mobile

Nobody's pointing a gun to your head... you could be watching the oilers instead :D

Jmac 03-24-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8442879)
Gillis has to go in the offseason or this team is going nowhere without a veteran general manager.

If Aquaman doesn't realize that MG doesn't have the ability and the right vision to build a Stanley Cup contending franchise, I can say that we have an owner who cares more about dollar bills than winning a championship.

It would not surprise me one bit if Aquilini is influencing the player roster decisions in terms of players and coach hiring decisions.

Some co-workers told me that they used to work for this dude in the past. He's got a big ego because all his success in running his other business lines like real estate development and blueberry farms tells him that he knows how to build a profitable NHL team that can win a championship.

They tell me he's a sleazebag in terms of his treatment of workers. Do a google search of his blueberry farms in Langley and you'll find a host of Worksafe BC violations.

We got a Canucks owner that I think micromanages the team in terms of player and coaching decisions because he thinks his success in the business world, despite his mistreatment of workers, means he knows a thing or two about building a championship contender.

MG keeps talking about a rebuild, a "bold move". Who says it's just Gillis who is mainly responsible for this team's performance?

Aquaman and MG messed up this team! Either Aquaman changes his ways of running this team or I hope that a billionaire who lets a good GM run the team buys the Canucks. That's a proper reset for the Canucks.

Need new GM ... Owner is puppet master ...

What is the point of getting a new GM if the owner is a puppet master?

DanHibiki 03-24-2014 04:18 PM

Lol right when the Sedins started to play better..:
Posted via RS Mobile

Ronin 03-24-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 8442954)
Henrik out 2 weeks lulz

@renlavoietva
Henrik Sedin (lower body) should be out for 2 weeks. #canucks #tvasports

GOOD.

Sit for the year and get healthy, stupid.

AND LOSE. GODDAMMIT, LOSE ALREADY.

I've never wanted the Canucks to lose more than now.

Tim Budong 03-24-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 8442995)
Lol right when a Sedin started to play better..:
Posted via RS Mobile

:accepted:

Renthal 03-24-2014 05:50 PM

man watching the montreal boston game.. montreal up 1 - 0 in the 3rd with 15 left.. refs are just handing boston powerplay's..
calling the weakest calls against montreal.
strong bias

CPE 03-24-2014 05:58 PM

For what its worth, the coyotes lost in OT

Jmac 03-24-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPE (Post 8443057)
For what its worth, the coyotes lost in OT

We needed them to lose in regulation.

Mike Oxbig 03-24-2014 06:12 PM

Our core players are injured and yet u guys are still pushing them to win useless games.

Look at it as each lost can potentially get you a better prospect.