REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 5 and iOS6 Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673461-iphone-5-ios6-thread.html)

winson604 09-07-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8022705)
people are already reserving it before it's being announced?

:suspicious:

Friend owns a cell phone store. Will be putting one aside for me.

Ikkaku 09-07-2012 09:20 AM

So I was reading up on the new iOS 6

They have a new map application which most people know about. It features a turn-by-turn gps function. Only people with a 4S and above, or ipad 2/3 can use it.

Siri is still only available for 4S and newer (including new ipad)

facetime over cell network also 4S and newer

the iphone 4 is completely obsolete. :(

Iceman_2K 09-07-2012 09:31 AM

I'm waiting for the 5S lol......

Vale46Rossi 09-07-2012 10:08 AM

Personally, I don't trust anything out there until Apple puts out the spec's not websites everywhere.

invader 09-07-2012 10:09 AM

What is NFC?

SkinnyPupp 09-07-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 8022893)
What is NFC?

Perfect response

Vale46Rossi 09-07-2012 10:18 AM

Being realistic, how often do you guys use your NFC chip?

My BB9900 has it and never used it once.

My galaxy nexus had it with google wallet used it 2x (free $5 or $10) i forgot how much.

I never used it again.... how often do people actually use it?

shenmecar 09-07-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader (Post 8022893)
What is NFC?

Let me google that for you

c3m 09-07-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 8022904)
Being realistic, how often do you guys use your NFC chip?

My BB9900 has it and never used it once.

My galaxy nexus had it with google wallet used it 2x (free $5 or $10) i forgot how much.

I never used it again.... how often do people actually use it?

If more stores use it then it will be used. I think NFC will be used alot more when the general public understands it and not fear it like it is a new form of virus.

It's like those paypass function on credit cards, I use it everytime the stores allows me to use it.

also, NFC isn't just for payment. It can be used to transfer data between NFC devices (Contact, songs, etc..). Also it can be used to change settings of your phone (ie: Xperia S got those NFC "token" where you set specific phone settings on it and everytime you swipe across it you phone changes to the pre-set setting.)

Hondaracer 09-07-2012 11:39 AM

Pay pass is barely accepted anywhere right now and it's a much more feasible technology IMO

So..for Rogers costumers wanting to do a hardware upgrade what do you guys think is the best option? Last time
For my 4 I was able to call Retentions and get one through them even though they told me they couldn't do it other people on RS were calling at the same time and getting them so I convinced her, probably outside of lining up Retentions is the best option?
Posted via RS Mobile

dangonay 09-07-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyej20 (Post 8022706)
Foxconn workers getting ready to package the new iPhones..

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachme...5&d=1347007283

notice it's called "The New iPhone"

Memo to all the fakers trying to drum up hits with "iPhone news":

Check to make sure the image you use for the iPhone home screen doesn't contain icons for Apps that Apple has removed in iOS 6.

strykn 09-07-2012 12:24 PM

IP5 over hyped and not revolutionary , going to be a disappointment. Same shit different day.

wreckless 09-07-2012 12:47 PM

the iPhone is the main reason why apple is trading at $680/share. it is their flagship product and accounts for most of their net sales.

why after a massive delay (ip4s release) would they put out a dissapointing product?

aside from a potential bottleneck in new cellular advancements, i can't see the new iPhone just being a bigger, slightly faster ip4s with a better camera.

Nabatron 09-07-2012 01:11 PM

^^ because they know they are apple and people will buy anything they put out pretty simple...this also happened with RIM aka Blackberry. I say this because RIM was so set in their ways and I can see some similarities with Apple. Thay saying Apple still has a long way to hit where RIM is right now. Still anything can happen you can be the King one day then down in the shitter the next!

Nabatron 09-07-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobyej20 (Post 8022686)
The iPhone usually launches a week or so after the announcement and is usually available for preorder about 3 days after announcement.

The iPhone 4S was available in Canada on the same date as US.. I believe US didn't have the factory unlocked 4S last year till a few months after launch..

You're better off buying it locally here than to buy it from the states.

Im asking this just because what if Apple does'nt launch the Ip5 in Canada the same day as the US. Just so that I will know if I can just go pre order it once released Sept 12. and hoping it would be unlocked for Canadian carriers...

mr_chin 09-07-2012 01:25 PM

Apple is following RIM path right now. Constantly put out phone at no physical improvement. It's just a shell you slap iOS into.

Now if they just improve imessage a little to be comparable to bbm, things might be better.

I can't see what iphone 5 has that will beat features like smart eye tracking (phone specific feature), mute phone when placed face down, to something as simple as 4.8"/5.5" screen.

c3m 09-07-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nabatron (Post 8023038)
Im asking this just because what if Apple does'nt launch the Ip5 in Canada the same day as the US. Just so that I will know if I can just go pre order it once released Sept 12. and hoping it would be unlocked for Canadian carriers...

I'm pretty sure Canada will get the iPhone on the same day US launches. In fact Apple will make even more countries to release on the same day because they love numbers and that is the only way they could call the new iPhone the quickest selling iPhone in history.

Nabatron 09-07-2012 01:50 PM

^^ yeah I hope so! I guess we will just have to wait till next week when Apple does release it out for people to see. I'm hoping all the Apple stores here in Van will get a shit load of them so I can snag one since my contract isn't up for another 2 years.

teddyah 09-07-2012 07:43 PM

Anyone seen this video ??

forehead_04 09-07-2012 08:23 PM

How long after the 4 was released did they launch the 4s? Is it worth waiting for the 5s???

guava 09-07-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddyah (Post 8023349)

this looks legit.

i think the new iphone sales will shoot through the roof. again.:okay:

SkinnyPupp 09-07-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 8022970)
Memo to all the fakers trying to drum up hits with "iPhone news":

Check to make sure the image you use for the iPhone home screen doesn't contain icons for Apps that Apple has removed in iOS 6.

Not to mention they are already promoting it as a "5" right there in the announcement image

mr_chin 09-07-2012 09:26 PM

fingerprint scanning looks pretty cool.

Sir_Loin 09-07-2012 09:39 PM

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new...dia_invite.jpg

I think the 5 is just apple trolling, there are just gonna call it the new iphone and introduce 5 new things. New Ipod Nano, Ipod Touch, Iphone, IOS6 and new Ipad mini?

SkinnyPupp 09-07-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illapeeno (Post 8023442)
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new...dia_invite.jpg

I think the 5 is just apple trolling, there are just gonna call it the new iphone and introduce 5 new things. New Ipod Nano, Ipod Touch, Iphone, IOS6 and new Ipad mini?

:rukidding: