REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #151
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Of course. If they think this will have any effect..... They really don't know how to deal with people that grew up with free thought.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #152
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
never understood this reasoning

let's say you move to east asia as a canadian expat, heaven forbid if you ever had anything decent to say about our government where keyboard warriors would just ask you to move back since you love it so much

most in here aren't blinding supporting the ccp, they just choose to also examine the betterment despite all the atrocities of an autocratic regime

colonialism/conquest has many ugly sides, but places like Hong Kong and Taiwan wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for the British or Japanese
It's called being a hypocrite. He tell others how living under CCP rule is so wonderful, yet his whole family ran away from the shithole that is China. Talking the talk but can't walk the walk.

Lastly, how has Hong Kong improved under Beijing rule? It hasn't at all. Vested interests still control all the wealth in Hong Kong. 150 mainland beggars with zero education and money immigrate every day and take all the public resources and public housing. Beijing uses Hong Kong fiscal reserves like their slush fund to build white elephant projects that have zero benefit for Hong Kongers. Millions of mainlanders come and piss and shit on our streets so the vested interests keep getting richer.

Hong Kong has thousands of more pressing issues that need to be resolved, but nothing is ever done because the government is not accountable to its people. They rather push through this useless extradition treaty probably because some businessman posted a picture of Winnie the Pooh and now Winnie wants payback.

I could go on and on, but you wouldn't understand because you've never experienced having your rights and freedoms taken away from you. Brave men died so pussies like you could be keyboard generals in safe democratic countries.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2019, 12:19 AM   #153

BREAKING: ‘Deep sorrow and regret’ – Hong Kong suspends controversial extradition bill after months of protest and criticism

Beijing suspends the extradition bill indefinitely. Thanks in part to Taiwan saying that they wouldn't do an extradition anyway. A murder case in Taiwan was being used as the single reason to push this bill through so urgently. We all know what they tried to do, and the fight will continue.

Expect another million+ people to march the streets on Sunday. If Beijing thinks this suspension will stop HK from showing their opinions, they are naive.

Totally not worth fighting for, right? They should have just bit the pillow and took it like any good loyal citizen of the Communist Party
Old 06-15-2019, 07:35 AM   #154
HELP ME PLS!!!

Congrats! I'm glad and relieve to see that HK was able to stand up for their rights. There is hope!
Old 06-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #155
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
did anyone watch her press conference? what international group did she mention stating hong kong is lacking because they don't have an extradition bill? she was speaking in English at the time, and she ended off with "so the next time they come and ask, I will tell them I tried"

I couldn't rewind since I watched it off of a stream box

find it difficult to believe that an international body would criticize HK for not having an extradition policy with china and told Carrie Lam to get on it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:41 AM   #156
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Key word being ... extradition bill will be suspended 'indefinitely'.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #157
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
its a small victory for now
its not over until its cancelled
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #158
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
It's ironic how she is using international criticism as the main reason to push for this bill, yet when the international body criticizes Hong Kong and China's tactics with the protest and other human rights, they tell them to mind your own business.

The guy that killed his GF is a big POS, but it sucks for his family and the victims family have to face the burden of being the catalyst that created his shit storm.

Last edited by bcedhk; 06-15-2019 at 09:07 AM.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:59 AM   #159
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
that happened what, 40-50 years ago?

are the people in japan who are into Western stuff hypocrites too?

when did i say HK has prospered/improved quality of life since 97?

get the fuck out if you're going to assume no one here has lived through an oppressed system just because they're canadian now

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdm View Post
It's called being a hypocrite. He tell others how living under CCP rule is so wonderful, yet his whole family ran away from the shithole that is China. Talking the talk but can't walk the walk.

Lastly, how has Hong Kong improved under Beijing rule? It hasn't at all. Vested interests still control all the wealth in Hong Kong. 150 mainland beggars with zero education and money immigrate every day and take all the public resources and public housing. Beijing uses Hong Kong fiscal reserves like their slush fund to build white elephant projects that have zero benefit for Hong Kongers. Millions of mainlanders come and piss and shit on our streets so the vested interests keep getting richer.

Hong Kong has thousands of more pressing issues that need to be resolved, but nothing is ever done because the government is not accountable to its people. They rather push through this useless extradition treaty probably because some businessman posted a picture of Winnie the Pooh and now Winnie wants payback.

I could go on and on, but you wouldn't understand because you've never experienced having your rights and freedoms taken away from you. Brave men died so pussies like you could be keyboard generals in safe democratic countries.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #160

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Wow ... see how keyboard warriors got this thread so hyped and intense in a few pages. Just think how much more it would be if you lived in HK and this actually concerns you!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #161
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Wow ... see how keyboard warriors got this thread so hyped and intense in a few pages. Just think how much more it would be if you lived in HK and this actually concerns you!
Yea just imagine if they ACTUALLY lived in Hong Kong and ACTUALLY cared about Hong Kong. Wouldn't that be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
get the fuck out if you're going to assume no one here has lived through an oppressed system just because they're canadian now
No one said that you've never lived under a oppressive regime. The fact is you've clearly decided that your liberty is more important and now you're bitching about others who want the same? Logic much? You've basically proven my point on your own.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #162

EDIT: He did not jump, he fell when firefighters tried to pull him off the roof. Police are treating it as suicide, so the newspapers covered it that way. More information shows that he was an overzealous protester who lost his life taking it too far. My second point remains the same.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2019/06/1...all-admiralty/

To the Canadians who support China in this, I hope you feel great shame. This and all other deaths that occur should haunt you
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #163
HELP ME PLS!!!

Suicide is the cowards way out. He could of spent his life doing something useful in the resistance against Beijing. Instead, he ended his life without so much as a quibble.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2019, 07:13 PM   #164

Yup he sat there at his keyboard all day writing posts on the internet, then suddenly decided to kill himself.

Edit: We've already established here before that suicide is not necessarily cowardice. And this apparently wasn't suicide anyway, despite initial police reports.

Please don't make ignorant comments when someone dies.. ffs revscene
Old 06-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #165
HELP ME PLS!!!

Just delete my account. I'm done here.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #166
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Time to start arming Hong Kong citizens and demand independence. Just take it now while the international community is still strong. Can't say the same in the future once China have finished expanding and buying into other territories. While other countries are promoting isolationism.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:02 PM   #167

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
Carrie Lam is a puppet, there's nothing she can do. I don't understand how people think she is the one who is forcing these rules down HK. China elected her to mandate a list of changes / rules and at the end, she pulled back. A short term pause for now.

No different than teachers and class sizes. You think these teacher want to have 36 students (or wahtever #), and or have more than 3 special needs students with zero helpers in class? A lot of things are forced down.. and we are only here to obey.

As to people yelling at the cops asking them to stop... do you really THINK that would work? They are following orders. Do you think they have the ability to just walk away? no difference than you getting pulled over by RCMP for speeding, you really think what you say will make a difference.

As for the protesters / teens are getting hurt...well you're asking for it. Remember the Canucks fans during the riot...the ones who were arrested and convicted were the ones who didn't leave and insisted on being there. Can't blame people if they got hurt during the process.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Carrie Lam is a puppet, there's nothing she can do. I don't understand how people think she is the one who is forcing these rules down HK. China elected her to mandate a list of changes / rules and at the end, she pulled back. A short term pause for now.

No different than teachers and class sizes. You think these teacher want to have 36 students (or wahtever #), and or have more than 3 special needs students with zero helpers in class? A lot of things are forced down.. and we are only here to obey.

As to people yelling at the cops asking them to stop... do you really THINK that would work? They are following orders. Do you think they have the ability to just walk away? no difference than you getting pulled over by RCMP for speeding, you really think what you say will make a difference.

As for the protesters / teens are getting hurt...well you're asking for it. Remember the Canucks fans during the riot...the ones who were arrested and convicted were the ones who didn't leave and insisted on being there. Can't blame people if they got hurt during the process.
There's so much wrong with that, I don't know if anyone will bother responding
Old 06-15-2019, 11:29 PM   #169
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 PM   #170
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...kong_protests/

Animation showing the timeline of the HK protests
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #171
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post

You know you can just say no right? Plenty of people have told there bosses to fuck off.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:16 AM   #172

I think there will be way more people than last week. Maybe even double! 2 million in the streets, imagine that
Old 06-16-2019, 04:47 AM   #173

Thanked 8,682 Times in 3,121 Posts
I'm glad they were able to stop this legislation. This whole thing kinda worked out in the best way possible so far. Hopefully CCP won't do anything crazy but I have my doubts. Anyways, you guys in HK stay safe and all these Canadian ex pats should really think about coming home.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:57 AM   #174
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
So end goal, Carrie Lam steps down. Then what? The Chief Executive has to be vetted by the CCP, so its basically a puppet position. Energies aren't being focused on the puppet masters
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2019, 06:55 AM   #175

Father's Day dinner with 70 year old in-law who has been living in China for 20 years was... interesting
This post thanked by: