REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #251
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,353
Thanked 1,794 Times in 823 Posts
Honestly, business owners should do business according to local customs. If the customs involve having signage in English, then they should have some signage in English.

$_$ made a valiant effort, but I think the best way to combat the discrimination that still exists in Canadian society (and if people think that it doesn't exist, they are incredibly naive - after all, how many people with non-English sounding names run major organizations in this country?) is to shut up and blend in. The recent wave of immigrants who refuse to adapt, can't speak nor write proper English give the rest of us regular Chinese folk a bad rap.
Advertisement
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #252
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene
 
$_$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Space
Posts: 1,919
Thanked 560 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
According to your argument: the current and upcoming generation of Chinese Canadians will hold racist prejudices against other Chinese Canadians, which they'll project under the guise of assimilation. The notion of a person holding racist prejudices against their own ethnicity is absurd. Current Chinese Canadians support of the motion must not be grounded in racist prejudices, but rather unbiased logic. The overwhelming majority of non-Chinese Canadians who support the motion employ the same unbiased logic, and are therefore not the racist or xenophobic.
I'm sorry if I am not more clear. My line of questioning is not directed at the next generation of Chinese Canadians. As you can see from the major proponents of this provision and those most vocals about their displeasure about lack of English are all White Canadians, which I mentioned in my post. There are many levels of racism, just as there are many levels of xenophobia. I would hope that those with these underlying feelings can see from this thread alone that they are exhibiting many symptoms that display signs of xenophobia and harbor feelings that I would interpret as racist.

Last edited by $_$; 03-21-2013 at 12:46 AM.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #253
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Infiniti
Posts: 2,470
Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Spoiler!


K, I kinda just skimmed thru your response, but I personally think its Not exactly Racism. I think its just the fact that majority of Chinese people have bad manners, and I know they do because its just how they live in China and they have Brought that attitude over.

If you ask me do I like Chinese people or White people? I mean, I dont have hate for either but I do not tolerate fucking disrespectful human of all race.

do you guys remember the old days when us (asians) walk down the street anywhere and all the Caucasians say hi to you and nod at you and smile? (like they've never seen an Asian before)

well that was like what 1995?, I dont think in 20 years people just Suddenly become Racist. I truly think its just the Manner that Chinese people have brought over to North America.

couple things that pisses me off is:
1. spitting everywhere even in the malls
2. driving like theres no laws.
3. speaking loudly in public like its their own backyard
4. no mutual respect for one another for things such as keeping the door open for the person behind. (rudest one I ve seen was in tualip outlet where 2 caucasian mothers opened the door to push Both their babies in and a Chinese lady storms out and dont even hold the door open.) that got me pretty fed up.

this is just my thought.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #254
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
i may be oversimplifying this, but since a high crop of mainland Chinese immigrating into Richmond have money currently, they are able to establish their own businesses or just have satellite families here

conversely, one could argue that
-immigrants having less money would feel the need to integrate much quicker, or perhaps it would be a necessity to be able to work for an english harbouring employer.
-to seek help from locals

now since most of these mainlanders have the money, they are not fully subject to those conditions. in fact, there are many others in that same situation. they have a large community. and of course they would easily get along with each other since they share the same culture (and yes, language is tied in to culture)
中文 ... 文化

so we have all these factors that easily enable these immigrants to stay within their own culture really.

it is human nature to choose always choose the "easiest" path. it may not be the most efficient always, but it is what the brain deems as the most resource/energy conserving at the time.

what looks more appealing to a newly landed immigrant:
a) spend time learning from the ground up a new language and culture. plus time integrating
b) continue doing what they were doing in China essentially. the street names are different, but they operate the same

i dont blame them really. its just the way the environment played out

it would probably take a generation or two for them to really integrate with other Canadians (we can argue what is a Canadian really, everyone is an immgrant at one point' its a fucking melting pot here). their children will no doubtedly learn english in the school system here as well as their own language. look at most of Vancouver east side. huge chinese(cantonese speaking) population here, and their offspring mostly run along fine with the others around the block
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #255
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
ae101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: space
Posts: 3,241
Thanked 1,445 Times in 568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post

No, I have little use for a cow penis.

There's not a store exclusively selling cow penis in Richmond, however, so your argument is irrelevant.

There may be a restaurant serving cow penis in Richmond, but its most certainly served alongside dishes less off-putting to western sensibilities.

I may visit that restaurant.
so at this point it doesnt really matter if i have my blood sign in english or not

my point is that most non chinese folks wont be eating or buying stuff like cow penis, so whats the point seriously

im not saying its a bad idea to put english on the signs but some times u just dont need it

there a place in the richmond public market besided the flower shop, in english it says its a trading company & chinese i have not idea as i cant read (yes im a chinese that cant read chinese & its fail when working in china) but if u look inside u see it sells a bunch of stuff for the died

they sell paper mache stuff where they burn in fire hoping the died could receive it, now at this point i dont really see how the english would play a part at all as its 1. a chinese tradition & 2. im not even sure u if your alot to do that here
__________________
http://i55.tinypic.com/jujz2q.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #256
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,886
Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
I'm sorry if I am not more clear. My line of questioning is not directed at the next generation of Chinese Canadians. As you can see from the major proponents of this provision and those most vocals about their displeasure about lack of English are all White Canadians, which I mentioned in my post. There are many levels of racism, just as there are many levels of xenophobia. I would hope that those with these underlying feelings can see from this thread alone that there are exhibiting many symptoms that display signs of xenophobia and harbor feelings that I would interpret as racist.
My apologies; I read, "on this board," as the idiom, "on board."

My argument stands, however, and it largely refutes the cries of prejudice.

Chinese Canadians support of the motion cannot imply racism and xenophobia, so non-Chinese Canadians similar support of it cannot imply it either.

I would further argue: Chinese Canadians support of the motion has been less contested than non-Chinese Canadians, because the formers' support cannot be easily dismissed as racism and xenophobia. Non-Chinese Canadians then become the major proponents of the motion, but not necessarily because they're the most opposed.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-20-2013 at 10:39 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #257
My homepage has been set to RS
 
trancehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 742 Times in 363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post

Chinese Canadians support of the motion cannot imply racism and xenophobia, so non-Chinese Canadians similar support of it cannot imply it either.
i was going to disagree with this statement at first, but i do agree with you to some extent.
but it becomes more sound if reworded

some Chinese Canadians support of the motion cannot imply racism and xenophobia, so some non-Chinese Canadians similar support of it cannot imply it either.

clearly it is not the ENTIRE body of Chinese Canadians whom support the motion who can't claim racism/xenophobia.
for example:
-as evident by this board and generally in Vancouver, there are those who do not speak chinese or read chinese. so it would be hard to identify with being Chinese completely
-a majority incoming are Mandarin speaking. a lot of those already residing in Vancouver are Cantonese speaking. so some would indeed feel alienated. In Hongkong, displeasure (racism in some cases) is even more extreme


overall, it cannot be totally justified that there is zero racism/xenophobia here. but i do see where you are coming from
__________________
Quote:

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts

Last edited by trancehead; 03-20-2013 at 11:08 PM.
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #258
SB7
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
SB7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,095
Thanked 4,462 Times in 438 Posts
Hmmm, gone through the last couple of pages in this thread and feel a lot of enmity rising from people for the wrong reasons. Whether or not you agree or disagree with the decision, (Personally I would have liked to see at least some English in Chinese-only signs) the city council has passed their decision and we should all make the best of it.

I don't think i'm being racist, I am more than 3/4 Chinese but cannot speak the language, so it makes a lot of sense for me to want to be able to read the signs in Chinese stores so I know what I am buying, even though MOST places I go to have at least some English in their labels.

The way I see it, we should try and remain tolerant of immigrants, even though I do agree with $_$ on some points in his argument, I feel like it would be wrong to force others to speak a language if they don't want to learn, even if they are rich, pompous, and ignorant jerks.

I'm looking forward to the near future when people start buying into the Google Glasses and you can instantly translate whatever you see and also what people are saying. I'm not actually 100% sure of the capabilities but I bet the first people to buy it will be the Rich Mainlanders looking for ways to look even more ballin. At least (maybe?) This will give them some sort of incentive to learn a bit of English so that they don't seem so xenophobic of Canadian culture.
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #259
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 824 Times in 340 Posts
christ stop being so sensitive. More often than not you are living comfortably here with a nice family life and home. There will always be racism anywhere but over here its as small as it gets

I've lived in two other countries. One wouldn't allow me to live where i want due to my culture and race and they other made me fight people literally to defend myself. Whethere you're a white person who can't go to a restaurant without feeling outcast or a Chinese person who feels like theres racial tension, it unfortunately is not going anywhere and you have it damn good.
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #260
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
I was mistaken.

At first I thought people were just being ignorantly racist and xenophobic.
yes ignorantly racist. they don't even know they're doing it. They can't see it at all.

but i was wrong.

they're just fucking scared. deep down inside, they don't even know it. They're just pussies. trying to hold on to what little identity they have, not just because they already don't have much to hold on to, but because at the core of what they're made up of... they are full of fear. they operate based on an egocentric life style, where everything is always about "I" and so long as their "way" isn't being slowly entrenched or engulfed by another type of bubble, they feel safe and happy.






i'm not gonna be polite and all nice about this shit any more.

you guys that are opposed to this are straight up being racist ignorant fuck heads.

you're so ignorant you don't even know it. you can't even fucking see it.

guess what, nothing we say can convince you. so i'll just say it the way it really is, and the one way you'll understand:


fuck you. too fucking bad. wah wah wah, cry me a fucking river.

you're going to be surrounded by chinese, and in the coming years, you'll be surrounded even more.

your kids are gonna be surrouded by chinese. he'll they're gonna have chinese girlfriends, and chinese friends, and eat chinese food, and probably read and speak a bit of chinese too.

wah wah wah, for once in your god damn westernized (i wanna say white but oh shit that's racist), you feel inferior, like someone else is stepping on your shit.

guess what, this shit was never yours to be stepped on in the first place. it's a resource. a resource that's passed around, and now it's passed onto someone else's hands.

the city council disagrees with you, the law disagrees with you, and the masses disagree with you.

if you wanna be surrounded by "white culture", go move to steveston or Langley (lol but in 10-15 years you'll be complaining that's too *insert non-Anglo-Saxon culture here*)


and please. stop with the "adapt to our culture".... OUR culture? what's OUR? WHO'S OUR?

what? everyone's gotta be a beer loving, ice skating, flannel wearing lumberjack? and jerk off to hockey players? drinking maple syrup while singing god save the queen?

give me a break.

as far as im concerned, "canadian culture" is the majority. it changes. you're the minority now. get a clue.

"learn english" because they're in CANADA? hello? with that attitude you should become a fucking yank and move down south to our imperialist retarded big brother.


the universe is borderless. no one has to learn anything in any country. if they can survive, they can survive. and so far they're surviving pretty good. oh.. wait, are you scared cuz you feel like on the survival ladder, you're lower now? cuz you can't adapt? cuz you're stuck with your ignorant fucking retarded way of thinking?

you've already lost the war. stop crying about it. hell it's not even a war. there was no fight to begin with. "your way" of life is dying. it's old. out with the old and in with the new.

go grow up to be grumpy old racist ignorant fucks somewhere else. or stay here, we don't mind.


bitch, money talks. if you were rich enough you would be living on the british properties or west vancouver, shit like this would never happen there, cuz white people there have money and power (slowly being taken over by the elite persians/iranians).


this isn't about logic, or some academic debate. no logic is needed.
all you have to know is, there's a lot of chinese, more than there are of you. they have much more money than you ever will. money is power and almost everything else you could wish for. the rest of the people around have to bend over and cater to them. that's all there is to it.

ANYWHERE you go, it's the same. it's just a shame that you thought you had your way before cuz of some cultural identity or cuz you claimed the land first or whatever fucking bullshit. no buddy, we live in a fucking dog eat dog world. whoever's got the money and bigger guns gets to do the talking and decision making. everyone else takes it up the ass or dies fighting. THE END.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-21-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #261
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
for those of you opposed to this, i suggest you guys go fucking move to another country and be surrounded by a complete alien culture.


when you get used to it, come back, because only then, will you be a real fucking human being that understands what it is to live on a planet shared by not just one type of person/culture. you'll either learn because they accepted your ways and let you life YOUR WAY in THEIR LAND. or they were ignorant fucks like you, and chased you out for not being like them.



the world is a global interconnected crazy ass place. and as time goes on it's going to be more and more connected.

cultures are a thing of the past. culture's are much like religion. people hold onto them for the most retarded reason, and like religion, cause much alienation between mankind. instead of worshipping a god, you're worshipping a culture.

in the future, you'll walk one block, it will be china town, another block it will be indian, and another block and it will be european.

right now you still have to drive across a bridge, but soon enough, i guarantee you, you'll be surrounded by things from all over the world.

I'll leave you with this old chinese proverb.

Quote:
This Chinese proverb relates to how one can be narrow sighted and even complacent. Nowadays it is used more widely to describe someone who is ignorant of the things around them.

井底之蛙
jǐng dǐ zhī wā
Frog in a well

It is told, that a sea turtle came upon a frog that lived in an old abandoned well. Upon seeing the turtle, the frog boasted: “Look, I am happy and completely at ease here. Why don’t you come down and join me?" The turtle tried, but the well was too small, the turtle couldn’t fit through the opening.

Then, he said to the frog: “Have you ever seen the ocean? It is vast, and you would truly be happy if you lived there." Upon hearing this, the frog was so surprised he just stood there speechless.

if you guys want them to put english in their signs, then you gotta put chinese in your signs.

this ain't fuckin the USA. yes you white folk were here first, yes, you killed the natives and claimed this land yours, and yes you "built" this nation and it's ideologies.

but guess what, none of that fucking matters. you built the foundation, now the tenants have moved in. and they're paying the rent. that's how it is.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #262
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,111
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts
How the fuck does this get away without any points?!

Replace some of the "white" words with another race or ethnicity and you'd get fucking banned.

Just because I am Caucasian\Euro-canadian (I don't call you yellow, don't call me white) and have an opinion that is different than yours, it doesn't mean I am a fucking racist or fearful of change.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #263
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: burnaby
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 1,888 Times in 487 Posts
your right, money does talk, but like many others have said, money cant buy class.

but since im just a beer loving, ice skating, flannel wearing lumberjack who jerks off to hockey players while drinking maple syrup and singing god save the queen. oh, dont forget i'm "racist" now as well. with the type attitude comming from your post, it really makes me think that one day there will be a race war and shit will be settled once and for all then.

you say its a resource being passed onto other hands. is it being passed onto, or being taken over?

Quote:
but guess what, none of that fucking matters. you built the foundation, now the tenants have moved in. and they're paying the rent. that's how it is
maybe its time for an eviction then.

(and i dont mean deport everyone by that...)

the way you've written your post is the exact reason racist gangs start. your basically saying fuck you were taking over, like it or leave it.

well you can only push so fucking hard before the other person pushes twice as hard back.

everyone is racist to some degree.
stewie is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #264
PM me for my nudes
 
smoothie.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,640
Thanked 3,353 Times in 886 Posts
I just want BBQ pork
Posted via RS Mobile
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #265
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
How the fuck does this get away without any points?!

Replace some of the "white" words with another race or ethnicity and you'd get fucking banned.

Just because I am Caucasian\Euro-canadian (I don't call you yellow, don't call me white) and have an opinion that is different than yours, it doesn't mean I am a fucking racist or fearful of change.

your opinion radiates xenophobia/racism/ignorance.

it's not just a difference in opinion. it's fear of something you don't understand.


the new rich mainland chinese that move here, that don't care to learn english...

sad to say, their mentality is close to yours.

they can't read english so they don't move to broadway or whatever.

they stay where they feel comfortable. just the same as you do.

so in fact, you guys are the same. so two wrongs don't make a right.

the only way to solve it, is to let you guys do whatever you want, with the people you want.

no one can have a stance over another.


I'm not being racist. i grew up west side, 90% white school. i'm basically white, with a off tint yellow shade

so i can't say white now? what the fuck do u want me to say? call me yellow, i don't care.

I got brown friends, white friends, black friends, tan friends. yellow friends.

what do you want me to refer to you as?

canadian? lol, canadian...so are the 60% chinese here.

anglo saxon? lol

white is racist now?

is it as racist as "learn english or get the fuck out of MY country!"???
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #266
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,029
Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
How the fuck does this get away without any points?!

Replace some of the "white" words with another race or ethnicity and you'd get fucking banned.

Just because I am Caucasian\Euro-canadian (I don't call you yellow, don't call me white) and have an opinion that is different than yours, it doesn't mean I am a fucking racist or fearful of change.
It's pure stupidity and drivel. The guy can't even put together a coherent paragraph anymore.

"you are the minority now" fuck off. That is not how cultures work. As open as Canada is to any culture, they don't simply become assimilated just because one country goes through an economic boom for a few years. Ask the cultures throughout Asia how they felt when they Japan tried to assimilate them.

"the population is 60% chinese" and then "travel and see the world". Sure sounds a lot like someone whose "travel" experience includes China, Taiwan, and Number 3 Road.

Usually I don't bother replying to his posts - hell I can't even bring myself to read more than a sentence or two - which is why I just fail him and move on. There is really nothing of value being said.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #267
Survivor MOD
 
T4RAWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,031
Thanked 1,504 Times in 525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
what? everyone's gotta be a beer loving, ice skating, flannel wearing lumberjack? and jerk off to hockey players? drinking maple syrup while singing god save the queen?
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #268
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,111
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
your opinion radiates xenophobia/racism/ignorance.

it's not just a difference in opinion. it's fear of something you don't understand.


the new rich mainland chinese that move here, that don't care to learn english...

sad to say, their mentality is close to yours.

they can't read english so they don't move to broadway or whatever.

they stay where they feel comfortable. just the same as you do.

so in fact, you guys are the same. so two wrongs don't make a right.

the only way to solve it, is to let you guys do whatever you want, with the people you want.

no one can have a stance over another.


I'm not being racist. i grew up west side, 90% white school. i'm basically white, with a off tint yellow shade

so i can't say white now? what the fuck do u want me to say? call me yellow, i don't care.

I got brown friends, white friends, black friends, tan friends. yellow friends.

what do you want me to refer to you as?

canadian? lol, canadian...so are the 60% chinese here.

anglo saxon? lol

white is racist now?

is it as racist as "learn english or get the fuck out of MY country!"???
Do you know what my opinion is on this topic?

I know you SO love to comb the threads and multi-quote everyone to pick, choose, and re-word their argument to validate yours.

I'll help you out here though and save you the search. My comment was in SUPPORT of having a sign where all could understand to avoid segregating a portion of the population. I also brought up the concern for safety and emergency response people being able to find the business in a reasonable time.

I also sarcastically said that I enjoyed where this thread was going because I could tell it was heading down this road (which, I should really thank you for confirming my prediction).

I don't think has anything to do with Canadian Culture....or Chinese Culture...I think people are making it racist because it is the easiest argument to make as it makes everyone shut the fuck up.

But, I guess we don't have to worry about you....because you have "white" and "brown", etc. friends. I didn't realize you can play that as your immunity card. That shit is brilliant.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #269
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
your right, money does talk, but like many others have said, money cant buy class.

but since im just a beer loving, ice skating, flannel wearing lumberjack who jerks off to hockey players while drinking maple syrup and singing god save the queen. oh, dont forget i'm "racist" now as well. with the type attitude comming from your post, it really makes me think that one day there will be a race war and shit will be settled once and for all then.

you say its a resource being passed onto other hands. is it being passed onto, or being taken over?



maybe its time for an eviction then.

(and i dont mean deport everyone by that...)

the way you've written your post is the exact reason racist gangs start. your basically saying fuck you were taking over, like it or leave it.

well you can only push so fucking hard before the other person pushes twice as hard back.

everyone is racist to some degree.
dude, everyone opposed to this is being just as rude as i am in this post.

now suddenly i take on all the opposing forces attitude and now I'M SUDDENLY RACIST?

well guess what... i sound racist, because i'm merely mimicking the same fucking attitude all the nay sayers have.


they don't see themselves being racist. now maybe they have some insight as to what they sound like.


by passed onto, i mean take over. i said it in a more subtle manner. resources are never given, they're only ever fought over. whether physically or economically. everything is war in one way or another. it doesn't have to be with guns and bullets.


money can't buy class, but why is that even an issue? if they wanna be classless rich snobs, then they can be classless rich snobs.

money cant buy class, so now you're gonna force them to be classy too?

you can't evict your tenants if they're the only renters out there.


no, my post is not why racist gangs start. your nay saying is why racist gangs start.

push back twice as hard? is that what you think you'll do after? but you're wrong, they're the ones pushing back twice as hard NOW. you already pushed hard, for the past oh 400-500 years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's pure stupidity and drivel. The guy can't even put together a coherent paragraph anymore.

"you are the minority now" fuck off. That is not how cultures work. As open as Canada is to any culture, they don't simply become assimilated just because goes through an economic boom for a few years. Ask the cultures throughout Asia how they felt when they Japan tried to assimilate them.

Usually I don't bother replying to his posts - hell I can't even bring myself to read more than a sentence or two - which is why I just fail him and move on. There is really nothing of value being said.
it's 100% coherent. you're just too narrow minded to understand.

"you're the minority now fuck off" is not how cultures work? oh please tell me how the world works.

this isnt just about culture. this is about the WORLD. this is about all of life existence since the beginning of life on this planet.

if you think some arbitrary thing like a law or culture changes that fact, you live in a fantasy dream world.

Japan tried assimilated them in the wrong way, they tried to do what the westerners did. they tried to IMPOSE, and walk in with their noses up and act all high and mighty.


the chinese, are not TRYING to assimilate you, nor will they ever try. they don't want you. lol. they don't want you to become them.

they are just moving where they please because they fucking can, because they have the money and power. if you don't understand that, then you don't understand the very basic fundamentals of the hierarchy of power and command.

those rules are what all sentient beings have been living under, for as long as we know. that rule has never been broken. and it never will be.


the strong rise up command, the fearful start pointing fingers and putting blame on others.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #270
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,253
Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #271
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch
 
fliptuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 20,339
Thanked 13,199 Times in 3,600 Posts
Put the chair down and get me some fucking popcorn.


把椅子下降 我想爆米花请

__________________
feedback

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad


RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #272
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 181
Thanked 109 Times in 44 Posts
L O L it's a little too late now for all this isn't it?
JaPoola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #273
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Do you know what my opinion is on this topic?

I know you SO love to comb the threads and multi-quote everyone to pick, choose, and re-word their argument to validate yours.

I'll help you out here though and save you the search. My comment was in SUPPORT of having a sign where all could understand to avoid segregating a portion of the population. I also brought up the concern for safety and emergency response people being able to find the business in a reasonable time.

I also sarcastically said that I enjoyed where this thread was going because I could tell it was heading down this road (which, I should really thank you for confirming my prediction).

I don't think has anything to do with Canadian Culture....or Chinese Culture...I think people are making it racist because it is the easiest argument to make as it makes everyone shut the fuck up.

But, I guess we don't have to worry about you....because you have "white" and "brown", etc. friends. I didn't realize you can play that as your immunity card. That shit is brilliant.
when did i reword anything?

yeah i know what your stance is on this topic, it's anti Chinese signs. that's obvious from the beginning, and that's all i need to know, to know that you're not on my side.

and you're not a middle man either cuz you care. all the middlemen that don't care one way or another, they don't matter, cuz they don't care. but you do care, and you happen to be on the opposite spectrum.


You don't understand my view. my view is purely opportunistic and business. it's not about race or anything.
it's about how it fucking is. it's about why everyone wishes they had money and go out everyday breaking their backs trying to make a buck.

that buck, is POWER. POWER to do what you please. everyone knows that.

i disagree with you. they are private businesses. segregation or not, that doesn't fucking matter. i don't care if it's segregated.

i don't go to surrey and start yelling at brown people cuz i don't like the signs they put up on their stores.

if i lived in surrey, i would totally embrace brown culture. because i would be surrounded by them. regardless of who i am, or what i have done, i must respect the fact that i live in their COMMUNITY.

we live in these micro communities all over the place. these communities change over the course of time. if you can't respect that, or understand that, then.. well. you're retarded.


cultural segregation is just a stupid excuse for this all Chinese sign argument.

u REALLY think if they put ENGLISH in their fucking signs it will end segregation? you REALLY think white folk will suddenly go into these stores and spend their hard earned cash at these places?
GIVE ME A BREAK.

people use the segregation argument either cuz it's the only non racist thing they can think of, or because they're too stupid to realise that's not even the issue.

segregation is going to happen no matter what. it's not because they're racist. it's because they're lazy fucks that don't wanna learn english, or too old to learn or care.

the same reason you guys are lazy fucks and don't wanna learn chinese. it's the EXACT SAME FUCKING REASON.

and us being in canada and all, meaning no one was "here first". no one gets to say what's right and what's wrong.

so... what do you have to say now?



I'm on a totally different level than you are.

should i be so politically correct and use the words negroid, mongloid and caucasoid? please, i'm talking about global power struggles that date back to the beginning of life.

you're still squabbling about something so insignificant like the terms white brown and yellow. those don't even matter, they're not even racist words.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-21-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #274
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,677 Times in 808 Posts
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #275
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,361
Thanked 5,348 Times in 1,408 Posts
that's what i imagine some hillbilly driving his truck down no3 road looks like.

"UGHHHH me so angry, i remember the days when no 9 restaurant served white food! durrrrr"



one more thing skinnypupp. of all people i would expect you to understand this.

you're a white guy, living in asia, moving where you please, doing what you please. and because why? because you have the money to do so.

of all the nay sayers, you should understand the importance of money, and the power it holds.

of ALL people, you are the one that should be thanking my post. you are a living example. you got the money, so you can fuck off to another country as you please, and live your life, the way you want it, THERE.
BECAUSE YOU FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE MONEY AND GET THE POWER TO DO IT.

they are doing the same. everyone wants to do the same. the ppl bitching about it, are the ones that can't do anything about it. you should know that.


i also remember you stating that after all these years living there, that maybe you should put in the effort to learn the language. in a joking manner of course.
but of course, you don't. because you don't need to. you're comfortable with how you operate.

much like the chinese people here. don't be a hypocrite man. if anything, you're in the same group and mentality.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net