REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #151
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Okay, let's keep the personal attacks out of this thread.

First and only warning.
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #152
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #153
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
^^^ That's a bit much. Limitless may have really wanted to help and had good intentions but got carried away with the job. I've done that before but luckily it was my own car that got messed up. I learned to be absolutely sure I can handle the job before I do anything and if not I get help.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #154
Female Driven

this is getting boring...

OP stop messing around with your car and get a reputable/professional shop to do it please. Pictures after the fact doesn't really matter now anyways since no one knows what's been done to it...you could've taken out the screws and taken the photos, who knows...jus sayin

best word of advice, no matter who's wrong there's no point in fighting and pointing fingers. Go get it fixed professionally and hope you've learned your lesson

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #155
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
You are trash. You claim to be some sort of amateur who worked with this shit every now and then and then decide to take on this huge project involving all sorts of electronics and fuckin baking headlights and LEDs and HIDs. You probably already knew you were in over your head but the thought of bilking some noob out of his hard earned cash was too easy for you. I'm sure you 69'd your FOB gay buddy Eric while using this poor noobs cash as a mattress.

Get with the fuckin program...you are stupid and didn't have a goddamn clue.

The op got ripped off completely....I think it's best you arrange to refund some of his money. Your work is trash, your responses are trash....and you are a damn loser trying to take advantage of the poor noob.
Yeah I'm a fucking amateur at this shit, I never claimed to be otherwise. Do you yourself know anything about cars at all? Before you get all hero like and shit with me to protect the apparently poor noob who got scammed why don't you try to understand what's going on. How hard is it to install a PnP HID kit? Seriously you're going to talk like that's something an amateur couldn't do? Baking headlights yeah that's a bit more tough, but I did it on my own headlight. I don't know shit about wiring, but Eric does. He also worked on headlights before and helped me on mine. I'm an amateur but this shit isn't rocket science.

You barely know jack shit about what you're talking about, I'm sure all 3 of us, Eric, myself, and the OP included know that you have the complete wrong perspective on this. Hard earned cash, us being fob and him being a noob that got scammed... What the fuck are you smoking while reading this thread

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #156
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
^^^ That's a bit much. Limitless may have really wanted to help and had good intentions but got carried away with the job. I've done that before but luckily it was my own car that got messed up. I learned to be absolutely sure I can handle the job before I do anything and if not I get help.
Yes I apologize for being a bit harsh,...but "really wanted to help / had good intentions" and $1100 cash don't mix. He had his eyes on the cash and that's it. Noob paid for essentially some level of service and they ripped him off while laughing all the way to the bank. This wasn't a 'favor'....it was a service that was paid for.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #157
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
woah acura604, that was uncalled for.. i can sense ur anger but woah hhaha thas sum real homosexual fantasies you got there...

all in all, somebuddy fucked up, took SOME responsibilities and blah blah, limitless & cardude are BOTH in the wrong, if one promises another a type of service and fail to comply, i cant see why they wouldnt complain, but if OP saved some photos and such before doing it himself, he would have some credibility... ive heard this story from the acurazine vancouver fb page with little description and quite surprised it was from another RS member but it is how it is..
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #158

Quote:
Yes I apologize for being a bit harsh,...but "really wanted to help / had good intentions" and $1100 cash don't mix. He had his eyes on the cash and that's it. Noob paid for essentially some level of service and they ripped him off while laughing all the way to the bank. This wasn't a 'favor'....it was a service that was paid for.
I understand that you don't read everything here because who the hell has time to in a thread with posts this long. I did not charge $1100 for the headlight, it was $800 for the headlight painting, hids, switchbacks, leds, all the parts and labor. The extra $350 or so came from after, where he wanted some car trims to be colormatched at a bodyshop and I just set up the deal for him. Earned NOTHING bringing his stuff to get painted. You think we ripped him off while laughing? The amount of time we spent compared to the amount of money we received, it wasn't even $5 an hour.

Sigh I can't even say it enough times. Work that was done was fine... The issue with it on his side is that his bumper tab was broken (which was broken previously) and his clips are missing, which is my fault but an easy fix. Headlight wasn't condensating after the last time we sealed it, but the air conditioning got fucked up and was somehow linked to the wiring when it shouldn't have been. Dealership owned him with the 1.7k bill and it was paid.

I don't know how to put this any other way. TL;DR?

Work done for money
-Headlight painting
-LED strip on the shroud
-HID pnp kit for the foglights
-switchback leds for the turn signals
-If you include it for the $1100, front grill and rear trunk trim was colormatched to the car at a bodyshop

AC was fucked up a few weeks after the final wiring for the headlights were done, I don't know what the hell happened with the circuits or whatever because I have no idea about that part. Supposed to have nothing to do with headlights. Dealership fucked him over with $1.7k charge.

Exactly what the fuck did I do wrong other than what I have apologized for?

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR

Last edited by Limitless; 06-19-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #159
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Lomac, lets move this to fight club, and encourage personal attacks!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
I understand that you don't read everything here because who the hell has time to in a thread with posts this long. I did not charge $1100 for the headlight, it was $800 for the headlight painting, hids, switchbacks, leds, all the parts and labor. The extra $350 or so came from after, where he wanted some car trims to be colormatched at a bodyshop and I just set up the deal for him. Earned NOTHING bringing his stuff to get painted. You think we ripped him off while laughing? The amount of time we spent compared to the amount of money we received, it wasn't even $5 an hour.
Look...I got nothing against you ok and for the record, I've baked about 100 headlights back in the day (clubRSX still has my DIY stickied after nearly 10yrs http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=183945 ) but all I wanna know is.... How can YOU appease the op here? Noob is probably crying in his basement....does that make you feel good? That you did something for someone, charged him cash and the end result is a poor unsatisfactory job.

Last edited by Acura604; 06-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #161
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Not to jump off subject or anything, but i just bought that same pressure washer that's sitting in the corner of the pic... How's the longevity of it? Kinda worried about it as it's all plastic.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #162
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts

I think the noob is just trying to "fix" his car instead of crying.

Or he could be making it worse.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #163
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

okay GUYS stop the arguing already, this was not meant to be a mean and negative post. Also, I SAID BENNY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MOST OF THE STUFF. THE OTHER GUY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MOST PART.
for benny: just the bumper alignment and few clips missing (which hes gonna gimme later so thank you)
for THE OTHER DUDE: did wiring that cost me 1.7k to repair, not done condensated headlight,
So stop blaming everything on Benny, and end here.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #164

Quote:
Look...I got nothing against you ok and for the record, I've baked about 100 headlights back in the day (clubRSX DIY sticky since 2002) but all I wanna know is.... How can YOU appease the op here? Noob is probably crying in his basement....does that make you feel good? That you did something for someone, charged him cash and the end result is a poor unsatisfactory job.
I don't know if you cared enough to notice, but my tone changed slightly on my last few replies towards the OP. I just called him and he doesn't know what I can do. I don't know what I can do, I couldn't have argued with the dealership because I don't know anything about the wiring. The headlight issue was fixed, missing screws or whatever are a misunderstanding. Missing clips okay I can replace and apologize. He's not crying in his basement as most of you may think. He has my number he's free to call or text me. I check my phone more often than facebook anyways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Not to jump off subject or anything, but i just bought that same pressure washer that's sitting in the corner of the pic... How's the longevity of it? Kinda worried about it as it's all plastic.
Lol it's good for the money for as long as I've used it. On sale for like $100 and still working after almost half a year of use? I only wash my car every few weeks and don't use it for anything else though, except for the occasional friends coming over to wash their cars with it. My boss had one in his detailing shop though and he left it outside and didn't care much for it, and it died after a year or so :S I keep mine inside and take off the hoses and stuff when storing it, not sure how much that effects it

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #165
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
You are trash. You claim to be some sort of amateur who worked with this shit every now and then and then decide to take on this huge project involving all sorts of electronics and fuckin baking headlights and LEDs and HIDs. You probably already knew you were in over your head but the thought of bilking some noob out of his hard earned cash was too easy for you. I'm sure you 69'd your FOB gay buddy Eric while using this poor noobs cash as a mattress.

Get with the fuckin program...you are stupid and didn't have a goddamn clue.

The op got ripped off completely....I think it's best you arrange to refund some of his money. Your work is trash, your responses are trash....and you are a damn loser trying to take advantage of the poor noob.
Hard to take you seriously when you're saying stuff like 69 and noob
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #166
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
69ing is serious business.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
Hard to take you seriously when you're saying stuff like 69 and noob
Posted via RS Mobile
Trying to keep a humorous spin on this ...lol.

Anyways ... As limitless stated, the op and him are working to resolve and thus it appears the initial hostilities have worn off.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #168
RS controls my life!

Spoiler!

+1
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #169
J89
RS controls my life!

Isn't limitless the same guy that got screwed over with bodywork on his lip kit?

At first I thought OP is a dumbass, and I still do. However I feel for OP now.

Honestly like Acura said, this project was way over your head, you admit that you are a noob yet you decided to take this on and charge 8 bills for some shitty job..Most of which is labour. Nothing you can do now, I get it, but your attitude is a bit to egotistic for someone who fucked up a job don't you think?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #170
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardude3 View Post
2) it was broken after that. Initial mod attempt.
4) it was you that texted me asking me
Orginal text on may 30th(iphone) you”can you send me some pics of the headlight?” me”-sends 3 pictures- left side a lil fog but it comes and goes, passenger side*.” You”ohh.. this is drivers side?” me”first one is the passenger, last 2 is driver.”
you can try checking your phone history from before. Those were exact words. Nothing further I can do to prove it.
5) it was edited after I posted the one without ur name, then people kept asking me for it. But I do sincerely apologize for that being unethical
6) picture posted
8) This why I said that im letting others judge, iunno whose fault it is at last because I understand you have ur own story, and I have mine.
10) okay thank you for that just throw it into the mailbox if you do because ima be out all day 2morrow, and I cant ask for it back because I have no way of contacting him.
11) at 4
12) that’s not what I meant. I know and understand that u screwed up on alcohol and u redid it again which i appreciate. The point I was making is that, u said on 3rd day everything on headlight was done, just waiting for grille. However, since u dumped the alcohol to treat the ink/marks inside there should’ve been paint screw up when I was there checking the headlight on the 3rd day. This means that you did not finish cleaning the headlight on the 3rd day.
14) yes and u heard this from him? And u only believed him and do not believe me at all. Nothing I can do about that since you weren’t there.
EDIT: Read the no more personal attacks post... OP, go have yourself a beer and tally what you did wrong for next time.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #171
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
^ all points that this man just made should be taken seriously and complied with

seriously though. just do everything he just said in the order he said and you'll be dandy

ps: when condensation happens after a headlight job, what's the first thing everybody always does? take a photo to show installer the problem. so why do you have no photos of the condensated light, and instead have only photos of the interior of the housing?
Posted via RS Mobile
im surprised you didnt make a thread about me
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #172
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
only a real man is down to travel down seas to see his woman's needs... holla meowmeow
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #173
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
limitless was on chat saying how funny it was that he scammed OP.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #174

Quote:
Trying to keep a humorous spin on this ...lol.

Anyways ... As limitless stated, the op and him are working to resolve and thus it appears the initial hostilities have worn off.
Just want to say sorry for my angry posts against you as well... But there's nothing to be resolved. My phone was open to him the entire time, to text or to call and he knows that. If you think I was hiding you're mistaken, he knows where I live he could easily get a hold of me. I don't know what the hell else to say.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
limitless was on chat saying how funny it was that he scammed OP.
You've been on my ass the entire night. Idk if you're drunk or whatever the hell you said in that wall of spam in chat, if you think I said this then quote the entire conversation before making any accusations. Don't just read half the shit posted and take bits and pieces from here and there, I never said that.

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread

This post thanked by:
Closed Thread