REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:10 PM   #12601
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,199 Times in 7,172 Posts
Ahhhh yeah. Fuck why don’t they have you working to solve the addictions issues all over the world!
Just don’t do. Man why didn’t we already think of that.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2021, 06:09 PM   #12602
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,202 Times in 486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Just got back from doing laundry at the Villa. Took longer than normal 'cause their wifi sucks balls and cell reception is poor. Finally got the vaccinated thing to show up. They don't have a scanner so i also had to dig out photo ID.

There must be an easier way. It's the first day, so they weren't prepared. I actually used the photo on my digital Services Card.
Save the vaccine card onto your photo either as pdf or screenshot, that way you don't need to rely on internet
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:36 PM   #12603
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
From today's gathering of savants and intellectuals:

inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #12604

Wonder what the cumulative amount of CERB collected was for these braindead fucks is. I bet the participants have the highest average dollar value collected/person in the lower mainland.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #12605
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,409 Times in 3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Wait they actually don't? I thought all non essential services ie. Not a grocery store need to see your Vax status.

Vape store is defs not essential

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Here is the list of places that need to check passports.

Spoiler!
Old 09-13-2021, 08:11 PM   #12606

Basically you need the passport to go to concerts, sporting events, gyms, and to drink or socialize at restaurants, bars, organized parties.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2021, 08:29 PM   #12607
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
It was never offered here. It got emergency approval, but then the manufacturer fucked it all up in the eastern US, and no orders were filled. I believe they pulled the approval after that.
Thanks for that. Someone was asking and I didn't know, figured someone here would.

As for the passport system, it all seems like a big joke. People can't go in to a restaurant and sit at a table as they always have been but totally OK to go to Walmart or Costco where thousands of people a day are through there touching everything in sight? It makes no logical sense. Imagine telling healthy people they can't go the to the gym and exercise to stay healthy..... in the name of health. None of the transmission data from the past supports these measures, gyms accounted for approx 3% of all transmissions in BC if I recall correctly. It also counters data from the likes of CDC that says 70%+ of COVID cases in the US are amongst the obese. Meanwhile the Gov has done absolutely nothing about long-term care facilities which continue to drive up the numbers with outbreaks amongst the most vulnerable of our population. Clown world with clown policy makers - it saddens me to see people blindly cheering it on. However there are a rising number of businesses claiming they won't enforce it, and many more I'm sure who will less publicly do so as well.

Vaccinated or not I don't care but no one should be supporting this system. It's not going to do anything that they're selling, all it's doing is dividing the community. I really feel for those who have legitimate medical exemptions for the vaccines who are now second class citizens. Being denied service for a medical condition, regardless of it being an inoculation or being in a wheelchair, is discrimination.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2021, 08:41 PM   #12608

I do agree that this shouldn't apply to people with medical exemptions, however that is probably 1/10000 unvaccinated people that applies to.
I don't necessarily agree with the whole passport, but again, I just don't care about these people not being able to get chicken fingies.
The alternative is to bring back rolling lockdowns, and I did my part, I'm safe, so why should I stay inside because someone else couldn't be bothered, or just doesn't like being told what to do? That's really what it is at this point for most of them. They'll take horse dewormer or shark nausea medication or put dog toothpaste in their asshole but won't take these vaccines because they are "experimental." There is absolutely no logic in that, and it's just rooted in them wanting to say fuck you to the "sheep" and act like being a contrarian makes you smarter than the general population.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #12609
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,356 Times in 975 Posts
restaurants are already checking for mask, checking for ID for booze, checking if the CC is the actual person... what's one more check on health status. So bottom line, yes, if you copied someone's QR code and / or if the QR code didn't scan properly... whatever....no one is going to really be able to enforce it.
Just like how those who just walked out from the airport when they were suppose to go to the hotel to quarantine.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #12610
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
I can get why they didn't allow medical exemptions because pretty much everyone who didn't get the vaccine would find some bullshit reason to get an exemption from some crackpot anti vaxx doctor out there and the whole system would be pointless.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #12611
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,528 Times in 4,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Save the vaccine card onto your photo either as pdf or screenshot, that way you don't need to rely on internet
I did and it was there, but when it came to look for it, it was nowhere to be seen. Anyway, it wasn't that big of a deal. If only they had the QR Code reader.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:08 PM   #12612
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,618 Times in 5,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I did and it was there, but when it came to look for it, it was nowhere to be seen. Anyway, it wasn't that big of a deal. If only they had the QR Code reader.
Which is literally just an app they could have downloaded in 30 seconds if they wanted… lol

I put it on my phone to check people at hockey next week.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 03:57 AM   #12613
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,848 Times in 8,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
From today's gathering of savants and intellectuals:

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO WEIRD???
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #12614
Performance Moderator

Who spelled intellectual “intelltual”… I mean… it’s not even phonetically correct at that point…

You read just that one thing and it makes you realize there’s no hope for these people.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 06:47 AM   #12615
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
I'm not antimask but Glen Greenwald is and he paints an interesting picture about the met gala (all guests r exempt from masks, but staff/crew, photogs, and onlookers gotta b masked)

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the...-servant-class
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 07:44 AM   #12616
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,403 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Thanks for that. Someone was asking and I didn't know, figured someone here would.

As for the passport system, it all seems like a big joke. People can't go in to a restaurant and sit at a table as they always have been but totally OK to go to Walmart or Costco where thousands of people a day are through there touching everything in sight? It makes no logical sense. Imagine telling healthy people they can't go the to the gym and exercise to stay healthy..... in the name of health. None of the transmission data from the past supports these measures, gyms accounted for approx 3% of all transmissions in BC if I recall correctly. It also counters data from the likes of CDC that says 70%+ of COVID cases in the US are amongst the obese. Meanwhile the Gov has done absolutely nothing about long-term care facilities which continue to drive up the numbers with outbreaks amongst the most vulnerable of our population. Clown world with clown policy makers - it saddens me to see people blindly cheering it on. However there are a rising number of businesses claiming they won't enforce it, and many more I'm sure who will less publicly do so as well.
Going to Walmart/Costco: Keep your mask on, no socializing outside of the people you came in with, get out. Transmission is not occurring through touching of shared objects. Are you still lysoling your doorknobs like it's April 2020?

Going to a Sit-down restaurant: Masks off to eat, socializing in close quarters for hours at a time, strangers within 6 feet of you doing the same.

Gym: Heavy breathing in a small enclosed space with strangers with weak mask enforcement, if any.

They are not even remotely the same and it's pretty obvious why the Retail is excluded but the latter 2 are not.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 07:49 AM   #12617
in the butt

Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
WHY ARE PEOPLE SO W̶E̶I̶R̶D̶??? LOW IQ
Fixed

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 09:03 AM   #12618

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I'm not antimask but Glen Greenwald is and he paints an interesting picture about the met gala (all guests r exempt from masks, but staff/crew, photogs, and onlookers gotta b masked)

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the...-servant-class
I know it's not a direct comparison, but tv shows and stuff in Korea, same thing. Everyone masks up, but when the cameras start rolling celebrities take their masks off while staff & crew are still masked.

it could be that the Met Gala guests were all tested, or that contractors/companies have different protocol than guests.

but yes, the optics of this are very poor and it just gives fodder to morons like Glen Greenwald. It's like Obama's birthday party thing.

Now, all that said, at some point we have to return to a semblance of normalcy, it may look odd right now but baby steps, right?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #12619

Thanked 1,748 Times in 906 Posts
Well Alberta had the greatest summer ever! Look how well that went

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...wave-1.6175012

Chief medical officer says she regrets 'COVID's over' narrative that emerged from decision
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 10:51 AM   #12620
Performance Moderator

Kenney beats that poor woman down so bad
Old 09-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #12621
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Going to Walmart/Costco: Keep your mask on, no socializing outside of the people you came in with, get out. Transmission is not occurring through touching of shared objects. Are you still lysoling your doorknobs like it's April 2020?

Going to a Sit-down restaurant: Masks off to eat, socializing in close quarters for hours at a time, strangers within 6 feet of you doing the same.

Gym: Heavy breathing in a small enclosed space with strangers with weak mask enforcement, if any.

They are not even remotely the same and it's pretty obvious why the Retail is excluded but the latter 2 are not.
Ah, so you think people follow the rules to a T in places that support your argument and enforcement is weak in the places that don't. Gotcha

I guess my question to those who think the passport is a good idea is.... what happens when this doesn't work (which it won't it's effect will be negligible). BC currently has 278 people in hospital with 139 of them in critical care. Let's say those numbers stay relatively the same which is what's important over simple positive test numbers. Right now BC has 77.026% of eligible population with one dose and 70.198% fully vaccinated. We are now within a couple weeks of the 'herd immunity' numbers they wanted back when the vaccines dropped. So...

In four months are you going to cheer on a passport extension if it didn't do anything to change the hospital numbers?
Are you going to support an expansion of the passport to more areas and businesses?
If that passport requirement changes to making it mandatory to get a third vaccine and everyone is suddenly on the outs of eligibility are you lining up for another shot?
Will you line up for a fourth shot?

https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=BC
https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...9e3cda29297ded

Last edited by JDął; 09-14-2021 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #12622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
A lot of people with covid were being hospitalized or dying due to comorbidities. Some of those comorbidities were due to poor life choices like obesity. If poor choices are enough to expect people to pay for their own medical expenses, imagine all the people we could exclude: the obese, smokers, alcoholics, addicts, extreme sports participants, etc. They should pay their own costs too? Do we get to withhold treatment until they agree to pay? How does this new healthcare system work?
yes, you smoke for 20 years and get lung cancel, you pay.
you drink a bottle a day and get liver failure, you pay.

you get cancer out of no fault of your own, the government pays
you break a leg walking down the street or playing hockey/skiing, government pays

sure it's not black and white and would be very difficult to actually put into effect but people should be held responsible for their actions otherwise they'll continue to be a drain on the system
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #12623
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post

you break a leg walking down the street or playing hockey/skiing, government pays

sure it's not black and white and would be very difficult to actually put into effect but people should be held responsible for their actions otherwise they'll continue to be a drain on the system
Super stoked on this! The opioid crisis is over! "Hey Jim, it's John again from Vancouver Fire. This is your eighth shot of Narcan, you still owe us for the previous seven. Jim? Tick tock man wake up. Steve he's not responding, doesn't have any money or a card on him. On to the next I guess." We're gonna have so much more money for bike lanes!
Spoiler!
Old 09-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #12624
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
Quote:

We literally cater to those people.

A while back there was the story about the native guy who was on the list for a liver transplant but couldn’t stop drinking. He then went to the news and they spin it into a discrimination story.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #12625

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
A friend had a chunk of his lung removed last year and then had to undergo throat chemo all directly related to smoking and he's not outta pocket one penny and doesn't not have additional medical or anything. 'Sup with that?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote