REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mobile-phone-tablet-chat_52/)
-   -   The iPhone 5 and iOS6 Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/673461-iphone-5-ios6-thread.html)

Vale46Rossi 09-12-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenstoner (Post 8027373)
Haha I thought its a failure and it is ...
I'm using iPhone 4 and that's all the apple product I own. I know for sure I won't purchase an iPhone 5
Posted via RS Mobile

I personally don't think they need that much more improvement on it.

What do you want it to do?

Sir_Loin 09-12-2012 10:03 AM

Just woke up did they change the micro sim card to the nano sim?

rk604 09-12-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illapeeno (Post 8027381)
Just woke up did they change the micro sim card to the nano sim?

doesn't seem like it

Vale46Rossi 09-12-2012 10:05 AM

not announced yet but if you want to follow :

http://live.theverge.com/apple-iphone-5-live-blog/

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 8027379)
I personally don't think they need that much more improvement on it.

What do you want it to do?

That's true, in this day and age most major improvements have already been made.

I think the backlash is due to the inevitable hype it receives. They basically 'caught up' (if that) yet we'll have to hear from obnoxious apple users about how it's "designed for the hand" and "nobody needs NFC anyway" and "thinner is better (despite putting it in a thick ugly case) and stupid shit like that.

unit 09-12-2012 10:08 AM

whats with iphones pricing
$199 for 16gb, $399 for 64gb

i bought the fastest 64GB sd card for $55 for my s3, apple wants $200 for 48GB.

these prices are circa 2007

Durrann 09-12-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb_ (Post 8027378)
^you can do that with iOS 5
Posted via RS Mobile

oops i havent updated yet haha

rk604 09-12-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8027387)
whats with iphones pricing
$199 for 16gb, $399 for 64gb

i bought the fastest 64GB sd card for $55 for my s3, apple wants $200 for 48GB.

these prices are circa 2007

your comparing a phone to an sd card...briliant. it's a business...they didn't become the valued company they are today selling stuff cheap

Armind 09-12-2012 10:11 AM

:ahwow:

Vale46Rossi 09-12-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8027384)
That's true, in this day and age most major improvements have already been made.

I think the backlash is due to the inevitable hype it receives. They basically 'caught up' (if that) yet we'll have to hear from obnoxious apple users about how it's "designed for the hand" and "nobody needs NFC anyway" and "thinner is better (despite putting it in a thick ugly case) and stupid shit like that.

Yup that is true, I am a big Apple fan but I do play with all Android phones as well.

I won't go and argue just because it doesn't have NFC it's useless. I look at it this way... This phone is suitable for me because it has features I am interested in. I will determine if this phone is suitable even though it does not have NFC. Since my BB9900 had NFC it never got used and my galaxy I only used it twice in my life. Other than that I am good.

It seems that iPhone 5 is suitable for me and it works but to other people it could be another case, there is no point comparing about whose is better, in the end it's just what is suitable for the owner.

Tim Budong 09-12-2012 10:15 AM

Apple picks their words right, can make this "mid-range" wondermachine sound like the worlds greatest
but fact is, they market the phone for the end user. not for tech followers

unit 09-12-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 8027389)
your comparing a phone to an sd card...briliant. it's a business...they didn't become the valued company they are today selling stuff cheap

if you want to compare strictly apples to apples then samsungs memory is still twice as cheap for built in.

then again some people will pay anything for apple, even when memory goes down in price over 5 years you're still willing the pay the exact same pricing.

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 8027393)
Yup that is true, I am a big Apple fan but I do play with all Android phones as well.

I won't go and argue just because it doesn't have NFC it's useless. I look at it this way... This phone is suitable for me because it has features I am interested in. I will determine if this phone is suitable even though it does not have NFC. Since my BB9900 had NFC it never got used and my galaxy I only used it twice in my life. Other than that I am good.

It seems that iPhone 5 is suitable for me and it works but to other people it could be another case, there is no point comparing about whose is better, in the end it's just what is suitable for the owner.

And that;s the bottom line. I wish more people were sensible like you.

If the screen were bigger and I was able to install apps and tools my way, and/or the phone wasn't so damn expensive, I would consider one myself. That doesn't mean I'd get it, but I would at least consider it.

As it is, I don't want a narrow long screen. And I like to tinker with my phone, especially when it gets old. I think being able to root and tweak a phone adds at least a year to its life.

THat's me, that's you. We have different preferences, let's get along still :fullofwin:

mr_chin 09-12-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 8027393)

Actually, comparison matters because without another phone to compare to, you won't know how good or bad the iphone 5 is. Without comparison, you won't know if it's worth upgrading with the money you pay. Without comparison, you won't know which phone suits you more.

Vale46Rossi 09-12-2012 10:18 AM

Nano looks pretty cool eh, I miss using my old one haha.

rk604 09-12-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8027398)
if you want to compare strictly apples to apples then samsungs memory is still twice as cheap for built in.

then again some people will pay anything for apple, even when memory goes down in price over 5 years you're still willing the pay the exact same pricing.

no i totally agree that apple's products are priced higher...but hey, they're doing something right to make them able to price everything at that price AND have people buy their products.

I kinda like the nano though...

SkinnyPupp 09-12-2012 10:22 AM

Nano looks great except no clip :(

That makes it totally a no-sell for me personally

Vale46Rossi 09-12-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8027400)
Actually, comparison matters because without another phone to compare to, you won't know how good or bad the iphone 5 is. Without comparison, you won't know if it's worth upgrading with the money you pay. Without comparison, you won't know which phone suits you more.

Comparison for the OWNER matters not for friends and families to bitch about at a dinner table every time.

Remember you are getting a product for yourself to use and not to showoff and have arguments at EVERY DINNER.

I personally think if you're happy that matters the most... who cares about the specs as long as you are happy with it.

People will always choose a device and make sacrifices between which one to get to get the one more suitable. There is no product that is "The Perfect Device"

rk604 09-12-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8027405)
Nano looks great except no clip :(

That makes it totally a no-sell for me personally

shit...your right

anyone see anything about the connection they using for "Lightning" ? Is it USB 3.0?

mr_chin 09-12-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk604 (Post 8027403)
no i totally agree that apple's products are priced higher...but hey, they're doing something right to make them able to price everything at that price AND have people buy their products.

I kinda like the nano though...

Bottom line is, I would not pay another $500 - $600 to upgrade from 4s to iphone 5. The improvements is just not THAT much.

Lots of improvements, but I would like my money to pay for features, features, features.

murd0c 09-12-2012 10:23 AM

I wonder what the prices will be with a 3yr contract.

rk604 09-12-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8027409)
Bottom line is, I would not pay another $500 - $600 to upgrade from 4s to iphone 5. The improvements is just not THAT much.

Lots of improvements, but I would like my money to pay for features, features, features.

i wouldn't upgrade for that price either...but i sold my 4s for 450, so i'd only have to add a few bit to get a 32gb lets say?

Vale46Rossi 09-12-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8027409)

Then don't?

Seems like to me it's not a suitable product for you since you don't see the Cost/Benefit and that is fine and nothing wrong with that.

rk604 09-12-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8027410)
I wonder what the prices will be with a 3yr contract.

probably same as they are currently

mr_chin 09-12-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 8027407)
Comparison for the OWNER matters not for friends and families to bitch about at a dinner table every time.

Remember you are getting a product for yourself to use and not to showoff and have arguments at EVERY DINNER.

I personally think if you're happy that matters the most... who cares about the specs as long as you are happy with it.

People will always choose a device and make sacrifices between which one to get to get the one more suitable. There is no product that is "The Perfect Device"

What you say is very true and I totally agree.

But in reality, it is human nature to look for the cheapest price for the best product. It is human nature to get their money's worth.

How would you feel if you paid $50k for a honda civic, when someone paid $50k for a acura tsx.