REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 5 and iOS6 Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673461-iphone-5-ios6-thread.html)

StylinRed 09-12-2012 12:20 PM

I just have to say Im glad that I looked back a few pages

Skinny was spitting out gold today imo, thanks for the lols :fullofwin:

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8027351)
8MP camera! Just like StylinRed's Nokia from 2009

:rofl: :thumbs:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 8027353)
it's the clarity, not how big the picture is

can't speak for the iphone5 but the n86 produces arguably better pics than the 4S if not the same (n86 wins in the low light category too)

Porschedog 09-12-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhrėr-Z (Post 8027483)
﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿
I'll stick with my iPhone 4...Think my next phone upgrade will be an android...Unless blackberry changes the world next year.

I guess your getting an android then :ilied:

Verdasco 09-12-2012 12:21 PM

disappointed... so much disappointment from an iphone user, my next one wiill be android..

zx7rrrr 09-12-2012 12:21 PM

Iphone died when steve jobs died.
Posted via RS Mobile

Hehe 09-12-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zx7rrrr (Post 8027519)
Iphone died when steve jobs died.
Posted via RS Mobile

I think this is true in so many ways.

iPhone used to be announced always with something that trails other competitors so much that it would take quite some time for competitors to catch up. And by the time that actually happens, Apple is again announcing a new model.

This time around, the iPhone5 is arguably at the same height of phones from other manufacturer (Samsung, HTC... etc) I am not so sure how Apple is going to be able to last almost a year with this spec.

The next refresh for other manufacturer would be in November just before the holiday season. I'd be hard pressed iPhone5 could go head to head with those.

insomniac 09-12-2012 12:55 PM

Will the 4s have the panoramic camera thing? I'm a fan of the iPhone but it seems like the only thin worth upgrading for is the LTE. Wish it had a better camera though but the 4s picture files are pretty big
Posted via RS Mobile

mos_skeeto 09-12-2012 01:07 PM

I get the disappointment especially when most of the news were leaked before the announcement... but at this point I don't think Apple be coming out with any revolutionary advancements anytime soon. It'll all be small improvements and software changes for the next while. The form factor is good as I find some of the new droid phones too big.

InvisibleSoul 09-12-2012 01:22 PM

For those that are disappointed, here's a question... what would have you wanted the iPhone 5 to have?

This is true to all phones nowadays... what more is there possibly to improve upon from what's available now?

twitchyzero 09-12-2012 01:33 PM

^easy

galaxy note specs with flip phone battery life :concentrate:

Harvey Specter 09-12-2012 01:35 PM

OMG all the hype for this? What the hell was Apple thinking? Looks like I'll be sticking to my S3.

strykn 09-12-2012 01:35 PM

wish the screen was a bit wider :okay:

inv4zn 09-12-2012 01:38 PM

From The Onion:

Quote:

Apple Announces New iPhone With N-Word On Back Knowing Customers Will Buy It Anyway

SAN FRANCISCO—With CEO Tim Cook stating that desperate customers would surely “line up like idiots” to purchase the offensive product anyway, Apple announced today the release of the company’s new iPhone 5, which features the word “nigger” boldly embossed on its back. “Sure, the new iPhone has the word ‘nigger’ printed right on it, but we all know you pathetic losers will still buy it in droves, because, hell, you’ll buy anything we put out,” Cook said in a press conference, describing the lightweight smartphone that will include a larger high-resolution display and have the racial slur printed in 36-point Helvetica font directly on its back, as well as on every accessory sold for the product. “Our technology ensures the word will brightly light up through whatever cover or sticker you may use in an attempt to obscure it, so don’t even try. You are all very stupid and sheeplike, and I will enjoy watching this play out.” Cook followed the iPhone 5 announcement with a brief preview of the company’s updated iPad, which will feature a loud, unchangeable ringtone of Roseanne Barr repeatedly yelling “faggot.”
Apple Announces New iPhone With N-Word On Back Knowing Customers Will Buy It Anyway | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

blum2001 09-12-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 8027559)
For those that are disappointed, here's a question... what would have you wanted the iPhone 5 to have?

This is true to all phones nowadays... what more is there possibly to improve upon from what's available now?

I think that's just it. People didn't want the iphone5 to be improved on to be in line with the S3, Nokia or whatever else is out there. They wanted something new and innovative to be unveiled with the iphone5. If it had wireless charging or they invented some new feature that isn't on any other smart phone I believe people would be more impressed. It's been a huge discussion in my office today and most apple die hard's were sitting there with the 'that's it??' look on their faces.

G 09-12-2012 01:48 PM

Mostly it's because they keep it do secretive that we expect some huge shebang. But, turns out there's nothing that impressive and your anticipation wasted.
Posted via RS Mobile

DanHibiki 09-12-2012 01:48 PM

Lol wow, all the rumors and leaked pictures were dead on this year. Really watered down the excitement.

Although a larger screen is nicer, I really like the convenience of having a smaller screen that I can use with one hand. It was one of the reasons why I didn't like my Galaxy Nexus.

Quote:

For me, I was hoping for some sort of nice technology, as gimmicky as it may be. Last year they had Siri at least and set the bar for other phones to include their own voice assistants. But there was nothing this year. No iPhone 5 specific feature (be it hardware or software) which was what I was hoping for.

But what I really wanted to see are big software improvements. I'm a software kinda guy and thus if I switched back to Android I would only get a Google phone so I can get all the latest updates fast and have MANY updates to the phone.

iOS6 was Apples main chance to really impress me and it didn't.

That said, unfortunately I'll be sticking to with iPhone and not switching to Android. I'm waaaaaay too used to the notification system of iOS and hated it when I was using my Nexus. :okay:

Gt-R R34 09-12-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blum2001 (Post 8027571)
I think that's just it. People didn't want the iphone5 to be improved on to be in line with the S3, Nokia or whatever else is out there. They wanted something new and innovative to be unveiled with the iphone5. If it had wireless charging or they invented some new feature that isn't on any other smart phone I believe people would be more impressed. It's been a huge discussion in my office today and most apple die hard's were sitting there with the 'that's it??' look on their faces.

Pretty much the same except that my office has girls that are not tech savvy and gushing over the iphone 5....saying it's the best thing ever.

Which is where Apple wins big and pwns the rest of the competition when it comes to sales and marketing.

The non-savvy average consumer.

BigTrollFace 09-12-2012 01:59 PM

I just realized they still dont have a LED notification light

Phozy 09-12-2012 02:03 PM

The amount of posts in this thread in the past 12 hrs :ahwow:

I'm not the biggest fan of Apple, but they sure have accomplished a lot, sitting at the top now.

mb_ 09-12-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTrollFace (Post 8027592)
I just realized they still dont have a LED notification light

What phone does? Other than a blackberry
Posted via RS Mobile

sonick 09-12-2012 02:07 PM

... most Android phones?

Hehe 09-12-2012 02:07 PM

IMHO, the iPhone5 should have been targeting what Jobs does best: user experience.

Apple stated that people are doing everything wireless nowadays. Thus, why bother with a new connector and new sim? I would have gone fully wireless with inductive charging/syncing. The technology needed already exist for this very specific purpose on a mass-production level.

If I were to design the iPhone5 from ground up, I'd keep pretty much most of the iPhone4S, upgrade the processor a bit, perhaps same screen size but fully wireless: inductive charging, transferjet and NFC (a bit optional given the overlap with transferjet).

This would be something truly revolutionary. A first true wireless smartphone. This is something that sounds extremely awesome technologically and marketing-wise, all while opening countless new possibilities in accessories, functionalities and app design.

Sadly, Apple chose the other way: play safe and stick to what isn't broken.

zx7rrrr 09-12-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8027596)
Posted via RS Mobile

my htc panache. so useful

zx7rrrr 09-12-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

built in microwave and a/c for hot days. how about a time machine and built in machine guns.

Recon604 09-12-2012 02:11 PM

black ionized aluminum back!! =O i dont want to ditch my black HTC One X

blum2001 09-12-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8027596)
Posted via RS Mobile

my Galaxy nexus