REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:24 PM   #11101
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
1st dose gives you decent amount of immunity, 2nd dose makes it last longer.
Yeah which makes me wonder if the second dose should/could just be pushed back longer

At first I was completely turned off by canadas decision of prolonging the second dose, now I'm wondering if we could go longer
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:51 PM   #11102
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,306 Times in 5,629 Posts
If you were skeptical about the vaccine at all, even if you’re not anti-vax, and you’ve got no plans to travel out of the country I don’t really see the point in getting it at this point (for the time being)

You could easily wait a year or more if you were concerned about any long term effects with little risk to yourself if the positivity rate is accurate and not everyone is just an asymptomatic carrier now etc.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #11103
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Any one in the medical field comment on if a second dose is actually any worse then a single? Or are people just worried about some short term effects? I’m talking in a broad sense, obviously not for this vaccine specifically

In my eyes, you already have that shit inside of you, may as well go for it 100%. Lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 01:17 PM   #11104
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
For myself, I'd still totally go for the 2nd dose.

Also, keep in mind that those numbers are for protection against hospitalizations from the delta / India variant. They are not efficacy rating against infection (for the variant), and I would expect the efficacy rating against infection is going to be lower than the protection against hospitalization.

Additionally, while the policy announcements haven't been announced yet, I think we can pretty much guarantee that there will be far fewer restrictions for people who are "fully vaccinated" compared to those who have only received 1 shot (unless it is J&J, but that has not been used in Canada yet). So that'd be another incentive to just get both shots done.
Yeah, kind of my thought on it is might as well in case I want to travel (I want to travel, Mexico and Vegas are calling) and it's required. My wife is getting her second today, I'm getting mine in a week and a half and my teenager has his first I'd imagine he'll get his second in the next month or two.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 06-16-2021 at 02:43 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 01:31 PM   #11105
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yup pretty much no country in the world is giving concessions for half-vaxxed travellers. Go full or stay home

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #11106

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
The next major hurdle is developing a mechanism to prove you’re vaccinated. I heard on the news today that 1 in 5 adults would lie about being vaccinated if it meant they could travel.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:48 PM   #11107

That BC services card app has a very nice little vaccination card you can download as a PDF once you’ve linked that second website to it
Old 06-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #11108

Thanked 4,789 Times in 1,759 Posts
For the services card app thing, does it get married to your specific cell phone?

I want to set this up, but my only cell phone is work issued so I don't exactly want to put something like this on there if all of a sudden it's taken away and I have to jump through hoops to un-marry it.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:03 PM   #11109

Hmm can’t say. It may because I just opened mine and there is zero login to see your name etc.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #11110
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Just fyi - Lot of new appointment slots were opened up the in the last day. Was able to move my parents 2nd shot from mid july to next week.
To change or check just go to your confirmation email and click the cancel link, then it'll allow you to hit a button to change your appointment
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #11111
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,897 Times in 3,863 Posts
I haven't tried moving my BC Services app, it might be worth shooting them an email about how that works. Worst case grab an old phone or buy a cheap one and put it on that?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #11112
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coren View Post
Just fyi - Lot of new appointment slots were opened up the in the last day. Was able to move my parents 2nd shot from mid july to next week.
To change or check just go to your confirmation email and click the cancel link, then it'll allow you to hit a button to change your appointment
i was just helping mom book and noticed appointments same-day 20 minutes out lol
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:03 PM   #11113
I don't get it

I booked for my second Pfizer/Moderna this morning for July 6th. Based on reading comments, cancelled and just booked for this Sat (June 19th).
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:19 PM   #11114
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coren View Post
Thanks for posting this. I was sched for this Saturday evening, was able to get a spot earlier in the day now.
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #11115
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
For the services card app thing, does it get married to your specific cell phone?

I want to set this up, but my only cell phone is work issued so I don't exactly want to put something like this on there if all of a sudden it's taken away and I have to jump through hoops to un-marry it.
It is, but you can setup on a second device after (not sure what happens to the first device). I dropped my phone in a lake last week. With new phone had to redownload, then go through the approval process again.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #11116
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

For ppl booking their second shots, when did you get your first shot? Wondering how close they are doing with the "forecast" found the the health services site.

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:24 PM   #11117
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
For ppl booking their second shots, when did you get your first shot? Wondering how close they are doing with the "forecast" found the the health services site.
2nd shot 9.5 weeks after the first.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:04 PM   #11118
I don't get it

Had my first on April 21st.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:05 AM   #11119

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post

10 weeks for me from my first shot to when I've book my second.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:33 AM   #11120
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
https://m.thewire.in/article/governm...s-during-kumbh

India performed at least hundreds of thousands fake covid tests, This was done to meet govt daily test quotas

The full extent of the fraud isn't known

Copied from Reddit, but edited the quick summary as it was misleading
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:48 AM   #11121

great thanks guys!

Looks like I'm still a few more weeks out

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:30 AM   #11122
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,393 Times in 549 Posts
Surprise 1m Moderna shots incoming to the feds tomorrow, then off to the provinces afterwards. We might get a small tip of the needle for those with Moderna first shots?
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:48 AM   #11123
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Surprise 1m Moderna shots incoming to the feds tomorrow, then off to the provinces afterwards. We might get a small tip of the needle for those with Moderna first shots?
I think we're getting them tonight and it's likely because the vaccination rates are stagnating so they over supply for a product that is going to go to waste. Since we're so close, why not just give it to us and get some good rep out of it.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:09 PM   #11124
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,701 Times in 1,049 Posts
2nd shot booked for saturday. exactly eight weeks after the first. wife and I will both get it together again.

taking the AZ again. whatever it takes to move the process along.

positive thread post!
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2021, 01:06 PM   #11125

apparently now they're saying not to get the 2nd AZ shot

cancelled my appointment and tried to make an appointment for the other ones but system is down of course, called in and they're saying the notices for the mRNA shots won't come out till you're at 8 weeks.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote