REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

pastarocket 06-10-2019 07:26 PM

The Official NBA thread

The Klaw is taking over the game in the fourth quarter! :gun:

Finish off the Golden boys! :gun:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro7r 06-10-2019 07:38 PM

Game 6!

pastarocket 06-10-2019 07:40 PM

The Official NBA thread

Somebody explain to me why Kawhi did not attack the basket on the last play? Raps only needed two points to win this game and a championship!!

Why they did they go for the 3 pointer?!

Euro7r 06-10-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8950351)
Somebody explain to me why Kawhi did not attack the basket on the last play? Raps only needed two points to win this game and a championship!!

Why go for the 3 pointer?!

He should have taken the shot regardless of the double team. If anyone were to make a shot, it would have been him. Passed it up.

Razor Ramon HG 06-10-2019 07:56 PM

I thought VV had time after Thompson jumped.

HonestTea 06-10-2019 08:17 PM

WOW is all I can say for this game.

dachinesedude 06-10-2019 08:52 PM

that timeout with about 3 mins to go in the 4th totally killed raps' run, why nick nurse???

winson604 06-10-2019 08:55 PM

When Leonard scored those 10 points late in the 4th I thought the Raps were gonna do it but it warms my hear that they lost. Are they still probably going to win it all? Probably but here's hoping they don't. As much as I'm a Raps and just in general To hater I'll give credit where credit is due and they've played pretty amazing ball so far.

whitev70r 06-10-2019 08:56 PM

Yah wow ... a lot of drama.

KD plays, KD injured. You can tell the difference when he's in the game.

Kawhi obvious travel and does not get called, Raps get 2 pts. You'd think that it'd be like in hockey, after an obvious wrong no call, they would give the other team a foul for 2 free throws or something.

Boogey gets called for an offensive interference on his own team ??!! What was that ... never saw that called before.

Bender Unit 06-10-2019 09:22 PM

with KD.
It will be a 4 Game Sweep Final
He was sharp. 3-5FG, 3-3 3PT, 2-2 FT

They still have MFing 4 All Stars + 6th Man/Final MVP on the floors after KD out.
vs
The King of The North.

GS lose will be better for NBA

Sir_Loin 06-10-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 8950356)
that timeout with about 3 mins to go in the 4th totally killed raps' run, why nick nurse???

There's a couple of vids on twitter that showed Kawhi was motioning or looking at Nurse to call a timeout he looked gassed. Kawhi also air balled the following possession out of the time out so he was still probably tired. They had all the momentum and the Warriors were dazed down 6, crazy to end the game they go on a 9-2 run to win by 1 lol.

HonestTea 06-10-2019 09:28 PM

FUCK! It's been confirmed, Achilles injury. As much as I'm not a fan of KD, I'm pretty sad at what happened... #feelsbadman

Bob Myers tearing up during the press conference about KD's injury.

see.lai 06-10-2019 11:07 PM

Pretty sure it was a mandatory TV timeout (100 second), since there was no stoppage in play. Read somewhere that if it reaches a certain time in the game, the home team gets dinged for a time out. Not sure, though.

Golden state only has (2) all stars and that's Steph and Klay. Andre and Draymond WERE all stars.
Boogie is definitely not an all-star after coming off an injury.

Was a good game; actually thought Toronto sealed the deal during the last few minutes. Unfortunately, I don't think GSW can win without KD, unless the bench steps up.

pastarocket 06-11-2019 06:17 AM

The Official NBA thread

The Raptors play better on the road compared to playing at home. Two straight wins at Oracle Arena gives this a big boost of confidence heading into game 6.

Kawhi the King of the North and his team mates will slay the champs on their home court! :gun:

Boogie called the Raps fans “classless” after some fans cheered when KD got injured.

-hard to feel any sympathy for the Warriors given that that they have players who whine and play dirty.

Boogie and Draymond get their fair share of technicals. Then you have Draymond kicking players’ groins during the Finals against the Cavs in previous years. GSW has some players who play dirty for sure.

Management gave pressure to KD to play game 5. That move backfired. :lawl:

My sympathy is only for Durant. KD getting injured prior to become a free agent this summer. Terrible time for KD to be injured. FeelsBadMan

GGnoRE 06-11-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender Unit (Post 8950360)
with KD.
It will be a 4 Game Sweep Final
He was sharp. 3-5FG, 3-3 3PT, 2-2 FT

They still have MFing 4 All Stars + 6th Man/Final MVP on the floors after KD out.
vs
The King of The North.

GS lose will be better for NBA

Is that why the Clippers took two games from GSW during the first round of playoffs when KD was healthy? Raptors also beat GSW twice during the regular season with KD playing. Don't be a prisoner of the moment

whitev70r 06-11-2019 11:56 AM

Hypothetically, what do you think the finals would be at if Kawhai was injured and could not play and KD was not injured.

Special K 06-11-2019 12:40 PM

It would have been a blowout if KD played the entire game.

This is a perfect opportunity for the Raps to win. The longer this drags out, the higher chance that Kawhi will get injured, by accident or intentional.

The last play was horrible. The refs was already on the Raps side calling the offensive ball interference and illegal screen.

HonestTea 06-11-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8950418)
Hypothetically, what do you think the finals would be at if Kawhai was injured and could not play and KD was not injured.

4-0 sweep for GSW

Obsideon 06-11-2019 07:03 PM

If Kawhi was injured they wouldn't even be sniffing the Finals.
I was screaming at the TV for Nurse to call a time-out on the last possession. Especially when Kawhi got doubled at the top of the elbow. They didn't even need a 3 but it gets whipped around for a corner 3 that shanked the backboard.

Spoon 06-12-2019 05:18 AM

FYI, the last shot by Lowry was deflected by Dreymond.

pastarocket 06-12-2019 11:23 AM

Does anybody want to make a donation to KD's charity in order to show him that not all Canadians are "classless". :troll:

https://sorrykd.com/

mb_ 06-12-2019 12:24 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byn0c6Nj...=1ugwnnbiqzykn

RIP

pastarocket 06-12-2019 12:28 PM

Get well soon KD, aka easymoneysniper!

KD's Instagram post:

easymoneysniper What’s good everybody I wanted to update you all:$I did rupture my Achilles. Surgery was$today$and it was a success, EASY MONEY

My road back starts now! I got my family and my loved ones by my side and we truly appreciate all the messages and support people have sent our way.

Like I said$Monday, I'm hurting deeply, but I'm OK. Basketball is my biggest love and I wanted to be out there that night because that’s what I do.$I wanted to help my teammates on our quest for the three peat.

Its just the way things go in this game and I'm proud that I gave it all I physically could, and I'm proud my brothers got the W.

dachinesedude 06-12-2019 02:29 PM

hope he's able to return to his former self, he's still got a lot of years to play

wonder if teams will throw the max at him now, if not he can exercise his player option and stay for 1 more year

will068 06-12-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 8950576)
hope he's able to return to his former self, he's still got a lot of years to play

wonder if teams will throw the max at him now, if not he can exercise his player option and stay for 1 more year

The Knicks would throw a max contract at him in a heartbeat.