REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   London 2012 Summer Olympics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671047-london-2012-summer-olympics.html)

sas 07-29-2012 07:19 PM

anyone else having trouble with the CTV streams? Very choppy and slow

Hondaracer 07-29-2012 08:06 PM

did the Canadian swimer win the swim off to get into the 400 free?

fetched 07-29-2012 08:16 PM

nope she lost

hal0g0dv2 07-29-2012 08:32 PM

yeahhhhh bronze

urrh 07-29-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sas (Post 7988977)
anyone else having trouble with the CTV streams? Very choppy and slow

I hate that the CTV stream auto selects the quality for you. keeps switching b/t HQ and LQ :rukidding:

G-spec 07-29-2012 09:29 PM

yo this is pissin me off, where the fck can you watch replays of events ? like I'm trying to find some of the highlights from men's basketball and Google is cockblocking big time with their propietary bullshit where they weed out and block certain results from popping up....
and, I'd try other search engines but figured I'd ask you guys first, thanks



nvrmind, i read what you guys wrote went on CTVolympics.ca and after installing microsoft silverlight whatever that was, and a short commercial, they showed a few mins of highlights, pretty nice, but gotta question though..... do they stream these games live too ??

Tim Budong 07-29-2012 09:57 PM

I saw the basketball highlights on CTVolympics

oh yea, the 3rd twin is playing badminton LAWLS
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/599...bhcqaame5u.jpg

DanHibiki 07-29-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7989050)
yo this is pissin me off, where the fck can you watch replays of events ? like I'm trying to find some of the highlights from men's basketball and Google is cockblocking big time with their propietary bullshit where they weed out and block certain results from popping up....
and, I'd try other search engines but figured I'd ask you guys first, thanks



nvrmind, i read what you guys wrote went on CTVolympics.ca and after installing microsoft silverlight whatever that was, and a short commercial, they showed a few mins of highlights, pretty nice, but gotta question though..... do they stream these games live too ??

yes they do. can watch live events on the mobile app too

Harvey Specter 07-29-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7989078)
I saw the basketball highlights on CTVolympics

oh yea, the 3rd twin is playing badminton LAWLS
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/599...bhcqaame5u.jpg


:fullofwin:

G 07-29-2012 11:11 PM

Lin Dan play's tmr, does anyone know what time/where I can catch it?

AzNightmare 07-30-2012 12:37 AM

Just watched Waterpolo today. USA vs Montenegro. Such a close game.
Never knew Waterpolo could be so intense.

It's like watching two teams alternate turns on the powerplay!

sn604 07-30-2012 01:44 AM

wanna catch basketball D:

snowball 07-30-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 7989165)
Lin Dan play's tmr, does anyone know what time/where I can catch it?

Viewers Guide - TV Broadcast Schedule | Olympics - London 2012 - CTV

under 'world feed' badminton is scheduled from 1230am to 300am

if you scroll back a few days you can watch old completed events... but Lin dan hasnt been shown yet, for sure he will be on during the elimination rounds though

G-spec 07-30-2012 11:33 AM

holy shit, that Chinese swimmer not only pulled a world record, but she actually beat Ryan Lochte's time, and SHES A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL!!
Olympic officials are calling it "disturbing" lol, she about to get raped bigtime, literally tested up the ass for PED's

StylinRed 07-30-2012 11:37 AM

lochte isn't fast though :D (400im)



as for the girl she was only faster in a portion not overall

Quote:

A 16-year-old from China, Ye covered the final 100 meters in 58.68, only three-hundredths of a second slower than Lochte, who has spent the past three years performing strongman exercises to improve his strength and stamina.

Ye’s final 50 was faster than that of Lochte, who was much quicker overall. He clocked a 4:05.18 to Ye’s 4:28.43, which was a women’s world record.
http://london2012.blogs.nytimes.com/...er-impressive/


Brazilian vb team :megusta:

InvisibleSoul 07-30-2012 11:55 AM

Yeah, doesn't really mean that much in the big picture. Probably the guys expend a lot more energy doing the first 300m quickly and didn't have as much in the tank left for the final 100m, whereas the girl had more left in the tank.

Mr.HappySilp 07-30-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-spec (Post 7989436)
holy shit, that Chinese swimmer not only pulled a world record, but she actually beat Ryan Lochte's time, and SHES A 17 YEAR OLD GIRL!!
Olympic officials are calling it "disturbing" lol, she about to get raped bigtime, literally tested up the ass for PED's

LOL is will be pretty funny if they find out the girl is under age.

Durrann 07-30-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanHibiki (Post 7989081)
yes they do. can watch live events on the mobile app too

which app?

DanHibiki 07-30-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrann (Post 7989492)
which app?

ctv. but it kinda sucks. some live streams will say "not available" for some reason and watching previous events doesn't let u skip forward or backwards. If you switch apps or it crashes, you have to start form the beginning.

AWDTurboLuvr 07-30-2012 01:38 PM

Meet The Superhumans In This Ass-Kicking Paralympics Spot | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce

A great TV spot with an equally awesome soundtrack. Best ad of the Olympics thus far.

DanHibiki 07-30-2012 01:42 PM

underwater camera for woman's polo :sweetjesus:

Excelsis 07-30-2012 02:02 PM

o lawd


Tim Budong 07-30-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7989078)
I saw the basketball highlights on CTVolympics

oh yea, the 3rd twin is playing badminton LAWLS
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/599...bhcqaame5u.jpg

did some digging, his name is HENRI HURSKAINEN
http://www.london2012.com/athlete/hu...henri-1018044/

StylinRed 07-30-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7989553)

lol nice but photoshopped

original


lucimara silva

pastarocket 07-30-2012 08:57 PM

-good to see Team USA's volleyball team beat the Brazilians. Ms. Hooker and her team mates in tight shorts beat the buns off the Brazilians.

-hoping to see these teams play for the gold medal.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net