REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   London 2012 Summer Olympics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/671047-london-2012-summer-olympics.html)

iwantaskyline 08-02-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 7992643)
I think this is great news. CTV has done a subpar job with the Olympics over the past 2 events. The only thing the network has is Brian Williams who had to come over after CBC lost the rights.

The Olympics belong on the national broadcaster.

CBC is garbage. Waste of tax dollars.

StylinRed 08-02-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fappin (Post 7992596)
North Korea's Key to Olympic Medals: Rewards for Winners, Punishment for Losers - ABC News

North Koreans receive a house, car, and a fridge, along with social status while Canadians just get $20,000. Then again its gold or labor camp lol

well its according to former defectors so whatever they say will obviously be biased and embellished and even then the defectors say its just a threat of a labor camp

Plus

Quote:

Rumors of athletes being sent directly to labor camps upon arriving home are not confirmed, but it is a common procedure to open "review meetings" after the sports events in which participants "assess" their own and each other's games, said Kim Yo-Han.

If during that process the person is determined "disloyal" to their Dear Leader, the athlete is likely to be expelled from the sports organization and at times sent to labor camps.
rumors/unconfirmed but in the same breath saying they at times are sent to labour camps :suspicious:

sounds like a load of BS in all honesty and its coming from American news and defectors who just say its rumored... meh

Great68 08-02-2012 03:50 PM

I don't care who the broadcaster for the olympics is, as long as they have the same or greater number of online feeds. That's pretty much all I've been watching, especially because I find the sports like indoor volleyball, handball etc more interesting.

will068 08-02-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7992666)
well its according to former defectors so whatever they say will obviously be biased and embellished and even then the defectors say its just a threat of a labor camp

Plus

rumors/unconfirmed but in the same breath saying they at times are sent to labour camps :suspicious:

sounds like a load of BS in all honesty and its coming from American news and defectors who just say its rumored... meh

It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. I remember torture bestowed to Iraq's soccer team by one of Saddam's sons in one of the AFC Asian Cup tourneys.

StylinRed 08-02-2012 04:23 PM

:sweetjesus: bra vs aus beach vb

Gh0stRider 08-02-2012 06:26 PM

most lopsided win

TRDood 08-02-2012 06:42 PM

Anyone have full game or highlights for usa bball game? Mobile compatible would be awesome.

k3lv 08-02-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7992802)
Anyone have full game or highlights for usa bball game? Mobile compatible would be awesome.

yeah I wanna see some highlights too but finding it hard to source it out through the news

TRDood 08-02-2012 07:15 PM

Team USA Basketball Highlights vs. Nigeria | Olympic Videos | Lakers Nation

The only highlights found was on lakersnation, but they are only short clips and not very useful.

seakrait 08-02-2012 07:50 PM

*puts on failsuit purely for the carly rae jepsen music*

but hey, hot 'murican swimmers. ;)

also, lol @ ryan lochte.

edit: gah, you have to watch it on youtube. :(

who's that at 1:30? :megusta:

falcon 08-02-2012 08:21 PM

How the hell is equestrian "dressage" part of the Olympics? This is a joke, right?

Watching it right now (don't asl why... :suspicious:). When they started doing it I thought it was a big joke.

Jumping and x-country I can understand, but this shit? Really?

MindBomber 08-02-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7992894)
How the hell is equestrian "dressage" part of the Olympics? This is a joke, right?

Watching it right now (don't asl why... :suspicious:). When they started doing it I thought it was a big joke.

Jumping and x-country I can understand, but this shit? Really?

Dressage is arguably one of the most technically challenging of all Olympic events, and few equestrian enthusiasts would not refer to it as the most challenging style of riding.

It's a very difficult sport to understand if you're not interested in it, because the movements of the rider and even the horse are very subtle and technical. Most people see a horse walking funny in a strange pattern guided by the rider, but the movement of each step and the transitions between different types of steps and gaits (paces) is being judged. The rider makes very subtle movements issuing commands to the horse continuously to tell them how exactly to perform the multiple stages of steps and transitions, while balancing with extreme skill to not affect the way the horse moves with shifting weight. All that while keeping a 1200lb prey animal from losing it in response to the thousands of people watching.

Almost all non-horse people enjoy jumping, but find dressage weird and confusing. :lol

SkinnyPupp 08-02-2012 09:05 PM

It's only really there for the rich cunts.

rsx 08-02-2012 09:13 PM

when i hear dressage...

MindBomber 08-02-2012 09:49 PM

^
I never get tired of that video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7992946)
It's only really there for the rich cunts.

Why do you say that?

Manic! 08-02-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7993002)
^
I never get tired of that video.

Why do you say that?

Because it is. I.E. Mitt and Ann Romney

Ronin 08-02-2012 09:57 PM

Because the only people that understand or like that wack jumping horse event...or basically anything involving horses...are rich people that can afford horses.

Great68 08-02-2012 10:00 PM

Watching Indoor Volleyball game replays. Apart from the women in bikinis, Indoor volleyball is so much better than beach volleyball.

MindBomber 08-02-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7993010)
Because the only people that understand or like that wack jumping horse event...or basically anything involving horses...are rich people that can afford horses.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

You're making broad generalizations on a subject you have no knowledge of.

fetched 08-02-2012 10:25 PM

Does CTV have full replays? All I could seem to find are highlights

edit: nevermind found it, it's at the bottom of their video section

Great68 08-02-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fetched (Post 7993044)
Does CTV have full replays? All I could seem to find are highlights

edit: nevermind found it, it's at the bottom of their video section

Or click on the "Schedule" tab, and click on the individual events there. Not every event has a replay unfortunately.

rice cooker 08-03-2012 12:42 AM

they might as well have olympic horse racing than this equestrian shit, its alot less dangerous for the human and the horse. i cant beleive they booted olympic baseball/softball and kept this

Tim Budong 08-03-2012 12:53 AM

real test for TEAM USA BASKETBALL starts on saturday against Argentina and Luthuania

Spain has a strong team, with no real big man in the middle for USA, Spain could be a real threat

SkinnyPupp 08-03-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice cooker (Post 7993135)
they might as well have olympic horse racing than this equestrian shit, its alot less dangerous for the human and the horse. i cant beleive they booted olympic baseball/softball and kept this

Rich cunts don't care about softball, they want to show off their million dollar horses

Tim Budong 08-03-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice cooker (Post 7993135)

Watch basketball be next to be booted. Its like the talk of having women's hockey being excluded. The continuing dominance by select countries will lead to this.