REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 02-24-2022, 12:27 PM   #376
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrsxxx View Post
Did you get your kids a strider (balance bike) and if so, what age did you start?
We got one early last year at around 18m. There are ones that are smaller the Strider. He pushed it around for a bit but wasn't really ready to ride it.

He's 29 months old now and has been riding it around inside the house for the last month cause we put away his Cozy Coupe.
Advertisement
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 03:05 PM   #377
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
Quote:
thanks for your replies, haha guess 15 months is too early then
Way too early haha they can barely walk up/downhill without falling at that age. Ours is 22 months and we had one given to us but she still can't get it properly.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 11:29 PM   #378
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
thanks for your replies, haha guess 15 months is too early then
I dont think its too early, it all depends on ur kid. My kid had no interest in it so i never pushed him to doing so, started when he was 16 months hes almost 3 now. My buddies kid was going down hills, basically everywhere, and he was basically 16 months aswell.

Kids will fomo and if they see other kids do it, they will wanna do it too. Thats how my buddies kid learned.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 01:35 PM   #379
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
He’s almost 23 months. My lord what a handful! Still a great kid but he’s starting to get that attitude. Saying no, power-screeching (excited, just doesn’t know how loud he is). Doesn’t help that it’s been raining sooooo much lately. Can’t wait for the backyard to stop being a swamp.

Also, I feel this a lot

Old 03-20-2022, 10:33 AM   #380
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I have a new love of SUVs, open the trunk for a portable change table. Something we really can't do with a sedan.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2022, 12:49 PM   #381
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
I have a new love of SUVs, open the trunk for a portable change table. Something we really can't do with a sedan.
We kept a travel potty in our SUV trunk, used it as a washroom before too lol.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2022, 02:34 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
100%. Thankfully all 3 vehicles at home are 5 door, so they all have the rear hatch. My wife’s flex takes it to the next level. Since the hatch is so large it also protects like a rain barrier. So you can load/unload the child in the buggy even in in the rain and keep him relatively dry.
Old 03-21-2022, 07:42 AM   #383
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Bought a ski box for the sole purpose of having the SUV trunk as a changing table for the two kids when travelling long distances. Totally worth it for road trips.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2022, 12:44 PM   #384
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

anyone taken a 1 year old (16 months) to a resort? Looking at getting away since we haven't travelled for a long time. Mexico? Any resort recommendations that would be kid friendly?
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:14 PM   #385
private modder

Thanked 2,650 Times in 740 Posts
Okay here's a new question. For those who have a family doctor, did you just assume your family doctor would take your new child as a patient?

My wife and I are both lucky in that we have longtime family doctors. I have one, she has hers. We haven't yet tried to add her as a new patient to mine (mine is way closer).

Once our new baby arrives, we have to then find a family doctor for the baby. Is one or both of our doctors obligated to take the baby as a patient?

Just wondering if anyone else went through the same thing.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:45 PM   #386
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
My family Dr naturally took our kids in. In fact, she helped deliver them so I didn't even think twice if she would take them or not. Afterall, the title is 'family' doctor

But things may have changed now, family doctors are harder to find than a unicorn. So they can do whatever they want.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM   #387
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I would say that you should never assume your family doctor will just automatically take on your child as their patient. In my case, both my family doctor as well as my wife's family doctor were more than happen to take on our kid as their patient too, but we have checked with them before the baby came to make sure that they were OK with it.

So I would suggest the same, and ask you to check with both family doctors to see what their policy is.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:11 PM   #388
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Same here, my wifes doctor delivered our oldest and they took on both of my kids.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:18 PM   #389
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
My wife and I have the same family doctor and she takes care of our son as well.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:03 PM   #390
private modder

Thanked 2,650 Times in 740 Posts
yeah, naturally we will have to ask one or both. and we aren't assuming either will say yes, hence why I was wondering here. but I would hope that, in theory, ore (if not both) of our family doctors will agree to take on our new child.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:28 PM   #391
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
lol, if my family doctor refused to take my child that s/he helped me with through pregnancy then I'd be looking for a new family doctor.

Ours took the kid on automatically, gave her all her shots, etc.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 06:56 AM   #392
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Depending on your family doctor you may want to find a way to get referred to a pediatrician. While your family doctor can handle most things (and we quite liked our family doctor - we had to switch since she moved) I found that our pediatrician was much more knowledgable about baby topics. Very helpful for those first time parents trying to figure things out to have a real pro to advise you.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:30 PM   #393

Im curious to know how the rest of you parents keep up with clean up at home. I find it almost impossible to keep up with everything while going to work and taking care of 2 kids. I only get 1-2hrs to myself at the end of the night to unwind. I dont have dat revscene money so i cant afford a cleaner so me and my wife have to do everything and she has less time than i do. Im usually on top of dishes, garbage, laundry, recycling. But vacuuming, moping, cleaning down bathrooms/kitchen, dusting is so hard to keep up with. Especially since i just googled i should vacuum twice a week....... who got time for that.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 01:07 PM   #394
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
You sound like 90% of what I am living through everyday as well LOL~

Best practices are such BS. Honestly, which working class parents can afford to stay on top of all the necessary home cleaning / maintenance while still spending time with the kiddies?

Cheap, fast, reliable -- pick 2. Something is always going to have to give.

You stay on top of what needs to be done right now, or what needs to be done when the conditions are no longer tolerable LOL~ If the floor has gotten too icky, the priority to clean that goes higher than doing laundry. If I don't have time to do grocery shopping, frozen food or take out is what we have for dinner. Our living room is a mess with toys all over the place.

Gosh I can't wait until I can get some forced free child labour out of the little person LOL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Im curious to know how the rest of you parents keep up with clean up at home. I find it almost impossible to keep up with everything while going to work and taking care of 2 kids. I only get 1-2hrs to myself at the end of the night to unwind. I dont have dat revscene money so i cant afford a cleaner so me and my wife have to do everything and she has less time than i do. Im usually on top of dishes, garbage, laundry, recycling. But vacuuming, moping, cleaning down bathrooms/kitchen, dusting is so hard to keep up with. Especially since i just googled i should vacuum twice a week....... who got time for that.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 01:24 PM   #395

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Only one to two hours? I'm jealous.

I get less than an hour to unwind

Laundry is what drives me nuts, once a week doing 6 loads
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 02:50 PM   #396
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Unwind time? What the hell is that?

I would say it depends on your household. In our household, keeping the floors clean is priority so we vacuum daily mostly because 3 females and their damn hair shedding and my oldest loves to move around at the dining table so her peripheral area always has food droppings. We don't formally mop often enough since there's always crap around but will do spot wipes with the wet Swiffer on the regular. I probably don't notice it anymore but I tend to do spot cleaning while doing other things instead of one big clean so it doesn't seem as much as a chore.

With toys don't worry too much about them. It's just disorganization and not "dirty". Unless you have a dedicated toy room just get a bunch of storage bins and dump them in. We make a habit to have our oldest put away toys before she goes to bed.

I imagine all of you have dishwashers though so screw you all.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 03:10 PM   #397

My Unwind time is basically my sacrificed sleep time. Phew, i really thought i was dropping the ball when it comes to clean up. I do all the Laundry, Dishes, Garbage, Recycling, tidying up toys cause i find that super simple to me. But i f'ing hate dusting and cleaning up my washrooms.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 07:28 PM   #398
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,023 Posts
Quote:
We have two robot vacuums, they actually do pick up a lot since we have pets. Expensive, but worth it imo, we just need to do a little bit of robot proofing. The only thing that really needs are attention are the stairs cause of shedding cats and shedding mommy and robots can't do stairs.

We don't mop nearly enough but I do try to spot clean and wipe the kitchen floor once every few days.

Wife deals with laundry, we both wfh so we have the luxury of setting off the laundry machine and dryer whenever between meetings.

I deal with dishes and garbage, and I do a big clean every 2 weeks or so of the washrooms, and spot clean whenever things get bad.

I get it, it's bad, we are going insane, but don't make enough and don't make enough of a mess to need cleaners.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 10:36 PM   #399
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you guys, we stay on top of the essentials but vaccuming and bathrooms don't get done nearly as often as they should be.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2022, 11:50 PM   #400

LOL keeping a clean house with a child. Please, this ain’t television. Ask any parent, unless grandparents live at home to help, the house WILL be messy