REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #51
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Advertisement

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #52
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

sry guy, im redoing the headlight already cuz i need the car tomorrow. Ill see if the bumper is still shietty looking after i try fixing it...
Old 06-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #53
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
well if you don't have pics of the damage it turns into a terrible game of your word versus theirs...

do dealerships take pics before fixing the damage?

take pics of the headlights if you're doing it yourself

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #54

Also, Benny was not the main cause of my problems. He was actually more responsible than Eric, but still screwed up bits on the car. I wouldnt be posting this if i didnt pay the $2000, when Eric just vanished.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #55

Again guys, I am not here to argue. You do not have to believe me, but I just want to tell those people that were foolish like me when i first got my car, DO NOT TRUST PRIVATE MODDING PEOPLE
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Take some pictures and post it up in this thread. This would help as us modders could aid you in resolving the issues present.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
Old 06-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

While I would never craigslist any services for my car, I think the better advice is do your research before you get someone to work on your car regardless of private, store or your buddy.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #58
Female Driven

OP gets someone else to mod his car. OP then fixes and repairs the mistakes on the car himself.
Makes sense...
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #59
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

^ this.

thought the same thing myself.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Ok, i'm losing you now. At first, both the car modders were unhelpful to you and that they BOTH caused you grief. Now, assuming that you now know/believe that Benny is someone that frequents RevScene, he is the more responsible and the one that was actually helpful, but Eric was the sole perpetrator of your 2k problem. Now, i'm not saying I do not believe you because, lets be honest, a random person installing parts in their backyard could have plenty of problems if they don't have the proper tools. To up the credibility, and to sway others opinions on this issue, a picture wouldn't be too much to ask since you can take a picture on your phone and upload it to revscene on your phone.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION

Last edited by Graeme S; 06-20-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Family names redacted
Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #61
Need my Daily Fix of RS

This reminds me of a fellow I know who installed a car stereo system for his friend. He decided to ground the amp power cable to the ABS module. Fries the ABS module and the owner drives with no ABS, loses control one day and wrapped the car around a hydro pole. Lots of guys and girls on this forum that are willing to help.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #62
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
Lol I really don't get the logic behind finding some stranger to DIY your car, when you can go to a couple RS meets and talk to some people to get some knowledge. Then maybe meet some buddies from those meets and pay them instead and at least have an idea about the capabilities of the people working on your car. I would probably even help the people working on my car on top of paying them which is even better.
lol you funny, one of the guys mentioned is on RS btw, so no, being a RS member =/= car guru

you found a bunch of joe shmo's to do the job and they fucked up, you 100% at fault so suck it up
Old 06-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #63

1) I have to fix it myself cuz no one else would help me to fix it. (without costing money) So i might not even be doing it correctly.
2) Im just gonna delete names because I dont want to argue something that has already been done... I mean, even if we argue, what can they do about it? Pay me $2000? lol ya right.
3) As for picture, ill try upload some by tonight.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #64
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
now we wait....

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #65
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Post pictures?
Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #66
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
So is it the same Benny as the one on RS?
Drives a black 370Z?
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Graeme S; 06-20-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Name edit
Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #67
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
It's been a long time since I've learned about basic electronics but I'm not quite sure how an LED being tapped into a line could force the AC compressor to always stay on...
Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #68
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
Lol I really don't get the logic behind finding some stranger to DIY your car, when you can go to a couple RS meets and talk to some people to get some knowledge. Then maybe meet some buddies from those meets and pay them instead and at least have an idea about the capabilities of the people working on your car. I would probably even help the people working on my car on top of paying them which is even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
lol you funny, one of the guys mentioned is on RS btw, so no, being a RS member =/= car guru

you found a bunch of joe shmo's to do the job and they fucked up, you 100% at fault so suck it up
No, of course, being a member on here doesn't mean shit. Even if people have nice work done to their cars, doesn't mean they are capable of replicating the same quality of work on someone else's. The OP is a terrible judge of the guy's abilities and probably didn't do his research. That's why it's better to take your car to a shop or someone you know you can trust.

At this point, as entertaining as this is, it's still a random guy, posting about a member that afaik, is in good standing in the community. Until proof of the workmanship and proof that it was even done by that member is proven, I'll hold out judgment.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #69
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
It's been a long time since I've learned about basic electronics but I'm not quite sure how an LED being tapped into a line could force the AC compressor to always stay on...
If the LED are activated when the ignition is on and the ground wire from the LED is tapped into the AC compressor clutch activation wire, that forces the compressor to run on a 100% duty cycle. Either directly to the AC clutch or the relay.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #70
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Pictures would help, preferably before you do anything too.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #71

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Lol really?

First off let me clarify; the car was bought used. I'm assuming that it was not you, but the previous owner or someone had previously taken off the front bumper (and who knows what else) and it was not put back on completely the way it came OEM. For those of you reading, I'm sure you have an idea of what I'm talking about. It looks like it's on completely fine from the outside, but in reality it was missing a few bolts from the bottom (or clips, etcetc). Tabs were also cracked, but the bumper was still held on fine. I'm assuming that you have never taken off a car bumper in your life, so I'm not surprised that you don't know about it until you actually try to take it off yourself which was recent, and after our work. There's no way for me to be able to prove it, but it's all I can really say. We put the bumper back on the best we could, and it looked exactly the same as when you gave us the car. Didn't look off.

Quote:
1) I paid total of $1100 for headlight black housing, clear lense swap, led shiet, switchback, and HID foglight. They said thats cheap, I do not know and do not want to judge.
You did not pay $1100. I like how you ended up marking up the price for everything, but okay. Price was about $800 or so, I did not say it was cheap. We simply gave you a price for the work which we figured was fair for the about of labor involved, and we did not pressure you into anything. I know the price is high, which is why I told you from the start it's completely up to you.
This was for HID fogs, switchback leds for the turn signal + resistor, taking apart the headlight housing and painting it matte black with masking off some parts, swapping the projector lens for a STI-R clear lens, and wiring up a white LED devil eye on the shrouds. The price was for all of those parts listed, along with install and wiring. At the end you kept arguing that we overcharged when you could have gotten it done for $150 in the states? Then you should have done that... No one pressured you to do anything, you agreed on the price. No matter how many times I tell you, you don't seem to understand that yes it is $150 for headlight painting, but that includes you having to take it off by yourself which you were unable to. Also includes you having to go out and mail it and have a few weeks of downtime for your car while they do the work and ship it back. And lots of little bits and pieces. You could have done that yes, then why did you not? I would have been helping you either way even if you did not go through us and you know this.

2) Again I'm not very familiar with wiring... I did not do that part, but exactly why does wiring LEDs to turn on/off with your lowbeams have to do with your AC? You told Eric that you went into the dealership saying that you did aftermarket headlight wiring that may have been the cause of the AC problem, and then you expected warranty to cover it? All while I was never even told of this. I still personally think that you got scammed at the dealership... They also said that it was covered under warranty until after they fixed it and then they attempt to charge you $1700..? From what I hear? I do not know what's going on here, but Eric says that it had nothing to do with it and it's ridiculous that they even try to link it up like that. I think it's ridiculous as well but my word is as good as yours because I do not do wiring.

3) Bumper clips were not badly deformed... they were just cracked but they still held on. This is how we found it and I did tell you after we took it apart that the bumper was kinda funky. You acknowledged that too before we finished the job, so I did not think that was a problem... You self invited yourself to stay while we were working on it even though I told you many times I would prefer you not to (who wants people to stare them down when they work on a car...). I did let you after you wouldn't leave though, and you saw me push the bumper back in. That was not force at all are you kidding me? I'm 100x rougher with my fiberglass bumper. What you call 'force' is a small tap on the front of the bumper to get the clips to clip in, with my gloved hand. And it was in position when it was tapped too so it just clipped in.

Quote:
4) a HID foglight blew within 1 month and they claimed that it was good quality before they bought it too.
You never asked about quality. I ordered an HID kit for you yes, and the bulb blew after 3 months. Not 1 month. The amount of times you flicked it on and off could have been one of the reasons, but I agree that it should have lasted longer. I also worked with you and said that I could get you a set of replacement bulbs for cheaper. You paid about $80 for the HID kit. Replacement bulbs were much much cheaper, and I worked with you on this and even said I would replace it for free.

Quote:
5) headlight screws(even the inside one after i baked it open) are all gone (but they claim that since its an used second, probably the previous owner did something) I wont judge, but ill let you guys judge. and NO they did not tell me there was missing screws during anytime of the progress.
What...? You said there were 5 screws inside the headlight? I don't know if anyone else here has done a 4g TL headlight, but there are only 3 screws holding the headlight together. 2 in the corner and 1 off center. There is nothing else holding the interior components together (housing, amber corner, etcetc) except for clips. I really have no idea what you are talking about when you say there is more than 5 screws.

Quote:
6) the guy that did the wiring not only "vanished" without taking responsibility of the $2000 he caused, he took my wiring diagram($75), and never replied me after I told him the wiring problem.
I can't speak much on his behalf, but he has worked with you for a long time about this problem while you were constantly accusing him of something that he did not do. You gave him your wiring diagram to figure things out, he did not take it.

Quote:
7) They did my headlight (open, reseal) 3 times and still condensation on both headlight.
We did your headlight twice. First time turned out fine, but then alcohol rub was poured inside to clean the lens a bit and it messed up the paint (VERY stupid mistake on our part, we know). I'm very sorry for this and I'm sure you know that too... We took it back and took it back apart and redid everything. I'm sure that neither parties wanted this to happen :/ But it was our fault. I don't know what else I can say about this. Last time I saw it, it was not condensated and I did not hear from you about this about the second time we did it

Quote:
8) I had to give them the whole car when they were doing the headlight (which i understand is a must), but they promised me 2-3 days max, but I got my car back after 1 week...
It was never here for a week for the headlights, it was only here for a few days. It was a few hours late, I apologize for that. When it was here for a week though, that was for your grill painting NOT for your headlight and you know this. The grill wasn't sent off to a bodyshop to paint and I just stored your car at my house. I told you this wait time as well. I'm assuming you know this and that you mixed things up? If not, please clarify.

Quote:
9) his last comment before he blocked me: "You paid work we did and not on other shit like teaching me how to plastidip, answering question not related,etc." Well I paid for plastidip too, but it went bad in like 1 week after. Questions I asked are mostly related to the screws up they did on the headlight like (why isnt the hid foglight bulb turning on? There is condensation again, can you guys fix it? which wire did you use for LED lights because it screwed up my Aircon, etc.)
I blocked you half an hour before you posted this. You asked me questions about everything practically. How to take apart the bumper, how to bake a headlight, how to take apart the grill, something about exhausts, etcetc. It was not until you said that you paid us for the work so we should respect that, that I said you paid us for the work yes but not to help you with taking your entire car apart. I have already taught you how to take off the bumper, headlights, grill, etcetc which no you did not pay me for but I did not have a problem with helping you out a bit. A bit though, you came to me with every single question and expected an answer. I tried my best to answer everything, but it is very annoying and I have other things to do. I still answered 99% of your questions though, and got you quotes from shops that you had no intention on even buying from apparently.

There is much much more but I really don't want to bother. Imagine a person that knows nothing about cars and pays you for work for just the headlights, fogs, etcetc. Simple stuff right... And then comes to you with every single question he has and expects you to teach him how to do everything step by step. I have helped you the best I could. There are many things you didn't mention of course, like for one, painting for your grill.

I got you a quote from the bodyshop like you asked me. You said you would take off the grill and rear trunk trim yourself, and I even let you store your car at my house for the week that it took to paint. You did NOT take off the grill yourself, the last minute while you were over you said that it would be faster if we helped you take off the front grill while you do the rear. I wasn't there at the time, but Eric ended up doing 95% of the work of taking off the pieces, which included taking off the front AND rear bumper and putting it back on the car for storage since it was stored on my driveway. I then had to personally drive to downtown to the bodyshop to get it painted, and to pick it back up. You said you would put the grill back on as well, but you put on 3 screws out of like 13 and I didn't notice it until after we put the bumper back on that the grill was retarded. I took off the front bumper, took off the grill and put it back on the way it was supposed to be since it was misaligned as well, and put everything back on. No charge. No appreciation from you either. I did not earn a single dollar on the paint because I did it as a favor and did not expect to have to do so much work.

There are many many scenarios like this during the time we did the work for you, I don't even want to bother typing out another one.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #72

I am not going to say who anymore, but i am 100% sure the wire X used was cause of the air compressor. I had another friend whos in engineering as well, and also other certified mechanic (not friend), looked over the wiring diagrams, they said its most likely the cause
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #73
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
just post the god damn pictures already ffs
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #74

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #75
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
i meant that to cardude3. i wanna see how bad the damage is as he describes.
Closed Thread