REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

hal0g0dv2 01-24-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 6785954)
shitt thats like 100lb db each hand.. crazy

I don't think I could do 100lb tho
Posted via RS Mobile

hal0g0dv2 01-25-2010 06:00 PM

just got back from doing chest today
kinda fucked up b,ut i did more weight on decline today kinda weird and shocked

hal0g0dv2 01-25-2010 07:53 PM

eating a dozen eggs a day is starting to get hard lol

SkinnyPupp 01-25-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6787537)

Did you try that egg/coconut/fruit recipe I posted in another thread? It's pretty damn easy to knock down 5 or 6 eggs with that.

hal0g0dv2 01-25-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6787716)
Did you try that egg/coconut/fruit recipe I posted in another thread? It's pretty damn easy to knock down 5 or 6 eggs with that.

Yeah good call
Posted via RS Mobile

hotong 01-25-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

holy fuck... so many.

RRxtar 01-26-2010 09:54 PM

i managed to spit on myself while doing a heavy set of bench today. hah. fml

Lomac 01-26-2010 10:33 PM

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but I was just curious about something. I don't really work out to gain muscle mass; rather, I'm doing it to increase my cardio endurance and to tone the muscles I already have. However, I was wondering if there's really any particular order I should do things in. Would cardio workouts before weight lifting be more efficient, or vice versa? Or does it really matter?

hal0g0dv2 01-27-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6789357)

well least you breathe unlike some ppl

SkinnyPupp 01-27-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Haha I just remembered this today. When I went to China one time, we ate breakfast at the hotel buffet, and they only served garbage.. Piles of rice and noodles, some buns, and that's about it. Well they did have a guy preparing fried eggs, so I could eat nothing but eggs for breakfast. I kept going back, and had about 12-14 eggs by the time I was done :lol

SkinnyPupp 01-27-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 6789448)
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but I was just curious about something. I don't really work out to gain muscle mass; rather, I'm doing it to increase my cardio endurance and to tone the muscles I already have. However, I was wondering if there's really any particular order I should do things in. Would cardio workouts before weight lifting be more efficient, or vice versa? Or does it really matter?

Do high rep sets, followed by HIIT. Do steady state cardio in the morning before breakfast.

BTW you don't "tone your muscles". You either gain mass, or lose fat. What you want to do is lose fat.

Be sure to have a high carb/high protien/NO fat meal right after your workouts (and after your morning workouts make this low carb/high protein/no fat)

MaximalLazy 01-27-2010 03:36 PM

Question: What do you guys do for the 2-5 minutes rest between sets. Do you sit on the bench? Walk around? Wut the hell is the best way to spend those time??

Assuming you aren't doing isolated muscle groups

hotong 01-27-2010 03:48 PM

I just sit on the bench, or get a drink of water.

RRxtar 01-27-2010 04:34 PM

walk around and move my arms around and drink some water. or do a different exercise inbetween.

hud 91gt 01-27-2010 04:40 PM

Just did chest today. About a week or two ago I was doing weighted dips and I got some pain in my sternum area. I was unable to do any sort of barbell presses in the previous few workouts due to this pain. I switched to the normal bench for the first time in well years (No workout partner). I wasn't to impressed with my lifts, but I tried the flat barbell press again today and work up from 45lbs (To see if it would hurt) all the way to my standard 85lbs. I then tried 90 (My previous heaviest weight with a set of 6-8 reps generally). I had enough confidence after that set and tried the 95's. I pumped out 4 solid reps. Felt good, i'm sure I could have done a few more if I wern't so tired from doing the test presses. At the end I attempted a dip, with no weight and immediately felt pain. I guess i'll be taking some time off from those for a long while

The_AK 01-27-2010 05:00 PM

I just started going back to the gym again, I'm looking to gain weight, how should I split my diet up? I'm quite accustomed to doing 3 meals a day (quick breakfast, lunch, dinner). How should I be eating and what should I be looking for to get the most out of my work out?

!Yaminashi 01-27-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hud 91gt (Post 6790515)
Just did chest today. About a week or two ago I was doing weighted dips and I got some pain in my sternum area. I was unable to do any sort of barbell presses in the previous few workouts due to this pain. I switched to the normal bench for the first time in well years (No workout partner). I wasn't to impressed with my lifts, but I tried the flat barbell press again today and work up from 45lbs (To see if it would hurt) all the way to my standard 85lbs. I then tried 90 (My previous heaviest weight with a set of 6-8 reps generally). I had enough confidence after that set and tried the 95's. I pumped out 4 solid reps. Felt good, i'm sure I could have done a few more if I wern't so tired from doing the test presses. At the end I attempted a dip, with no weight and immediately felt pain. I guess i'll be taking some time off from those for a long while

dude I get this pain all the time too, i have no idea what it is, none of my friends get it

hud 91gt 01-27-2010 06:21 PM

Dude, it's pissing me off. Dip's are one of my favorite exercises! I could do narrow dips that focus on my tri's, but if I went wide focusing on the chest there was pain right away.

SkinnyPupp 01-27-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kranky (Post 6790424)
Question: What do you guys do for the 2-5 minutes rest between sets. Do you sit on the bench? Walk around? Wut the hell is the best way to spend those time??

2-5 minutes holy crap!

hal0g0dv2 01-27-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

You work out for like 3 hours
I barley take any break 40min usually my workouts last
Posted via RS Mobile

hotong 01-27-2010 11:24 PM

when i take a break its only like 30 seconds.

hud 91gt 01-28-2010 03:24 AM

I take a break until i'm rested. Generally 2-3 minutes.

hud 91gt 01-28-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6790848)
You gotta watchout on dips you can really fuck yourself up
try to get somone who knows there shit to show you, it's all about your weight and angle
Posted via RS Mobile

It's a dip, seriously how can you screw it up? I've been doing them for a long time now, but recently started adding some weight. I think I had around 50lbs hanging off my waist and it was apparently putting too much pressure on my rips. Unfortunate really.

MaximalLazy 01-28-2010 05:34 AM

Wait, wut the hell was I talking about.

5 minutes is too long, I usually rest about a minute then do my next set, but when I'm on my 3rd set I need to rest a bit longer otherwise I can't lift as much.

And Correction: I meant isolated muscle group :(

mc25 01-28-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6789357)

Hahahaha. Ive done that, and was pretty embarrassed, even though I dont think any one saw me. I didnt spit on myself, but rather let a bit of spit fly out onto the machine. Meh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lomac (Post 6789448)

If you are seriously trying to do one instead of the other, you need to focus on that. HIIT I hear is great, never done it myself though. As for the order, if you do an intense cardio workout BEFORE your weights, you will have less energy to push yourself during your anaerobic workout.

Quote:

My breaks are about 15-30 seconds in between reps, and 1 or 2 minutes between sets, which I will walk it off, take some water, and just breathe.