REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #201
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Pruning done. Keep things on topic, I'd hate to give points.
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #202
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
i still stand by my first post in this thread, him actually expecting quality work from a stranger.

after reading it all, op's a dumbass for letting this happen to him.

personally, yeah, i think limitless may have taken him for a bit of a ride, but not as much as op's playing it up to be. op went to him knowing hes not a pro, hes just a guy who works on his car in his garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
you charged him for your labour thats what, which apparently you think is worth some dollars

if you had good intentions you'd help him for a 12 pack or something, or straight up reject since you know you wont stand by your work
if a plumber goes to your house and spends 6 hours looking for the problem and only spends 20 minutes fixing the problem, should he only charge for the 20 minutes of work? limitless and his friend put their time into this whether they did a good job or not.

if im an art student and some rich person gives me 10,000$ to make them a painting knowing that im no Picasso, and i take 10 cans of paint and just splash them against the canvas. should i get the 10k? or get 10cents?

all in all, they agreed on a price, op knew the risks and he took them(this isn't a restaurant, you don't eat the entire steak then complain that it was over cooked and refuse to pay for it), limitless did the best he could, put his time and effort in it and it didn't meet the standards of the op. tuff titties
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #203
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ Be careful, i just said the exact same thing and my post was "pruned"
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #204
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,158 Times in 7,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
(this isn't a restaurant, you don't eat the entire steak then complain that it was over cooked and refuse to pay for it)
Ummm thats pretty much all people do. Worst analogy ever haha.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #205
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Ummm thats pretty much all people do. Worst analogy ever haha.
no, only scum bags do that. theres a reason the waitress comes to check on you after 3-5 minutes of serving you your food. if you have a complaint, you tell her then. you don't say its good, then get the bill and say "fuck this, im not paying 30$ for a steak that sucked..even though i told the waitress that it was good.".
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #206
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I'm still trying to contemplate LED power/ground wired to AC compressor...

Quote:
no, only scum bags do that. theres a reason the waitress comes to check on you after 3-5 minutes of serving you your food. if you have a complaint, you tell her then. you don't say its good, then get the bill and say "fuck this, im not paying 30$ for a steak that sucked..even though i told the waitress that it was good.".

I think a better example would be ordering a steak that tasted great, but having food poisoning afterwards...
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #207
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
i still stand by my first post in this thread, him actually expecting quality work from a stranger.

after reading it all, op's a dumbass for letting this happen to him.

personally, yeah, i think limitless may have taken him for a bit of a ride, but not as much as op's playing it up to be. op went to him knowing hes not a pro, hes just a guy who works on his car in his garage.

if a plumber goes to your house and spends 6 hours looking for the problem and only spends 20 minutes fixing the problem, should he only charge for the 20 minutes of work? limitless and his friend put their time into this whether they did a good job or not.

if im an art student and some rich person gives me 10,000$ to make them a painting knowing that im no Picasso, and i take 10 cans of paint and just splash them against the canvas. should i get the 10k? or get 10cents?

all in all, they agreed on a price, op knew the risks and he took them(this isn't a restaurant, you don't eat the entire steak then complain that it was over cooked and refuse to pay for it), limitless did the best he could, put his time and effort in it and it didn't meet the standards of the op. tuff titties
I did not take him for a bit of a ride, I was actually very honest with him but I can only do so much to change other people's opinions on that. Reading your post makes me believe that you actually read through the thread a bit rather than some people merely reading a few posts here and there and then going for the throat... Thank you for taking the time to do that and posting a well thought out opinion.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Old 06-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #208
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,158 Times in 7,153 Posts
Quote:
I have a slight idea about how things work in restaurants. 90% of shit that ever gets sent back is mostly eaten and someone wants a deal. Unrelated to this thread though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 06-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #209
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
when in doubt...learn from Acura 604

trade your car in for another Acura...rinse and repeat x30
Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #210
private modder

Thanked 2,650 Times in 740 Posts
Great thread. Would read again. A++++++++
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #211
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
The real question to this whole thread:

Is anyone down with OPP?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #212
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
5 star thread right here

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #213
I'm being watched.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #214
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Oh god best thread I've read in awhile
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #215
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
cliffs on last 9 pages ?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 AM   #216
I don't get it

I rarely post, but this thread delivers sorry OP but never trust a backyard "modder" unless he ya friend and he can afford to mess up a bit.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #217
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
limitless, the thing you did wrong is more of an ethical and communication reasoning

1.) you overcharged for work whether or not you were willing to provide a satisfactory work evaluated by OP. OP has no fuckng clue about modding, yet you charged him 8 bills (black housing + switchbacks, hids and w.e) really? 8 bills? i got my blackhousing painted for 100 and g spec used to do it for 150...

2.) MISCOMMUNICATION; im not tryna pick a side, but it sounds like you got annoyed of OP and tried to sever ties... this lead to this thread, and ur friend eric FOR SURE abandon ship

What could you and OP have done to avoid this?
SIMPLE AS FUARKKK, communicate u motherfuckas, have proof of the work, if you feel uneasy of the project, explain to OP and try to get out of it.. my guy does all my modding and keep track of the progress by taking photos + telling me the risk and whether or not he would do it...

and for OP, educate urself with your dam car, acurazine is full of DIYS and people explaining shit, theres even an acurazine facebook page ffs, and dont compare work from a proffessional in another COUNTRY to one that is LOCAL, price differs and same as steps.. take pics of ur car before it, communicate ur issues clearly and find a reputable person

sorry for rant, stoned as fk and choked my movie stream died
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #218
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

it's not true about not trusting indie modders. A couple of my friends did side jobs on the weekend from their backyard and they do great work. 1 guy is a mechanic at BMW and the other a bodyman from a reputable bodyshop. They actually do better work in the backyard than at their workplace because often times their seniors at work would tell them to cut corners to a certain point to speed up the repair.

It is true however that if you do decide to go to an backyard shop, base it on their reputation and not off craigslist or the price. If the backyard mechanic is charging $30 an hour for labor, then you should stay the heck away. My buddies were charging $20 less than what a regular shop would charge.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 AM   #219
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlo View Post
limitless, the thing you did wrong is more of an ethical and communication reasoning

1.) you overcharged for work whether or not you were willing to provide a satisfactory work evaluated by OP. OP has no fuckng clue about modding, yet you charged him 8 bills (black housing + switchbacks, hids and w.e) really? 8 bills? i got my blackhousing painted for 100 and g spec used to do it for 150...
He asked me a price and I gave him one, I wasn't really asking for business it was just how much I would charge if I were to do it. It took me a while to remove everything, bake open the headlight, strip the chrome off of the housing, paint it, put everything back together without knicking the paint when it's not really cured yet (didn't have enough time to let it cure :S), figure out how the leds were to be mounted on the shroud and wires and all etcetc.. Figuring out how to take apart the bumper and everything else because it's impossible to find 4g TL DIY's... I don't know just little bits and pieces. When I looked at the overall price it does seem high, but after considering the details I wasn't interested in spending so much time for less money so I simply stated the price. He said he would think about it at first and I didn't push him at all, even helped him out with random crap in the meanwhile.

Quote:
2.) MISCOMMUNICATION; im not tryna pick a side, but it sounds like you got annoyed of OP and tried to sever ties... this lead to this thread, and ur friend eric FOR SURE abandon ship
Yes I was annoyed at the attitude I was given and how he was calling me out on things that make no sense. I would explain to him and he would be okay with it afterwards. I did block him on facebook, but this is AFTER everything was resolved... Minus the 4 clips that costs a few cents because I guess he just forgot to mention that to me. This is also a while after the work has been done and no problems arose. Yes I blocked him on facebook but he was still able to call or text me, and most of our conversations happened through text or calls anyways. I just blocked him on facebook because of the attitude I was given on that conversation where I snapped and just didnt' want to see it anymore. Had he texted or called I still would have replied, and I have every single one before and after that.
The AC thing happened and Eric dealt with him for a long time, he did not just ditch the second it happened.

Quote:
What could you and OP have done to avoid this?
SIMPLE AS FUARKKK, communicate u motherfuckas, have proof of the work, if you feel uneasy of the project, explain to OP and try to get out of it.. my guy does all my modding and keep track of the progress by taking photos + telling me the risk and whether or not he would do it...
Lesson learned on this part. The end product turned out okay minus some mistakes on my end which ended up in having us redo the headlight. The only other things are just from the condition of the car that we received it in, which is hard to argue... And the AC which happened a few weeks later and was linked to LEDs somehow. I still don't think there was much risk in taking this project even after all of this. Most of it was from the headlights anyways, you can't really screw up a HID PnP install and switchbacks. :| Condensation was fixed, leds were fixed... end result was good but I guess it really did take too long to get there.

Almost forgot to say thanks for the opinion and post as well. Hoping everyone involved can learn something from this... definitely myself included

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 AM   #220
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Thread of the year right here. it's also dead smack in the middle of the year too.
good timing
Old 06-20-2013, 05:05 AM   #221
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Pruning done. Keep things on topic, I'd hate to give points.
PRUNING?!!! Aw man I knew I should have read this earlier and not kept it for later
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #222
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

The price should not be a factor here. Pricing is ALWAYS buyer beware. Its not like he did the work then demanded more money, the price was established before the car was dropped off.

I've often quoted people high for jobs because I didn't really want to do them, or because I thought the guy would end up being a pain in the ass down the road, and had the customer still agree to do the job. That is NOT dishonest. As long as everything is up front.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #223
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
An epic thread with no winners
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #224
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
it's definitely overpriced but again it shouldn't matter nor does it make him a scammer. if I posted a 1996 Honda civic for 46, 000, told them it's just a normal civic you can get anywhere but they still chose to buy it off me, is it my fault for their ignorance? now if I threw them a sales pitch and promised it was something more than what it is, then I would be misleading them which falls into the scammer territory.

-op is stupid for agreeing to have "a guy I know" work on his car
-are they professionals?
-why didn't you take it to a professional?
-do you honestly think you're doing a public service* announcement? sorry most people aren't that stupid, those who are need that kick in the ass to learn

-2 guys who did the job are stupid for accepting the money
-you're not professionals
-even professionals have to deal with shitty customers or their own errors
-next time just pass unless that 800$ was worth it for you
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by duy-; 06-20-2013 at 08:03 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #225
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
At first I was being nice and just helped him with whatever, didn't expect anything.
I hope you've learned your lesson now: NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Closed Thread