REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #251
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardude3 View Post
Everyone, I am not posting this forum for personal attacks to either me or limitless. It was not my intention to start a fight over this issue. Limitless and I have are settling this matter personally so I would appreciate it if attacks on both sides would stop.

Thank you
You say that now but you made this thread unknowingly attacking limitless.

Next time diy your own car or take it to a shop.

Don't be some cheap
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #252
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Edit: and I told you to let me know the next time you're at the sushi place over here, and I'd buy you unagi
No thanks, I already know the secret art of unagi.
Spoiler!

Instead, how 'bout...
Spoiler!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 06-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #253
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Spoiler!

Spoilered for the kind of long post, but yes I agree... I took on the underestimated the job and all of the things that came with it and should not have taken it in the first place :/ Didn't want to back out after we all spent so much time talking about it and other stuff, but I should have regardless. Lesson definitely learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
regardless of what happened, its not us; the community to say whats right or wrong.
its up to the customer and dealer to sort it out. our opinion is nothing greater than 0.
to OP, you're an idiot for paying the amount you did, and the way you scheduled the payment. i hope this lesson taught you well.
Well it seems to me like the whole point of the thread was to make the thing public and to get a public opinion on the situation :| There's nothing that me and the op can really solve at this point, I am communicating with him through text, and have always been open to communication there. Sorry if I keep repeating myself throughout my last few posts but I still feel like there is a bit of misunderstanding

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Old 06-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #254
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
BTW. Spotted you at highgate last night around 8:15pm parked on Salisbury!
if u saw me driving above the speed limit, its cz i held my piss for 1.5hrs on knight bridge.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #255
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Spoilered for the kind of long post, but yes I agree... I took on the underestimated the job and all of the things that came with it and should not have taken it in the first place :/ Didn't want to back out after we all spent so much time talking about it and other stuff, but I should have regardless. Lesson definitely learned
That's the other problem when you offer to do a backyard job like this: you spend hours talking with the guy online, he likes what he sees of what you've done to your own setup, he asks/begs/convinces you to come do some work on his ride... you accept... now you're there looking at it and realizing before you even start that you just might be in over your head...

So what do you do? Go ahead and try to do the best you can anyway? Or back out and look like an idiot... or worse, leave the guy hanging and look like a douche? I mean, something cosmetic like this is one thing, but what if it's something like, "I need my brakes fixed before a weekend trip, I could have gone to the shop and paid hundreds, but this jerk I know online said he'd do it for a case of beer, but then he got there Friday and said the job was too much for him, and now the shops can't fit me in and I'm screwed"?

It's just so fuckin' easy to sit back behind your keyboard and say shit like, "Well he shouldn't have done it if he knew he couldn't finish the job", but when you're the guy standing there with things half taken apart by the time you realize it really is beyond you, things look a whole lot different.

All the aside, I've been on both sides of the equation enough to cut both guys some slack. Lessons learned, move along, nothing more to see here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #256
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I did nabs brakes and tires before his roadtrip...

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #257
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

this thread is awesome.

I agree OP is stupid but I also agree that limitless is kind of a ass cause if someone clueless about cars came to me asking for help I would like to think I would offer honest advice considering we have all been noobs about cars instead of trying to make some coin on shit I know doesnt cost that much. Now if OP was being a dick from the start I could understand the charge but come on $800 for blackout housing, hids and leds LOL

Can't blame Limitless tho cash rules all and there a sucka born every minute
Old 06-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #258

Thanked 9,823 Times in 3,904 Posts
haven't read all the responses but I feel there's too much blame on Limitless

he claims he's been helpful in responding to the guy's texts/messages on tips not even relating to the services rendered

Add that to the fact OP is not even his buddy. Not many are willing to waste the time and effort to help out a stranger if they are just covering the cost of material then compensating with beer

most importantly, regardless of the amount charged, the OP agreed with the price and he seemed to be willing to back up his work.

Last edited by twitchyzero; 06-20-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #259
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Guys, something I need to clarify about:
About headlight condensation after reseal. Limitless and the X dude both worked on the headlight for like 2 days straight for alcohol issues. However, base from my knowledge, X was the main guy sealing the headlight, and X's sealing on the headlight(that i opened 1/3 of lens without baking it), was not good.
Overall, limitless was not the main cause for headlight condensation after the second re-seal. However, I am 100% sure that it did condensate..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #260
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Quote:
About headlight condensation after reseal. Limitless and the X dude both worked on the headlight for like 2 days straight for alcohol issues. However, base from my knowledge, X was the main guy sealing the headlight, and X's sealing on the headlight(that i opened 1/3 of lens without baking it), was not good.
Overall, limitless was not the main cause for headlight condensation after the second re-seal. However, I am 100% sure that it did condensate..
...and it will CONTINUE to have condensation...there is no stopping it now.

when you 'resealed' it yourself, did you use clamps? do you have clamps? you may borrow my clamps.

example:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
this thread is awesome.

I agree OP is stupid but I also agree that limitless is kind of a ass cause if someone clueless about cars came to me asking for help I would like to think I would offer honest advice considering we have all been noobs about cars instead of trying to make some coin on shit I know doesnt cost that much. Now if OP was being a dick from the start I could understand the charge but come on $800 for blackout housing, hids and leds LOL

Can't blame Limitless tho cash rules all and there a sucka born every minute
I don't know what made you think that, but I still personally think that I was pretty honest. I honestly helped him out with everything, and that is how much I believe that I should have charged for the hours of work I had to spend on the thing in total, which took a few days. It's easy to make judgement on something like this without actually taking time to think about the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
haven't read all the responses but I feel there's too much blame on Limitless

he claims he's been helpful in responding to the guy's texts/messages on tips not even relating to the services rendered

Add that to the fact OP is not even his buddy. Not many are willing to waste the time and effort to help out a stranger if they are just covering the cost of material then compensating with beer

most importantly, regardless of the amount charged, the OP agreed with the price and he seemed to be willing to back up his work.
Yes I have spent more time helping him with his questions on unrelated stuff more than I have actually spent working on the car with Eric. And we've spent well over 12 hours in total on just working on the car alone

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #262
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
I'll chime in, I feel this bandwagoning effect on RS is running quite high.

OP didn't do research about how it would've been cheaper to go elsewhere. He should've, but he didnt. Limitless charged quite a big amount of money but thats irrelevant almost because he still paid for a service and expected a job that was at least satisfactory. If OP is comfortable with shelling out his hard earned cash then I'm sure he expects what is asked.

Some of you guys are ragging on OP for paying too much when clearly the issue is that the job was simply unsatisfactory. Limitless admitted he messed up some things and solved the issues which is by all means good.

The part that also confuses me is where Limitless says that he blocked OP at one time for being annoying but later states that communication is not an issue. The customer here is merely concerned with what is going on and he had troubles with communicating with the modders. I mean if this was a shop that blocked and screened calls because the customer was "annoying" , we as RSers would be walking down the street pitchforks in hand if that were to happen.

Some of you guys are calling OP an idiot for paying too much. Really? If hes got the money to throw around he can do whatever he wants. Why he paid so much for a service is simply irrelevant. I'd understand if he got the job done for free or paid pennies on the dollar but this is the opposite, he paid an extreme amount of money AND got subpar service.

If OP was someone more well known on this forum, I know for sure this entire thread would be a complete turn around.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #263

Quote:
I was notified of this today, you never told me about the condensation after we redid the headlight. Yes we worked on the headlight after the alcohol for so long because we had to take it apart, strip off all the bad paint then prep it and repaint it and reseal it.

And yes every time we used new sealant obviously. You need to stop posting stuff you don't know about, I know it's not on purpose. You could not have been able to open 1/3 of the lens without baking it, there is no way. We baked it and used a heatgun and we had trouble actually taking it apart. Just because you can wriggle the headlight lens a little bit by prying with a screw driver does not mean it is loose or unsealed. If it was then it would condensate instantly. But no both of us have worked on redoing the headlight, he was not the main cause of condensation, we both are to blame, but I was never told of it nor sent pictures. The pictures you posted were the first time, which we have already fixed for you a very long time ago.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #264
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
...and it will CONTINUE to have condensation...there is no stopping it now.

when you 'resealed' it yourself, did you use clamps? do you have clamps? you may borrow my clamps.
Spoiler!
Now that's how it should be done. I'd trust Acura604 to private mod my headlights any day.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #265
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLee View Post
I'll chime in, I feel this bandwagoning effect on RS is running quite high.

OP didn't do research about how it would've been cheaper to go elsewhere. He should've, but he didnt. Limitless charged quite a big amount of money but thats irrelevant almost because he still paid for a service and expected a job that was at least satisfactory. If OP is comfortable with shelling out his hard earned cash then I'm sure he expects what is asked.

Some of you guys are ragging on OP for paying too much when clearly the issue is that the job was simply unsatisfactory. Limitless admitted he messed up some things and solved the issues which is by all means good.

The part that also confuses me is where Limitless says that he blocked OP at one time for being annoying but later states that communication is not an issue. The customer here is merely concerned with what is going on and he had troubles with communicating with the modders. I mean if this was a shop that blocked and screened calls because the customer was "annoying" , we as RSers would be walking down the street pitchforks in hand if that were to happen.

Some of you guys are calling OP an idiot for paying too much. Really? If hes got the money to throw around he can do whatever he wants. Why he paid so much for a service is simply irrelevant. I'd understand if he got the job done for free or paid pennies on the dollar but this is the opposite, he paid an extreme amount of money AND got subpar service.

If OP was someone more well known on this forum, I know for sure this entire thread would be a complete turn around.
Exactly how I feel about this.

Main thing that Limitless did wrong was BLOCKING OP and deleting him off FB <- that itself marked Limitless as a scammer in my head as well.
I'd probably go ape shit like OP if communication just broke like that..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #266

Quote:

Sorry, I'll clarify a bit more. Communication has never been a problem, while the work was being done over the last few months I talked to the guy almost every day about his questions. During the work he was either lingering around the garage on his own will, or texting one of us. It was only until yesterday right before he made the thread that I blocked him on facebook because of his constant bad attitude. I did not block him to block communication, it was just out of anger and I didn't want it on facebook anymore. Possibly 25% of our overall communication was done through facebook, most was done through phone. I answered all of his calls and texts and I still have up to this day. When he made this thread, nothing has been left unsolved except for the AC issue which he hasn't talked to me much about because we both know I know nothing about it.

I wish the OP was well known on the forum, I really do. There is a reason I haven't called him out through his real full name like he had for me. I highly doubt that he would want all this attention on him out in real life like the attention I will be getting at meets or whenever I see any revsceners, which I bump into quite often

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Last edited by Limitless; 06-20-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #267
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
What alcohol issue? You mean they have a drinking problem?

If you want to remove water on element use coat everything with acetone, like how they teach you at Chem12.

If you are resealing you should remove all traces of previous seallants, before you reapply. Besides using clamps, you should can also keep the headlight in a lower temperature in the oven and let off heat gently.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #268

Lool no, alochol rub was poured into the headlight and it had a bad reaction with the paint in the headlight.

Yes we have done that, clamps were used as well and we heated it while clamping

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #269
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Look we're famous

Old 06-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #270
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

You guys are so fixated on the headlight sealant. I'm still waiting for a picture of the LEDs wired to the AC compressor. That shit sounds hilarious.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #271

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
I mean if this was a shop that blocked and screened calls because the customer was "annoying" , we as RSers would be walking down the street pitchforks in hand if that were to happen.
You've clearly never dealt with a TRULY annoying customer. Not saying OP is one, just saying, they do exist, and yes, businesses do block/ignore/screen them after a while, because they're just more trouble than they're worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #272
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Sorry, I'll clarify a bit more. Communication has never been a problem, while the work was being done over the last few months I talked to the guy almost every day about his questions. During the work he was either lingering around the garage on his own will, or texting one of us. It was only until yesterday right before he made the thread that I blocked him on facebook because of his constant bad attitude. I did not block him to block communication, it was just out of anger and I didn't want it on facebook anymore. Possibly 25% of our overall communication was done through facebook, most was done through phone. I answered all of his calls and texts and I still have up to this day. When he made this thread, nothing has been left unsolved except for the AC issue which he hasn't talked to me much about because we both know I know nothing about it.

I wish the OP was well known on the forum, I really do. There is a reason I haven't called him out through his real full name like he had for me. I highly doubt that he would want all this attention on him out in real life like the attention I will be getting at meets or whenever I see any revsceners, which I bump into quite often
After all this sh!t happened, your biggest concern is how it will affect your online reputation on Revscene?

Because of you and your buddies over-confidence in your skills as a "mechanic", the OP ended up with a $1700 bill at Acura. Oh wait, I forgot it wasn't your buddies fault, cause obviously a noob who knows nothing about cars just COINCIDENTALLY had some wiring issues with his vehicle shortly after the both of you tampered with it.

In all seriousness, I'm sure RS won't even remember this in a month or two once you start spending less time on here and more time communicating with OP to get the remaining issues resolved.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #273
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I like how the OP and limitless have both already resolved the issue and people are still raging about it.. I think this topic should be let go lol but I will probably just get failed for saying this
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TLer View Post
After all this sh!t happened, your biggest concern is how it will affect your online reputation on Revscene?

Because of you and your buddies over-confidence in your skills as a "mechanic", the OP ended up with a $1700 bill at Acura. Oh wait, I forgot it wasn't your buddies fault, cause obviously a noob who knows nothing about cars just COINCIDENTALLY had some wiring issues with his vehicle shortly after the both of you tampered with it.

In all seriousness, I'm sure RS won't even remember this in a month or two once you start spending less time on here and more time communicating with OP to get the remaining issues resolved.
I didn't mess with the wiring at all, Eric says he didn't even tap into anything that is connected to the AC.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but communication is fucking open between me and OP and always has been. There are no fucking remaining issues between me or the OP, both me and OP knows that nothing can be done now and we've agreed on it. Everything was already resolved prior, it's just the AC thing... and a few clips. Revscene isn't just online reputation, it's most of the car enthusiast community locally and I bet you wouldn't like it either if every single time you went to a car related event that someone goes up to you and says something along the lines up "Hey aren't you the guy who scammed the TL" or some shit, even though it's not what really happened.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #275
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
I didn't mess with the wiring at all, Eric says he didn't even tap into anything that is connected to the AC.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but communication is fucking open between me and OP and always has been. There are no fucking remaining issues between me or the OP, both me and OP knows that nothing can be done now and we've agreed on it. Everything was already resolved prior, it's just the AC thing... and a few clips. Revscene isn't just online reputation, it's most of the car enthusiast community locally and I bet you wouldn't like it either if every single time you went to a car related event that someone goes up to you and says something along the lines up "Hey aren't you the guy who scammed the TL" or some shit, even though it's not what really happened.
Except for when you blocked him? Not ragging on you or anything but make sure what you say is consistent so we don't doubt you.
Closed Thread